1. #45041
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Honestly the Glam Plate system is amazing. Being able to set up an entire look with dyes included to apply in any city is awesome. Since once you have the Plate you don't have to use Prisms or dye on any new pieces of gear if you want to keep the exact look.
    Yeah, been reading more up on it since I saw the post. Definitely need to look into it. One question first. Does creating a Glam Plate destroy the item you use to creat the glamour? ie If I use my Red Mage AF to create a glamour plate for my Red Mage, will the AF pieces get destroyed?

  2. #45042
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yeah, been reading more up on it since I saw the post. Definitely need to look into it. One question first. Does creating a Glam Plate destroy the item you use to creat the glamour? ie If I use my Red Mage AF to create a glamour plate for my Red Mage, will the AF pieces get destroyed?
    You use a Glamour Prism to place the item in the Glam dresser, doing so removes all soulbinding/Materia and Places it in the dresser as just the "look" of the item. Though once you make a glam plate out of it and dye it etc and save the look as a plate, you can choose to retrieve the item back to your Inventory. But as said, without the Soulbinding/Materia that was previously on it. Which I didn't find too bad anyway, since Soulbinding is only useful for turning things into Materia and if I want to keep the item I wouldn't destroy it anyway.

    I.e. I put my 290ilvl weapon in as a Glam then realised I needed it for Eureka relic steps, so I took it back out of the dresser yet glams I had made with it retained it's look.

    The Glam dresser is actually a pretty good way to open up some space if you have gear you like to use for glamour but don't want to carry around.

    Also, the Glam plates are great for being able to see what a full outfit looks like dyed without having to preview it piece by piece.

    Also Glam plates follow equip rules, if you made a plate with "all class" items but the Weapon of a certain class, using that glam plate whilst in a different Job would still glam everything else except the weapon (or any armour piece that is incompatible)

    I quite literally went from hardly glaming at all in FF14 to it being one of my biggest activities to find new looks with the plate system.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2019-05-21 at 02:43 PM.

  3. #45043
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    You use a Glamour Prism to place the item in the Glam dresser, doing so removes all soulbinding/Materia and Places it in the dresser as just the "look" of the item. Though once you make a glam plate out of it and dye it etc and save the look as a plate, you can choose to retrieve the item back to your Inventory. But as said, without the Soulbinding/Materia that was previously on it. Which I didn't find too bad anyway, since Soulbinding is only useful for turning things into Materia and if I want to keep the item I wouldn't destroy it anyway.

    I.e. I put my 290ilvl weapon in as a Glam then realised I needed it for Eureka relic steps, so I took it back out of the dresser yet glams I had made with it retained it's look.

    The Glam dresser is actually a pretty good way to open up some space if you have gear you like to use for glamour but don't want to carry around.

    Also, the Glam plates are great for being able to see what a full outfit looks like dyed without having to preview it piece by piece.

    Also Glam plates follow equip rules, if you made a plate with "all class" items but the Weapon of a certain class, using that glam plate whilst in a different Job would still glam everything else except the weapon (or any armour piece that is incompatible)

    I quite literally went from hardly glaming at all in FF14 to it being one of my biggest activities to find new looks with the plate system.
    Thanks for the rundown, I'll definitely be working on this tonight, lol. Well there goes my evening. Definitely didn't see how much better this is that the old system...I've just been keeping stacks of Glamour Prisms in my bag so I can Glam on the go when I get a new piece of gear that looks hideous. Really wish you could undo it just as easily though, think it's a bit dumb that you have to have a separate item to undo the glam from a game play stand point. I get the "lore" around it...but it just feels silly.

    Really makes me wish for something like the WoW Transmog system where the item look is saved and you can apply it to whatever. Though the SW:ToR and LotRO versions are just as good IMO, if not a little better. WoW's just saves a ton of space. SW:ToR and LotRO both use the same system where you have your equipped gear slots and then have a separate "glamour" slot and the glamour one is the one that you see, so you don't have to constantly update the look every time you get a new piece or set of gear.

  4. #45044
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I wouldn't even need them to be interesting, I'd just like the Class specific ones maybe at a weaker version to not make it too broken. So many cool looking LB's yet I rarely ever get to see them on my Class because Someone else always inevitably jumps the gun and uses the LB at like 15% boss HP.

    It feels like a waste not being able to see these more often.
    Just out of curiosity, when do you believe that someone SHOULD use LB? 15% is actually a good time to use it (assuming you've built max up and it's safe to do so).

    I do agree that not getting to see them more often does suck, but then again I play PLD and mine is by far the worst looking in the game so I don't mind too much lol.

  5. #45045
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Do you mean that you can't apply the glamour unless you're in a town/city
    Yup.
    I can apply a prism to any single item in the dungeon just fine, so I don't see any reason why the glamor plate cannot be applied when I switch classes in the wild.

    Supposedly it's because "server load blah" ...completely ridiculous.

  6. #45046
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yup.
    I can apply a prism to any single item in the dungeon just fine, so I don't see any reason why the glamor plate cannot be applied when I switch classes in the wild.

    Supposedly it's because "server load blah" ...completely ridiculous.
    Agreed. That excuse, for multiple things, is getting old. They really need to invest in better server architecture.

  7. #45047
    Small note on Glamour Plates: You can also use items directly from the Armoire(sp?) without having to put them in the dresser.

  8. #45048
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Just out of curiosity, when do you believe that someone SHOULD use LB? 15% is actually a good time to use it (assuming you've built max up and it's safe to do so).

