1. #45461
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    Finally got my bard to 70 today, i really like how it looks coming up this expac. Now i just need to finish my WHM.
    i stopped playing my bard a 64, felt like a chore to manage that class.

    My whm is fun tho, and is 70

  2. #45462
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Don't need ACT to know that they have crap DPS and the person kicked can't really know that they used ACT (if they even used it) without them saying so (which would be stupid of them).
    I'm honestly confused why he's making such a big deal out of ACT, and emphasizing people being "insert insult here" for using it.
    I mean if I'm pugging and someone is doing really bad DPS consistently, then I will probably leave and kick you, and recruit someone else. Maybe I kicked you because you screwed up a mechanic, because I don't like you, because my friend wants to join, because a dozen other reasons - even though the real reason is simply, you are bad and you should not be in Savage content. I could also disban and reform the party and blacklist you. I mean, I don't really care if I'm doing content and someone is doing sub-par DPS, assuming we're not hitting enrage anyway.

    So yeah, I mean, you can't report anyone for anything involving harassment and ACT, unless they specifically say "x person is doing shit DPS" and that person, instead of realizing, maybe I am and should try to improve, get ACT and see how bad I am doing, or I can just report the big meanies for harassment and live in my own, safe, ACT-free world. lol. If it was against the rules and ToS, and SE who have come out and stated it is fine unless you do abuse it like that, then they'd have banned every Twitch/JP streamer who uses it in plain sight.

    i stopped playing my bard a 64, felt like a chore to manage that class.

    My whm is fun tho, and is 70
    WHM looks like it's gonna get a lot more fun at 80, so there's that! BRD has a lot of things to track, but if you set your UI up to track it easier, it becomes a lot easier. Although I play BRD as my main, so you know, my UI for other jobs takes from my BRD, so if you're taking a UI from not a BRD, it'd be a lot harder to track stuff.
    Last edited by La; 2019-06-09 at 06:16 PM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

  3. #45463
    Herald of the Titans The Oblivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Any live game company such as Blizzard, Square Enix, Bioware, etc can see if you inject something into your game.
    See, the parser itself is against ToS in nature, Naoki Yoshida even said so himself less than two years ago, if you use it against players then you're risking a ban. And people have clearly gotten banned over such before, as I said in my first post on this topic, an IRL friend of mine got banned for simply removing people due to them not pulling their weight.

    The guy received a suspension for a week and decided not to do it again. Fact of the matter is that it -is bannable- which is what idiots in this thread disagree with, but we don't have to look far back in time to confirm my statement about it being bannable, that is why I'm right and the other passive aggressive crybaby is wrong.

    In the end, it's all down to the GMs choice, if they see it fit to ban someone because they're bringing their utterly pathetic WoW mentality, then they'll do so. Clearly there's GMs who do not tolerate that behavior and they're in the right to ban people like that. If I reported the little crybaby from this thread and I wrote an actual proper well written report, then it's actually much more likely he'd receive a punishment than not.

    And this is the point I am trying to make, it is against ToS, you can get banned for it, these are the facts.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Lmao, look at you getting so worked up over this.
    Go back to WoW, we don't want you here.

    Also, care bear is such an outdated term, get with the times, it's used by people who are like 40 years old.
    But then again, looks like I am not too far off here , LUL
    you are so delusional. i cannot be banned for ACT if no one knows im using ACT. I can kick anyone for any reason and nothing will happen. End of story. This worst part of this game, is shitters like you.

  4. #45464
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    And people have clearly gotten banned over such before, as I said in my first post on this topic, an IRL friend of mine got banned for simply removing people due to them not pulling their weight.

    The guy received a suspension for a week and decided not to do it again. Fact of the matter is that it -is bannable- which is what idiots in this thread disagree with, but we don't have to look far back in time to confirm my statement about it being bannable, that is why I'm right and the other passive aggressive crybaby is wrong.
    Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, who knew? He could have been banned for anything and told you it was due to having ACT. Sorry but just having ACT on your comp isn't a bannable offense no matter what you say. Using it isn't a bannable offense no matter what you say. Using it and then calling people out in groups is the bannable offense, if you don't say shit and just vote someone out (perhaps by talking in discord with your group or something) there is no bannable offense taking place.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Lmao, look at you getting so worked up over this.
    Go back to WoW, we don't want you here.
    Also, care bear is such an outdated term, get with the times, it's used by people who are like 40 years old.
    But then again, looks like I am not too far off here , LUL
    You sure love to act like the FF community is full of rainbows and puppies and everyone gets free cookies and holds hands as they sing together in harmony. There are plenty of fucking douchebags in the FF community and some of them, guess what, have NEVER played WoW before. It is also ironic that you then turn around and insult someone to try and scare them away from FF. What a pillar of the community you must be.

  5. #45465
    Pandaren Monk The Casualty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Definitely a good point. Though apart from trick attack, off the top of my head I do not remember another CD move that increases damage taken for all players.
    Vulnerabilities like piercing or blunt are usually maintained continuously.
    Several others:

    Monk: Brotherhood - 5% physical damage for 15 sec - 90 sec cooldown
    Scholar: Chain Strategem - Increased rate at which target takes critical hits by 15% - 120 second cooldown
    Dragoon: Battle Litany - Increases critical hit rate of self and nearby party members by 15% - 180 second cooldown
    Red Mage: Embolden - Increases own magic damage dealt by 10% and physical damage dealt by nearby party members by 10%. - 120 second cooldown
    Bard: Battle Voice - Increases direct hit rate of all party members by 15%. - 180 second cooldown
    Bard: Foe's Requiem - Increases damage taken by nearby enemies by 3%.
    Machinist: Hypercharge - Increases damage taken by 5% for 20 seconds - 120 second cooldown

    And then there are things like Astro cards that may take some prep work to line up an expanded royal road of Balance or Spear.

    You then need to consider people's burst windows along with the cooldowns - so Inner Release for WAR, Life of the Dragon/Nastrond for Dragoon, Wanderer's Minuet/Pitch Perfect hits, Wildfire etc... As a WAR, I really like partying with a Bard and Monk, as our burst lines up nicely at around the 90 sec mark.

  6. #45466
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,436
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    The deal is that if you kick someone for not pulling enough DPS, that's when it becomes bannable, because that one person that got kicked can take that as harassment.
    No, he cannot.
    People kick for all kinds of reasons and kicking s/o from a dungeon is not a bannable offense b/c it is a majority decision. Just because I want to kick s/o does not have to mean that the others agree.

    INSULTING s/o in a fit of rage and kicking is and rightly so.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    DRG's Battle Litany is extra crit chance for all raid if that counts.
    Yep and the chain of the DRG increases DPS of one party member iirc.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Several others:
    Neat list, thanks.

  7. #45467
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    The deal is that if you kick someone for not pulling enough DPS, that's when it becomes bannable, because that one person that got kicked can take that as harassment.
    As much as I may agree that it's a dick move to do that, blindly kicking someone (meaning kicking without saying anything as to why) is not a bannable offense, and is really the only way TO kick someone for low DPS.

    ACT use is not traceable, and is therefore not an enforceable ban worthy incident unless you go and blab about having it and admitting to using it to make your decision.

    Getting kicked sucks, but what exactly is the person going to do? Report all 3+ other members of the group for harassment because they got kicked? How is that going to go, do you think, without any proof whatsoever that the reason they were kicked was low DPS and ACT usage if no one in the group ever mentioned DPS numbers or ACT? There would be no actionable information in that person's reports. It would boil down to "The people in this group kicked me, I have no idea why because they didn't say anything...WAH!"

  8. #45468
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    ACT use is not traceable
    I think it's traceable if app can do memory scan. Like Blizzard's Warden, for example, that looks at processes and compares them to cheat programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  9. #45469
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I think it's traceable if app can do memory scan. Like Blizzard's Warden, for example, that looks at processes and compares them to cheat programs.
    From what I know about it, it's just watching what the FFXIV program does and reports the information, it's not tagging anything within the client to do its job. It's like someone behind watching you input your pin number rather than putting a program on the ATM itself to log the numbers punched, there's nothing to "track" in that sense.

  10. #45470
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    From what I know about it, it's just watching what the FFXIV program does and reports the information, it's not tagging anything within the client to do its job. It's like someone behind watching you input your pin number rather than putting a program on the ATM itself to log the numbers punched, there's nothing to "track" in that sense.
    I meant that FFXIV can scan system memory to find out all processes that run alongside it, thus detecting if ACT is used or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  11. #45471
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I meant that FFXIV can scan system memory to find out all processes that run alongside it, thus detecting if ACT is used or not.
    Wouldn't this just show that ACT was running? Not necessarily that it was used on FFXIV? It is used for more than just FFXIV, according to the website, anyway.

    If this is the case wouldn't this also detect pretty much any other program running alongside/ at the same time like your web browser, MS Word or whatever?

    Even if what you're saying is true, it's not exactly incriminating. Or were you saying that FFXIV can specifically tell that ACT is being used to parse FFXIV information?

  12. #45472
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Wouldn't this just show that ACT was running? Not necessarily that it was used on FFXIV? It is used for more than just FFXIV, according to the website, anyway.

    If this is the case wouldn't this also detect pretty much any other program running alongside/ at the same time like your web browser, MS Word or whatever?

    Even if what you're saying is true, it's not exactly incriminating. Or were you saying that FFXIV can specifically tell that ACT is being used to parse FFXIV information?
    Yes, this could detect any program running, which is the purpose of any anti-cheat system. This wouldn't mean that just running it is bannable, but stuff like kicking people left and right would be much clearer if they detect you running ACT.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  13. #45473
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Yes, this could detect any program running, which is the purpose of any anti-cheat system. This wouldn't mean that just running it is bannable, but stuff like kicking people left and right would be much clearer if they detect you running ACT.
    Fair point, though that's still pretty circumstantial, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's enough to at least suspend someone.

  14. #45474
    Scarab Lord Greevir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tamriel
    Posts
    4,259
    And I thought the WoW community was toxic.

  15. #45475
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    And I thought the WoW community was toxic.
    In some respects this entire discussion stems from WoW. There is a significant contingent of ex-WoW players who blame the rise of "parser/meter culture" for contaminating that game, and they do not want to see the same thing happen to FFXIV. There is a another contingent of players who think meters had little to do with toxicity, and are a valuable tool in learning how to play better.

    In some ways it's a case of picking your poison. Without meters, you'll occasionally get a failed run because people aren't playing well, and don't have any feedback that they aren't playing well. With meters, you'll sometimes get drama in a *successful* run, because one player decides that she's carrying the group, or that other people aren't good enough.

    FFXIV's solution is the "don't ask, don't tell" policy around parsers. SWTOR parsing, you could only see your personal results, but everyone in an established group would connect to the same "channel" in the parser software, and upload their results, so you could see the entire group.

    Even WoW's current community has mitigated the impact of parsing when warcraft logs introduced the color-parsing system, comparing your parse on a fight to all parses by someone of the same class and item level. I actually really like this solution, and I think it would be a great one for a game company to natively include as feedback.

  16. #45476
    Herald of the Titans The Oblivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Fair point, though that's still pretty circumstantial, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's enough to at least suspend someone.
    if it was enough 99% of the raid community would be banned. its not. SE cannot detect ACT

  17. #45477
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    if it was enough 99% of the raid community would be banned. its not. SE cannot detect ACT
    Apparently the program doesn't check for much, if anything, or all the big dick/boob nude mod people would be banned.

  18. #45478
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Speaking of dps, is there any way to sim my character or tell how much dps I should be doing?

    For context, I'm a 370 BRD and I did 5k on Omega: Deltascape training dummy.
    No way to really sim in this game. I can offer a small bit of insight though:

    At 370 ilvl you'd be in Sigmascape. Looking at my logs on O7S (tank and spank) I did 4.6k as a tank (95th percentile). Now that's with party buffs and raid buffs/food/pots. Our Machinist did 5.6k and was at 58th percentile. He was likely around i370 as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yes often cure2 spam + 2x holy stun (first w instant cast) + heal+ CDs is all you can do to keep your tank alive if he pulls big and doesn't have the gear for it. While it can give you an adrenaline rush, I agree that it isn't a cerebral challenge.
    My FC mate (a high parsing WHM) hardly has to cast direct heals. With 2 average DPS, and Holy spam, the enemies in expert roulette are dead or near dead by time the near 10s of stun time wears off. An oGCD heal is all that's needed most of the pulls (and I am not max geared, I'm like i370?).

    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You can be the best gamer in the world and will get mediocre parses if your raid group drags the encounter out till the maximum enrage cheese.
    This is true, in almost all cases. However, I do remember looking at some top PLD parses one time and remember seeing like a rank 30 parse (so 99th percentile) that was at enrage. Not only that, every other member was like sub 30th percentile. It really struck me as odd. I've always watched my brother get 99th-100 percentile parses in our casual as fuck heroic guild too (on the few mythic bosses we kill), because our encounters were longer he could get more execute stacks and outperform top mythic raiders (keep in mind he's an ex top raider as well).

    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Getting the perfect buff set-up is nice, but much more important than that is making sure you are lining up the cooldown windows you have for coordinated burst. We've brought a few people in to our raid nights recently to teach encounters and that is often the area overlooked even if they know their rotation and have awareness of mechanics. They will use offensive CDs/go into burst windows right as they come up, regardless if everyone else is ready or not.
    Bingo.

    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    And this is the point I am trying to make, it is against ToS, you can get banned for it, these are the facts.
    This is the ONLY thing you've said that is "factually correct". You are a prime example of the type of FF14 player that I often cite as toxic. You spout nonsense in a mouth frothing manner that is objectively false. You've offered absolutely nothing positive to this discussion and done nothing but antagonize numerous posters and insult them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Yes, this could detect any program running, which is the purpose of any anti-cheat system. This wouldn't mean that just running it is bannable, but stuff like kicking people left and right would be much clearer if they detect you running ACT.
    I'm fairly confident that SE doesn't have anything capable in the existing package to do this, we'd know about it. They could add it in the future though. That said, they'd expose themselves to a lawsuit for banning people without clear definitive proof of that the players were kicking because of ACT. No dev would expose themselves to that risk. Simply having the program running would be circumstantial at best, and that's not enough to win a court case.

    Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    In some respects this entire discussion stems from WoW. There is a significant contingent of ex-WoW players who blame the rise of "parser/meter culture" for contaminating that game, and they do not want to see the same thing happen to FFXIV. There is a another contingent of players who think meters had little to do with toxicity, and are a valuable tool in learning how to play better.
    The problem is there is a huge subset of players who are afraid of parsing culture unnecessarily. They don't understand it or have flat out inaccurate misconceptions of its use/value.

  19. #45479
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    if it was enough 99% of the raid community would be banned. its not. SE cannot detect ACT
    This is why I am not really sold on the idea that they CAN, as many people try and say. If it were true, a large portion of the community that has it would be banned. Was just saying that if it were the case I wouldn't be surprised if circumstantial evidence were enough to take action against someone given SE's pretty heavy handed, and open ended/ vaguely worded rules.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    The problem is there is a huge subset of players who are afraid of parsing culture unnecessarily. They don't understand it or have flat out inaccurate misconceptions of its use/value.
    While this is likely true, I'd imagine many of them were exposed once or twice to the toxic kind of player who uses them who are rude and antagonistic towards people who don't measure up in one way or the other.

    In a not so illogical leap, they correlate the tool used to antagonize them to the antagonism itself.

    Let's not pretend there aren't assholes using meters/parsers in a not so wholesome and constructive manner. It's those kinds of people that soured the community, and these are the kinds of people SE/ Yoshi are trying to prevent from gaining traction.

  20. #45480
    ACT is not traceable. Just keep kicking shit people.
    I ve been doing it for 4 years and do not intend to stop.
    I dont flame, I dont curse. I simply offer insight if I see someone is being incredibly bad (not just the regular bad or else I d have to do it for every dungeon run). If they refuse to do anything about it and keep pulling sub 2k dps with a 405 eureka weapon (not lying) then I just simply boot them.
    You wont get banned and you re doing the community a favor.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •