Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    So far, it's just Shadowbringers dungeons. SE said they might expand it later, but who knows. It is slower than doing the dungeon with players.

I did the first dungeon with a trust (with me tanking) and it took 35 minutes, no wipes, no queue time. The NPCs did mechanics properly, which is nice because if you don't know what to do, you can just mimic them.

The big difference I noticed is that the Trust NPCs don't seem to AoE very much. There was even a pull with like 8 tiny enemies, and they seemed to be killing them one by one. However, both DPS do focus the same mob, so individual mobs die quickly and it's easy to predict what the NPCs will do next.
    That's cool, Honestly this feature may be what sells me on getting SB.

Is it dungeon's only or will raids include it later as well? I think its a cool way to practice your class.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That's cool, Honestly this feature may be what sells me on getting SB.

Is it dungeon's only or will raids include it later as well? I think its a cool way to practice your class.
    I'm pretty sure it's 4-man only. The UI seems to be set up for a 4-man. Maybe later they'll extend it, but I would set expectations lower, and assume you'll only see it in the 4-man Shadowbringer dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's 4-man only. The UI seems to be set up for a 4-man. Maybe later they'll extend it, but I would set expectations lower, and assume you'll only see it in the 4-man Shadowbringer dungeons.
    Honestly that's fine, It lets you still practice your class so that's cool.
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I think they said they wont ever add it to anything outside 4mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I think they said they wont ever add it to anything outside 4mans.
    That's fine.

Hope they do add it to older content in the future tho.

Yeah same I'd love for them to add it, just for MSQ dungeons though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Considering returning and I know I've asked this question before but since SB is coming out ill ask again.

What is the most simple class to play? The smallest rotation? I don't have the reaction time I use to and mainly will do world content and the queable Dungeons/Raids.

Didn't play much of Stormblood so I'm going to grab the complete edition and play thought it and SB on the 2nd. I've been told Red Mage has the most simple rotation.

(Plan to play on a PS4).

If holding argo is much more easy I may consider going back to Dark Knight, Otherwise ill be playing a dps class.
    Honestly Red Mage.

There are no positional requirements, there aren't really an procs to watch that screw up your rotation (there are two, but you just substitute using one of those two spells for your base spell. You're casting rhythm isn't changed at all) and it's very straight forward to play. No build up to get your rotation going and whatnot like some other classes.

It also has a lot of utility and very good solo survivability.

Yoshi-P has even gone on record and said it's one of the more simple and solo friendly classes to play.

Healer in need: the Expansion

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

at least at 70, some duties are giving materia 8 as a healer bonus, so that's a plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

I have to say my most disappointing aspect is that there is a lack of really...weird and deformed looking monsters. You barely even run into sin eaters out in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Honestly Red Mage.

There are no positional requirements, there aren't really an procs to watch that screw up your rotation (there are two, but you just substitute using one of those two spells for your base spell. You're casting rhythm isn't changed at all) and it's very straight forward to play. No build up to get your rotation going and whatnot like some other classes.

Yoshi-P has even gone on record and said it's one of the more simple and solo friendly classes to play.
    Ya I think I'm going to go Red Mage.

I've honestly really enjoyed going Mage in Wow and enjoyed being a SMN in FFXIV when I first started. But I need something a bit more simple so Red Mage seems to be the choice.

Going to pick up the complete version Tuseday cause I haven't even finished the last expansion yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Yeah same I'd love for them to add it, just for MSQ dungeons though.
    Honestly if they are sticking to 4man content I hope they add all the dungeons to it.

Yeah, it's awesome.
    Lack half a level to continue MSQ? Just do old Roulettes instead of chugging though sidequests mashing one button.

oh wow. Apparently DPS was in need for Alliance raid roullete. Also Rewards some materia stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    oh wow. Apparently DPS was in need for Alliance raid roullete. Also Rewards some materia stuff.
    To be honest every time I queue for alliance (even pre SHB) its dps in need.

Did the 2nd dungeon but tried Trust this time. Slooooow as molasses but no human error, instant queue for dps and you get all the loot -i thought i heard them say on the live letter you only got one piece- and the final boss was much more interesting than the end of the first dungeon. The npcs stood out or in of what they had to, urianger was a bit lazy on the healing in my opinion but as RDM it wasn't really an issue with a daulcast vercure. It also felt like the targeted stuff targets none player characters more often, though that could have been a coincidence. Wouldn't take it over people but if you want to farm glamour gear before running unsynched runs in the next expansion its an easy option. Slow, but easy.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Honestly Red Mage.

As someone who stopped playing during the relaunch. I missed every expansion. How long would it take me if I casually played to reach current expansion? lol

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Gonna ride the tank ques and level all my healing classes!

200 iq..hopefully.

Nailed it...
    You cared enough to post.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar

I doubt it will last for long, since it will mostly be People testing out GNB before going back to their Mains.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Nailed it...
    Congrats, you foresaw an obvious thing happening.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    As someone who stopped playing during the relaunch. I missed every expansion. How long would it take me if I casually played to reach current expansion? lol
    Depends.

It takes about 1-2 weeks playing a couple hours a day to get through all of the content in each of the expansions leading up to Shadowbringers, so that's ~4-6 weeks of playing just a couple hours a day. If you buy story skips, it takes off about 1-2 weeks for each expansion you skip. There's a good 40-60 hours of content in each expansion, so however long it takes to get through that.

It goes CONSIDERABLY faster if you skip cutscenes and don't reach the dialogue, but IMO then you're missing out on a lot of what the game has to offer.

That said, I have no problem recommending a story skip and level boost potion to skip the initial 1-50 questing (A Realm Reborn) and jumping straight into Heavensward. The story and pacing are just THAT much better in Heavensward than it is in A Realm Reborn, and you're really not missing much. Especially since in a few months they'll be releasing a New Game+ feature that will allow you to go back and experience all the story quests you may have missed if you bought a skip or want to experience over again without leveling an alt.

Try a free trial account, you get to experience everything up to level 35 (including crafting and gathering jobs) with the usual free account restrictions (no mail, can't send tells, can't join guilds/FC's etc...)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Did the 2nd dungeon but tried Trust this time. Slooooow as molasses but no human error, instant queue for dps and you get all the loot -i thought i heard them say on the live letter you only got one piece- and the final boss was much more interesting than the end of the first dungeon. The npcs stood out or in of what they had to, urianger was a bit lazy on the healing in my opinion but as RDM it wasn't really an issue with a daulcast vercure. It also felt like the targeted stuff targets none player characters more often, though that could have been a coincidence. Wouldn't take it over people but if you want to farm glamour gear before running unsynched runs in the next expansion its an easy option. Slow, but easy.
    I really enjoy the trust option because it doesn't break up the story flow or pacing of the quest that took you to the dungeon in the first place.

I just finished the first dungeon using a trust but the tone of the quest is pretty urgent so having to wait 10+ minutes for a queue to pop would have felt weird. Plus, going in with the NPC's feels natural given the way they set it up.

It was slow though, but I'm fine with a dungeon taking 10 minutes longer to complete vs having it go a little faster and have to wait in a 10 minute queue. And you get all the loot. There's just one item per chest instead of 2, so it's not that bad.

I also never thought I'd actually struggle whether or not to use the trust system from purely a story standpoint.

Not going to spoil anything, but I really wanted to take certain party members into the first dungeon considering their connection to the plot. I did the dungeon first with a random group but afterward actually ran it a second time just to see their reactions.

It was worth it.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, all you get are basically /say quotes from the characters here and there, there aren't some extra cutscenes or anything, but that was enough for me.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-06-30 at 04:22 AM.