    I do agree that not getting to see them more often does suck, but then again I play PLD and mine is by far the worst looking in the game so I don't mind too much lol.
    I tend to hold it for 10%ish. I've been in enough groups that have wiped because some DPS has blown the LB at 15-20%, only taken the boss down to like 10-15% and we've wiped to a Mechanic in the last minute or so that could've been avoided by using a Tank/Healers LB instead or just holding off for the 3rd LB bar to complete.

    I mean that likely isn't what everyone does, just my FC has tended to use LB's as a final Trump card rather than a preemptive DPS boost.

    Well that and the disappointment when it is a Caster/Ranged that uses the LB instead of a Melee on a single Target Boss.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2019-05-22 at 07:35 AM.

  9. #45049
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I tend to hold it for 10%ish. I've been in enough groups that have wiped because some DPS has blown the LB at 15-20%, only taken the boss down to like 10-15% and we've wiped to a Mechanic in the last minute or so that could've been avoided by using a Tank/Healers LB instead or just holding off for the 3rd LB bar to complete.

    I mean that likely isn't what everyone does, just my FC has tended to use LB's as a final Trump card rather than a preemptive DPS boost.

    Well that and the disappointment when it is a Caster/Ranged that uses the LB instead of a Melee on a single Target Boss.
    I've always gone with the "hit at 10% to kill the boss instantly" route in pugs but with people you know there are better options like certain bosses you can drop it at like 71% to skip a phase that does something like spawn adds and trigger invulnerability on the boss.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  10. #45050
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I tend to hold it for 10%ish. I've been in enough groups that have wiped because some DPS has blown the LB at 15-20%, only taken the boss down to like 10-15% and we've wiped to a Mechanic in the last minute or so that could've been avoided by using a Tank/Healers LB instead or just holding off for the 3rd LB bar to complete.

    I mean that likely isn't what everyone does, just my FC has tended to use LB's as a final Trump card rather than a preemptive DPS boost.

    Well that and the disappointment when it is a Caster/Ranged that uses the LB instead of a Melee on a single Target Boss.
    Interesting. I've been in very few, if any groups that wiped because a DPS LB'd at 20% of a bosses HP instead of 10%. Really the only fight I think I've ever wiped to due to a poorly timed LB was Chrysalis trial, and that's only because 3 DPS were yelling about not using it on the Tear, when they could have just killed it normally instead of typing and it would have been fine.

    I'd rather a Caster/Ranged use the LB than the idiot melee who doesn't have it on his bars and is waiting for 1% to open a menu and use it. If we're speaking dungeons I'd rather a Caster/Ranged LB a big trash pull. That's the optimal use, as boss damage is such a small part of the run.

    Ultimately I don't know what content you primarily do, but in savage, LB's are generally dictated when/how they should be used and there isn't much flexibility. In Dungeons, optimal usage is on trash via AOE, but using it before a boss is dead is the second best usage, not trying to be flashy and overkill the boss with it, that 90% of people seem to try.

  11. #45051

  12. #45052
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Ultimately I don't know what content you primarily do, but in savage, LB's are generally dictated when/how they should be used and there isn't much flexibility. In Dungeons, optimal usage is on trash via AOE, but using it before a boss is dead is the second best usage, not trying to be flashy and overkill the boss with it, that 90% of people seem to try.
    People trying to do the killing blow with the LB and ultimately wasting half it's damage annoy me.
    If I pull big, I'd rather have the LB on trash but that never happens because 1 LB is so infuriatingly pathetic that no one wants to do it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I mean that likely isn't what everyone does, just my FC has tended to use LB's as a final Trump card rather than a preemptive DPS boost.
    During progression, saving LB for a healer LB is okay, once the major kinks are out, they can just use it as raw DPS unless the encounter demands a tank LB (only a few do that).

  13. #45053
    We'll know more in like 7 days, but leaks from the media tour are saying that tanks are losing stances. I know it will piss some people off because its a "skill thing", but honestly I welcome the quality of life if true.

  14. #45054
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    We'll know more in like 7 days, but leaks from the media tour are saying that tanks are losing stances. I know it will piss some people off because its a "skill thing", but honestly I welcome the quality of life if true.
    What do you mean 7 ? The live letter is tomorrow, just a little over 24h and the wait is over.

  15. #45055
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    What do you mean 7 ? The live letter is tomorrow, just a little over 24h and the wait is over.
    The live letter is before the embargo lift? I was going off the embargo lift date (the 29th) and didn't see a live letter date.

  16. #45056
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The live letter is before the embargo lift? I was going off the embargo lift date (the 29th) and didn't see a live letter date.
    Yes :

    https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...3897b904fa41c6

    Edit : From FF14 instagram
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2019-05-22 at 03:12 PM.

  17. #45057
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    I see that now. Guess I just find it weird that the embargo is lifted so long after lol.

  18. #45058
    Scarab Lord Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    4,334
    I assume its long after as a courtesy thing to give content creators time to get their stuff ready to be released.

  19. #45059
    Bloodsail Admiral Dugna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    1,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The live letter is before the embargo lift? I was going off the embargo lift date (the 29th) and didn't see a live letter date.
    The live letter should give us the major chunks while the media tour will give impressions and aditonal info. I highly doubt they would leave a change like no more stances to youtubers and magazines only.

  20. #45060
    I am Murloc! Kuja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    City of Judgement
    Posts
    5,046
    Holy fuck the amount of multiboxing hacker botters is crazy. Every day lots of them interrupting my questing! D:

    My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •