10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So what happened with Titan in the end? i was expecting it to become the pvp egi.
    Still kind of useless outside of the tank or healer exploding. Only time I've really used it for a party is when the healers died and I shield myself so I don't die before getting the reses off. Now if we're allowed to put the shield on other people that would be absolutely broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    All everyone ever mentions when I say this are "roulettes."

I get roulettes give a lot of XP. They're also not grindable. They're dailies. You can get more than 13 million XP through two dungeons, and you don't need to wait an extra day to do it.

It's inefficient to have to wait 24 hours between levels.

There's also only ONE roulette that gives decent XP. Every time I did my leveling roulette, I got a low level dungeon and 1.5 million xp at the end. That bonus isn't even one boss of ANY of the new dungeon's worth of XP. ONLY the MSQ roulette gives 13 million XP - The others, barely any at all.

And that's not even to get into DPS ques. I finished trust dungeons faster than queing for dungeons as a DPS would get me into a single dungeon. So I could clear dungeons twice as fast by using the instant-que trusts.
    No one is advocating for using only roulettes, we're saying it's relatively passive to do the roulettes as you get "free xp" for doing them and you can be in queue for them while you're questing within the MSQ. Grinding FATE's, Grinding Trust dungeons, or any other type of grinding actively takes you away from progressing the MSQ because you can't work on the MSQ while you're doing teh grinding. Queueing for a roulette and then going on your merry way within the MSQ while you essentially wait in line for the queue doesn't actively take you out of the questing experience.

Obviously the grindable, consistent, reliable xp method will be more efficient, but that's not the whole point. The point is you can do the roulettes before you hit the level gate on the next set of MSQ and ultimately never hit the MSQ level gate. If you wait until you hit the gate before doing anything, doing a few Trusts or grinding FATEs is the more attractive option.

That said, alt jobs will be really nice and straightforward to level with FATEs and the Trust system. Can't wait until they implement New Game+ either, because that will be a nice option too.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Greater Ruin (or Ruin IV) is on the GCD, so umm... how would you be able to maximize Bahamuts actions if you are locked to 1 per GCD?

Never used Garuda, always use Ifrit.
    Bahamut uses his abilities when you do, so you want to fit in as many spell casts as possible during the window. You would normally use Fester, but since it's now limited to 2 charges, having greater ruin is handy for squeezing in an extra Wyrmwave as Bahamut is about to end, or if you need something to be burst down.

Garuda is your primary AoE pet, it's not a lot of use while soloing, but it's more for group play - When you have a tank that won't keep moving things out of the tornado. Ifrit on the other hand is better for single target damage, he has some minor AoE, but literally all of Garuda's attacks are AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Bahamut uses his abilities when you do, so you want to fit in as many spell casts as possible during the window. You would normally use Fester, but since it's now limited to 2 charges, having greater ruin is handy for squeezing in an extra Wyrmwave as Bahamut is about to end, or if you need something to be burst down.
    It makes 0 difference whether I cast ruin (1 GCD) or use a proc (1 GCD). The # of actions performed is exactly the same, so please explain the logic behind your statement.

It's the same as some dude telling me on the official forums "You can weave your lilies" ... yeah no I can't, they are instant but they are normal GCD spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    man if you could weave lily heals that would be stupid strong, like just do a cure 2 and then do a ST lily heal ( forgot the name) both have the same potency and it would be like almost 3/4 a tanks health.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    All everyone ever mentions when I say this are "roulettes."

I get roulettes give a lot of XP. They're also not grindable. They're dailies. You can get more than 13 million XP through two dungeons, and you don't need to wait an extra day to do it.

It's inefficient to have to wait 24 hours between levels.

There's also only ONE roulette that gives decent XP. Every time I did my leveling roulette, I got a low level dungeon and 1.5 million xp at the end. That bonus isn't even one boss of ANY of the new dungeon's worth of XP. ONLY the MSQ roulette gives 13 million XP - The others, barely any at all.

And that's not even to get into DPS ques. I finished trust dungeons faster than queing for dungeons as a DPS would get me into a single dungeon. So I could clear dungeons twice as fast by using the instant-que trusts.
    Your saying all this under the assumption that you need to literally do every roulette every single day to keep up with the MSQ. You really don't. Me and everyone I know in the game only did Alliance and trial and we were fine. On top of that trial is almost always an instant queue as DPS for me and Alliance the most I waited was seven minutes I believe. Just do some fates while you wait.

As far as EXP I don't get this 1.5M your talking about. Even back in SB I got more from leveling at the end I think. I did mine last night on my GNB and I think I got 8M at 77. Sure maybe doing the highest dungeon is faster but my experience a lot of groups are really iffy right now and I'd rather do a quick 15 minute leveling.

As a side note, when it comes to alts, go find a group and farm dungeons. That is the fastest way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Anyone have a saved copy of the video?

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Anyone have a saved copy of the video?
    Doubt it, but you can try this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Doubt it, but you can try this one.
    That'll work. Thanks a bunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes 0 difference whether I cast ruin (1 GCD) or use a proc (1 GCD). The # of actions performed is exactly the same, so please explain the logic behind your statement.

It's the same as some dude telling me on the official forums "You can weave your lilies" ... yeah no I can't, they are instant but they are normal GCD spells.
    To add to this, Wyrmwave has 1.5s cooldown, so spamming skills back to back doesn't work either. So finish casting a ruinga + ruinra/ruinja at the end means nothing.

Is it just me or is the Ill Meg Fate spawn rate kind of lousy? getting 60 in Lakeland was super easy as they spawned constantly but here theres roaming clouds of players on mounts drifting about waiting for them to spawn and it looks like more players per fate too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    man if you could weave lily heals that would be stupid strong, like just do a cure 2 and then do a ST lily heal ( forgot the name) both have the same potency and it would be like almost 3/4 a tanks health.
    Well obviously you can use it directly after a normal cast, that's not what "weaving" is though.
    EG: You can weave Tetragrammaton between 2 normal cast with only the minor animation delay.

With a lily it is cast -> instant -> GCD -> next cast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    To add to this, Wyrmwave has 1.5s cooldown, so spamming skills back to back doesn't work either. So finish casting a ruinga + ruinra/ruinja at the end means nothing.
    So Fester spam would be pointless too.

In theory, you can fit exactly 8 GCD's into a Bahamut summon, one per 2.5 seconds at base. In practice, your GCD is going to be shorter than 2.5 sec because you've got some Spell Speed so you're going to have a small gap at the end where you're not currently casting a spell, yet could squeeze in another instant before Bahamut ends. So an extra spell rather than just the 8. It doesn't specifically have to be Ruin 4, but you're able to make sure you have one available when you need it rather than relying on a proc.

The alternative is casting Ruin 2, which does the same thing, but is less damage. That would only really have to happen during heavy movement phases where you've already used all of your Further Ruin stacks though.

You probably also want to unload all your Further Ruin stacks during Bahamut anyway. It's one of your higher damage phases, and since you can't spend Egi charges during Bahamut, they'll be charging up ready to go once he departs. Though I'm not entirely sure about this one, I haven't looked into the theoretical max DPS rotations yet.

Which is what I ment when I said it gives you more "fine control", you're fully in control of how and when you get Further Ruin stacks and since their duration is infinate, you're able to generate and spend them as you please. It gives you a lot more potential options in combat. They might not all be good options, but they're there at least. No longer being tied to a proc means you can gaurentee it's availability when you want to use it, and that's a good change that rewards careful planning and forward thinking in my book.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Is it just me or is the Ill Meg Fate spawn rate kind of lousy? getting 60 in Lakeland was super easy as they spawned constantly but here theres roaming clouds of players on mounts drifting about waiting for them to spawn and it looks like more players per fate too.
    Yeah, I felt that way too. I've finished the FATE grinding in every zone and that definitely felt like the most tedious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    In theory, you can fit exactly 8 GCD's into a Bahamut summon, one per 2.5 seconds at base. In practice, your GCD is going to be shorter than 2.5 sec because you've got some Spell Speed so you're going to have a small gap at the end where you're not currently casting a spell, yet could squeeze in another instant before Bahamut ends. So an extra spell rather than just the 8. It doesn't specifically have to be Ruin 4, but you're able to make sure you have one available when you need it rather than relying on a proc.

It gives you a lot more potential options in combat. They might not all be good options, but they're there at least. No longer being tied to a proc means you can gaurentee it's availability when you want to use it, and that's a good change that rewards careful planning and forward thinking in my book.
    Ah yes that does make sense. Thank you.

I do like that the stacks don't have a duration, though to be honest, SMN is an alt for me, I doubt I'll ever play at the level you are hinting at.

Helped 2 FC mates who've never done EX's get their Titania and Innocence clear, anyone else on Primal need em. Hit me up.

I actually saw that post lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Sure maybe doing the highest dungeon is faster but my experience a lot of groups are really iffy right now and I'd rather do a quick 15 minute leveling.

As a side note, when it comes to alts, go find a group and farm dungeons. That is the fastest way.
    I wish I had a 15 min leveling dungeon. I just got out of a 45 minute stone vigil with 3 sprouts. I was healing. We wiped 4x. The tank was wearing level 1 accessories, gear about 10 levels too low and didn't use Grit until I asked him a third time, about 7 minutes in. I really should have kicked him, but you know I wanted to be nice, he was a sprout.

Then I did one more back to back, got an 11 minute SV run, I barely did any DPS because the tank pulled insanely, but the DPS pulled their weigh so I didn't have too. One of my fav runs because healing was actually challenging. Didn't care that I avg'd like 30 DPS lol.

Then I had a DD run where the SAM repeatedly spammed at me to stop DPSing and that my job is to heal. We wiped 2x. Once in transit to first boss because the tank was new and wouldn't tank near the crystals despite me explaining on 2 separate occasions. Then we wiped on the boss because he didn't tank the boss on the crystal and the MCH WHO IS RANGED wasn't standing on it despite me mentioning it yet a THIRD time. None of these wipes were healer oriented yet in pure classic nature the uneducated SAM is hounding me. I would have loved to have educated him, but I resorted to simply saying he's fine to every one of his responses.

PS. I out damaged him and healed that awful tank. At the end I had to say - GG TYFP - next time though SAM, less typing more buttons. It's embarrassing to get beat by an AST.

Annnnnnd to end on this:

3 guesses who got the DNC partner (hint - it wasn't me)

I mean yeah you'll get crap groups but I'd rather a crap group in Toto-rak than say Mt.Gulg. Especially when the difference in exp ain't that much.

Also lol I love dancers for all the wrong reasons. Nothing beats when you join an EX group and the dancer is the friend of another DPS. Then you go on to completely shit on that Dragoon.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2019-07-09 at 10:15 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Between Titania EX and Innocence EX which is best to start with?

As an aside, what's the mount drop this time around?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    Between Titania EX and Innocence EX which is best to start with?

As an aside, what's the mount drop this time around?
    I started with Titania since it drops the weapon which will help you more on Innocence.

Sooo...

I returned, bought the Shadowbringers and get back to finishing HV storyline and oppening Stormblood exp.
    Huge props for deisgning the new Machinist, it is smooth and blast to play.

Saying that i dunno if i want to continue playing or coming back to wow...
    I really, really like lore and universe themes (thornberies, chocobo ect) of FF but, there is one huge, hairy BUT

I hate bloating of skill on classes. I thought it will be pruned. It kinda was, to be perfectly honest and it is more accessible than ever, but it is still to much. For example, my Samurai would neet 20 designated keys to use most of abilities on kinda low cd in rotation. Im not adding all the cd ones, because the number or keys would go up to like 30 or something. I dont simply see how i can play without investing into some logitech g600. I dont want to btw :P

This is my grip and it was not yet fixed. Sure, i can play casually and not bother but i dont like gimping myself. Especially that i love the little intricacies of classes, mechanics, rotations, Samurai used before for example really evoke that "thinking swordmaster" fantasy only using the rotation But alas, they keybinds are just nasty. I play on PC on keyborad and mouse.

Sure, maybe there are classes which use less buttons (Red Mage for example, also like him) but again, im shoehorned into playing something which may or may not be the best for my style just because of shortcomings within the system.

Sad part is that i dont see any way out of this problem.

Soooo while i adore the game, maybe it was not designated for me