Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke42 View Post
    you can check each fight and see what the orange DPS is (95-99) and consider that the upper limit.

Ofcourse doing orange require the perfect setup for your class (other class/buffs) and near BiS gear.
    However, as long as you purple (+75%) you are golden (imho).
    wrong quote lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    wrong quote lol
    damn, thx for pointing it out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke42 View Post
    Ofcourse doing orange require the perfect setup for your class (raid comp/buffs) and near BiS gear.
    Not sure how much of an effect that has in FF-XIV compared to WoW but you also only get orange values if you do not have special tasks in an encounter and if your raid as a whole has good performance.

You can be the best gamer in the world and will get mediocre parses if your raid group drags the encounter out till the maximum enrage cheese.

Esp as a healer, how much DPS you can actually do is extremely dependent on your group.

Getting the perfect buff set-up is nice, but much more important than that is making sure you are lining up the cooldown windows you have for coordinated burst. We've brought a few people in to our raid nights recently to teach encounters and that is often the area overlooked even if they know their rotation and have awareness of mechanics. They will use offensive CDs/go into burst windows right as they come up, regardless if everyone else is ready or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Fact is: SE cannot see whether you use ACT or not. They cannot access your client hardware in any way.
    Just like Blizzard could never see my altered Draenei textures (The muted color of the jewelry on the dark skin tone annoyed me, so I fixed that ).

What they could see is you mentioning the "crap DPS" term in chat but crap DPS can be seen w/o parser. Observing what you do is enough to see whether you are doing your base rotation right and trying your best or whether you are cpt-shield lob level of incompetent.

They will NOT ban you for kicking such a person.

They will ban you if you state sth like "yo, why the F do you do 1K DPS you moron?!".
    People that use ACT know that the first rule of the ACT club is to not talk about the ACT club with the uninitiated.

That's why we do not get banned for it.
    Any live game company such as Blizzard, Square Enix, Bioware, etc can see if you inject something into your game.
    See, the parser itself is against ToS in nature, Naoki Yoshida even said so himself less than two years ago, if you use it against players then you're risking a ban. And people have clearly gotten banned over such before, as I said in my first post on this topic, an IRL friend of mine got banned for simply removing people due to them not pulling their weight.

The guy received a suspension for a week and decided not to do it again. Fact of the matter is that it -is bannable- which is what idiots in this thread disagree with, but we don't have to look far back in time to confirm my statement about it being bannable, that is why I'm right and the other passive aggressive crybaby is wrong.

In the end, it's all down to the GMs choice, if they see it fit to ban someone because they're bringing their utterly pathetic WoW mentality, then they'll do so. Clearly there's GMs who do not tolerate that behavior and they're in the right to ban people like that. If I reported the little crybaby from this thread and I wrote an actual proper well written report, then it's actually much more likely he'd receive a punishment than not.

And this is the point I am trying to make, it is against ToS, you can get banned for it, these are the facts.

- - - Updated - - -

the devs cant tell if you parse unless you link it or talk about it. you dont even know how ACT works ffs lmfao. keep living in pretend land care bear and ill keep kicking shitters without even the tiniest of worries.
    Lmao, look at you getting so worked up over this.
    Go back to WoW, we don't want you here.

Also, care bear is such an outdated term, get with the times, it's used by people who are like 40 years old.
    But then again, looks like I am not too far off here , LUL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Any live game company such as Blizzard, Square Enix, Bioware, etc can see if you inject something into your game.
    ACT does not inject.
    ACT only reads.

DEVs cannot tell unless you tell.

Yes it is against the ToS but I (and many others) do not care about that silly ToS rule because it is nonsensical in nature.
    If SE would actively ban people for using ACT, 90% of this games raiding community would get banned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Getting the perfect buff set-up is nice, but much more important than that is making sure you are lining up the cooldown windows you have for coordinated burst. We've brought a few people in to our raid nights recently to teach encounters and that is often the area overlooked even if they know their rotation and have awareness of mechanics. They will use offensive CDs/go into burst windows right as they come up, regardless if everyone else is ready or not.
    Definitely a good point. Though apart from trick attack, off the top of my head I do not remember another CD move that increases damage taken for all players.
    Vulnerabilities like piercing or blunt are usually maintained continuously.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    ACT does not inject.
    ACT only reads.

DEVs cannot tell unless you tell.

Yes it is against the ToS but I (and many others) do not care about that silly ToS rule because it is nonsensical in nature.
    If SE would actively ban people for using ACT, 90% of this games raiding community would get banned.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely a good point. Though apart from trick attack, off the top of my head I do not remember another CD move that increases damage taken for all players.
    The deal is that if you kick someone for not pulling enough DPS, that's when it becomes bannable, because that one person that got kicked can take that as harassment.
    ESPECIALLY considering their latest ToS update, while I don't agree with it, it only solidifies this whole debacle. Parsers are supposed to be used for self-improvement, not as a tool against players, which this 40 year old dude from this thread is doing. If it's used against players that's when you have ground to report someone. Obviously, nobody would kick you for no apparent reason whatsoever. If you're AFK, the game tracks that, if you're being a bitch then the game tracks that, if you're just standing around doing nothing on purpose, game tracks that too.
    FFXIV is an MMO that sees steady growth all the time throughout each year, if it suddenly got the reputation of WoW then you'd see a drastic change in the amount of players that would try the game out. Nobody wants to go where the dumbass WoW players go, because they always bring the elitist min-maxing mentality with them.

We even see this in Classic now where people are already shaming others for not pulling their weight even though certain classes are just known to be bad in that period.

Though apart from trick attack, off the top of my head I do not remember another CD move that increases damage taken for all players.
    DRG's Battle Litany is extra crit chance for all raid if that counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

The deal is that if you kick someone for not pulling enough DPS, that's when it becomes bannable, because that one person that got kicked can take that as harassment.
    Don't need ACT to know that they have crap DPS and the person kicked can't really know that they used ACT (if they even used it) without them saying so (which would be stupid of them).

Finally got my bard to 70 today, i really like how it looks coming up this expac. Now i just need to finish my WHM.
    i stopped playing my bard a 64, felt like a chore to manage that class.

My whm is fun tho, and is 70

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Don't need ACT to know that they have crap DPS and the person kicked can't really know that they used ACT (if they even used it) without them saying so (which would be stupid of them).
    I'm honestly confused why he's making such a big deal out of ACT, and emphasizing people being "insert insult here" for using it.
    I mean if I'm pugging and someone is doing really bad DPS consistently, then I will probably leave and kick you, and recruit someone else. Maybe I kicked you because you screwed up a mechanic, because I don't like you, because my friend wants to join, because a dozen other reasons - even though the real reason is simply, you are bad and you should not be in Savage content. I could also disban and reform the party and blacklist you. I mean, I don't really care if I'm doing content and someone is doing sub-par DPS, assuming we're not hitting enrage anyway.

So yeah, I mean, you can't report anyone for anything involving harassment and ACT, unless they specifically say "x person is doing shit DPS" and that person, instead of realizing, maybe I am and should try to improve, get ACT and see how bad I am doing, or I can just report the big meanies for harassment and live in my own, safe, ACT-free world. lol. If it was against the rules and ToS, and SE who have come out and stated it is fine unless you do abuse it like that, then they'd have banned every Twitch/JP streamer who uses it in plain sight.

i stopped playing my bard a 64, felt like a chore to manage that class.

My whm is fun tho, and is 70
    WHM looks like it's gonna get a lot more fun at 80, so there's that! BRD has a lot of things to track, but if you set your UI up to track it easier, it becomes a lot easier. Although I play BRD as my main, so you know, my UI for other jobs takes from my BRD, so if you're taking a UI from not a BRD, it'd be a lot harder to track stuff.
    Last edited by La; 2019-06-09 at 06:16 PM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

See, the parser itself is against ToS in nature, Naoki Yoshida even said so himself less than two years ago, if you use it against players then you're risking a ban. And people have clearly gotten banned over such before, as I said in my first post on this topic, an IRL friend of mine got banned for simply removing people due to them not pulling their weight.

The guy received a suspension for a week and decided not to do it again. Fact of the matter is that it -is bannable- which is what idiots in this thread disagree with, but we don't have to look far back in time to confirm my statement about it being bannable, that is why I'm right and the other passive aggressive crybaby is wrong.

In the end, it's all down to the GMs choice, if they see it fit to ban someone because they're bringing their utterly pathetic WoW mentality, then they'll do so. Clearly there's GMs who do not tolerate that behavior and they're in the right to ban people like that. If I reported the little crybaby from this thread and I wrote an actual proper well written report, then it's actually much more likely he'd receive a punishment than not.

And this is the point I am trying to make, it is against ToS, you can get banned for it, these are the facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, care bear is such an outdated term, get with the times, it's used by people who are like 40 years old.
    you are so delusional. i cannot be banned for ACT if no one knows im using ACT. I can kick anyone for any reason and nothing will happen. End of story. This worst part of this game, is shitters like you.

