10+ Year Old Account
    Back again with yet another question, so now that i am above 50 i have access to unlocking all the hard modes is that should i should invest time in or should i simply focus on the MSQ and get that progressed as far along as possible? What about the tomes worth collecting the allagan ones already or is that more outdated content?

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Back again with yet another question, so now that i am above 50 i have access to unlocking all the hard modes is that should i should invest time in or should i simply focus on the MSQ and get that progressed as far along as possible? What about the tomes worth collecting the allagan ones already or is that more outdated content?
    the 3 primal hard modes are required to progress the MSQ

the actual item tomestones aren't really worth collecting unless you want stuff for glamour

Allagan Tomestones of Poetics can be used to buy ilvl 120/260/390 gear as well as 1000 for your level 80 relic weapon offspecs
    Last edited by Nasuuna; 2020-04-12 at 06:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    the 3 primal hard modes are required to progress the MSQ

the actual item tomestones aren't really worth collecting unless you want stuff for glamour

Allagan Tomestones of Poetics can be used to buy ilvl 120/260/390 gear as well as 1000 for your level 80 relic weapon offspecs
    Aha thank you.

Already did Ifrit and wasn't that hard most likely got carried but seems easy enough to do with pugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd unlock all the hard modes (dungeons and trials), I would not bother with extreme trials for now.
    Hard modes are a prerequisite for some of the random dungeon/trial roulettes and those give neat xp. Unless they finally managed to code them dynamically that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Already did Ifrit and wasn't that hard most likely got carried but seems easy enough to do with pugs.
    Hard modes aren't hard. They are merely 8man versions of story trials.
    Extreme modes are meaner.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it depends on what you want from the game. If you have friends waiting at 80 then I guess you could skip a lot of the dungeons and just go HAM on the MSQ. If you don't then I'd say it's worth it to do the dungeons. They're pretty fun and give you more practice learning the encounter language the game has which will serve you at higher levels.

That being said I would certainly do the Alliance Raids. The level 50 one has ties into Shadowbringers so you'll get more out of it if you do that series before then. The level 70 one is required for the level 80 relic weapons. The level 60 one as far as I know isn't directly tied into anything but it's fun and you get some cool glamour from it. Plus unlocking some of them unlocks more roulettes.

Personally I took my time and over three months I did all the MSQ plus all the dungeons and raids as I went (except Binding Coil because the Ques are super long) and I had an amazing time. Patch 5.3 is probably not going to be hitting until July so you still have time to kill before the new content is out anyways. I'd do as much side content as you want and then move on.

Oh also one more point is that doing all the dungeons and stuff will help you level up so you can stay ahead of the MSQ. If you don't do it you'll have to do a lot of Leveling Roulettes and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Hard modes aren't hard. They are merely 8man versions of story trials.
    Extreme modes are meaner.
    Titan Extreme... The landslides... The landslides... *goes and has a nightmare about it*

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I guess it depends on what you want from the game. If you have friends waiting at 80 then I guess you could skip a lot of the dungeons and just go HAM on the MSQ. If you don't then I'd say it's worth it to do the dungeons. They're pretty fun and give you more practice learning the encounter language the game has which will serve you at higher levels.

That being said I would certainly do the Alliance Raids. The level 50 one has ties into Shadowbringers so you'll get more out of it if you do that series before then. The level 70 one is required for the level 80 relic weapons. The level 60 one as far as I know isn't directly tied into anything but it's fun and you get some cool glamour from it. Plus unlocking some of them unlocks more roulettes.

Personally I took my time and over three months I did all the MSQ plus all the dungeons and raids as I went (except Binding Coil because the Ques are super long) and I had an amazing time. Patch 5.3 is probably not going to be hitting until July so you still have time to kill before the new content is out anyways. I'd do as much side content as you want and then move on.

Oh also one more point is that doing all the dungeons and stuff will help you level up so you can stay ahead of the MSQ. If you don't do it you'll have to do a lot of Leveling Roulettes and such.
    I pretty much agree with this. I find it worth to unlock the dungeons/alliance raids purely so you have more variety in alliance raid roulette (pretty much the 2nd/3rd best for Exp roulette) and if you decide the 50/60/70 roulette.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Granyala and @Poppincaps thanks for the answers

Yes doing the daily roulettes to stay a bit ahead but i don't think levelling will be an issue till far later, unlocking everything and doing the dungeons at least once till i know them.

Spending tomes now on Ironwork gear simply to get some gear upgrades and it appears to be capped at 2K anyway so i am sure i will be fine on spending it on that for now. Think i am doing alright on the damage side but without installing an actual meter hard to say really.

Good to know that some dungeon content ties in with the future story.

Also notice i got a relic weapon quest now but it appears to have worse stats than something i bought of the market place so not sure i will bother much with it unless it's needed to upgrade later on.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes doing the daily roulettes to stay a bit ahead but i don't think levelling will be an issue till far later, unlocking everything and doing the dungeons at least once till i know them.

Spending tomes now on Ironwork gear simply to get some gear upgrades and it appears to be capped at 2K anyway so i am sure i will be fine on spending it on that for now. Think i am doing alright on the damage side but without installing an actual meter hard to say really.

Also notice i got a relic weapon quest now but it appears to have worse stats than something i bought of the market place so not sure i will bother much with it unless it's needed to upgrade later on.
    The level 50/60/70 relic is pretty much only for glamour at this point. If we want to get super technical even the current level 80 one isn't the best but its very close to current top, near the end of the expack though it'll be a top weapon though (this is coming from someone who has never gotten a relic very far and does 0 savage/expert) (even though I want to try expert trials).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Titan Extreme... The landslides... The landslides... *goes and has a nightmare about it*
    *chuckles* yeah ... that was indeed ugly, esp given the laggy nature of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    *chuckles* yeah ... that was indeed ugly, esp given the laggy nature of the game.
    I played a DRG at the time... The terror of asking myself "Is it safe to use any of my jumps?" for the entire fight was not fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hildibrand quest line has got to be one of the most absurd ones i have ever done.
    @listo95 thanks for the explanation on relics, guessing it is something you upgrade through raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hildibrand quest line has got to be one of the most absurd ones i have ever done.
    @listo95 thanks for the explanation on relics, guessing it is something you upgrade through raiding.
    From what I recall about ARR/SB (I only ever got to atma for ARRfor that one so yeah) it has very little to do with raiding. ARRs is mostly doing stuff out in the world and SBs was doing stuff in Eureka. (anyone correct me if I'm wrong)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    From what I recall about ARR/SB (I only ever got to atma for ARRfor that one so yeah) it has very little to do with raiding. ARRs is mostly doing stuff out in the world and SBs was doing stuff in Eureka. (anyone correct me if I'm wrong)
    Was more looking at your comment at saying the 80 ones will be top near the end of the expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    The relic is casual content, so there's not much raiding involved in it in general. ARR is mainly a time/gil sink. Biggest roadblocks for people on it are the animus books (kill a bunch of mobs, do some fates and leves, run a couple of dungeons. The fates being the biggest pain of the book since many of them are longish respawn or don't appear very often) and the novus/zodiac stage (novus upgrade requires materia so that can be expensive if you don't have some low grade materia sitting around and zodiac gets expensive if you don't have crafters).

But yeah all in all, don't have to step into a raid at all for relics, worst they ask of you is to do dungeons. They aren't BiS until the end of an expac.

Is there a way to transfer a character from one data center to another? Playing with freinds but its getting kinda old leveling up a new toon.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Is there a way to transfer a character from one data center to another? Playing with freinds but its getting kinda old leveling up a new toon.
    Should be apart of the standard server transfer process, just follow these steps.

Looked around for that that and didnt notice it. Thanks lol!

The Hildibrand quests are intended to be absurd, that's part of their charm. I absolutely loved them because of how wacky they were.

The relic quests aren't necessarily upgraded through raiding, in fact that vast majority of them require no raiding at all (though some aspects go faster in a raid). It's mainly just a HUGE amount of time spent on doing relatively mundane tasks. It's supposed to be a grind.

- - - Updated - - -

Was more looking at your comment at saying the 80 ones will be top near the end of the expansion.
    There's no indication yet that the relics will require raiding to advance. If the ones for the last 3 parts of the game are any indication, you won't be required to raid at all, but some aspects of the grind may be accelerated if you do them in a raid.

if you are overcapping tomes you can upgrade ironworks to 130 here
    https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Drake

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The Hildibrand quests are intended to be absurd, that's part of their charm. I absolutely loved them because of how wacky they were.

The relic quests aren't necessarily upgraded through raiding, in fact that vast majority of them require no raiding at all (though some aspects go faster in a raid). It's mainly just a HUGE amount of time spent on doing relatively mundane tasks. It's supposed to be a grind.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no indication yet that the relics will require raiding to advance. If the ones for the last 3 parts of the game are any indication, you won't be required to raid at all, but some aspects of the grind may be accelerated if you do them in a raid.
    Oh not saying it wasn't fun, didn't expect them to put gilgamesh in them, can't seem to find many groups for that though
    So it's basically a way to get geared by not raiding, gotcha thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    if you are overcapping tomes you can upgrade ironworks to 130 here
    https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Drake
    Oh neat, thanks for pointing that out!