1. #43581
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Alphinaud's great. He undergoes the most character development out of all the Scions.
    Urianger is the worst. It feels like he's been written as a totally different person each expansion. First he was an elezen grimoir weiss, then he was some shady double agent chunni fuck and then he turned into a blank slate dumbledorelike that just infodumps while behind a straight up drone.

    Naturally he must have been replaced by an allagan construct!
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  2. #43582
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Urianger is the worst. It feels like he's been written as a totally different person each expansion. First he was an elezen grimoir weiss, then he was some shady double agent chunni fuck and then he turned into a blank slate dumbledorelike that just infodumps while behind a straight up drone.

    Naturally he must have been replaced by an allagan construct!
    I had an impression that Urianger is written solely as Koji's outlet for his unhealthy obsession with ye olde English.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  3. #43583
    For me the biggest tool in the Scions is definitely Alphinaud.

    Just hate him with a burning passion. It's nice when Alisaie scolds him.

    Best one is Tataru of course. And Y'sthola got bumped up to 2nd for me after "little sun".

  4. #43584
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And Y'sthola got bumped up to 2nd for me after "little sun".
    By the way, this is yet another example of liberal translation, in the Japanese VO she simply calls him 'boy'.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  5. #43585
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    For me the biggest tool in the Scions is definitely Alphinaud.

    Just hate him with a burning passion. It's nice when Alisaie scolds him.

    Best one is Tataru of course. And Y'sthola got bumped up to 2nd for me after "little sun".
    Shame Tataru has gone full Ken Sama this expansion.

    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  6. #43586
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Shame Tataru has gone full Ken Sama this expansion.
    Nah Tataru still best Scion.

    And best popoto. And that kimono/dress or w/e it is looks downright adorable on her!
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-12-23 at 06:26 PM.

  7. #43587
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,068
    Hmm weird little minigame.
    Best I could manage was 8/9 @ 60500 pts.
    I keep missing one of the yellow ones because I don't button mash hard enough lol.

  8. #43588
    Missed 1 critical.....

    Have to uninstall the game now.

  9. #43589
    Bloodsail Admiral Dugna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    1,083
    not sure on the hate on alphinaud, he's somebody who started out very haughty and thinking he could solve the worlds problems all in one fell swoop like some magician or something but fails, then overtime grows as a tactican and SMN would resulting in things like him gaining a brand new and unique carbuncle as time goes on and even learning his own special LB. So like when I see alphinaud fighting now and winning I doesn't really feel off unlike some other characters just suddenly being strong.

  10. #43590
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,068
    No clue, I quite like him.

    Only character I didn't like was Minfilia and she has been taken out long ago.

  11. #43591
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    No clue, I quite like him.

    Only character I didn't like was Minfilia and she has been taken out long ago.
    Get ready for Mini-fillia in Shadowbringers then
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  12. #43592
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Whats the appeal of the current state of WHM?
    To cut a long story short, the main appeal is that it's simple. It doesn't require much planning, you're free to ignore it's main mechanic and it's very hard to mess up on your cooldowns. It's a good choice for those who are new to healing and not perhaps the most confident yet because there's very little that can trip you up.

    And Holy. Holy is the easy mode switch for most 4 man dungeons.

  13. #43593
    Scarab Lord Greevir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tamriel
    Posts
    4,277
    I main as WHM. The only thing that annoys me really is questing. Aero 3, Aero 2, Stone, stone, stone, stone, stone.... stone 10more times is very unrewarding when questing. And for me, Lyse is my least liked character. She's kinda useless tbh. I liked her better as Yda. Had more personality.

  14. #43594
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I think the fight's a lot of fun. Some of the things we experienced this last night of farming we've not seen before across our previous 40 kills nor our plethora of wipes. I write some of it off as lag surprises. It can be frustrating, but it's pretty rewarding to get the no deaths kills. I'd like to see more content of this type - challenging 4 man stuff - perhaps without being quite as brutal as ol' Rathy's no heals/3 deaths fight.

