Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I was already considering changing to Hrothgar, but the look in the live letter really caught my eye. Will have to wait for the benchmark for final thoughts.

It was highly unlikely young characters would be implemented, but it's still disappointing how rarely games allow you to make one, because of "violence against children" tsk tsk. Also brings to mind the lack of older characters too. Just not a fan of 90% of protagonists being some big, buff, angsty guy between their mid twenties and their forties.
    To be fair Yoshi saying that about the young/child race options was him basically telling the "questionable" roleplayers (you know the ones I mean) to fuck off basically.

Which is good of course.

Heads up to those about the benchmark btw. If you could run Stormblood fine you'll run Shadowbringers fine since there isn't going to be a huge graphical change.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be fair Yoshi saying that about the young/child race options was him basically telling the "questionable" roleplayers (you know the ones I mean) to fuck off basically.

Which is good of course.

Heads up to those about the benchmark btw. If you could run Stormblood fine you'll run Shadowbringers fine since there isn't going to be a huge graphical change.
    Yep seen tons of people wanting Shota bunnies basically for the male version so its definitely thing people really want for those reasons.

Also with the benchmark I hope we get a surprise DX12 option or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    Yep seen tons of people wanting Shota bunnies basically for the male version so its definitely thing people really want for those reasons.

Also with the benchmark I hope we get a surprise DX12 option or something like that
    Doubt it. If they were doing DX12 they would have announced it at a Fanfest.

DX9 support is gone though so it does leave them room to hopefully optimise the 11 client.

I didn't get wanting to play a child-like character, however I do like the reverse dimorphism idea of Au'ra for Viera if/when males are introduced. It doesn't need to be as extreme to that of the Au'ra, but seeing a race with smaller males in comparison to it's females would be interesting imo.

Not that it really matters to me as I got what I wanted when Man'qotes were introduced with 2.0. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But it would be somewhat hypocritical of me to not side with people asking for the missing genders, when I got the one I had to ask/argue/fight for.
    Last edited by Yzak; 2019-05-12 at 12:32 AM.
    At times, the frequent redundancy and stupidity of these forums, turns me into an argumentative ass.

To most of you, I apologize in advance. I will attempt to be nicer.

To the High Elfers out there... If it doesn't workout how you believe/want don't try to paint Blizzard as the bad guy for your own hype building.

you know an expansions over when i've got nothing left to level and i'm thinking about trying Big Fishing again.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

*chuckles* I have my WAR to 70 now. First time kitty managed to level EVERYTHING™.

I'm mostly hunting down Big Fish as well. 97/204 at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Make that 98. Caught one just after I posted.

I'm trying so hard to get back into this game since WoW can't let me stay logged in for longer than 10 min without wanting to gauge my eyes out lately. But I am having an extremely difficult time choosing which class to prep and take into shadowbringers to main.

I'm not asking for anybody to tell me "pick X class go!", but rather any tips on how I can go about finding out for myself which class I will prefer? I don't think I care for healing too much (target healing is gross af), and I don't care too much for casters.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    you know an expansions over when i've got nothing left to level and i'm thinking about trying Big Fishing again.
    Yeah I'm at this point where I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for the expansion.

Although a month and 2-3 weeks is pretty decent. Normally with other games I get bored like 6 months or so before.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I'm trying so hard to get back into this game since WoW can't let me stay logged in for longer than 10 min without wanting to gauge my eyes out lately. But I am having an extremely difficult time choosing which class to prep and take into shadowbringers to main.

I'm not asking for anybody to tell me "pick X class go!", but rather any tips on how I can go about finding out for myself which class I will prefer? I don't think I care for healing too much (target healing is gross af), and I don't care too much for casters.
    That leaves your melee classes, physical ranged classes and tanks. So it's a matter of what feels best to you. Slower melee vs faster melee, more of a support melee or raw damage melee, same with the two ranged but I couldn't say much about them as I don't have either unlocked, then your tanks. Do you prefer a main tank, off tank, a tank that does higher damage?
    At times, the frequent redundancy and stupidity of these forums, turns me into an argumentative ass.

To most of you, I apologize in advance. I will attempt to be nicer.

To the High Elfers out there... If it doesn't workout how you believe/want don't try to paint Blizzard as the bad guy for your own hype building.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    That leaves your melee classes, physical ranged classes and tanks. So it's a matter of what feels best to you. Slower melee vs faster melee, more of a support melee or raw damage melee, same with the two ranged but I couldn't say much about them as I don't have either unlocked, then your tanks. Do you prefer a main tank, off tank, a tank that does higher damage?
    I have always been intrigued by being a tank (always mained healer in wow), but the idea of having to be the "leader" of the group, especially when I don't know my face from my ass in this game more times than not, is intimidating).

DPS melee moslty seem to be the same sort of sryle of 3 button 'combos' with a builder spender sort of thing going on as well (and ur dot/buff/debuff abilities sprinkled in).

In wow I was a Rsham for almost 10 years, but also really enjoyed rogue, ret Pala, and frost fk once upon a time. I'd almost certainly try to main another healer in ff14 if you didn't have to Target heal everybody
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.

I have always been intrigued by being a tank (always mained healer in wow), but the idea of having to be the "leader" of the group, especially when I don't know my face from my ass in this game more times than not, is intimidating).
    It's a game.
    Just pick up the gear and start. There is nothing to be "intimidated" about.
    Ignore morons that diss you and ask questions if needed.

Dungeons are pretty much braindead and the general community is quite friendly, esp to newbies.

Dungeons are predominently just straight lines. If you've ever played FF10, you can get to the end of an FF14 Dungeon. There's one, just one, that has a minor maze like element at the start, the rest you can simply check your map if you're lost.

If you're worried about not knowing what to pull, the answer is probably everything. It's almost never a bad call. If you're worried about not knowing the stratergies, 95% of bosses consist of simply facing them away from the group and not standing in AoE.

There's very little you can actually get wrong as a tank most of the time, and even if you do you'll probably just shrug it off anyway.

Raiding content can be a bit more intimidating, but in a 24 man raid there'll be 2 other tanks with you. You can let them do most of the boss tanking while you're free to DPS. It gives you the perfect opportunity to watch how they're doing it so you can learn for yourself. You'll be expected to tank an add or two occasionally, but not usually the actual boss. In those situations it's very common for someone to put up A, B and C markers where the adds spawn, you just grab the one that corresponds with your group letter and tank it.

Trial roulettes have 2 tanks as well, while the boss is generally a 1 tank fight. Again, you can sit back and DPS while watching what the other tank does.

You've got plenty of opportunities to build your confidence as a tank. By the time it gets to tanking the serious content, you'll be more than capable of handling it, I promise you. Don't miss out on playing something you think you'll enjoy simply because you're feeling intimidated. It's a lot worse in your head than it will ever be in game.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Dungeons are predominently just straight lines. If you've ever played FF10, you can get to the end of an FF14 Dungeon. There's one, just one, that has a minor maze like element at the start, the rest you can simply check your map if you're lost.

If you're worried about not knowing what to pull, the answer is probably everything. It's almost never a bad call. If you're worried about not knowing the stratergies, 95% of bosses consist of simply facing them away from the group and not standing in AoE.

There's very little you can actually get wrong as a tank most of the time, and even if you do you'll probably just shrug it off anyway.

Raiding content can be a bit more intimidating, but in a 24 man raid there'll be 2 other tanks with you. You can let them do most of the boss tanking while you're free to DPS. It gives you the perfect opportunity to watch how they're doing it so you can learn for yourself. You'll be expected to tank an add or two occasionally, but not usually the actual boss. In those situations it's very common for someone to put up A, B and C markers where the adds spawn, you just grab the one that corresponds with your group letter and tank it.

Trial roulettes have 2 tanks as well, while the boss is generally a 1 tank fight. Again, you can sit back and DPS while watching what the other tank does.

You've got plenty of opportunities to build your confidence as a tank. By the time it gets to tanking the serious content, you'll be more than capable of handling it, I promise you. Don't miss out on playing something you think you'll enjoy simply because you're feeling intimidated. It's a lot worse in your head than it will ever be in game.
    Fair enough, and yeah I'm mostly thinking about raiding for whichever main I decide on. Dungeons don't mean much to me I would like to get in the hardest content available to try and relive my old WoW glory days lol. Thank you for taking the time to explain all of that to me maybe I overestimated the difficulty a bit and should just dive in, especially since I see Gunblades are going to be tanks that class alone has me wanting to play this game forever!
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.

How is the PS4 version? I’m thinking about finally trying this game to fill my mmo itch but I want to try a console mmo.

Fair enough, and yeah I'm mostly thinking about raiding for whichever main I decide on. Dungeons don't mean much to me I would like to get in the hardest content available to try and relive my old WoW glory days lol. Thank you for taking the time to explain all of that to me maybe I overestimated the difficulty a bit and should just dive in, especially since I see Gunblades are going to be tanks that class alone has me wanting to play this game forever!
    All you can do is just that mate.

Just dive in and have fun. If you end up loving the game then great and if you don't then it's not the end of the world.

And welcome back to Eorzea <3. If you are on the EU Light Datacenter I'll be glad to help you get back into the game if you want with tips.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    How is the PS4 version? I’m thinking about finally trying this game to fill my mmo itch but I want to try a console mmo.
    Runs absolutely fine on PS4 and PS4 Pro and plays well with a controller. Will take a while to set up the extended Hotbars but overall you'll be fine.

Another perk is that since it's a sub game already you don't need PS Plus like you do for most online MP stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Imo runs fine and I like playing this game with a controller, but for PS4 amusingly you can use M+KB if you want too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    All you can do is just that mate.

Just dive in and have fun. If you end up loving the game then great and if you don't then it's not the end of the world.

And welcome back to Eorzea <3. If you are on the EU Light Datacenter I'll be glad to help you get back into the game if you want with tips.
    Thanks mate! I have my toon on US-Marlboro, which was another question I have been kicking around. Is that still a decent server? I think I remember reading that you can buy a server transfer? Is there another server that has the majority of players or is Malboro doing good?

me maybe I overestimated the difficulty a bit and should just dive in
    Definitely dive in, if you want savage raiding though, the general difficulty is comparable to mythic raiding in WoW.
    Your main obstacle will be very short reaction times coupled with a moody server. Hesitating even 1 second can often lead to a wipe despite you standing in the correct position before the boss did anything on your screen.

If you are used to WoWs near flawless systems, this can get frustrating at times. As a tank, the most important thing is communication with your co-tank for CD rotations and all that jazz.

I see you meantioned target healing being gross. Just fyi You can mouse-over macro. People will tell you macros bad, and for dps rotaitons that is very true, but for heals, you aren't going to suffer using them because this isn't a game of HPS.

Overall, I would say this game is very different from wow.

Easiest to play : Tank > Healer > DPS

Tank is super easy, the only challenge will come in raiding when working with an offtank. And even then, the game uses mechanics that are obvious for tank swaps.

Healer is all about doing the bare minimum healing needed to live, and doing damage with a basic idiotproof rotation. Damage is so predictable once you learn fights that you can be dpsing 75% of the time.

DPS rotations are overly complicated for my taste. Where wow goes with 4-5 buttons of whackamole that can easily all be tied to one button mouse apps. FF14 has long complex rotations where cooldown timing matters. The enrage timers are normally so tight in savage that a single mistimed trick attack can ruin an entire pull.

All of this is irrelevant though to the normal gamer. The only challenge you'll find is in savage and extremes. Outside of that, this game is best played with a jump in with both feet mentality. You will learn your class as you level it no matter what you choose. Im with Granyala, just dive in.