Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    They are 1k dps behind the highest jobs at worst, fuck off with your 15-20% bullshit.
    They also do more dps than NIN's currently.
    Dunno, I only have logs to go by, and when I look at the higher percentiles (actually, over all percentiles, but the higher ones will make sure people know the class), I'm not seeing the 1k but 2-3k
    If you include the buffs, then maybe.

https://www.fflogs.com/zone/statisti...046&dataset=99

Innocence is a boss that favors range dps due to uptime and mechanics.
    Stop being so butthurt, lol. I'm just saying what I see and not saying "what could be/happen" in the future.

Never seen a dancer only being 1k behind the dps either. And it's not like people do "way more stuff" than I do. I'm currently equipping chars in ex trials too (or rather, I'm done)

edit: typo buff -> boss
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-07-13 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Innocence is a buff that favors range dps due to uptime and mechanics.
    Stop being so butthurt, lol.
    "haha the game is unbalanced as shit to the point where people exclude certain jobs and demand having certain other jobs haha stop being so butthurt"

No? Not even remotely what I said?

I said Innocence favors range dps, and melee dps, when you look at the logs, still do great dps???
    Dancer is a range dps class too and against Innocence it still doesn't do them any good in personal dps territory.

Can you talk like an adult now and not be utterly ridicilous by thinking I'm attacking you on a personal level or something?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-07-13 at 11:47 AM.

What dancer needs is changes to their proc system, a bit of a buff to their personal dps and a huge nerf to the dance partner buff. The grp dps buff isn't anything special but that dance partner buff is super broken.

Honestly, even a buff to their personal dps probably isn't needed if they add 100% proc chance under devilment. It's a major feelsbad when dps drops to nothing and then you pop devilment and it's still nothing cuz nothing procs. It happens a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Frankly put: you just have to be more aggressive with your stack heals and it won't be a problem. It's pretty much the same for me with my lilies. I don't need to use the emergency instant cast lilies in normal dungeons either, yet I have to if I want the purple one.

If you forego the Adlo spam and heal mainly with lustrate /Indom you will nuke your stacks in a timely manner.
    But if you're agrgessive with your Aetherflow Stacks, you spend very little MP and end up with an overflow whenever you use it. To get the benefit of both, you need a sustained period of intense healing, followed by a lul in the healing requirements so it can be covered by spending your Fairy Gauge. That's the ideal situation for a Scholar right now, though I've yet to see them come up in game at all.

The alternative was always to have DPS options to spend them on, but without those it's a broken resource cycle tied to unrewarding mechanics. Right now even the White Mage has a damage spell to drop their unwanted lillies into something beneficial. Giving the Scholar something similar, even as a temporary fix, would at least help smooth the Job over a little bit until a more permenant rework could be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Game is getting great reviews across the board.

It’s getting great reviews IGN gave it a 9.5 "AMAZING" and say its "one of the greatest FF games ever made".

Square are bound to be ecstatic at the critical acclaim the expansion is getting across the board.
    Last edited by Coolit; 2019-07-13 at 02:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    But if you're agrgessive with your Aetherflow Stacks, you spend very little MP and end up with an overflow whenever you use it.
    Uuuh ... erm... WAYNE?
    You know how much of my mana CDs overflows into a maximum mana pool as a WHM?

Quite a bit. Not my fault if the content is piss easy and barely requires healing. I'l use them buttons anyway.

I think your obsession with efficiency is a bit over the top.Besides, the SCH AoE really drains that mana, so overflowing MP should NEVER be an issue unless you don't have enemies to AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolit View Post
    It’s getting great reviews IGN gave it a 9.5 "AMAZING" and say its "one of the greatest FF games ever made".

Square are bound to be ecstatic at the critical acclaim the expansion is getting across the board.
    It's well deserved. I haven't had this much fun in an MMO since WOTLK personally.
    Last edited by grandgato; 2019-07-13 at 07:06 PM.

What can I buy nowadays with 60M gil? What's the current price on the best gear you can buy & other stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    It's well deserved. I haven't had this much fun in an MMO since WOTLK personally.
    For me the story just knocked it out of the park. Even playing through the other expansions i was never as invested in the characters as i was in this. Not to mention the villain was really well done, so i hope they can keep the momentum going that way.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    What can I buy nowadays with 60M gil? What's the current price on the best gear you can buy & other stuff?
    How much cosmetic slutglamour trash do you want?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    For me the story just knocked it out of the park. Even playing through the other expansions i was never as invested in the characters as i was in this. Not to mention the villain was really well done, so i hope they can keep the momentum going that way.
    Aye, I do hope they can keep it up.
    Though I fear, that once this story arc is finally resolved, going back to being random adventurers will feel pretty.... lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Jiminy christmas! a Unicorn! I haven't seen an open large in forever.
    Haha yeah, it took a month of constantly checking to get it but it finally happened. I felt like it was just a matter of time because I was seeing a lot of mediums free up recently. Actually, a medium opened up in the same ward as my large did at the same time and someone from my FC happened to buy it without my even knowing, so now one of my neighbors is an FC mate

10+ Year Old Account
    The praise and recognition this game is getting could result in more funding being thrown at it. I'm excited to see the future of this game, because while it's really good in some areas (story and classes), it's pretty poor in others (questing and the early game.)

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The praise and recognition this game is getting could result in more funding being thrown at it. I'm excited to see the future of this game, because while it's really good in some areas (story and classes), it's pretty poor in others (questing and the early game.)
    Yeh it's weird how the MSQ (besides dungeons) and the occasional solo instance there's barely have any combat. If there is fighting it's usually just kill 1 mob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yeh it's weird how the MSQ (besides dungeons) and the occasional solo instance there's barely have any combat. If there is fighting it's usually just kill 1 mob.
    Imho it's great. I'm so tired of Blizzard constantly forces combat down out throats in WoW.
    It's as if SE realized that combat in the overworld is neither exciting nor entertaining and thus deliberately kept it to a minimum.

Imho it's great. I'm so tired of Blizzard constantly forces combat down out throats in WoW.
    It's as if SE realized that combat in the overworld is neither exciting nor entertaining and thus deliberately kept it to a minimum.
    Exactly this.

I think people are just trained to expect boring ass combat for every quest. And if we don't get it, people automatically decide it's bad when I'd much rather have an interesting story with no combat than a horrible one with boring gameplay, like both combat in WoW and FF14 is.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-07-14 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The post "Ultimate Weapon" chain before Heavensward definitely needs some work. It was a hundred odd quests, less than half of which were necessary. Some of them especially towards the end were really good. But that doesn't change the fact that half of it was filler. Maybe it was more acceptable seven years ago when you got them in bite sized chunks a patch at time with nothing else to do. But for new players like myself with expansions waiting in the wings, it NEARLY made me give up on FFXIV. I was a free twitch prime code account that was free up to 50 but heavensward/stormbringers would have been 40 dollars. At the time, slogging through those quests, I questioned if the investment would be worth it. Thank god I soldiered on.

It's as if SE could have designed exciting and entertaing overworld combat but chose to embrace it being shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I don't think as highly of dancing partners as you do, and I'm a SAM who has basically no utility other than "dps is my utility".
    Whether DNC are in my group or not doesn't make that much of a difference.
    Considering their own dps is poor at best.

The top logs don't even have dancers in them most of the time.

You are severly overreacting and probably/most likely wrong too.
    what. every top dps log has a dance partner lmao even a chunk of healer and tank logs do.
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2019-07-14 at 09:00 AM.