1. #45521
    That reminds me, I do need to get level 70 tank and ranged sets for when I start leveling through ShB with them. I was skipping out on the level 60 gear since I'm planning on leveling them both through PotD and maybe some beast tribe quests and roulettes from 60-61 and HoH from 61-70 so the gear doesn't matter.

    DNC will be my first, GNB likely my second if the game play is as fun to me as it looks, SMN will be soon after, with AST being the healer I level first. After that it's all up in the air. Though DRK will be sooner than later.

  2. #45522
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I reached lvl 70 yesterday and finished SB MSQ (4.0), the game has been a breeze this far but now it feels like I've come into a full stop. I'd love to continue into SB Patch MSQ but it's instances are ilvl locked so I'd have to gear up to level 360 equipped ilvl anyway. What's the recommended way to gear up at lvl 70 according to MMO-Champion?

    I don't want to whine, but I've found out the hard way that this game is no WoW where you get handed infinite amount of upgrades (at least for a while) the moment you reach max level in current expansion. I've found out a guide on Reddit (but it's for Patch 4.3) and seems pretty complicated, with lots of stuff to do.

    There will be a time when you can buy Scaevar Gear with Tomestones of Poetics but it'll happen at ShB Launch so it's too late to wait for that if you still have MSQ to finish.

    Additionally I'd like to upgrade my Relic Weapon a bit in Eureka, but getting started seems difficult this late into expansion when many players who do Eureka are already at High Eureka Lvl, so I'm not getting any invites to Fate Trains at Eureka Level 6 and soloing is so slow. How come there is no group finder for Eureka?
    You can buy 380 gear on the market board. Or you can craft it yourself. ~50-150k gil a piece on my server.

  3. #45523
    It's going to be a busy first month for me.

    My main I'll level as PLD first so I can tank things for my FC. I'll use trust dungeons to level dragoon probably to see the different party interactions.

    Then my crafting/gathering alt needs to level red mage or dragoon, not to mention the actual doh/dol classes.

    My other alt needs to level smn/sch.

    My other other alt needs to level whm...

    My other other other alt needs to level ninja and gnb...

  4. #45524
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post


    Honestly? The only "toxicity" are people that play like the first humans, wipe pretty much every group they're in and then yap on about "Imma playin for FUUUN!!!11".

    Yeah your "fun" stops when the endeavor starts to be a group effort. Pull your weight. No I don't mean salivating over orange E-Peen parses but doing the minimum the encounter requires in order to be killable should be an obvious common courtesy. If you can't: stay out of the content.
    .
    Such a load of utter drivel.


    Had you known the slightest thing about FF14, you would know the core bulk of the game isn't about optimal rotation or such, but in mechanics. You learn them, dps is secondary believe it or not. All dungeons and raids have a timer for completion. That is the content limit. Not how fast the boss dies.

    Also every raid has a hard gear limit for using the Duty Finder (and you need to use Duty Finder to complete the MSQ/Quests, not unsyncing/cheesing allowed). The reason SE is very anti dps meters etc, is literally because of the nonsense you just spouted about "People need to play!". They don't. Yoshi P said a few times now, that FF14 is a multi-player FF game, and not to be viewed as some kind of competitive MMO style "Imma best!" epeen stroking game.


    Piss off back to WoW, please.

  5. #45525
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    You can buy 380 gear on the market board. Or you can craft it yourself. ~50-150k gil a piece on my server.
    To add, it is worth checking mogboard.com for the best price on your datacenter. can shave off a few hundred grand no problem by hopping between realms and using their MB.

    Otherwise your best bet for gear is to hammer the raids. Ridorana Lighthouse drops 360 gear, as do the omega raids. Getting a weapon will be shitty, though. You'll need to do O8, 4 times for a 360 weapon, or O12 4 times for the 390 weapon. you can get a 340 weapon from B-rank hunts to get your foot into ridorana/O8.

  6. #45526
    I'll take Paladin through the MSQ. It's my "main", the one I've played through all the previous story as. Then I'm thinking about trying out Dancer. I did Red Mage second last time, and while it's good, I don't feel any urge to get it to max in this expansion.

  7. #45527
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Such a load of utter drivel.


    Had you known the slightest thing about FF14, you would know the core bulk of the game isn't about optimal rotation or such, but in mechanics. You learn them, dps is secondary believe it or not. All dungeons and raids have a timer for completion. That is the content limit. Not how fast the boss dies.

    Also every raid has a hard gear limit for using the Duty Finder (and you need to use Duty Finder to complete the MSQ/Quests, not unsyncing/cheesing allowed). The reason SE is very anti dps meters etc, is literally because of the nonsense you just spouted about "People need to play!". They don't. Yoshi P said a few times now, that FF14 is a multi-player FF game, and not to be viewed as some kind of competitive MMO style "Imma best!" epeen stroking game.


    Piss off back to WoW, please.
    And after you have learned the mechanics what do you do ? That's right you optimize your rotation just like...any action/rpg game ever.
    You don't need to view the game as "some kind of competitive MMO style "Imma best!" epeen stroking game" to be DECENT at your job (i.e. Using AoEs, never stop casting if in no immediate danger, rotating defensive CDs, knowing how your job gauge works and how to use it.) that's pretty easy to do.

  8. #45528
    FFXIV has such great content but all the cutscenes man, ruined everything.

  9. #45529
    Scarab Lord TriHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    KFC and Watermelon
    Posts
    4,027
    Has there been any info if there'll be a new deep dungeon this expansion? Doing the msq usually won't bring you to max level by themselves, so I tend to mix in some deep dungeons on the side

  10. #45530
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    It's going to be a busy first month for me.

    My main I'll level as PLD first so I can tank things for my FC. I'll use trust dungeons to level dragoon probably to see the different party interactions.

    Then my crafting/gathering alt needs to level red mage or dragoon, not to mention the actual doh/dol classes.

    My other alt needs to level smn/sch.

    My other other alt needs to level whm...

    My other other other alt needs to level ninja and gnb...
    Why so many alts? Leveling through the MSQ on that many characters would have been a pretty huge pain, so i'm guessing it's a pretty good reason, lol. Doesn't have to be, but for me I'd need a REALLY compelling reason to plod through the MSQ that many times.

  11. #45531
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Why so many alts? Leveling through the MSQ on that many characters would have been a pretty huge pain, so i'm guessing it's a pretty good reason, lol. Doesn't have to be, but for me I'd need a REALLY compelling reason to plod through the MSQ that many times.
    Probably wants to play multiple races but don't want to pay for Fantasia each time. My guess, and a valid reason imo.

  12. #45532
    never played ff if i start now and buy evrything ( what should i buy?^^ )

    is there something like a level boost to start the addon or do i have to play from 1 to what ever max level is? and make all addons?

  13. #45533
    of the Dark Star Tinytalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Anyone here Preordered from the S Enix store and still not been charged for their pre order?

    I've heard rumors the S Enix store is quite atrocious and I'm getting quite ansy as I pre ordered 2 collectors editions and they still haven't charged my account for them yet I got the pre order keys pretty darned quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    Nope, ordered ShB last week and still haven't been charged.
    A bit late, but I did. It didn't autocharge it from me. I went to the site and it had an option to "charge now" on my purchase-list. After I pressed it, it charged me the money and completed my order. If it still hasn't done it for you two, go try that. It should work.

    deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

  14. #45534
    I have different rp characters. I don't do endgame stuff on all of them but I usually level at least one job to cap for glams or zone access.

  15. #45535
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Such a load of utter drivel.


    Had you known the slightest thing about FF14, you would know the core bulk of the game isn't about optimal rotation or such, but in mechanics. You learn them, dps is secondary believe it or not. All dungeons and raids have a timer for completion. That is the content limit. Not how fast the boss dies.

    Also every raid has a hard gear limit for using the Duty Finder (and you need to use Duty Finder to complete the MSQ/Quests, not unsyncing/cheesing allowed). The reason SE is very anti dps meters etc, is literally because of the nonsense you just spouted about "People need to play!". They don't. Yoshi P said a few times now, that FF14 is a multi-player FF game, and not to be viewed as some kind of competitive MMO style "Imma best!" epeen stroking game.

    Piss off back to WoW, please.
    If you cause a dungeon run to take anywhere even close to the maximum time limit, you deserve to be kicked and blacklisted, because that level of incompetence or bad play should be punished. Not because you're "bad" but because you absolutely unnecessarily wasted so much time for 3+ other people. That's pretty indefensible, IMO, as it's completely disrespectful. There's a difference between being new to an encounter and making a few mistakes while learning and failng the same mechanic repeatedly with no improvement or asking for help and being completely unrepentant about it. That last part is important. People make mistakes, that's OK, it's when you unabashedly screw up and don't care, don't try to get better, and are almost proud of it and then whine, cry or moan or whatever about getting called out for your negative impact on the group.

    Multi-player game means there are other people depending on you too, which means you need to be able to perform at some minimum level in order to complete the content and not be too big of a detriment to your group.

    What you say is true, DPS is secondary to mechanics....but that's the case in every game ever since a dead DPS does no DPS. Perform doesn't just mean numbers it means being able to do the whole dance: mechanics AND output.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    FFXIV has such great content but all the cutscenes man, ruined everything.
    It's a story focused game, so story is front and center, which includes cutscenes and lots of dialogue. I understand that it's not for everyone, and totally appreciate how boring it can be when you're not at all interested in it. It's always just weird to me to hear people say this like they didn't know what they were getting into when playing a Final Fantasy game, like it's a surprise that there's story here.

    I also have always had a hard time wrapping my head around why people would play this game for any period of time if they don't care for the story at all to the point where they make comments like the story/ cutscenes ruin the game. I don't have to wrap my head around it, I know, that's just the way people are, but it just always sounds like someone who went for a walk in the rain, on purpose, and then get back inside and complain about getting wet.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Has there been any info if there'll be a new deep dungeon this expansion? Doing the msq usually won't bring you to max level by themselves, so I tend to mix in some deep dungeons on the side
    No mention of a deep dungeon yet, not in any specific sense, or when it might get released. Side quests along the way help get you to max level. If it's anything like previous parts of the game, you'll have portions where you HAVE to do side quests because the MSQ will have a level requirement you don't meet. Always do your roulettes, pick up side quests as you go. I personally don't worry about side quests for alts, because their xp rewards are pretty pitiful for simple leveling purposes.

  16. #45536
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Probably wants to play multiple races but don't want to pay for Fantasia each time. My guess, and a valid reason imo.
    Valid IMO as well, was just curious. I wouldn't do it for that reason, but everyone has their own reason and it's their time and money so who am I to judge how they spend it?

  17. #45537
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    FFXIV has such great content but all the cutscenes man, ruined everything.
    It's almost like FF14 is a RPG with a focus on the story or something.

  18. #45538
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    never played ff if i start now and buy evrything ( what should i buy?^^ )

    is there something like a level boost to start the addon or do i have to play from 1 to what ever max level is? and make all addons?
    There will be a "Complete Edition" sold that includes the Shadowbringers expansion, though it won't be until July 2nd at least.

    Around June 28th they said they'll introduce level skip potions that will let you instantly level up to 70. Currently the potions are only up to 60. The story and levels are separate so if you want to jump into the current content ASAP you'll need to buy both a level boost potion for the specific job you want AND a story skip potion. Total cost right now for those two things is ~$25.

    You can check the specifics out on the Mogstation.

    If you've never played it before and like story, I'd recommend getting the complete edition and buying a level skip potion for whatever job you want/ are interested in and story skip potion that skips the A Realm Reborn (ARR) content and puts you straight into Heavensward (HW). HW content is much better than ARR, and you won't really miss much by skipping ARR, you'll also skip one of the worst story quest progressions in the game. Stormblood (SB) is good too, but the story just doesn't feel as Epic as the one in HW, not until post level 70 quests anyway.

    Hope you enjoy your time in game =)

  19. #45539
    of the Dark Star Tinytalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Thanks I got it sorted and followed up with a further post on page 2279
    Ah I might've missed that post.

    deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

  20. #45540
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    There will be a "Complete Edition" sold that includes the Shadowbringers expansion, though it won't be until July 2nd at least.

    Around June 28th they said they'll introduce level skip potions that will let you instantly level up to 70. Currently the potions are only up to 60. The story and levels are separate so if you want to jump into the current content ASAP you'll need to buy both a level boost potion for the specific job you want AND a story skip potion. Total cost right now for those two things is ~$25.

    You can check the specifics out on the Mogstation.

    If you've never played it before and like story, I'd recommend getting the complete edition and buying a level skip potion for whatever job you want/ are interested in and story skip potion that skips the A Realm Reborn (ARR) content and puts you straight into Heavensward (HW). HW content is much better than ARR, and you won't really miss much by skipping ARR, you'll also skip one of the worst story quest progressions in the game. Stormblood (SB) is good too, but the story just doesn't feel as Epic as the one in HW, not until post level 70 quests anyway.

    Hope you enjoy your time in game =)


    guess ill just wait until the 28th if i get a full box with level skip not really in a hurry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •