1. #43821
    Quote Originally Posted by Resiak View Post
    I havnt played it too much, i think i'm level 8 with 4 skills, so I wasn't sure how powerful they get. I'm fine if they can't ever integrate with the regular game. The job makes a good side diversion when you dont feel like running the same old stuff. I just hope after a couple weeks it becomes nearly impossible to get the group content skills.
    I'm guessing you mean DOESN'T become nearly impossible to get the group content skills? If you truly mean you hope it becomes hard to get the skills, why?

    I have a feeling things will die down relatively soon, but there are always farm groups going into the group content, so I don't see Blue Mage having that much difficulty getting them. Not to mention I feel like people could look at the PF and join Blue's farming instances or trials for fun and quick runs, because Blue's really are pretty insanely OP with the right kit.

    I do find it funny how impatient people can be, starting to complain after not getting a skill within a few minutes. I've only had to "farm" two dungeon skills; Mind Blast and Glower. Glower wasn't bad because we traded runs with everyone going on a 70 to blow through it, but still took 4-5 tries before everyone got it, but only took maybe 30 minutes for all 4 to get it. Mind Blast we weren't that smart and it took almost an hour in 4 runs because we all went Blue. Was still fun going through the Tam Tara melting faces, but 1k Needles was getting old and having to spend ~15 minutes for a single attempt at a skill was just annoying.

    I'm going to be farming skills the next few days in the hope I'll have the full 49/49 before things die down, but I don't think anyone will have much problem in the weeks to come.

  2. #43822
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'm guessing you mean DOESN'T become nearly impossible to get the group content skills? If you truly mean you hope it becomes hard to get the skills, why?

    I have a feeling things will die down relatively soon, but there are always farm groups going into the group content, so I don't see Blue Mage having that much difficulty getting them. Not to mention I feel like people could look at the PF and join Blue's farming instances or trials for fun and quick runs, because Blue's really are pretty insanely OP with the right kit.

    I do find it funny how impatient people can be, starting to complain after not getting a skill within a few minutes. I've only had to "farm" two dungeon skills; Mind Blast and Glower. Glower wasn't bad because we traded runs with everyone going on a 70 to blow through it, but still took 4-5 tries before everyone got it, but only took maybe 30 minutes for all 4 to get it. Mind Blast we weren't that smart and it took almost an hour in 4 runs because we all went Blue. Was still fun going through the Tam Tara melting faces, but 1k Needles was getting old and having to spend ~15 minutes for a single attempt at a skill was just annoying.

    I'm going to be farming skills the next few days in the hope I'll have the full 49/49 before things die down, but I don't think anyone will have much problem in the weeks to come.
    Correct, i missed that. I would hate to see it become dead after a couple weeks. I really like the idea behind the job as i'm the kind of person that loves to play mmos, but dont always want to be doing group content. Blue mage was a much needed addition.

  3. #43823
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'm guessing you mean DOESN'T become nearly impossible to get the group content skills? If you truly mean you hope it becomes hard to get the skills, why?

    I have a feeling things will die down relatively soon, but there are always farm groups going into the group content, so I don't see Blue Mage having that much difficulty getting them. Not to mention I feel like people could look at the PF and join Blue's farming instances or trials for fun and quick runs, because Blue's really are pretty insanely OP with the right kit.

    I do find it funny how impatient people can be, starting to complain after not getting a skill within a few minutes. I've only had to "farm" two dungeon skills; Mind Blast and Glower. Glower wasn't bad because we traded runs with everyone going on a 70 to blow through it, but still took 4-5 tries before everyone got it, but only took maybe 30 minutes for all 4 to get it. Mind Blast we weren't that smart and it took almost an hour in 4 runs because we all went Blue. Was still fun going through the Tam Tara melting faces, but 1k Needles was getting old and having to spend ~15 minutes for a single attempt at a skill was just annoying.

    I'm going to be farming skills the next few days in the hope I'll have the full 49/49 before things die down, but I don't think anyone will have much problem in the weeks to come.
    Is now a bad time to admit I got Mind Blast first try and kinda wish I didn't? Would have been nice to farm Tam-Tara for exp and gear.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  4. #43824
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Is now a bad time to admit I got Mind Blast first try and kinda wish I didn't? Would have been nice to farm Tam-Tara for exp and gear.
    I got both Dragon's Voice and Ram's Voice my first time through Cutters Cry, so it evened out, lol. That's RNG for you.

    You get xp so fast in the open world by yourself it's ridiculous, leveling in dungeons as a Blue Mage is honestly just not an effective use of time. 1k Needles one shot kills enemies even up into the level ~35 range, with it ALMOST doing the job all the way up to ~45, only need a few more spells to take out most enemies. With 1k Needles, leveling from 20-35 should be a total breeze, with your biggest hurdle being finding enough things to kill. Single mobs in the open world give 10k+ xp per kill for things your level and higher. Dungeon mobs only give ~1k each if my venture into Tam Tara was anything to go by. So open world > dungeons, for sure.

    Since you can level so fast, grinding a dungeon for gear is also just not an effective use of time since you'll be replacing it far before it's even spiritbound. You can get decent sets of gear from the armor NPC's in each city state (I usually go to Ul'dah because the vendor is right next to the Aetheryte and Market Board) for really cheap. The only thing you may want to buy from the MB are accessories, but there's vendors for some of those too.

    There's so few Intelligence points to be had on gear pre 50 that a few levels with sub par gear aren't going to really impact your game play.

  5. #43825
    I wish they put a few more hints into BLU spellbook. It feels like you either have to look up a guide, or go around the zone killing about 10 of each mob to account for RNG. Or well, just observe what the other BLU are attacking, but that's essentially looking up a guide.

    Even the name of the spell would be enough.

  6. #43826
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I got both Dragon's Voice and Ram's Voice my first time through Cutters Cry, so it evened out, lol. That's RNG for you.
    Worst i had so far was the Zu in Pharos Siruis. You need to break eggs and push it into the enrage where it does an aoe slam for around 80+% of everyones hp around it. White wind spam eats into magic and you need to wait for the frenzy to end not just trigger. Got Sirens in one go but took ages for Zu and one person released and didnt get it so we all swapped to our 70's unsynched and spammed it till she got it like 40 minutes later.

    Surprised i've seen no queues for ADS in party finder. Maybe theres been a drop off in ARR raiders and most people never did turn 1/2 to know ADS is the easiest raid boss in the game.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  7. #43827
    High Overlord Graeham II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    R.I.P Graeham Cracker, you will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    what happened to Graeham? Or is it just the EU account deletion bug? He will prob be back if so.
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    It should be. His e-mail attached to this account is one he doesn't check often so he never authorized what he was required to keep his account. Hopefully he does that account retrieval soon.
    I return! Unfortunately I cannot use the account restoration feature as I no longer have access to the e-mail account associated with my previous profile.

    So...new account it is!

  8. #43828
    missile is hilarious. you can blow up bosses in a few seconds. havent seen it work on final bosses yet though.

  9. #43829
    High Overlord Graeham II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    170
    BLU is exactly what I was hoping it to be. It appeals to me in the same way as FSH - more of a mini-game than a proper job, though both give me that special feeling that comes with the side activities in classic JRPG's!

  10. #43830
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    So...new account it is!
    Oh my, I would be sooo pissed.
    Welcome back though.

  11. #43831
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Worst i had so far was the Zu in Pharos Siruis. You need to break eggs and push it into the enrage where it does an aoe slam for around 80+% of everyones hp around it. White wind spam eats into magic and you need to wait for the frenzy to end not just trigger. Got Sirens in one go but took ages for Zu and one person released and didnt get it so we all swapped to our 70's unsynched and spammed it till she got it like 40 minutes later.

    Surprised i've seen no queues for ADS in party finder. Maybe theres been a drop off in ARR raiders and most people never did turn 1/2 to know ADS is the easiest raid boss in the game.
    I did Haukke Manor NM, Titan, Leviathan and ADS last night, ended up getting Level 5 Petrify, Mountain Buster, Veil of the Whorl, Aqua Breath, and High Voltage. You can apparently get Aqua Breath from Leviathan, though I think one of his adds is the one that uses it. Did a levequest in Mor Dhona with the Shadow Dragon to get The Look (Necrologos something something...so you don't have to do Amdapor Keep). Titan and Levi were done with a 7 man group where we switched every 10 tries, 4 70s/ 3 BLU -> 4 BLU/ 3 70s. On Titan the first time we did it the BLU's got it, then we swapped and it took ~10 tries for the rest of us to get it, but it was super easy, just watcj for Landslide and Weight of the Mountain and you can basically ignore the rest of the mechanics (don't stand in front when he does Mountain Buster though). Levi was ~10 tries each group, but we had a WHM and a RDM 70, so we blew him up, self-destructed to help kill adds, and then had all the BLU's get rezzed after his ultimate so each try only took 50-60 seconds so everyone got it in like 25 minutes. ADS, we spent more time in loading screens and running to it than we did fighting. As long as you don't stun or silence, ADS opens up the fight with High Voltage so you don't have to wait for anything and it's super quick. Took ~ 10 tries for the first group, and the second group got it on the first try.

    I got a second group for Stone Vigil HM to get Diamondback, but we went as all Blue Mages, and couldn't even get passed the first boss. It's certainly doable, people just need to actually do mechanics, but my group seemed incapable of that and it was late so I didn't stick around to even try at the 2nd boss who has the ability. Will be trying that tonight.

    I came up with a strategy, though it's obviously superstitious, but it worked for me every time....every battle where literally all I did as Blue Mage was Flying Sardine is the time I learned the ability. So, I'm going to be using my Super Flying Sardine strategy from now on, lol. It's hilarious.

    I really am loving Blue Mage now, I'm at the point where I'm having difficulty choosing my active abilities. Some are pretty easy to get rid of for general play, but most get at least some situational usage Still have 1k Needles on my bar, not sure how much longer that will last though, since most spells are able to compete with it now, not in a single cast, but 1k takes 6 seconds and most others take 2-3 so if the spell does~450-500 damage, it's competitive.

    Haven't tried Masked Carnival yet, will probably do that today to try and get Doom and Moon Flute.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    missile is hilarious. you can blow up bosses in a few seconds. havent seen it work on final bosses yet though.
    Doesn't it have a super low chance to hit? There's a reddit post going through and identifying which bosses are susceptible to spells like that (Missile, Doom, Tail Screw) and there are quite a few that can be hit by them, but as of yet, no final bosses identified.

  12. #43832
    So far its looking like Shiva's move, which i guess before the 2 masked carnival ones is the final spell, is the lowest drop rate of the lot which i guess isn't that surprising.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  13. #43833
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So far its looking like Shiva's move, which i guess before the 2 masked carnival ones is the final spell, is the lowest drop rate of the lot which i guess isn't that surprising.
    In order of when the content was released, yeah Shiva EX would be the "last" spell. But technically, Leviathan's Veil of the Whorl is spell 49/49 in the spell book. All of the EX primal abilities have a 5-star rating, which according to the drop rates, data miners, etc... correlates to chance of acquiring the spell. The more stars, the lower the drop chance. So in that sense, they're all the same. RNG is RNG though so...yeah.

    At least in this game it's super easy to tell when you get the spell. I remember fighting monkeys for hours in FFXI to try and get the healing spell Magic Fruit....only to check my spells and see that I had earned it at some point, I think I did the same thing with Cocoon. I don't know how long I spent just killing them for no reason, but I was quite frustrated as I checked the chat log and scrolled as far back as it would let me and I didn't see it in there and there was ~30 minutes worth of activity in that log, so I wasted at least 30 minutes....frustrating.

  14. #43834
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Doesn't it have a super low chance to hit? There's a reddit post going through and identifying which bosses are susceptible to spells like that (Missile, Doom, Tail Screw) and there are quite a few that can be hit by them, but as of yet, no final bosses identified.
    doesn't seem low at all to me. had 5 work in a row on the first aurum vale boss. been using it as my main spell soloing dungeons. trials and final dungeon bosses all seem immune to it though.

  15. #43835
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    doesn't seem low at all to me. had 5 work in a row on the first aurum vale boss. been using it as my main spell soloing dungeons. trials and final dungeon bosses all seem immune to it though.
    Good to know. I'll be working on getting that one today for sure then.

  16. #43836
    High Overlord Graeham II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    170
    The Masked Carnivale is a lot of fun! There's a few fights I can't do yet without the required abilities, though I'm in no huge rush since there's a lot of time to kill between now and 5.0.

  17. #43837
    Got ADS down. Just the extreme primals left and boy is it hard to get some people to stop dpsing at 70, on ifrit its a nightmare!
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  18. #43838
    High Overlord Graeham II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    170
    I'm at 39/49 abilities so far for BLU.

  19. #43839
    Just in a dungeon and used Tail Spin for a 105,000 damage hit that killed an already dotted boss and the tank started freaking out since he only knew about the Ink spell.

    - - - Updated - - -



    - - - Updated - - -

    3 hours helping people get shivas spell then when its out turn 'gg gotta go' from all of them -_-
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  20. #43840
    So are Blue Mages not allowed to do the group finder with regular classes yet? I've been leveling my WHM and I haven't seen a single one. In the world though, goddamn trying to do my ~45-50 hunts is a pain in the ass with all the blue mages running around killing all the stuff I need.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •