So..ive seen crystalized sap on the MB for 3k on average. I finally got the tome to gather it, but not high enough to get collectible lvl for the scrip. So, i threw away the 4 sap i got. In order to put the crystal sap on the mb, do you break it down to a lower lvl first or how does that work?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    So..ive seen crystalized sap on the MB for 3k on average. I finally got the tome to gather it, but not high enough to get collectible lvl for the scrip. So, i threw away the 4 sap i got. In order to put the crystal sap on the mb, do you break it down to a lower lvl first or how does that work?
    If you gathered it as a collectable, you just lower its quality to make it tradeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Ouch. Well, still not awful I suppose.
    I farm a lot of old area mats usually. I need gil. lol
    I recently started doing scrips and got 2 tomes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    If you gathered it as a collectable, you just lower its quality to make it tradeable.
    Thank you!! I was quite confused how people put it on the mb. Sap goes for 3k on my server, makes me wish i didn't trash the 4 i got. Now i know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I farm a lot of old area mats usually. I need gil. lol
    Lucky you. I'm sitting on 150M+ and there isn't anything relevant to buy out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Lucky you. I'm sitting on 150M+ and there isn't anything relevant to buy out there.
    oh. haha if i had that much, i'd have a house by now. :P
    so i was looking at gathering gear. would fieldking set/weapon + night steel scythe be worth it? its like 1080 gathering/1040 perception.
    im almost at 67 and looking at a 70lvl gathering set.
    or just wait until im 80?

You can buy me food/pots next raid so I don't unsub early!

10+ Year Old Account
    oh. haha if i had that much, i'd have a house by now. :P
    No you would not. Gil is the easiest part of the equation regarding housing. You need gil + a lot of luck to snag one.
    I have a nicely decorated medium house.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    You can buy me food/pots next raid so I don't unsub early!
    No but I can craft them for you. Hand made with love :3

No but I can craft them for you. Hand made with love :3
    and supply the mats for me too! Yay thanks Ifalna!

I do wish that there were more things to spend gil on. Maybe a mount that costs 25 million or some such. Though I suppose it'd risk encouraging illegal activity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I do wish that there were more things to spend gil on. Maybe a mount that costs 25 million or some such. Though I suppose it'd risk encouraging illegal activity.
    I have Twintania and Chocobro... no more mounts needed. WoW cured me of any collector tic I might have had.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Closest things to that are the mounts from PotD and HoH, but even those have dropped in price over the months/years. Dodos were going for 30 million here for the longest time. Static buddy sold me one for 10 mil. I sold a Dark Pegasus about a year ago for 16 mil only for it to spike up to 25 when HoH came out (and people mostly abandoned PotD for a while).

Edit: Now realize it was closer to 2 years ago when I sold that Pegasus (it was pre HoH). Time flies!

There's housing, but once you have one, you're done pretty much. Could go for a private mansion, but as a former owner of one, I found it more a hassle to decorate than anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    There's housing, but once you have one, you're done pretty much. Could go for a private mansion, but as a former owner of one, I found it more a hassle to decorate than anything.
    Yeah I think medium is best. I wouldn't want to fill a large one.

I have Twintania and Chocobro... no more mounts needed. WoW cured me of any collector tic I might have had.
    Weird enough, WoW killed my mount/pet collector tic when they made them account wide. Dunno why, but I just progressively lost interest from that point on.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Weird enough, WoW killed my mount/pet collector tic when they made them account wide. Dunno why, but I just progressively lost interest from that point on.
    I've never been a mount collector. I'll go pretty hard for a specific mount if I really like the look or something, but I won't go out of my way to go collect more just to have more.

I predominantly use the Fenrir motorcycle because it doesn't have a lot of particle effects and is really small. Unless I'm on my SMN, in which case I will use the actual Fenrir wolf mount, because FFXI and SMN on that having Fenrir as a summon.

I was the other way around. Was always reluctant to farm mounts when they were only on one character because I knew I'd just switch characters so much.

Once I could use them anywhere, I went nuts for a little while.
    Same here. I was ecstatic when the Vicious Saddle mounts (win 100 arena 3v3s or 40 BGs for one mount per season) became account wide, after that I was sure to do the seasonal gladiator achievement every PvP season. Even nicer was the part where they even gave you the other faction's counterpart to your mount for free too.

I was the other way around. Was always reluctant to farm mounts when they were only on one character because I knew I'd just switch characters so much.

Once I could use them anywhere, I went nuts for a little while.
    I think it was a way that I further personalized my characters. Certain ones had mounts that were suited to their character/concept. So I'd go actively try to get the ones I wanted on the character I wanted it on and when it became everyone gets everything, I just kinda stopped finding them interesting.

Sure, I still went for some that just looked great and obviously I only used the ones that were applicable to the character in question, but I dunno. It just didn't appeal as much.

I can't discount the possibility of it being coincidental and I just hit a point that the digital collectibles lost interest for me in general around the same time as the account wide application. I don't do much mount/minion collecting in XIV either. Then again, I don't have a minion out too often and I tend to prefer my chocobo because it's Final Fantasy and it saddens me to see chocobos being rare mounts in use.

Interesting; I'm like others who became more active with it when it became account wide.

It is a bit of a double edged sword though. I vividly recall throwing 7-8 characters at first Karazhan boss every week for a while before getting the mount. That's likely tame by some standards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Same here. I was ecstatic when the Vicious Saddle mounts (win 100 arena 3v3s or 40 BGs for one mount per season) became account wide, after that I was sure to do the seasonal gladiator achievement every PvP season. Even nicer was the part where they even gave you the other faction's counterpart to your mount for free too.
    Well darn. Too bad that wasn't a thing at the start. I was about 20 away from the wolf when my rbg group fell apart (this was during Cata).

I've never been one to want to mount collect in FF14 as I've always been content with my chocobo. Even in WoW my interest in a mount is more based on if I feel the new mount fits one of my alts well (such as wanting to get the new Stormpike ram for an updated ram mount for my dwarf char).

I took a look at my collection:

Mounts: 104
    Minions: 302
    Achievement Points: 11425

I want to push those numbers higher, but I put more effort into my minion collection since mounts have a nasty habit of being tied to PvP seasons. I've acquired most of the PvP mounts that aren't, though. I'm just firmly against anything that is only temporarily available as I think it's a very deceptive business practice, especially in a game where PvP isn't actively supported.

I'd consider housing to be the better route for collectors, since you can't really 'miss' anything.

I can't discount the possibility of it being coincidental and I just hit a point that the digital collectibles lost interest for me in general around the same time as the account wide application. I don't do much mount/minion collecting in XIV either. Then again, I don't have a minion out too often and I tend to prefer my chocobo because it's Final Fantasy and it saddens me to see chocobos being rare mounts in use.
    I think it's likely this. I just genuinely can't see ANY situation where you can rationally say I enjoyed trying to farm the same thing over and over instead of being able to farm new other things. I could be wrong though.

I don't do collectibles in either game. The only mounts I have in WoW are ones from like raids and metas. Just like in FF14 the only mounts I have are the raid or trial ones if they casually dropped. I generally don't find a lot of the mounts in FF14 that appealing when compared to the ability to customize your Bo's appearance and equipment. I do have the Kobolds beast tribe mount though because a floating bench suspended by Bombs is top fucking tier design.