1. #45361
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I forget which dungeon it was, but it was just one of those "something weird happened" situations where we died on an early trash pack. Nothing said, no comments, no questions, just an immediate drop group from the tank. Healer followed. DPS stuck around a moment with "Well that sucks" and we sat in queue a little bit to see if it would replenish until finally deciding to dissolve as well.

    Come to think of it, I think the same happened to me once early in BfA with the manor dungeon in the Alliance area, except the healer stuck around after the tank dropped. We waited a little bit for a replacement before the healer dropped and same thing - the rest of us said it was probably best to just dissolve and try again fresh.

    Most of my runs were straightforward, if silent, in BfA. People say hello in XIV at the start almost by default and I have more luck with some fun chat in roulettes. I say hello at the start of a dungeon in WoW and not one single person responds.

    Alliance raids, on the other hand.... people are just chatty and weird in those a lot. I have no idea what they're talking about other than crazy talk.
    Hmm.. I can't offer any insight. I legit haven't done a normal-mythic dungeon run since the expansion launched. If someone leaves in a M+ the key is dead (devolves now) so people don't do it unless it's a real loss.

    I still don't get any real communication in FF14 though so maybe I'm just on a shitty DC (Primal)? As I said above, one third of my Orbonne runs are dead silent. The others 2/3 only have communication if shit goes wrong (4 fucking analysis' on Mustadio? what?) or it's the zany banter you mentioned.

    But tanks aren't tanks now. They ARE just DPS with higher enmity.
    Thank fucking god he said it. I'd tank regardless because PLD is my archetype, but I love that it's basically a melee DPS who doesn't have to do positionals, because fuck positionals.

    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    LOL, Dancer will definitely get leveled, I'm just not sure it will get leveled first. If the trust system pans out so that people can take on the MSQ dungeons without a huge wait, I won't hesitate on Dancer but leveling as a Tank has a lot of perks as far as group content goes and I love DPS. With all of the stuff I've seen Gunbreaker really plays like a DPS, so I'm really excited about that.
    Oh it's getting leveled first if I have anything to say. Also you don't have to wait for dungeons. You have an insta-queue right here.

  2. #45362
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    A dual specced Healer/DPS chocobo is best chocobo....tank spec just seems useless, except to get the barding reward for maxing out the tank spec.
    Chocobro is lv 19, so I have pretty much all skills anyway.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    because fuck positionals.
    I like positionals.
    Unless I have a random tank who makes it a sport to needlessly run and twist.

    BTW: tanks have positionals too: It's called "Do not let the mouth or the butt of the dragon point towards the group"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    As satisfying as that would be to have, it makes it a much more active class to play which I much prefer.
    Nothing feels more active than juggling DoTs on multiple targets. Tunneling on one and the same target is boring. :P

  3. #45363
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Thank fucking god he said it. I'd tank regardless because PLD is my archetype, but I love that it's basically a melee DPS who doesn't have to do positionals, because fuck positionals.
    I'll enjoy tanks being a DPS with enmity too, but positionals don't bother me that much....just when there's too many of them and the tanks an idiot that won't hold still. Monk is going to be a pain this expansion with the increase in attack speed alongside positionals. I've never mained it, but it's always been fun when I leveled it.

    Oh it's getting leveled first if I have anything to say. Also you don't have to wait for dungeons. You have an insta-queue right here.
    Dancer will likely be first, so long as I enjoy it anyway, but you and I have different play schedules being on different sides of the country and all (last I checked anyway, I'm still on the West Coast).

    Wouldn't want to tie myself to your schedule or vice versa you know? Regardless, leveling in the first few weeks of a launch was never that bad since there's tons of people moseying their way through the story and plenty of people are willing to help during that time period.

    Don't worry...I'll be around =)

    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Chocobro is lv 19, so I have pretty much all skills anyway.
    Mines still only level 12 or so, I don't do enough outdoor content to get him leveled up that quick, and leveling him up just isn't reward enough to make it worthwhile on it's own. Perhaps in ShB with FATEs being a bigger thing I'll have reason to get him to 20 this xpack.

    I like positionals.
    Unless I have a random tank who makes it a sport to needlessly run and twist.

    BTW: tanks have positionals too: It's called "Do not let the mouth or the butt of the dragon point towards the group"
    Word.

    Nothing feels more active than juggling DoTs on multiple targets. Tunneling on one and the same target is boring. :P
    Active yes, fun no. Tab -> 1, 2 Tab-> 1,2 Tab-> 1,2-> Repeat until everything is dead. Just meant I'd rather have more things to do besides applying DoT's. Tunneling on one mob on a primarily DoT class is pretty boring though, which is again why I'm excited for the way they're going with it where DoT's are a key component, but not the core of the class.

  4. #45364
    Elemental Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    8,508
    Downloaded ACT and my first run I was doubling the damage of the other DPS and tripling on AOE. Which is weird, because I'm a purple/orange parser in WoW, but I definitely know that I'm not nearly as good at FF14 yet. I wonder how many people never find out what a proper rotation is because dps guides aren't as wide spread and they don't have ACT so they don't know that they aren't that good at the game.

  5. #45365
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Downloaded ACT and my first run I was doubling the damage of the other DPS and tripling on AOE. Which is weird, because I'm a purple/orange parser in WoW, but I definitely know that I'm not nearly as good at FF14 yet. I wonder how many people never find out what a proper rotation is because dps guides aren't as wide spread and they don't have ACT so they don't know that they aren't that good at the game.
    Not uncommon in dungeons, even I can double the damage of randoms since most people don't give a shit about DPS unless some enrage kills them.
    I AM bad as DPS (around 9-11K DPS on trash / 5-6 on bosses) b/c I dislike how DPS classes play in FF-XIV and their gear is rather "meh" atm.

    Do savage raids and realize just how bad you are.

  6. #45366
    Pit Lord Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    2,290
    Man, mobs in this game can be health sponges when you have no gear. I can't imagine what leveling as a caster/healer is going to be like in the expansion.

  7. #45367
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar: Momoco
    Posts
    15,160
    It's not too bad imo, granted I just have the level 20 chocobo out though to help.

  8. #45368
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Man, mobs in this game can be health sponges when you have no gear. I can't imagine what leveling as a caster/healer is going to be like in the expansion.
    Not much of an issue there b/c contrary to WoW, SE doesn't force you to kill 100s of mobs. Typically you need very little side quests to level your first class.

  9. #45369
    I reached lvl 70 yesterday and finished SB MSQ (4.0), the game has been a breeze this far but now it feels like I've come into a full stop. I'd love to continue into SB Patch MSQ but it's instances are ilvl locked so I'd have to gear up to level 360 equipped ilvl anyway. What's the recommended way to gear up at lvl 70 according to MMO-Champion?

    I don't want to whine, but I've found out the hard way that this game is no WoW where you get handed infinite amount of upgrades (at least for a while) the moment you reach max level in current expansion. I've found out a guide on Reddit (but it's for Patch 4.3) and seems pretty complicated, with lots of stuff to do.

    There will be a time when you can buy Scaevar Gear with Tomestones of Poetics but it'll happen at ShB Launch so it's too late to wait for that if you still have MSQ to finish.

    Additionally I'd like to upgrade my Relic Weapon a bit in Eureka, but getting started seems difficult this late into expansion when many players who do Eureka are already at High Eureka Lvl, so I'm not getting any invites to Fate Trains at Eureka Level 6 and soloing is so slow. How come there is no group finder for Eureka?

  10. #45370
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Downloaded ACT and my first run I was doubling the damage of the other DPS and tripling on AOE. Which is weird, because I'm a purple/orange parser in WoW, but I definitely know that I'm not nearly as good at FF14 yet. I wonder how many people never find out what a proper rotation is because dps guides aren't as wide spread and they don't have ACT so they don't know that they aren't that good at the game.
    Because the vast majority of the community simply don't care if they're bad, they play for fun, this isn't WoW where everyone has their heads up their own ass over how good they are and that's a damn good thing because that shit breeds toxicity and FFXIV doesn't need WoW's toxicity seeping in.

    I'd also recommend not using ACT to mock people or mentioning ACT, it's not a popular addon for a lot of people and from what I've read on the reddit SE can suspend/ban you if you use ACT to abuse people over their performances, whether that's true or not, I don't know but be careful when using it.

  11. #45371
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,994
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    What's the recommended way to gear up at lvl 70 according to MMO-Champion?
    Farm the yellow tomestones from the dungeons you can run (they have no weekly cap) and buy the appropriate gear from the vendor in Rhalgr's Reach.
    You should hit i360+ in a few days. The acquisition rate of "current Tier -1" raid-equivalent gear is pretty much on par with WoW and is the catch-up mechanic.

    I do NOT recommend wasting time in Eureka unless you are done with the main story. Esp now when there are so few people actually doing the older versions of it and even fewer are willing to drag along and constantly rez any newbies that are instagib by virtually everything the fate mobs do.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    and that's a damn good thing because that shit breeds toxicity and FFXIV doesn't need WoW's toxicity seeping in.
    Honestly? The only "toxicity" are people that play like the first humans, wipe pretty much every group they're in and then yap on about "Imma playin for FUUUN!!!11".

    Yeah your "fun" stops when the endeavor starts to be a group effort. Pull your weight. No I don't mean salivating over orange E-Peen parses but doing the minimum the encounter requires in order to be killable should be an obvious common courtesy. If you can't: stay out of the content.

    You are right on one account: it is unwise to mention the use of ACT to randoms. Some underperformer may get his feathers ruffled and go to the GMs to cry (and as usual in todays society, get coddled and told how "speshil" he is and how mean and toxic anyone that dares to criticize his gaming ability....).

  12. #45372
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I reached lvl 70 yesterday and finished SB MSQ (4.0), the game has been a breeze this far but now it feels like I've come into a full stop. I'd love to continue into SB Patch MSQ but it's instances are ilvl locked so I'd have to gear up to level 360 equipped ilvl anyway. What's the recommended way to gear up at lvl 70 according to MMO-Champion?

    I don't want to whine, but I've found out the hard way that this game is no WoW where you get handed infinite amount of upgrades (at least for a while) the moment you reach max level in current expansion. I've found out a guide on Reddit (but it's for Patch 4.3) and seems pretty complicated, with lots of stuff to do.

    There will be a time when you can buy Scaevar Gear with Tomestones of Poetics but it'll happen at ShB Launch so it's too late to wait for that if you still have MSQ to finish.

    Additionally I'd like to upgrade my Relic Weapon a bit in Eureka, but getting started seems difficult this late into expansion when many players who do Eureka are already at High Eureka Lvl, so I'm not getting any invites to Fate Trains at Eureka Level 6 and soloing is so slow. How come there is no group finder for Eureka?
    an easy tip i've been using for alt jobs for fresh 70's is do the daily hunts and every day you can net yourself a 330 ironworks weapon, gear too but thats easier to get in other ways compared to weapons.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  13. #45373
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'll enjoy tanks being a DPS with enmity too, but positionals don't bother me that much....just when there's too many of them and the tanks an idiot that won't hold still. Monk is going to be a pain this expansion with the increase in attack speed alongside positionals. I've never mained it, but it's always been fun when I leveled it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I like positionals.
    Unless I have a random tank who makes it a sport to needlessly run and twist.

    BTW: tanks have positionals too: It's called "Do not let the mouth or the butt of the dragon point towards the group"
    Nah - party can adjust.

    I kid - here's my beef with positionals for those who may not recall. First off, they're nearly irrelevant in solo play. Secondly, in a raiding environment a good third of them are omni-directional thus irrelevant. They added a button to overcome this limitation (button bloat IMO). They've significantly reduced the punishment for failing to meet them as the game grows. Over half the jobs don't even have them. Lastly and arguably most importantly, the netcode just doesn't support movement/positional tracking efficiently, consistently, or in an aesthetically pleasing manner.

    When you combine all of these elements, it makes you wonder why they do exist. I know they do add some depth to the melee dps role, but at what cost? I could come up with a half a dozen other systems or job changes to add any complexity removed. Alternatively, they could just have one job (let's say MNK) who's whole kit is designed and balanced around positionals.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Downloaded ACT and my first run I was doubling the damage of the other DPS and tripling on AOE. Which is weird, because I'm a purple/orange parser in WoW, but I definitely know that I'm not nearly as good at FF14 yet. I wonder how many people never find out what a proper rotation is because dps guides aren't as wide spread and they don't have ACT so they don't know that they aren't that good at the game.
    This is standard. Although I'm curious, what content were you doing and at what level and what jobs (you and them)? Also what did you set your encounter culling value to? Default is probably too short for a lot of different content types. The reason I ask is because it could skew your results. For instance low level dungeons with poor encounter culling settings and say you're a RDM and they're a DRG, etc.

    But to add context, I'm also an orange parser (Ret Pal) in WoW, and I main tank in FF14 (PLD). There are dungeons and alliance raids where I'm top DPS, or above a DPS (or multiple) as a tank.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Because the vast majority of the community simply don't care if they're bad, they play for fun, this isn't WoW where everyone has their heads up their own ass over how good they are and that's a damn good thing because that shit breeds toxicity and FFXIV doesn't need WoW's toxicity seeping in.
    Can you point on the dummy where the raider touched you?

    Snark aside - you may feel that the game has no toxicity, but toxicity is fluid concept not something absolute. What may be toxic to you may not be to me and vice versa. You consider measuring and judging based on performance as toxic. I don't. You may consider a healer sitting idle 80% of a dungeon as not toxic, but I do.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2019-06-05 at 12:58 PM.

  14. #45374
    Elemental Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    8,508
    I wasnt really trying to brag or shit on anyone. Honestly without ACT nothing in the run would've even bothered me. We didn't wipe and the run went pretty fast from what I could tell. I was just observing the differences in the communities and how access of information changes things. I'm a game designer so these things are of particular interest to me. Anyways, I just downloaded it to see if I was trash or not and after doing multiple dungeons and raids and doing high dps relatively I feel I can continue playing the way I do without fear of holding my groups back. I might not even use it anymore unless I decide to get into Savage content in ShB.

  15. #45375
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Nah - party can adjust.

    I kid - here's my beef with positionals for those who may not recall. First off, they're nearly irrelevant in solo play. Secondly, in a raiding environment a good third of them are omni-directional thus irrelevant. They added a button to overcome this limitation (button bloat IMO). They've significantly reduced the punishment for failing to meet them as the game grows. Over half the jobs don't even have them. Lastly and arguably most importantly, the netcode just doesn't support movement/positional tracking efficiently, consistently, or in an aesthetically pleasing manner.

    When you combine all of these elements, it makes you wonder why they do exist. I know they do add some depth to the melee dps role, but at what cost? I could come up with a half a dozen other systems or job changes to add any complexity removed. Alternatively, they could just have one job (let's say MNK) who's whole kit is designed and balanced around positionals.
    I agree that positionals as a concept are flawed in FFXIV for the reasons you've stated, I've always disliked them because using them effectively is an act in futility in most content because of how much things move. Thinking about them and executing on them is not really fun, IMO, it's more frustrating than anything when you can't do it and doesn't really add anything exciting to the class from a game play perspective.

    By "I don't mind positionals" I just mean that I accept them as part of the class/ game and am willing to deal with them if that's the class design, but I'm not trying to advocate that they're a great thing. I'll likely never main a melee DPS in this game because of them, unless it's one that makes very little use of them.


    Can you point on the dummy where the raider touched you?

    Snark aside - you may feel that the game has no toxicity, but toxicity is fluid concept not something absolute. What may be toxic to you may not be to me and vice versa. You consider measuring and judging based on performance as toxic. I don't. You may consider a healer sitting idle 80% of a dungeon as not toxic, but I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Because the vast majority of the community simply don't care if they're bad, they play for fun, this isn't WoW where everyone has their heads up their own ass over how good they are and that's a damn good thing because that shit breeds toxicity and FFXIV doesn't need WoW's toxicity seeping in.

    I'd also recommend not using ACT to mock people or mentioning ACT, it's not a popular addon for a lot of people and from what I've read on the reddit SE can suspend/ban you if you use ACT to abuse people over their performances, whether that's true or not, I don't know but be careful when using it.
    As Wreck said, toxicity is relative. IMO the passive aggressive mentality that seems to permeate FFXIV is far more toxic than the seemingly more overtly aggressive WoW mentality. At least in WoW, it's on the surface and you can see it, avoid it or ignore it and move on usually and not end up getting kicked from a group because of it. In general interactions in WoW are just more abrasive. I wouldn't call that "toxic."

    In FFXIV, that passive aggressive mentality may mean people are more polite on the surface, but underneath you have folks who are vote kicking people because you said a bad word, reporting you for completely innocuous bullshit that simply "offended" them for some reason that you didn't know and cultivates this watch your back mentality because the thought police are out in force. You end up changing how you interact with the people in FFXIV because of it.

    That's more "toxic" to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I wasnt really trying to brag or shit on anyone. Honestly without ACT nothing in the run would've even bothered me. We didn't wipe and the run went pretty fast from what I could tell. I was just observing the differences in the communities and how access of information changes things. I'm a game designer so these things are of particular interest to me. Anyways, I just downloaded it to see if I was trash or not and after doing multiple dungeons and raids and doing high dps relatively I feel I can continue playing the way I do without fear of holding my groups back. I might not even use it anymore unless I decide to get into Savage content in ShB.
    At first, I didn't use it because I just didn't want to deal with it. It's not really a pain to set up, it just takes time and effort that I don't really want to spend since I don't care THAT much about the information it provides. But after hearing more and more people talk about it, I'll likely never use it. I'm happy enough now in my game play experience and installing it and using it could break that enjoyment because it will highlight all the stupid shit that happens in random groups. I know my performance is fine, I don't know exactly where I fall on the meters, but I know that my ranking has very little to do with skill and is almost entirely do to gear which I'm fine with. I'll continue enjoying the game without it. Ignorance really is bliss in this case...or so I've heard multiple times from several people in this thread.

  16. #45376
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    here's my beef with positionals for those who may not recall. First off, they're nearly irrelevant in solo play. Secondly, in a raiding environment a good third of them are omni-directional thus irrelevant. They added a button to overcome this limitation (button bloat IMO). They've significantly reduced the punishment for failing to meet them as the game grows. Over half the jobs don't even have them. Lastly and arguably most importantly, the netcode just doesn't support movement/positional tracking efficiently, consistently, or in an aesthetically pleasing manner.
    Alas I have to agree on all points. I still like positionals, but I see where you come from and it is hard to deny your logic.

    Esp. the solo point always bugged me. As for the netcode: I never played a class with positionals in a raid environment, in a dungeon you do them as well as you can and it seems to work .. mostly. Easiest to see when playing SAM because you get Kenki instead of slightly bugger numbers.

    Then again, how many a trick attack didn't connect properly because the damn mob twitched in just that moment. ...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Anyways, I just downloaded it to see if I was trash or not and after doing multiple dungeons and raids and doing high dps relatively I feel I can continue playing the way I do without fear of holding my groups back.
    Exactly why playing w/o ACT aggravates me. It it infuriating to play blindfolded.
    As a healer, I see when my healing is insufficient (and I instantly get FLAK for it lol, talk about toxic parser community, try failing as a healer and see what toxicity is all about)
    As a tank, well.. ex tank since tanks are all but removed in Shadowbringers, same principles apply. Fail a tank mechanic, deliver not enough aggro -> people die and tanks get dissed hard.

    Yet DPS are special because it's all hush hush and no one must see if one of them underperforms in any way!

  17. #45377
    Scarab Lord TriHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    KFC and Watermelon
    Posts
    4,080
    How long is it gonna take me to go through the Stormblood MSQs?

    I'm like 1 hour into Yanxia at this point, just starting out the journey with Lyse and Yugiri.
    Is it around the same length as Heavensward?

  18. #45378
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,994
    A while.
    Quite a while.

    Yup, I'd say that it is comparable to endgame ARR or HW in quest density.

  19. #45379
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Exactly why playing w/o ACT aggravates me. It it infuriating to play blindfolded.
    As a healer, I see when my healing is insufficient (and I instantly get FLAK for it lol, talk about toxic parser community, try failing as a healer and see what toxicity is all about)
    As a tank, well.. ex tank since tanks are all but removed in Shadowbringers, same principles apply. Fail a tank mechanic, deliver not enough aggro -> people die and tanks get dissed hard.

    Yet DPS are special because it's all hush hush and no one must see if one of them underperforms in any way!
    I can totally see this, in a raiding environment, where having the data can help you make the strategy tweaks to get the clear. However, in random dungeon stuff, normal raids, Alliance raids, etc... ("low" end content) it's not necessary and based on what I've heard around this forum it can just be aggravating because now you're acutely aware of every tiny discrepancy in performance between groups.

    I can get behind the idea that having the data is better than not having it, but I also can't fully advocate that it's necessary in any other environment besides progression/ high end content because of the added aggravation or irritation that having that data in front of you provides in content where performance isn't THAT critical.

    If seeing low numbers/ having the data in content where low numbers won't prevent you from clearing, aggravates you and ruins your play experience/ fun I'd question whether you're still playing for the "right" reason. I'm not going to try and say there's one right way or right reason, but IMO if you're not enjoying yourself...you're doing it wrong.

  20. #45380
    Elemental Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    8,508
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    How long is it gonna take me to go through the Stormblood MSQs?

    I'm like 1 hour into Yanxia at this point, just starting out the journey with Lyse and Yugiri.
    Is it around the same length as Heavensward?
    There's like 40 more quests in difference between the Stormblood MSQ and the Heavensward MSQ, but I feel like they're still roughly the same length of time. Some of the Heavensward quests can be pretty long. As for the post 70 MSQ, I think it's roughly the same length as the post 60 MSQ.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I can totally see this, in a raiding environment, where having the data can help you make the strategy tweaks to get the clear. However, in random dungeon stuff, normal raids, Alliance raids, etc... ("low" end content) it's not necessary and based on what I've heard around this forum it can just be aggravating because now you're acutely aware of every tiny discrepancy in performance between groups.

    I can get behind the idea that having the data is better than not having it, but I also can't fully advocate that it's necessary in any other environment besides progression/ high end content because of the added aggravation or irritation that having that data in front of you provides in content where performance isn't THAT critical.

    If seeing low numbers/ having the data in content where low numbers won't prevent you from clearing, aggravates you and ruins your play experience/ fun I'd question whether you're still playing for the "right" reason. I'm not going to try and say there's one right way or right reason, but IMO if you're not enjoying yourself...you're doing it wrong.
    Well you could make an argument that you don't really want to be learning your weaknesses when you get to savage content. So dungeons, alliance raids, and even normal raids having that feedback on your play in different situations is definitely valuable for improving your play. Although this is just a situation where you've gotta know yourself and what you can and can't handle. Low DPS doesn't really bother me unless we're hitting enrages and can't get past a fight because of it, but I've learned over the years playing WoW that if a PUG is bad, nothing you say will fix it in time for you to overcome the fight you're currently on.

    That being said, parsing in WoW has brought a great deal of joy for me over the years and has also ruined the game for me at points. I understand why they don't want to endorse something like ACT or FFLogs, but why they also allow it as a personal performance enhancing tool so long as you don't attack other people for it.

    I will say it is concerning in a raid environment for me where the guild has accepted the usage of ACT but then someone who's raiding Savage gets kicked because their performance isn't up to par. Presumably they could turn around and report the people in the guild which is kinda lame. Wonder if Square has exceptions for situations like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •