Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Mate come on. Look at the date on the video. I ain't that gullible.

Also kinda saw it back then too and admittedly made me chuckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That and his "friend's" name Pillar of So is an anagram for April Fools
    I honestly didn't check the date on the video first, lol. Thought the folks here would find it funny, regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    7 levels of WAR to go, then my cat will have everything maxed.
    Just finished my character off a couple weeks back, was very satisfying. Now I'm playing through the Stormblood story on an alt character to see the whole story again since I haven't seen it since SB launched. It's been pretty fun.

Going to start farming poetics and getting level 60 gear for Dancer and Gunbreaker, as that's where I think they'll start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dinged 70 for the first time yesterday. Finished my class quest, now to figure out what i want to do. I will push the MSQ some more, but maybe not grind it as hard as i did to level. Probably going to work on cosmetic stuff for now.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Dinged 70 for the first time yesterday. Finished my class quest, now to figure out what i want to do. I will push the MSQ some more, but maybe not grind it as hard as i did to level. Probably going to work on cosmetic stuff for now.
    Just work your way to item level 360 is my advice.

Because that way you can at least do the entire MSQ at once since some fights do require item levels to entry such as trials/dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just work your way to item level 360 is my advice.

Because that way you can at least do the entire MSQ at once since some fights do require item levels to entry such as trials/dungeons.
    Any tips for a newbie?
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

Any tips for a newbie?
    Mendacity is the current uncapped currency and awards 360 gear. Genesis is the 900 capped one and gives you 390 gear.

At 355 you can do Alphascape (current Normal Raid Wing) for 380 pieces.

If you have a bit of gil you could probably pick up the odd 380 hq crafted piece or two.

There is Eureka Anemos where you can upgrade your 290 job gear to 355 and later stages where you can get 380 gear. (Is a tad grindy)

Unless I'm forgetting something that's most of it. There is catchup in this game but it's not as basically handed to you as other games is the best way of describing it. You have to put a bit of legwork in be it farming Mendacity a bit hard, Eureka or Alphascape.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-05-06 at 02:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the newest alliance raid is unlocked in terms of loot aswell both gear and the coins from it.

Thats another catchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    the newest alliance raid is unlocked in terms of loot aswell both gear and the coins from it.

Thats another catchup.
    Even lighthouse only requires 335 and drops 360 gear.

If you've got 300k-ish gil kicking around you should buy a 380 weapon from the market board, that will help your item level a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Even lighthouse only requires 335 and drops 360 gear.

If you've got 300k-ish gil kicking around you should buy a 380 weapon from the market board, that will help your item level a lot.
    I easily have that much, ill look into it. I got about 1mil just from leveling and never spending anything as i never felt the need to buy something, except occasional piece for fashion report lol. This game is basically a dress up game for at times. Wish getting a house wasn't impossible, id spend all my time doing cosmetic stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sitting at about 6M gil after my level 60-70 push. It's probably too late now, but you can actually sell most of the quest rewards you get. On average I think I sold gear for 50-100k each. It did make leveling a little slower since I wasn't quite appropriately geared (relying on story dungeon drops, which can't be sold on the AH) but I think it was worth it.

Of course, I don't know if 6M is a lot in this game but from what I understand a house costs like ~2-3M?

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I'm sitting at about 6M gil after my level 60-70 push. It's probably too late now, but you can actually sell most of the quest rewards you get. On average I think I sold gear for 50-100k each. It did make leveling a little slower since I wasn't quite appropriately geared (relying on story dungeon drops, which can't be sold on the AH) but I think it was worth it.

Of course, I don't know if 6M is a lot in this game but from what I understand a house costs like ~2-3M?
    Depends on the house size, which server it's on and how long it's been up for sale, but small plots can go for ~3-4 million. But that's not really saying much, as there are items up for sale on the MB for at least that much, or more. 6 million really isn't that much, but it's enough to be comfortable. With that much I'm not able to (or maybe just barely able) to purchase a full set of max ilevel gear and slot materia into it. I've never felt the need to do that because rewards were always pretty easy to earn, but as I'm leveling up an alt character through Stormblood and am just now getting into the Lochs, the ilevel gaps that pop up throughout the MSQ progression are on my mind and being able to buy the max level gear would be fantastic, but that character only has ~1 mil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post

I literally have not sold anything i got during leveling from 50-70, they are all setting in storage. I might dump some items to earn some cash. Just to play around with stuff.

An aside, I am really thinking i want to stay super casual in this game. Probably going to boost another job because of the sale just because of the sale and 17.50 is really inconsequential for me. I love my Bard but thinking of picking up a melee dps (not lancer) or healer. I was thinking of waiting for tank until Gunbreaker as i like the aesthetics and i don't really care about overall viability. Kind of been leaning somewhere between Samurai\Ninja\Astrologian. Anyone got a major reason for or against one of those? I know it's hard to compare 2 melee and a healer, but think of it from a casual aesthetic focused player. I might do random dungeons and other things i matchmake, don't plan to anything more organized than that.

One more level for PLD and thats all 1820 levels or whatever done. I've been bored playing PLD i've actually started pvp'ing again to escape it and boy thats not the pvp of Heavensward. It feels like healers are way more important, time to kill is way down and everything moves faster to the point matches now seem overly long with a timer meant for the old style where a tank could stay up against 8 dps forever with a pocket WHM.

- - - Updated - - -

I literally have not sold anything i got during leveling from 50-70, they are all setting in storage. I might dump some items to earn some cash. Just to play around with stuff.

An aside, I am really thinking i want to stay super casual in this game. Probably going to boost another job because of the sale just because of the sale and 17.50 is really inconsequential for me. I love my Bard but thinking of picking up a melee dps (not lancer) or healer. I was thinking of waiting for tank until Gunbreaker as i like the aesthetics and i don't really care about overall viability. Kind of been leaning somewhere between Samurai\Ninja\Astrologian. Anyone got a major reason for or against one of those? I know it's hard to compare 2 melee and a healer, but think of it from a casual aesthetic focused player. I might do random dungeons and other things i matchmake, don't plan to anything more organized than that.
    FYI if you get into crafting they added a 'desynth system' so whatever class can repair an item -if you check most have a class icon like an anvil or frying pan on the item info window somewhere- you can level up a desynth to effectively disenchant items into base components or something entirely new. The catch is you have enough levels to really only get desynth high in two classes. I took Culinarian and Blacksmithing for the weapon and cooking mats but later you can level this just crafting stuff and breaking it down again then selling the excess on the market to pay for new stuff. At low level its kind of boring but at max it sure is nice to break down dungeon weapons into hard to get ores or demimateria at the touch of a button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    One more level for PLD and thats all 1820 levels or whatever done. I've been bored playing PLD i've actually started pvp'ing again to escape it and boy thats not the pvp of Heavensward. It feels like healers are way more important, time to kill is way down and everything moves faster to the point matches now seem overly long with a timer meant for the old style where a tank could stay up against 8 dps forever with a pocket WHM.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI if you get into crafting they added a 'desynth system' so whatever class can repair an item -if you check most have a class icon like an anvil or frying pan on the item info window somewhere- you can level up a desynth to effectively disenchant items into base components or something entirely new. The catch is you have enough levels to really only get desynth high in two classes. I took Culinarian and Blacksmithing for the weapon and cooking mats but later you can level this just crafting stuff and breaking it down again then selling the excess on the market to pay for new stuff. At low level its kind of boring but at max it sure is nice to break down dungeon weapons into hard to get ores or demimateria at the touch of a button.
    Ill look into that. I have been just working on unlocking features that i have not yet unlocked (hunts etc). I have barely touched professions.

Ill look into that. I have been just working on unlocking features that i have not yet unlocked (hunts etc). I have barely touched professions.
    At this point with an expansion winding down best to save it when you are bored. Theres a lot of stuff like Chocobo racing and breeding, triple triad, desynthing, big fishing and so on that even legacy players i know have not 'got around to yet'.

Professions are best done with leves. If you are at your 100 cap, i would suggest burning through them before the expansion to allow them to build back up.

desynth has nothing to do with repairing, whoever told you that is wrong. If you wish to repair a piece of gear, the profession for that piece needs to be within 10 levels of it. so for shadowbringers, to repair your max gear you will need lvl 70 crafters. To meld them, lvl 80 crafters.

Hunts can be funish but typically are done in waves with the community. If hunts arent active, you're shit out of luck for the time being.

Leveling up your grand company squad can also be useful to give another option for leveling alts.

15+ Year Old Account
    finally found alpha and omega out in the wild.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    finally found alpha and omega out in the wild.

Yeah it's a bloody awesome little touch among many they do in the world. He appears after you clear Alphascape for those who don't know.

That's why I love the game. Just those small details that put a smile on my face.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's a bloody awesome little touch among many they do in the world. He appears after you clear Alphascape for those who don't know.

That's why I love the game. Just those small details that put a smile on my face.
    I found it funny they were just sitting there watching the lalafell stirring the bowl and every once in a while alpha would look at me an open his beak like he was smiling at me.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...24#post4975024

Good news letter from producer confirmed they worked on getting alot of the helm models working on the new races soo shouldn't be much that doens't work now. Also new sneak peeks at Viera/Ronso

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...24#post4975024

Good news letter from producer confirmed they worked on getting alot of the helm models working on the new races soo shouldn't be much that doens't work now. Also new sneak peeks at Viera/Ronso
    Apparently the dev team - behind Yoshida's back and without him telling them to or ever suggesting they do it - spent their free time working on making over 540 headpieces compatible with the new races when the original plan was the only things they could wear would have been things that replace the head model entirely.

This is what it's like to have passionate developers working on the game, I love this team so much.

They also did say flat out that Viera and Hrothgar gender locks were a matter of time, money and manpower, they could do either or but not both. They said there's a chance we might see the other genders in-game eventually because NPC models don't need as much time or effort, but also said to not get our hopes up of getting them playable.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2019-05-10 at 06:20 AM.