I've finally gotten around to adding the preorder code to my account. Turns out instead of being a simple copy/paste job that you need to go to a second site to redeem the pre-order code in order to get the actual item code that you can copy/paste into your account page to redeem it.

I mean, they did ask me which version I wanted when I was ordering it, so it's not really as though going to a separate site to redeem the code was really required. They could have just e-mailed the code to me. Or even better, allowed you to preorder through the Mogstation and apply it automatically.

Though really, I don't know what I was expecting, Squenix don't have a good track record when it comes to make things simple for the end user.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I got mine from the steam client and simply punched it into mogstation.
    Doesn't get simpler than that.

Only downside is that I have to start the setup of FF-XIV through steam in order to get access to the serials. Retarded but not SE's fault.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I dunno, I got mine from the steam client and simply punched it into mogstation.
    Doesn't get simpler than that.

Only downside is that I have to start the setup of FF-XIV through steam in order to get access to the serials. Retarded but not SE's fault.
    yeah steam and ps4 don't have to go thru the song and dance of the redeem site. Buying from SE store means you get a code that goes into a redeem site that goes into mogstation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    yeah steam and ps4 don't have to go thru the song and dance of the redeem site. Buying from SE store means you get a code that goes into a redeem site that goes into mogstation.
    Hmm... Thought that was just 3rd party (bought mine from Humble since the SE store wouldn't let me use my Paypal balance for some reason) but maybe its just an easy way to track all the PC game sales together, since they count steam as a separate platform.

I got mine from the Squenix store, I had to go through three different websites to actually get the code applied to my account. First the store page, a separate site where I could redeem the first key in order to get the pre-order key then finally to the Mogstation where I could register it. They did the same thing with the preorders for Stormblood too, so it's not as though it's a new thing.

It just seems like theres a few more steps in there than is required. Simply getting a key from the store and registering it would be enough without the extra hassle of having a third required site and a second key in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    PSN wasn't too bad this time. I preordered the collectors edition, the first time i've splurged on one since maybe bioshock, and the square enix store gave me a code and sent me to a special site which then cave me a code i entered on psn and then it was automatically registered on mogstation as early access special edition under ps4 and i got the earrings and gremlin pet a little while later.

Hopefully next weekend i will just have early access and not be greeted with a 'square enix shits the bed, everything sucks man' article on every mmo site this time

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Squeenix store is just... a mess. I don't want to be tied to Steam so I went with the standalone. Like what strawberry said, it's very convoluted. It's been this way since ARR, and I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yeah Squeenix store is just... a mess. I don't want to be tied to Steam so I went with the standalone. Like what strawberry said, it's very convoluted. It's been this way since ARR, and I don't know why.
    Still leaps and bounds over FFXI account issues....

5+ Year Old Account
    Another day closer to the expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    Another day closer to the expansion!
    Going to be lost on the 27th lol, guess it's a good time to get some more Satisfactory time in.

I'm still camping for a large house. I feel that I'm slowly losing my sanity but it's okay. I'll have a large house no matter what. I've hardly even thought about SHB, even though I'm still excited and can't wait to play I still just want that damn large plot.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Going to be lost on the 27th lol, guess it's a good time to get some more Satisfactory time in.
    The last 24 hours are always the worst part of the wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oj, did they release the trains yet?

Oj, did they release the trains yet?
    No, everyone thought they would, but next update looks like they won't have them so far, just nuclear power, the mk.v conveyor and some other misc. stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's certainly more complicated than it needs to be. but it's been this way since Heavensward so, nothing new. I just wish you could buy it directly from Mogstation and have it apply automatically like WoW does. I don't understand the need for this ridiculous song and dance, but it is what it is at this point.

Still leaps and bounds over FFXI account issues....
    Agreed....Playonline is way worse than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    The last 24 hours are always the worst part of the wait.
    Yup. The game being offline and you knowing that it's because it's being made ready for the new awesome expansion makes the anticipation palpable.

I took the 28th off work so I could log in ASAP and level Dancer to 70 so I could use it to level through Shadowbringers. If MSQ is bogged down at an area like Stormblood was for Raubahn (Extreme) I'll go and level Gunbreaker. Been farming Orbonne Monastery and Ghimlyt Dark the last few weeks to get as much gear for all my classes as possible to hit the ground running...really just something to keep me occupied until launch.

Off-topic: How do you/ can you turn off or disable the cinematics on this site from constantly popping up and running? It's annoying AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yup. The game being offline and you knowing that it's because it's being made ready for the new awesome expansion makes the anticipation palpable.

I took the 28th off work so I could log in ASAP and level Dancer to 70 so I could use it to level through Shadowbringers. If MSQ is bogged down at an area like Stormblood was for Raubahn (Extreme) I'll go and level Gunbreaker. Been farming Orbonne Monastery and Ghimlyt Dark the last few weeks to get as much gear for all my classes as possible to hit the ground running...really just something to keep me occupied until launch.

Off-topic: How do you/ can you turn off or disable the cinematics on this site from constantly popping up and running? It's annoying AF.
    I remember during SB launch when the instance servers full died and I spent a few hours leveling mining lol... I love launches though, there's something about all the issues in an MMO launch that's enduring.

I remember during SB launch when the instance servers full died and I spent a few hours leveling mining lol... I love launches though, there's something about all the issues in an MMO launch that's enduring.
    Yeah, I'm not sure what it is, but being there for all of the issues is just part of the expansion experience for me. It's exciting and "fun" in its own way and provides anecdotes for years to come: When I was there for XXX launch XYZ happened...blah blah blah.

Given the relatively smooth launch of Stormblood, I highly doubt Shadowbringers will have anything game breaking. I wouldn't be surprised if server load caused some problems given SE's statements regarding record numbers of pre-orders but that will likely just mean longer queue times since SE usually is fairly conservative with managing that kind of thing.

We'll see though.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, everyone thought they would, but next update looks like they won't have them so far, just nuclear power, the mk.v conveyor and some other misc. stuff.
    Meh, back to waiting then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

Maybe I'm jaded b/c I witnessed too many an addon launch. I am looking forward to ShB but I am not feeling any "hype" whatsoever. As for 24hrs w/o kitty: no big deal due to a busy schedule.

What cinematics? Oo

Maybe I'm jaded b/c I witnessed too many an addon launch. I am looking forward to ShB but I am not feeling any "hype" whatsoever. As for 24hrs w/o kitty: no big deal due to a busy schedule.
    Totally understandable. I've been part of a couple pretty bad ones too, but the last few have me hopeful, especially the Stormblood launch, which was functional enough for me to level my Red Mage to 60 on day 1 and the whole Raubahn thing gave me time to get Samurai up too. No way am I waiting 3+ hours to progress the MSQ when there's other stuff I can be doing in that time frame that's far more "productive"

What cinematics? Oo
    Every page I open on MMO-C has a "cinematics" pane on the bottom playing one of the in game cinematics (currently flip flops between Jaina on the boat and Rastakhan contacting Bwonsamdi), and if I'm not on the bottom of the page, it pops up in the lower right hand corner of the screen. I have to manually X out of the pop-up on every page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm okay, must be filtered out by ublock then. Page is clean and quiet for me.