And people have clearly gotten banned over such before, as I said in my first post on this topic, an IRL friend of mine got banned for simply removing people due to them not pulling their weight.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, who knew? He could have been banned for anything and told you it was due to having ACT. Sorry but just having ACT on your comp isn't a bannable offense no matter what you say. Using it isn't a bannable offense no matter what you say. Using it and then calling people out in groups is the bannable offense, if you don't say shit and just vote someone out (perhaps by talking in discord with your group or something) there is no bannable offense taking place.

- - - Updated - - -

You sure love to act like the FF community is full of rainbows and puppies and everyone gets free cookies and holds hands as they sing together in harmony. There are plenty of fucking douchebags in the FF community and some of them, guess what, have NEVER played WoW before. It is also ironic that you then turn around and insult someone to try and scare them away from FF. What a pillar of the community you must be.

Several others:

Monk: Brotherhood - 5% physical damage for 15 sec - 90 sec cooldown
    Scholar: Chain Strategem - Increased rate at which target takes critical hits by 15% - 120 second cooldown
    Dragoon: Battle Litany - Increases critical hit rate of self and nearby party members by 15% - 180 second cooldown
    Red Mage: Embolden - Increases own magic damage dealt by 10% and physical damage dealt by nearby party members by 10%. - 120 second cooldown
    Bard: Battle Voice - Increases direct hit rate of all party members by 15%. - 180 second cooldown
    Bard: Foe's Requiem - Increases damage taken by nearby enemies by 3%.
    Machinist: Hypercharge - Increases damage taken by 5% for 20 seconds - 120 second cooldown

And then there are things like Astro cards that may take some prep work to line up an expanded royal road of Balance or Spear.

You then need to consider people's burst windows along with the cooldowns - so Inner Release for WAR, Life of the Dragon/Nastrond for Dragoon, Wanderer's Minuet/Pitch Perfect hits, Wildfire etc... As a WAR, I really like partying with a Bard and Monk, as our burst lines up nicely at around the 90 sec mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, he cannot.
    People kick for all kinds of reasons and kicking s/o from a dungeon is not a bannable offense b/c it is a majority decision. Just because I want to kick s/o does not have to mean that the others agree.

INSULTING s/o in a fit of rage and kicking is and rightly so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    DRG's Battle Litany is extra crit chance for all raid if that counts.
    Yep and the chain of the DRG increases DPS of one party member iirc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Several others:
    Neat list, thanks.

As much as I may agree that it's a dick move to do that, blindly kicking someone (meaning kicking without saying anything as to why) is not a bannable offense, and is really the only way TO kick someone for low DPS.

ACT use is not traceable, and is therefore not an enforceable ban worthy incident unless you go and blab about having it and admitting to using it to make your decision.

Getting kicked sucks, but what exactly is the person going to do? Report all 3+ other members of the group for harassment because they got kicked? How is that going to go, do you think, without any proof whatsoever that the reason they were kicked was low DPS and ACT usage if no one in the group ever mentioned DPS numbers or ACT? There would be no actionable information in that person's reports. It would boil down to "The people in this group kicked me, I have no idea why because they didn't say anything...WAH!"

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    ACT use is not traceable
    I think it's traceable if app can do memory scan. Like Blizzard's Warden, for example, that looks at processes and compares them to cheat programs.
    Looking for Raid.

I think it's traceable if app can do memory scan. Like Blizzard's Warden, for example, that looks at processes and compares them to cheat programs.
    From what I know about it, it's just watching what the FFXIV program does and reports the information, it's not tagging anything within the client to do its job. It's like someone behind watching you input your pin number rather than putting a program on the ATM itself to log the numbers punched, there's nothing to "track" in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    From what I know about it, it's just watching what the FFXIV program does and reports the information, it's not tagging anything within the client to do its job. It's like someone behind watching you input your pin number rather than putting a program on the ATM itself to log the numbers punched, there's nothing to "track" in that sense.
    I meant that FFXIV can scan system memory to find out all processes that run alongside it, thus detecting if ACT is used or not.
    Looking for Raid.

I meant that FFXIV can scan system memory to find out all processes that run alongside it, thus detecting if ACT is used or not.
    Wouldn't this just show that ACT was running? Not necessarily that it was used on FFXIV? It is used for more than just FFXIV, according to the website, anyway.

If this is the case wouldn't this also detect pretty much any other program running alongside/ at the same time like your web browser, MS Word or whatever?

Even if what you're saying is true, it's not exactly incriminating. Or were you saying that FFXIV can specifically tell that ACT is being used to parse FFXIV information?