1. #43841
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    So are Blue Mages not allowed to do the group finder with regular classes yet? I've been leveling my WHM and I haven't seen a single one. In the world though, goddamn trying to do my ~45-50 hunts is a pain in the ass with all the blue mages running around killing all the stuff I need.
    BLU have moves like Tail Screw that reduce a mob or bosses hp to 1, they are too unbalanced in terms of farming xp and stuff.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  2. #43842
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    BLU have moves like Tail Screw that reduce a mob or bosses hp to 1, they are too unbalanced in terms of farming xp and stuff.
    I donno I haven't been paying much attention to it since I wasn't leveling one and wasn't planning on it for a long while.

  3. #43843
    Well i took a break from grinding the last 3 primals and tried the masked carnival and its totally a brawlers guild type thing like i expected. You either have some looong fights or you figure out the right combination of monster magic to end it in seconds. Got to 12/20 and picked up to 10 stages complete spell, only Ramuh, Titan, Shiva and Doom from the 20 stage spell totem left but i don't think its going to be easy. I've seen plenty of 50 BLU's since day one but not one with that gold cane for finishing it.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  4. #43844
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar: Tsunako
    Posts
    15,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    I return! Unfortunately I cannot use the account restoration feature as I no longer have access to the e-mail account associated with my previous profile.

    So...new account it is!
    This looks like a ban evade... hmm...

    Anyways yeah that kind of suck, maybe poke chaud about it.

    also this RNG <3
    First draw riichi, 3rd draw tsumo.


    I may or may not have spent a lot of time in Mahjong recently. >.>

  5. #43845
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Land of the thousand lakes
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    This looks like a ban evade... hmm...

    Anyways yeah that kind of suck, maybe poke chaud about it.

    also this RNG <3
    First draw riichi, 3rd draw tsumo.


    I may or may not have spent a lot of time in Mahjong recently. >.>
    That game is too addicting, decided to give it a try, got stuck for 5 hours. Luckily it was weekend!
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

  6. #43846
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    BLU have moves like Tail Screw that reduce a mob or bosses hp to 1, they are too unbalanced in terms of farming xp and stuff.
    The problem is that with the vast majority of content that actually matters the mobs are immune to the broken spells and damage wise the class hits like a wet noodle compared to other jobs at level 50 and requires level 70's to carry them in content like the Primals. It's also annoying that the side content gimmick (which is what BLU really is) they advertised as 'solo content' requires groups for learning a large amount of spells and there's also nothing fun running a 5 year old Primal fight for 4 hours just to get a spell. The damned ponies should not be more common than the spells. The Carnival itself does little to interest me since the rewards just aren't there as I don't care about Allied Seals or old Tomestones and this could have easily been helped by adding cosmetic rewards and mounts like WoW Brawlers Guild.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2019-01-20 at 07:34 PM.

  7. #43847
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,435
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    The Carnival itself does little to interest me since the rewards just aren't there as I don't care about Allied Seals or old Tomestones and this could have easily been helped by adding cosmetic rewards and mounts like WoW Brawlers Guild.
    GOOD.
    They should not follow Blizzard and use rewards to entice people to do the content.
    Do the carnival if you find it fun, else don't.

  8. #43848
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    GOOD.
    They should not follow Blizzard and use rewards to entice people to do the content.
    Do the carnival if you find it fun, else don't.
    This.

    It's already bad enough Eureka uses the relic to entice people. Imo BLU and the Carnivale are quite fun.

  9. #43849
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    GOOD.
    They should not follow Blizzard and use rewards to entice people to do the content.
    Do the carnival if you find it fun, else don't.
    You get a title and a special cane which i think is good enough. The scavenger hunt and figuring out the 'end it in seconds' puzzle for each stage is fun enough. Bad mmo design is making the 'fun' only exist for a reward like a gear upgrade. Thats holding player progression hostage. This is a totally optional timesink for the fun of it.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  10. #43850
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    GOOD.
    They should not follow Blizzard and use rewards to entice people to do the content.
    Do the carnival if you find it fun, else don't.
    Ehhh. I like being rewarded for doing Content (mostly if it is purely cosmetic). I think people just should be in the mindset that if they don't do the content they don't get the rewards.

  11. #43851
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Rubbing Specialist View Post
    I think people just should be in the mindset that if they don't do the content they don't get the rewards.
    The monkeys paw is this lead to a large portion of many mmos lifespans being 'raid or die' rather than 'its about the journey, not the destination'.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  12. #43852
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The monkeys paw is this lead to a large portion of many mmos lifespans being 'raid or die' rather than 'its about the journey, not the destination'.
    There is plenty of rewardable content that isn't raiding though. You can be rewarded for a Journey.

  13. #43853
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    You get a title and a special cane which i think is good enough. The scavenger hunt and figuring out the 'end it in seconds' puzzle for each stage is fun enough. Bad mmo design is making the 'fun' only exist for a reward like a gear upgrade. Thats holding player progression hostage. This is a totally optional timesink for the fun of it.
    There's a Blue Story Quest locked behind Masked Carnivale… but tbh you only have to do the 25th one to unlock it and honestly? I don't see it as being much different from the fact that all other Level 50 Job Quests end in a fight.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    The problem is that with the vast majority of content that actually matters the mobs are immune to the broken spells and damage wise the class hits like a wet noodle compared to other jobs at level 50 and requires level 70's to carry them in content like the Primals.
    Several Dungeon Bosses can be hit by the "Insta-Death" spells (Missiles, Tail Screw, Doom) while Adds that are spawned in boss/primal fights can be hit by them (hadn't thought to try it on Nails, but if Gray Arbiters are...) so there's that. I think once a decent enough rotation can be found and practiced enough then the class will probably do a lot better damage-wise (afaik: Bristle > Off-Guard > Peculiar Light > Song of Torment, then try to fit in as many alternating Mind Blast/Primal spells (since Primal abilities are off GCD and instant, while Mind Blast is the fastest casting spell that is boosted by Peculiar Light) into the Peculiar Light window as you can before settling into spamming one of your 130 potency spells works pretty well.)

  14. #43854
    How active is the group finder? The last time I played the game around the lvl30s using the "roulette"(?) it would take 40minutes and over to get into a group. Is it just longer and the lower levels to get into a random? Been thinking of coming back and giving it another go. I enjoyed the game but just hated playing alone in it lol.

  15. #43855
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    How active is the group finder? The last time I played the game around the lvl30s using the "roulette"(?) it would take 40minutes and over to get into a group. Is it just longer and the lower levels to get into a random? Been thinking of coming back and giving it another go. I enjoyed the game but just hated playing alone in it lol.
    I've leveled two alts from 1-50 in the last year, and the only dungeons I noticed a much longer than average wait time were the two end scenarios for ARR, Castrum Meridianum and Praetorium. Everything else was normal, roughly 10-20 minutes for DPS classes, anywhere from 1-10 minutes for a healer (usually less than 5) and less than 5 minutes as a tank (usually less than 2). The wait times change depending on what time of day you're playing though.

    How long ago did you play and on which server? They've made a lot of changes to the random grouping in duty finder over the last year or so, so you can get grouped with anyone on your data center which helps immensely with wait times.

  16. #43856
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I've leveled two alts from 1-50 in the last year, and the only dungeons I noticed a much longer than average wait time were the two end scenarios for ARR, Castrum Meridianum and Praetorium. Everything else was normal, roughly 10-20 minutes for DPS classes, anywhere from 1-10 minutes for a healer (usually less than 5) and less than 5 minutes as a tank (usually less than 2). The wait times change depending on what time of day you're playing though.

    How long ago did you play and on which server? They've made a lot of changes to the random grouping in duty finder over the last year or so, so you can get grouped with anyone on your data center which helps immensely with wait times.
    Around 2 years I think. Its been a while. My characters on Leviathan.

  17. #43857
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    So are Blue Mages not allowed to do the group finder with regular classes yet? I've been leveling my WHM and I haven't seen a single one. In the world though, goddamn trying to do my ~45-50 hunts is a pain in the ass with all the blue mages running around killing all the stuff I need.
    Blue Mage is not allowed to use the Duty Finder to get into random dungeons, they have to join or create groups through the Party Finder and enter the dungeons/trials manually.

    On that note, I finally got the last few primal spells I needed and am now 49/49 on Blue spells. I had a lot of fun with the dungeon and open world spells, fuck the primal spells. Their drop rate needs a serious increase or some kind of fail proof way of getting them. I spent a total of 7 hours trying to get Garuda's spell, with Shiva and Ramuh taking 3-5 hours each. Levi, Titan and Ifrit took less than an hour each. RNG is RNG, I get that, but that kind of drop rate when you need at least 4 other people to make it possible (and bearable) to get the spell on a job that's supposedly intended for solo play is ridiculous.

    I haven't finished the Masked Carnival yet, working my way from 1-25 and just got to fight 24 last night and just wasn't in the mood to take my time with it and got frustrated when the mob in Act 3 didn't die to my fully buffed Final Sting...with only 1% HP left. It's not hard, just wasn't i the mood to deal with it normally after spending literally all day farming Shiva and Garuda.

    Blue Mage is fun, but it would be so much more rewarding and interesting to play if it were allowed to go into dungeons with everyone else. The only mechanics that make it "broken" are the instant death spells, of which most bosses are immune, but they could easily fix that by making those moves unusable in dungeons if that's what it took. They already have story quests locked behind learning certain spells, why couldn't they lock duty finder access behind having certain spells? As it is, once I finish Masked Carnival fight 25 and complete the Blue Mage story line I'm not likely to pick up the class again until they release new spells because there's simply no reason for me to play it....maybe doing Carnival for the Allied Seals, but that will only last as long as it takes to get the mount speed increase for every zone, which won't take long.

    Some of the most fun I've had is "carrying" a group of 3 Blues through Pharos Sirius so they could learn Flying Frenzy and Song of Torment and they ended up almost carrying me since I would gather up all the mobs and then they'd self destruct to kill everything. I just worked the bosses so they could learn the spells. Final Sting is pretty brokenly OP as well, with a fully buffed (Bristle, Peculiar Light, Off-Guard and Moonflute) able to crit for over 100k.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Around 2 years I think. Its been a while. My characters on Leviathan.
    Then to answer our question, your issues with duty finder queue times have been fixed. Wait times should be significantly lower than what you experienced before.

  18. #43858
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    We need a screen shot of her next to a Roe or an elezaan to get an idea of Fran's height.
    Minimum height Elezen at your service.

    Spoiler: 
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2019-01-21 at 05:19 PM.

  19. #43859
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    snip
    It seems like the common concensus is that BLU is going to be the open world farming job once you exhaust the content. I imagine ARR hunting parties are going to be a nightmare but beyond that a lot of folks are expecting it to be ridiculous for fates. Can't wait to see King Behemoth vs a bunch of BLU's but aside from that stuff the boss fates that drop pets and cosmetic stuff for a gold star completion that are basically abandoned means people will be able to get their Baby Buns again without hoping someone else would show up.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  20. #43860
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    It seems like the common concensus is that BLU is going to be the open world farming job once you exhaust the content. I imagine ARR hunting parties are going to be a nightmare but beyond that a lot of folks are expecting it to be ridiculous for fates. Can't wait to see King Behemoth vs a bunch of BLU's but aside from that stuff the boss fates that drop pets and cosmetic stuff for a gold star completion that are basically abandoned means people will be able to get their Baby Buns again without hoping someone else would show up.
    Which is fine , I guess. Still that's a super niche way to use a job they spent so much time developing. Don't get me wrong I really do like the job, but it's novelty drops off completely (for me, and many others who have already voiced their opinion) once you've done all the "Blue Mage" content. And after playing it and seeing how it's been implemented and how much damage they can really do, I really don't see a reason why they can't do duty finder. A few spells are brokenly OP, but otherwise their damage output is pretty sub par honestly. Disable the instant death skills in dungeons, lock them out of duty finder until they have some required spells (like they're already doing for the job quests) and they'd be fine and would still feel like Blue Mage, because many of the OP spells are useless on a lot of bosses anyway. They could just make trash mobs immune to them as well if they really wanted to make a trash pack challenging for some reason.

    For me, it's a fun, amazing, different and quirky job that's never going to be touched outside of farming spells, doing the Masked Carnival once, and doing the job quests...meaning I'm never going to use Blue Mage outside of Blue Mage specific uses. Which I find a bit tragic considering how cool the job is and how easily I believe they could accommodate it in regular dungeon play. Lock it out of end game raids and truly end-game content (Savage raid, Extreme Primals) where balance is really important, but dungeons where we out gear them within a few days and roflstomp them from that point on I just don't see a reason to keep Blue Mage from being able to participate. Story Content as well, it's dumb they can't be used in story quests.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •