Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    How does Savage loot distribution work again... I remember being able to roll for more than one item for some reason.
    Is there a lock-out or something?
    You can only clear a fight once a week and be eligible for loot. You can win all the loot that drops, there's no lockout on that, but you only get once chance to get the loot. Once you clear not only are you not eligible for the loot any longer, but you also reduce other players opportunity for loot by "trying to help" if you enter the same fight again so don't do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    You can only clear a fight once a week and be eligible for loot. You can win all the loot that drops, there's no lockout on that, but you only get once chance to get the loot. Once you clear not only are you not eligible for the loot any longer, but you also reduce other players opportunity for loot by "trying to help" if you enter the same fight again so don't do it!
    This is a disaster for us as a 7/8 group then, I can already see the random getting everyting.

btw: Does anyone know how to meld DRG gear?

Is it CRIT> All... or is it like in early stormblood days DH>DET>CRIT>SKS?

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yay, got Energy Drain back, which is honestly the bare minimum but it's something.
    It does address the main issue I had with the Job, so that's a plus. It doesn't patch up all of the holes the Job still has, nor address what I feel are some of it's major shortfalls, but it's certainly an improvement. I doubt we'll see anything wide reaching until probably the next expansion, which is a shame, because I did enjoy the Scholar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    It does address the main issue I had with the Job, so that's a plus. It doesn't patch up all of the holes the Job still has, nor address what I feel are some of it's major shortfalls, but it's certainly an improvement. I doubt we'll see anything wide reaching until probably the next expansion, which is a shame, because I did enjoy the Scholar.
    Yeah. It's a shame. SCH didn't need a huge change and could've just had some extra cooldowns with this expansion. AST too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Is Energy drain even worth the GCD with a crappy potency like that?

Interesting to see that they move away from direct loot and use token in savage now.
    Should alleviate some of the gearing RNG.
    It's the old energy drain, they're off GCD. Summoner's energy drain is a bit different now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    I have 3 onions growing in my house right now, theyve been in their big leafy state for what feels like a week now and they still wont sparkle. WHY WONT YOU SPARKLE I TEND AND LOVE YOU.
    Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://twitter.com/Fenrishion/statu...28571413237760

I don't think i've ever felt so bad for a FF villain before.
    I just got slightly past where Haurchefant dies so I've got a ways to go to learn about this dude but that bodes well that he elicits that emotion.

tweet makes me think of: https://youtu.be/EE8cHnA1SK8
    "the problem with now is no matter how much we, want it to, it doesn't last forever".
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

This is a disaster for us as a 7/8 group then, I can already see the random getting everyting.
    You mean like me trying to get my last pair of pants from E2? In case you're wondering there were exactly 0 deaths and no bonus... and I didn't win the pants.

Pretty sure the first one is the instrumental version of the ending theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqvNtNcXmJg
    "Tomorrow and Tomorrow"

And this is also another version of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQyxkvZsnaA
    "Eulmore Theme"

Not so sure:

the second one sounds like a zone/town theme to me.
    Hmm no, not that I know of. Also doesn't exist as Orchestrion roll yet (as most SB music).
    Your best chance would be to extract the game files somehow or wait for future patches.
    FOUND IT.

It's the "Tomorrow and tomorrow" music scroll. I already had it! It threw me off for the longest time though because they made it so that for the first 30 seconds in it is identical to the "Shadowbringers" music scroll. I wish they hadn't, as it loops poorly as a result. But beggars can't be choosers.
    Last edited by Merie; 2019-07-31 at 07:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean like me trying to get my last pair of pants from E2? In case you're wondering there were exactly 0 deaths and no bonus... and I didn't win the pants.

You didn't beat the dragoon?
    I am disappointed. ._.

15+ Year Old Account

Geez that's me in a nutshell. Right around where the dancer is. This game sometimes... there's just too much to pay attention to at once. I feel like I have no breathing room at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    This game sometimes... there's just too much to pay attention to at once. I feel like I have no breathing room at all.
    That is primarily caused by FF-XIVs overabundant reliance on the visual channel. bosses have gotten a few audio cues so it's become a bit better but I still very much miss Weak Auras being able to play a sound when sth of note occurs.
    Dancers Steps coming off CD would be one example.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is primarily caused by FF-XIVs overabundant reliance on the visual channel. bosses have gotten a few audio cues so it's become a bit better but I still very much miss Weak Auras being able to play a sound when sth of note occurs.
    Dancers Steps coming off CD would be one example.
    Yeah. I also have a rough time adapting to the fact that boss mechanics happen after some spell cast. Which means I'm splitting my focus between my rotation and watching cast bars. Four years and I still cannot quote get the hang of it. I miss weakauras and audio cues/voice lines for boss mechanics.

You didn't beat the dragoon?
    I am disappointed. ._.
    In ShB a tank who simply mashes combos and oGCDs with no rhyme or reason will beat even the most seasoned tanks now. It's not like SB was. They really amped up everyone, but tank and healers base damage (excl WHM).

Geez that's me in a nutshell. Right around where the dancer is. This game sometimes... there's just too much to pay attention to at once. I feel like I have no breathing room at all.
    What exactly are you struggling with? I'd be glad to help you out (and if you're on Primal, I can't remember which you said you were on) I can help look over your parse run to identify areas of weakness. It might just be you're not pushing buttons fast enough, clipping GCDs, or not using oGCDs frequently.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, MCH is definitely going to be what I main for this expansion. It feels fun to play again. I sort of want to get into raiding again, too, but I'll have to hold off on that since I'll be up and moving to a different part of the country in September so that'll be distracting me in the coming weeks.

15+ Year Old Account
    What exactly are you struggling with? I'd be glad to help you out (and if you're on Primal, I can't remember which you said you were on) I can help look over your parse run to identify areas of weakness. It might just be you're not pushing buttons fast enough, clipping GCDs, or not using oGCDs frequently.
    If only I knew. Poor uptime, wrong cool down usage, poor execution of the rotation, who knows? And I'm on Aether I'm afraid. I don't have any passes either. Meh, maybe I'm playing the wrong job(s).

If only I knew. Poor uptime, wrong cool down usage, poor execution of the rotation, who knows? And I'm on Aether I'm afraid. I don't have any passes either. Meh, maybe I'm playing the wrong job(s).
    The game has no feedback loop for this which I always thought was kinda questionable given how much they hate parses. Here lets put this content that has enrages, but dont parse your damage that way you can just slam your faces at it in frustration forever not knowing whether its your fault or someone elses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    The game has no feedback loop for this which I always thought was kinda questionable given how much they hate parses. Here lets put this content that has enrages, but dont parse your damage that way you can just slam your faces at it in frustration forever not knowing whether its your fault or someone elses.
    Only "feedback" I can think of are the timed training dummies. These don't help much when you have to bring "theoretical rotation" and "actual bossfight" together.

putting some time in with AST post patch and it feels better and far less underpowered and resource starved but i still don't like the new card mechanics. The 3 icon buff is nice but it feels brainless compared to the old "okay this one is twice as powerful, oh but this one is an aoe!" that made you use cards less but only because you were making them situational instead of whack a mole.

Only "feedback" I can think of are the timed training dummies. These don't help much when you have to bring "theoretical rotation" and "actual bossfight" together.
    Ya, I parse so I know where I stand as does most the rest of the people in my FC I play with but I cant imagine being stuck on a boss because im playing wrong and the game gives no indication so I just spin my wheels in failure. Its probably better from overgearing now but titania ex did not have alot of room for people to play badly the first two weeks. One person could ruin the run and its sad that most of the playerbase have no idea why.

How "good" is the gear recommendations the game provides using the character button? So far I have been using it and when it says replace this piece of armor or weapon with this I just go ahead with it. It probably isn't a big deal unless I am min/maxing it (which I'm not).

Edit: And I just hit 50 and I'm about to enter the last two dungeons/8-mans in the MSQ. But I read that Square made it mandatory for everyone to view the cutscenes so that new people don't feel like they have to skip them. Does this make it worse for finding a group (people leaving) if they know they will have to sit through the cutscenes every time they repeat the dungeon?
    Last edited by Redwyrm; 2019-07-31 at 08:36 PM.