10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Anyone here Preordered from the S Enix store and still not been charged for their pre order?

I've heard rumors the S Enix store is quite atrocious and I'm getting quite ansy as I pre ordered 2 collectors editions and they still haven't charged my account for them yet I got the pre order keys pretty darned quickly.
    Nope, ordered ShB last week and still haven't been charged.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

As a summoner I look forward to my new Hydaelyn-egi. Primal's gonna die.

Cool I wonder if I get to complete my destiny as the warrior of evil and do the deed myself.
    I hope so. They can't tell us they're primals and then not let us kill them. Killing primals is what we do.

Trailer spoilers just in case

I don't know that I buy the trailer reveal of Hydaelyn and Zodiark both being primals, especially with tension brewing between Elidibus and Solus already. I think Solus has been making a huge powerplay and is going to backstab Elidibus, use us to take out the "primals", and do what he's been feeding to Varis: make the Garlean master race Varis ranted about in 4.5 with Solus as an immortal god-emperor at the top of it all with no pesky Hydaelyn or Zodiark to stop him. The WoL assumes Elidibus' role as emmissary for Zodiark and works with Minifilia in the same role for Hydaelyn to defend them and keep the balance from here on and Garlemald continuing to be the True Final Boss(tm).

The lore as we know it (which doesn't necessarily mean much) makes Hydaelyn and Zodiark out to be too cosmologically important to just kill them off. Balance of Light and Dark and all that (plus other primals don't have any of that 'need for balance' shit going on either) though I suppose having neither around would technically be balanced.

That said, I don't think it's out of the question for Hydaelyn and Zodiark to be primals either, just that the source claiming they are is highly suspect imo, even moreso than other Ascians

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    So, Eden was in FF8.

The new main raid is called Eden.

FF8 is finally getting a remaster...

It might just be a coincidence, but we'll see soon enough.
    I mean :

It is not a coincidence.

Lotta people saying "omg confirmed" after the trailer really aren't thinking about who is saying it and who he's talking to. I'm half expecting that was a deliberate misdirection from the fat guy explaining how sin eaters work and almost word for word matching vidofnir or hraesvalgrs description of what a primal actually is.

But in other news WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
    https://imgur.com/bmmfDHF

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    So, Eden was in FF8.

The new main raid is called Eden.

FF8 is finally getting a remaster...

It might just be a coincidence, but we'll see soon enough.
    that and maybe Gunbreaker suggested some 8 influence since the beginning

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone here Preordered from the S Enix store and still not been charged for their pre order?

I've heard rumors the S Enix store is quite atrocious and I'm getting quite ansy as I pre ordered 2 collectors editions and they still haven't charged my account for them yet I got the pre order keys pretty darned quickly.
    I spoke to them ages ago about it, they added a 'charge debit right now' button on the order description that worked for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Lotta people saying "omg confirmed" after the trailer really aren't thinking about who is saying it and who he's talking to. I'm half expecting that was a deliberate misdirection from the fat guy explaining how sin eaters work and almost word for word matching vidofnir or hraesvalgrs description of what a primal actually is.

But in other news WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
    https://imgur.com/bmmfDHF

- - - Updated - - -

that and maybe Gunbreaker suggested some 8 influence since the beginning

- - - Updated - - -

I spoke to them ages ago about it, they added a 'charge debit right now' button on the order description that worked for me.
    thanks for the tip on charge now option, now I can just have it off my mind whether its gunna go through or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    thanks for the tip on charge now option, now I can just have it off my mind whether its gunna go through or not.
    Yeah i just said "hey having no idea when nearly 200 quids going to vanish without warning kind of sucks, any idea when it goes out" and the response was "whenever you want to hit the button"

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    No way to really sim in this game. I can offer a small bit of insight though:

At 370 ilvl you'd be in Sigmascape. Looking at my logs on O7S (tank and spank) I did 4.6k as a tank (95th percentile). Now that's with party buffs and raid buffs/food/pots. Our Machinist did 5.6k and was at 58th percentile. He was likely around i370 as well.

My FC mate (a high parsing WHM) hardly has to cast direct heals. With 2 average DPS, and Holy spam, the enemies in expert roulette are dead or near dead by time the near 10s of stun time wears off. An oGCD heal is all that's needed most of the pulls (and I am not max geared, I'm like i370?).

This is true, in almost all cases. However, I do remember looking at some top PLD parses one time and remember seeing like a rank 30 parse (so 99th percentile) that was at enrage. Not only that, every other member was like sub 30th percentile. It really struck me as odd. I've always watched my brother get 99th-100 percentile parses in our casual as fuck heroic guild too (on the few mythic bosses we kill), because our encounters were longer he could get more execute stacks and outperform top mythic raiders (keep in mind he's an ex top raider as well).

Bingo.

This is the ONLY thing you've said that is "factually correct". You are a prime example of the type of FF14 player that I often cite as toxic. You spout nonsense in a mouth frothing manner that is objectively false. You've offered absolutely nothing positive to this discussion and done nothing but antagonize numerous posters and insult them.

I'm fairly confident that SE doesn't have anything capable in the existing package to do this, we'd know about it. They could add it in the future though. That said, they'd expose themselves to a lawsuit for banning people without clear definitive proof of that the players were kicking because of ACT. No dev would expose themselves to that risk. Simply having the program running would be circumstantial at best, and that's not enough to win a court case.

The problem is there is a huge subset of players who are afraid of parsing culture unnecessarily. They don't understand it or have flat out inaccurate misconceptions of its use/value.
    is 370 really that geared?

I hit 70 and was handed a full set of 380 WHM gear lol

10+ Year Old Account
    also rewatched the new trailer and I just can't wait, alittle over 2 weeks to go now soo close.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    is 370 really that geared?

I hit 70 and was handed a full set of 380 WHM gear lol
    Kind of. It takes some time and effort to get to 370/380 if you don't get crafted gear (which is 150k-200k per piece, at least on my datacenter, so with 12 slots that's about 2 million gil to get a full set). In terms of numbers it's basically 70% geared since level 70 gear starts at 300 and ends at 400.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I'm still gonna kill it. I never gave that oversized rock consent to molest me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Kind of. It takes some time and effort to get to 370/380 if you don't get crafted gear (which is 150k-200k per piece, at least on my datacenter, so with 12 slots that's about 2 million gil to get a full set). In terms of numbers it's basically 70% geared since level 70 gear starts at 300 and ends at 400.
    gotcha,

Buddies have like 500million gil between them

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    While it's probably true, keep in mind that the statement of a NPC could be proven as bullshit. Speculation on his part. It has happened before. So it's not a confirmation, just a possibility.
    We'll see!

There's no way they're going to go, "Hey so Zodiark and Hydaelyn are ancient Primals" and then go, "PSYCH! WE WERE LYING! HAHAHAH!"

To the Warrior of Light specifically, the Ascians have never lied or been unreliable narrators. In fact, they're the biggest ones that the story trots out to explain the backstory of the world. Not only could it be incredibly unfulfilling for them to introduce this plot element and then go, 'luls we were lying,' but it exactly fits with everything we know about the two "gods" until now. It fits exactly correct in with how other Primals act and how Hydaelyn/Zodiark act with the Warrior of Light (and those with the Echo) and the Ascians.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    There's no way they're going to go, "Hey so Zodiark and Hydaelyn are ancient Primals" and then go, "PSYCH! WE WERE LYING! HAHAHAH!"

To the Warrior of Light specifically, the Ascians have never lied or been unreliable narrators. In fact, they're the biggest ones that the story trots out to explain the backstory of the world. Not only could it be incredibly unfulfilling for them to introduce this plot element and then go, 'luls we were lying,' but it exactly fits with everything we know about the two "gods" until now. It fits exactly correct in with how other Primals act and how Hydaelyn/Zodiark act with the Warrior of Light (and those with the Echo) and the Ascians.
    Pretty much, the Ascians themselves (like in the later Stormblood cutscenes goin on in Garlemald between Solus and Varis and Zenos as well as the story/paths that we follow as the player character and the Scions to track them down have been the vehicles for these kinds of lore drop moments since ARR.

While I suppose it's still possible that this could be a hoax, nothing up to this point has lead us to believe the Ascians are giving us false information. They really have no reason to.

So until proven otherwise, I'm choosing to take what is being said at face value.

Playing this on the PC, bought ARR for €6 for the PS4 to play it while I'm minding my sister's house... tried to login on the PS4 and I got a security "issue" in place and had to reset my password.

Tried to apply the one-time pass security token thing, and it wasn't accepting any of my answers to the security questions...

Un-fucking-believable...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Playing this on the PC, bought ARR for €6 for the PS4 to play it while I'm minding my sister's house... tried to login on the PS4 and I got a security "issue" in place and had to reset my password.

Tried to apply the one-time pass security token thing, and it wasn't accepting any of my answers to the security questions...

Un-fucking-believable...
    Just to make sure the question is asked, but did you register your PS4 account on your SE account?

So fun fact. I was doing a few Orbonne's last night. They were all pretty standard (awful) by all means don't wanna upset my boy Faroth so I'll spare the usual details, but on the last one before bed some clown marked me as the MT. Like, no one asked, just put a mark on me and no one else. Sure I'll be MT then. Great community btw.

So anyways, we're at Cid and all of a sudden I get rescued to another platform after like 20s in of the fight. I'm thinking to myself what the fuck? Then I said to myself, ok WHY did he do this MAYBE I was doing something wrong, but there wasn't any AOEs or anything....

My dumbass was with the wrong alliance. I was Alliance B 2x in a row and hadn't realized I was A on the third run. I was falling asleep mid run so that's 100% my bad. I just said, "Good call, I'm an idiot". He just said "XD".

The point of this post is to always reflect on yourself first and foremost. SHB can't come soon enough. There are a lot of enemies who I need to Confiteor (stupid fucking name).

Fun fact #2. I called off my engagement back in September maybe of last year, I'd be getting married in roughly 2 weeks, the day Shadowbringers EA drops... That would have tilted me to no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Just to make sure the question is asked, but did you register your PS4 account on your SE account?
    How do I do that ?

"EDIT: you have to go to the square Enix STORE website and manage your account from there. My profile > settings > link account > link PSN"
    There's literally zero option to do that on the website;

Last edited by Daedius; 2019-06-12 at 08:26 PM.