    I think some of the randomness probably fittingly translates the Monster Hunter fights from what my MH playing friends describe. We just call him a "Picky ass bitch dragon" because he's real picky on where you are to consider you in the path of his attacks.

    - - - Updated - - -



    He kind of has telegraphs, though. They're just animated visual telegraphs and very very quick.
    what does mh mean in ff14?

  15. #43595
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    To cut a long story short, the main appeal is that it's simple. It doesn't require much planning, you're free to ignore it's main mechanic and it's very hard to mess up on your cooldowns. It's a good choice for those who are new to healing and not perhaps the most confident yet because there's very little that can trip you up.

    And Holy. Holy is the easy mode switch for most 4 man dungeons.
    The Holy thing i get but unless you need to start healing right away -which technically you only start from 15-ish onwards i would honestly jump to AST the first moment i could, its a shame you need the MSQ to open ishgard for it. The ability to just aoe heal and bubble everyone and use cards to buff gives you so much leniency while things like medica 2 seem to be a bigger mp hog for the same or less output.
    Granted for the most part i'm doing the roullette to level and getting a lot of greenleaves that have no idea about mechanics but still.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  16. #43596
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    what does mh mean in ff14?
    MH is just short for Monster Hunter.

    FF14 a while ago had a crossover event.

    We got Rathalos as a trial and MH got Behemoth as a hunt I think.

  17. #43597
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,068
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The Holy thing i get but unless you need to start healing right away -which technically you only start from 15-ish onwards i would honestly jump to AST the first moment i could, its a shame you need the MSQ to open ishgard for it. The ability to just aoe heal and bubble everyone and use cards to buff gives you so much leniency while things like medica 2 seem to be a bigger mp hog for the same or less output.
    Granted for the most part i'm doing the roullette to level and getting a lot of greenleaves that have no idea about mechanics but still.
    WHM is nice for progression raiding when the raw healing potential is needed at times.
    To me, AST would be fairly useless (healing wise) because my co healer is a Scholar, so I'd never play Noct.
    As for the card buffs: I find them rather annoying to manage to be honest. I certainly would not want to worry about that in savage raiding, got enough on my plate with trying to save asses of people that take unnecessary damage.

    I do agree that DPSing is rather meh but that goes for all the healers since SB. SE made it pretty clear that it is a side activity w/o much complexity for us but failed to beef up the incoming damage in 4man dungeons, that's why they are such AoE snoozefests.

  18. #43598
    Pandaren Monk Ralqadar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Wandering Hydaelyn.
    Posts
    1,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Lyse is my least liked character. She's kinda useless tbh. I liked her better as Yda. Had more personality.
    Agreed, though honestly Minfilia and her are pretty much equal to me.

    Though as a rule of thumb I hate almost all blonde haired blue-eyed female final fantasy characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

  19. #43599
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The Holy thing i get but unless you need to start healing right away -which technically you only start from 15-ish onwards i would honestly jump to AST the first moment i could, its a shame you need the MSQ to open ishgard for it. The ability to just aoe heal and bubble everyone and use cards to buff gives you so much leniency while things like medica 2 seem to be a bigger mp hog for the same or less output.
    Granted for the most part i'm doing the roullette to level and getting a lot of greenleaves that have no idea about mechanics but still.
    Some people just need a simple, bare-bones basic healer to get them into the swing of things. Honestly, I think that's a fine niche for it to have. It doesn't make it any worse as a Job, but by being more approachable it's a stepping stone to the other, more difficult, healing Jobs. It's also the iconic video game healer too, that holds a lot of appeal for some.

    AST is much more versitile and far more fun, I agree. It also asks more of the player, which makes it less beginner friendly than WHM.

  20. #43600
    For me when it comes to healing I've really been enjoying SCH as of late.

    Never thought I'd enjoy a shield/pet based healer but I do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •