1. #45481
    Scarab Lord TriHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    KFC and Watermelon
    Posts
    4,026
    1. I'm right, you're wrong.
    2. Shadowbringers' launch trailer is out now.
    3. Zodiark and Hydaelyn are primals, not gods, confirmed at the end of the trailer.

    U r welcome, u don't need to watch it now.

  2. #45482
    Man that reveal about Zodiark and Hydaelyn.

    Chills.

    We keep thinking that we've been immune to the other Primals because of the Echo, but it's really because we've been Hydaelyn's thrall since the beginning. It actually makes perfect sense when you think about it.

  3. #45483
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I'm fairly confident that SE doesn't have anything capable in the existing package to do this, we'd know about it. They could add it in the future though. That said, they'd expose themselves to a lawsuit for banning people without clear definitive proof of that the players were kicking because of ACT. No dev would expose themselves to that risk. Simply having the program running would be circumstantial at best, and that's not enough to win a court case.
    I was mostly commenting on "ACT is undetectable", if they want, they can detect it. I think they can also detect what it was used for if it reads the log file. And they can make an assumption based on consistency of kicks.
    Yet again, I don't think SE will bother doing this, it's just a heads up for people who think that using ACT for kicking is untraceable.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  4. #45484
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I was mostly commenting on "ACT is undetectable", if they want, they can detect it. I think they can also detect what it was used for if it reads the log file. And they can make an assumption based on consistency of kicks.
    Yet again, I don't think SE will bother doing this, it's just a heads up for people who think that using ACT for kicking is untraceable.
    You're assuming the program is actually reading what you have running and checking its files. It doesn't seem to do either of these or things like botting, big titty nude mods, and yes ACT, would be banning people left and right.

    Whatever Yoshi-P says about ACT it's still against TOS and if they were able to see it being used, they would be doing more banning.

  5. #45485
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    3. Zodiark and Hydaelyn are primals, not gods, confirmed at the end of the trailer.
    While it's probably true, keep in mind that the statement of a NPC could be proven as bullshit. Speculation on his part. It has happened before. So it's not a confirmation, just a possibility.

  6. #45486
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    And I thought the WoW community was toxic.
    Just because we use ACT doesn't mean we kick left and right.
    It is extremely rare that I kick people because I hate doing that, esp with the wonky reinforcements in Ff-XIV.

    I only kick if you really hinder our ability to progress or if you are rude/offline.

  7. #45487
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar: Tsunako
    Posts
    15,058
    I see new fairy. Give me new fairy. Too bad they'll functionally be the same. NEW FAIRY.

  8. #45488
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You're assuming the program is actually reading what you have running and checking its files. It doesn't seem to do either of these or things like botting, big titty nude mods, and yes ACT, would be banning people left and right.

    Whatever Yoshi-P says about ACT it's still against TOS and if they were able to see it being used, they would be doing more banning.
    I'm not assuming anything, I just say it's technically possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  9. #45489
    High Overlord Graeham II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    170
    So, Eden was in FF8.

    The new main raid is called Eden.

    FF8 is finally getting a remaster...

    It might just be a coincidence, but we'll see soon enough.

  10. #45490
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    While it's probably true, keep in mind that the statement of a NPC could be proven as bullshit. Speculation on his part. It has happened before. So it's not a confirmation, just a possibility.
    The Ascians lie to the beast tribes but they've never been unreliable narrators (at least on purpose) toward the Warrior of Light. In fact they're often the ones trotted out to do the big story drops toward the end of quest lines.

    I mean the more you look at Zodiark and Hydaelyn as Primals the more sense that it makes. The Echo was used as an excuse as to why the Warrior of Light was invulnerable to becoming tempered by other Primals, but it completely followers with the lore that you can't be tempered by multiple primals. And this follows with us encountering Hydaelyn right out of the gate and then being immune to everything else.

    The same is true of the Ascians, who also possess the Echo from Zodiark (And use it in a way that's far beyond what the Warrior of Light can accomplish at the moment). We pretend to have free will (Which would be used as an argument that we're NOT tempered by a Primal) but do we really? For the literal entirety of the storyline we're enacting Hydaelyn's desire. We've shaped the politics of Eorzea because the rest of the world leaders believe that we're doing the right thing just because we're following Hydaelyn.

    And when we seem to even SLIGHTLY wander off of the path of what she wants to do, she beams her directive immediately into our minds and we end up following her commands. She bestows us with her power, She's in contention with other Primals, She follows the patterns of other Primals identically. As does Zodiark. The only thing that sets the two of them apart is the apparent lack of potential to "summon" them in a traditional sense. But I think being the oldest (and perhaps the first) Primals sets them apart. While the likes of Ifrit or Garuda are single-mindedly working toward getting more followers, Zodiark and Hydaelyn are contending over the literal universe and different dimensions.

    We're hitting apex of the Zodiark storyline and I can't wait to see what craziness they pull out. I'm almost tempted to say we're going to just go full godslayer and eventually end up killing or sealing away both Zodiark and Hydaelyn.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-06-11 at 04:33 AM.

  11. #45491
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Whatever Yoshi-P says about ACT it's still against TOS and if they were able to see it being used, they would be doing more banning.
    I don't think it is a matter of "can" but a matter of "want". DEVs are well aware of sites like FF-Logs and how much their savage raiding community depends on them for diagnostic purposes. I think they don't mind us looking at the numbers, as long as we don't use the data to diss people.

  12. #45492
    Did the new Shadowbringers Launch Trailer contain any obvious scenes from the upcoming expansion's MSQ? I'm still a bit burned by Stormblood and it's Launch Trailer spoiling many major scenes from Stormblood MSQ.

  13. #45493
    I am Murloc! Usagi Senshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    5,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Anyone here Preordered from the S Enix store and still not been charged for their pre order?

    I've heard rumors the S Enix store is quite atrocious and I'm getting quite ansy as I pre ordered 2 collectors editions and they still haven't charged my account for them yet I got the pre order keys pretty darned quickly.
    Nope, ordered ShB last week and still haven't been charged.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

  14. #45494
    Banned Wyrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    23,688
    As a summoner I look forward to my new Hydaelyn-egi. Primal's gonna die.

  15. #45495
    Banned Wyrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    23,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Cool I wonder if I get to complete my destiny as the warrior of evil and do the deed myself.
    I hope so. They can't tell us they're primals and then not let us kill them. Killing primals is what we do.

  16. #45496
    Trailer spoilers just in case

    I don't know that I buy the trailer reveal of Hydaelyn and Zodiark both being primals, especially with tension brewing between Elidibus and Solus already. I think Solus has been making a huge powerplay and is going to backstab Elidibus, use us to take out the "primals", and do what he's been feeding to Varis: make the Garlean master race Varis ranted about in 4.5 with Solus as an immortal god-emperor at the top of it all with no pesky Hydaelyn or Zodiark to stop him. The WoL assumes Elidibus' role as emmissary for Zodiark and works with Minifilia in the same role for Hydaelyn to defend them and keep the balance from here on and Garlemald continuing to be the True Final Boss(tm).

    The lore as we know it (which doesn't necessarily mean much) makes Hydaelyn and Zodiark out to be too cosmologically important to just kill them off. Balance of Light and Dark and all that (plus other primals don't have any of that 'need for balance' shit going on either) though I suppose having neither around would technically be balanced.

    That said, I don't think it's out of the question for Hydaelyn and Zodiark to be primals either, just that the source claiming they are is highly suspect imo, even moreso than other Ascians

  17. #45497
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    So, Eden was in FF8.

    The new main raid is called Eden.

    FF8 is finally getting a remaster...

    It might just be a coincidence, but we'll see soon enough.
    I mean :



    It is not a coincidence.

  18. #45498
    Lotta people saying "omg confirmed" after the trailer really aren't thinking about who is saying it and who he's talking to. I'm half expecting that was a deliberate misdirection from the fat guy explaining how sin eaters work and almost word for word matching vidofnir or hraesvalgrs description of what a primal actually is.

    But in other news WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
    https://imgur.com/bmmfDHF



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    So, Eden was in FF8.

    The new main raid is called Eden.

    FF8 is finally getting a remaster...

    It might just be a coincidence, but we'll see soon enough.
    that and maybe Gunbreaker suggested some 8 influence since the beginning

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Anyone here Preordered from the S Enix store and still not been charged for their pre order?

    I've heard rumors the S Enix store is quite atrocious and I'm getting quite ansy as I pre ordered 2 collectors editions and they still haven't charged my account for them yet I got the pre order keys pretty darned quickly.
    I spoke to them ages ago about it, they added a 'charge debit right now' button on the order description that worked for me.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  19. #45499
    Bloodsail Admiral Dugna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    1,039
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Lotta people saying "omg confirmed" after the trailer really aren't thinking about who is saying it and who he's talking to. I'm half expecting that was a deliberate misdirection from the fat guy explaining how sin eaters work and almost word for word matching vidofnir or hraesvalgrs description of what a primal actually is.

    But in other news WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
    https://imgur.com/bmmfDHF



    - - - Updated - - -



    that and maybe Gunbreaker suggested some 8 influence since the beginning

    - - - Updated - - -



    I spoke to them ages ago about it, they added a 'charge debit right now' button on the order description that worked for me.
    thanks for the tip on charge now option, now I can just have it off my mind whether its gunna go through or not.

  20. #45500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    thanks for the tip on charge now option, now I can just have it off my mind whether its gunna go through or not.
    Yeah i just said "hey having no idea when nearly 200 quids going to vanish without warning kind of sucks, any idea when it goes out" and the response was "whenever you want to hit the button"
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •