Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    maybe tons of people die in the next patch story because of that war with garlemald and the MC just becomes to pissed off at the light that never helps that they snap.
    Played a traumatized, borderline insane Draenei that walked in the shadows for many years.
    I hope for sth different.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yup. The part that I'm wondering about is how they will have us "switch side" so to speak. Will we now work with Elidibus on behalf of Zodiark? Will we now become Zodiarks chosen? Will we be the chosen for "the Source" so be able to speak to both Hydaelyn and Zodiark? How will the whole narrative of now being a "Warrior of Darkness" START, let alone play out?
    It could be possible the voice in the last MSQ was Zodiark and like Hydaelyn he can speak to people with the echo. Imagine if the Ascians worship him but they worship him like the namazu worship "The Big One". Theres a person they worship the idea of but no living soul in the groups actually done anything but praise a statue and interpret it. Zodiark might not be this all encompassing evil but just something like the gods of destruction in dragonball and is basically the cosmic recycler to haedylyns cosmic builder. We heard her when darkness threatened all, if the flood of light is some lightsent swarm eating up each world maybe thats why we are hearing Zodiark if the threat of light is on the horizon?
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Herald of the Titans MrPaladinGuy's Avatar
    Is the final tier out yet ?

I tend to only play for a few months once it is.
    8600K @ 4.8 | 1080 Strix | 16GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 SSD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS | Oculus Rift CV1
    WoW|Diablo 3|FF14|Steam

Most likely, yes.
    Omega story arc has been concluded.

I would say absolutely yes without a "most likely" qualifier.

The final raid tier is out
    The final 24 man comes out in January
    March will be final patch part 1
    April or May will be final patch part 2
    Expansion is expected June'ish with the "early summer"

Welp i'm done with Doma and the last of the Beast Tribes finally. Really nothing to do right now but Eureka and chasing the last few crafting master recipes.

So its crafting time
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

My friends and I finally finished Rathalos farming for the mount. Two of us got it via whistle, the others had to finish the 50 scale grind.

Man, even after you've got that fight down, he can be a tricky & picky jerkface of a dragon with some weird shenanigans and irritating RNG. We got 13 kills last night and our weirdest moments:

Rathalos' down gauge hits 100 and he falls. As I start to run for the tail..... I get blasted with knock back and stun as if he did a half circle fire breath despite being down. We lose a good chunk of DPS time. I try to LB, which goes off but he gets up while its in mid animation and we lose the LB and do not do damage with it. >__<

I'm behind Rathalos, our tank is in front'ish of him and moving. Rathalos targets them and they move around behind me. He swipes forward and then turns around to face us. Somehow I get stun hit and instantly killed as if I was in the path of his dash. The tank standing with me is not hit at all.

The sheep chain sleeped me......with the last couple of sleep being way way waaaaaaay out of their AoE since the tank pulled them away from me. This one was more funny than irritating, but everyone was questioning how they were still sleeping me at the distance. We assumed lag, but hoo boy it was just quite an impressive visual.

Of course we had the expected annoyances. RNG picking our healer for the three fireballs while Rathalos was dead center so we could just keep beating on him, a mistake causing a stun and Rathalos targeting them again to go in for the kill (more logical that he would than wouldn't, but still a "Noooooo!" moment).

I don't think any of us are too interested in grinding up for the dyeable version of the armor. If it didn't have the weird butt spikes, maybe, but as they are..... nah...

The 4.5 site is now live with scant story teasers and the explanations of where Blue Mage came from. Apparently a very shifty Snake Oil Salesman-ish mage is just flat out selling the job stones for cash, he learned and got the stones from the ever-mysterious New World.

I was sort of disappointed with the Blue Mage announcement as a "Limited Job" but the more I consider it as simply something else to do aside from the other things FFXIV has to offer (which is a lot) the more excited I get for it.

Plus, doing hunts with BLU will be hilarious. Looking forward to it more so now than I was before for sure.
    FFXIV: Zelliaind Rageborne - "FC Daddy" of Log Horizon <Lv??> on US-Leviathan

@Faroth: yeah, Rathalos can be pretty buggy and mean. Imho it's not a well implemented fight and simply put: not fun.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    The 4.5 site is now live with scant story teasers and the explanations of where Blue Mage came from. Apparently a very shifty Snake Oil Salesman-ish mage is just flat out selling the job stones for cash, he learned and got the stones from the ever-mysterious New World.
    I will farm that gear for the rest of my days.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    @Faroth: yeah, Rathalos can be pretty buggy and mean. Imho it's not a well implemented fight and simply put: not fun.
    It's a bloody stupid idea putting MH style fights into FF14. It's awful without telegraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's a bloody stupid idea putting MH style fights into FF14. It's awful without telegraphs.
    Actually the absence of telegraphs is not a problem. Many encounters in savage have plenty of abilities they no longer telegraph at all.
    Midgardsomr is a good example of that.

The problem is, that the timing between dragon turns -> dragon attacks/charges is simply put: too short.
    Serverlag alone will see to it that you get hit now and then despite dodging correctly (that often happens in savage too, sooo frustrating!). Couple that with almost everything being an instagib and only 3 rezzez and you get a recipe for frustration.

With servers as laggy and unpredictable as FF-XIVs, the 3 deaths = wipe penalty should never have been incorporated.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I think the fight's a lot of fun. Some of the things we experienced this last night of farming we've not seen before across our previous 40 kills nor our plethora of wipes. I write some of it off as lag surprises. It can be frustrating, but it's pretty rewarding to get the no deaths kills. I'd like to see more content of this type - challenging 4 man stuff - perhaps without being quite as brutal as ol' Rathy's no heals/3 deaths fight.

I think some of the randomness probably fittingly translates the Monster Hunter fights from what my MH playing friends describe. We just call him a "Picky ass bitch dragon" because he's real picky on where you are to consider you in the path of his attacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    He kind of has telegraphs, though. They're just animated visual telegraphs and very very quick.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2018-12-14 at 02:22 PM.

They called me mad when i said BLU would have a drag and drop system for abilities!

https://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot....-from-new.html - my thoughts now we know a little more about the job beyond 'not a real job, the skys falling all is lost!'.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2018-12-14 at 04:33 PM.

I like the idea of being a bit like the ol' EQ days of actually choosing the spells you're going into battle with and not being able to have every ability up at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I like the idea of being a bit like the ol' EQ days of actually choosing the spells you're going into battle with and not being able to have every ability up at all times.
    I could see that they are being held back level cap wise just so they dont have to balance it for endgame in two major updates one after the other what with Shadowbringers system wide revamps and maybe we do get BLU in duty finder but in that instance, just like how scaling locks every other job out of certain moves at certain levels, you just have a 'duty finder rotation' for BLU in the future with stuff like 'no lvl.5 death allowed'.

BLU would definitely be something for me to play around as solo. Heavy restrictions could be a work around but it'll just feel like another spell caster that plays even worse probably due to the non connective(?) nature of the spells. That said though, the option with skill restrictions wouldn't be a bad thing and they could have the caveat that this class could suck utter ass in raids or LFD with no consideration for balance. Granted some people will probably still complain about it even with the caveat, but that's just going to happen anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'd like to see more content of this type - challenging 4 man stuff -
    As long as it doesn't end up in a "be lucky that the server is in a good mood" and I get to play my class properly, you won't get any argument from me.
    Being a braindead dispel bot in PII is not fun though.

Well, the little mini-game for the seasonal event was pretty neat.