Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Pretty sure the first one is the instrumental version of the ending theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqvNtNcXmJg
    "Tomorrow and Tomorrow"

And this is also another version of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQyxkvZsnaA
    "Eulmore Theme"

Not so sure:

the second one sounds like a zone/town theme to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Hmm no, not that I know of. Also doesn't exist as Orchestrion roll yet (as most SB music).
    Your best chance would be to extract the game files somehow or wait for future patches.
    FOUND IT.

It's the "Tomorrow and tomorrow" music scroll. I already had it! It threw me off for the longest time though because they made it so that for the first 30 seconds in it is identical to the "Shadowbringers" music scroll. I wish they hadn't, as it loops poorly as a result. But beggars can't be choosers.
    Last edited by Merie; 2019-07-31 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    You mean like me trying to get my last pair of pants from E2? In case you're wondering there were exactly 0 deaths and no bonus... and I didn't win the pants.

You didn't beat the dragoon?
    I am disappointed. ._.

You mean like me trying to get my last pair of pants from E2? In case you're wondering there were exactly 0 deaths and no bonus... and I didn't win the pants.

Geez that's me in a nutshell. Right around where the dancer is. This game sometimes... there's just too much to pay attention to at once. I feel like I have no breathing room at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    This game sometimes... there's just too much to pay attention to at once. I feel like I have no breathing room at all.
    That is primarily caused by FF-XIVs overabundant reliance on the visual channel. bosses have gotten a few audio cues so it's become a bit better but I still very much miss Weak Auras being able to play a sound when sth of note occurs.
    Dancers Steps coming off CD would be one example.

That is primarily caused by FF-XIVs overabundant reliance on the visual channel. bosses have gotten a few audio cues so it's become a bit better but I still very much miss Weak Auras being able to play a sound when sth of note occurs.
    Dancers Steps coming off CD would be one example.
    Yeah. I also have a rough time adapting to the fact that boss mechanics happen after some spell cast. Which means I'm splitting my focus between my rotation and watching cast bars. Four years and I still cannot quote get the hang of it. I miss weakauras and audio cues/voice lines for boss mechanics.

You didn't beat the dragoon?
    I am disappointed. ._.
    In ShB a tank who simply mashes combos and oGCDs with no rhyme or reason will beat even the most seasoned tanks now. It's not like SB was. They really amped up everyone, but tank and healers base damage (excl WHM).

Geez that's me in a nutshell. Right around where the dancer is. This game sometimes... there's just too much to pay attention to at once. I feel like I have no breathing room at all.
    What exactly are you struggling with? I'd be glad to help you out (and if you're on Primal, I can't remember which you said you were on) I can help look over your parse run to identify areas of weakness. It might just be you're not pushing buttons fast enough, clipping GCDs, or not using oGCDs frequently.

Well, MCH is definitely going to be what I main for this expansion. It feels fun to play again. I sort of want to get into raiding again, too, but I'll have to hold off on that since I'll be up and moving to a different part of the country in September so that'll be distracting me in the coming weeks.

What exactly are you struggling with? I'd be glad to help you out (and if you're on Primal, I can't remember which you said you were on) I can help look over your parse run to identify areas of weakness. It might just be you're not pushing buttons fast enough, clipping GCDs, or not using oGCDs frequently.
    If only I knew. Poor uptime, wrong cool down usage, poor execution of the rotation, who knows? And I'm on Aether I'm afraid. I don't have any passes either. Meh, maybe I'm playing the wrong job(s).

If only I knew. Poor uptime, wrong cool down usage, poor execution of the rotation, who knows? And I'm on Aether I'm afraid. I don't have any passes either. Meh, maybe I'm playing the wrong job(s).
    The game has no feedback loop for this which I always thought was kinda questionable given how much they hate parses. Here lets put this content that has enrages, but dont parse your damage that way you can just slam your faces at it in frustration forever not knowing whether its your fault or someone elses.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    The game has no feedback loop for this which I always thought was kinda questionable given how much they hate parses. Here lets put this content that has enrages, but dont parse your damage that way you can just slam your faces at it in frustration forever not knowing whether its your fault or someone elses.
    Only "feedback" I can think of are the timed training dummies. These don't help much when you have to bring "theoretical rotation" and "actual bossfight" together.

putting some time in with AST post patch and it feels better and far less underpowered and resource starved but i still don't like the new card mechanics. The 3 icon buff is nice but it feels brainless compared to the old "okay this one is twice as powerful, oh but this one is an aoe!" that made you use cards less but only because you were making them situational instead of whack a mole.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Only "feedback" I can think of are the timed training dummies. These don't help much when you have to bring "theoretical rotation" and "actual bossfight" together.
    Ya, I parse so I know where I stand as does most the rest of the people in my FC I play with but I cant imagine being stuck on a boss because im playing wrong and the game gives no indication so I just spin my wheels in failure. Its probably better from overgearing now but titania ex did not have alot of room for people to play badly the first two weeks. One person could ruin the run and its sad that most of the playerbase have no idea why.

How "good" is the gear recommendations the game provides using the character button? So far I have been using it and when it says replace this piece of armor or weapon with this I just go ahead with it. It probably isn't a big deal unless I am min/maxing it (which I'm not).

Edit: And I just hit 50 and I'm about to enter the last two dungeons/8-mans in the MSQ. But I read that Square made it mandatory for everyone to view the cutscenes so that new people don't feel like they have to skip them. Does this make it worse for finding a group (people leaving) if they know they will have to sit through the cutscenes every time they repeat the dungeon?
    Last edited by Redwyrm; 2019-07-31 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    How "good" is the gear recommendations the game provides using the character button? So far I have been using it and when it says replace this piece of armor or weapon with this I just go ahead with it. It probably isn't a big deal unless I am min/maxing it (which I'm not).

Edit: And I just hit 50 and I'm about to enter the last two dungeons/8-mans in the MSQ. But I read that Square made it mandatory for everyone to view the cutscenes so that new people don't feel like they have to skip them. Does this make it worse for finding a group (people leaving) if they know they will have to sit through the cutscenes every time they repeat the dungeon?
    i've been using it constantly when swapping between jobs and it always seem to put the right gear in place... probably helps that there's gear levels and job restrictions on gear.

as for those dungeons i'm guessing they're part of the MSQ roulette so they pretty much hand you tons of currency for gearing so they'll always be lucrative for people to join. even if it's a lowbie dungeon i've rarerly encountered anyone getting snippy over someone watching the cinematics.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

The recommendation button is useful. Use it and don't worry about it. The only time you really min max gear is at max level because of side stats between similar item level pieces.

I think that, at the very tip top level, penta-melded crafted gear is better than higher item tomestone gear, and the recommendations won't take that into account. But by and large, the gear recommendation is correct. FFXIV is solidly in the "higher item level is better" category of gearing.

Square also massively increased the rewards. Minute for minute, I think it gives the most XP/rewards of any of the roulettes. So it's pretty much a wash. No one leaves the roulette in the middle (barring an emergency). If people sign up for it, they know what they're getting into, and they stay to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    I think that, at the very tip top level, penta-melded crafted gear is better than higher item tomestone gear, and the recommendations won't take that into account. But by and large, the gear recommendation is correct. FFXIV is solidly in the "higher item level is better" category of gearing.
    It can be but it comes down to secondary stats and what your class wants.
    If all secondaries are equal it evens itself out b/c of the increased main stat.

In savage, the extra vit can also give you a bit more breathing room, so take that into account too.

Well, made 8 digits worth of profits off of the first day of new crafted stuff being out. (About 25 million) Wish I had prepared more, but still have some stuff to sell. Folks that prepared made 100 million+, I'm sure.

Dying down a lot now, of course. The initial rush was nuts, though.

Yay.

I think it just equips the highest ilvl gear. Does not take into any other consideration other than that as far as I know.
    In savage, the extra vit can also give you a bit more breathing room, so take that into account too.
    No more vit materias though.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    FFXIV is solidly in the "higher item level is better" category of gearing.
    Are you SURE about that?

(Just a funny example, not really disagreeing)