Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Which, yeah, just made then cheapening even more pronounced when you come back to the group and he's just there. It's like, "Ok, fine, if you did all that and made that dramatic a scene and made us go through that whole encounter as him and all of that and he's just fine and dandy, then what's it gonna take for anyone to ever be in danger?"
    Which brings me to an interesting question: the scions are only in the first in spirit.
    Is it even possible for them to die? Would they just wake up in Eorzea if they did?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Which brings me to an interesting question: the scions are only in the first in spirit.
    Is it even possible for them to die? Would they just wake up in Eorzea if they did?
    That's the one element of the story I tried not to think too hard about, honestly. Because it'd just make me shake my head at the absurdity of the entire concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The point is whatever you want it to be. There's a segment of every mmo's playerbase that refuses to play with others and wants a purely solo experience. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people ask for this game alone if they can enjoy it solo. People play for all sorts of different reasons, that's really the point.. you can play it however you want to. I played WoW to hardcore raid for years in one of the top guilds in the US, when I'd talk with other people they were basically playing a different game with how differently we experienced it.

Also its a video game, they're all about the content.
    Actually, no mmos have been about exploring content with other players, at it's core. It's just been evolving into this "solo player mindset" thing because of demand. For whatever reason people want to be playing mmos but alone...

And my point wasn't really about how people want to play it, but if someone is getting bored because there's not enough content, perhaps they're playing it for the wrong reason. It's a silly thing to be complaining about. Just go into it as if it was a single player game then, and most single player games have a life span of like 30 hrs anyways. (some have more but usually because of grinding, which can be applied in ff14 as well).

As for your bolded, there are plenty of things that are boring alone, but more fun when doing with friends, and mmos are one of those things. (An example I can think of is an amusement park. Try going to one alone LOL, it's not the same).

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Actually, no mmos have been about exploring content with other players, at it's core. It's just been evolving into this "solo player mindset" thing because of demand. For whatever reason people want to be playing mmos but alone...

And my point wasn't really about how people want to play it, but if someone is getting bored because there's not enough content, perhaps they're playing it for the wrong reason. It's a silly thing to be complaining about. Just go into it as if it was a single player game then, and most single player games have a life span of like 30 hrs anyways. (some have more but usually because of grinding, which can be applied in ff14 as well).

As for your bolded, there are plenty of things that are boring alone, but more fun when doing with friends, and mmos are one of those things. (An example I can think of is an amusement park. Try going to one alone LOL, it's not the same).
    Again, extremely subjective.

And again, my initial comment applies: Of course it's about content, because I could do any number of things with friends, but we don't just do any random thing, we do things we enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    SAM is almost lvl 77 and, its the only job so far i've lvld in 70-80 bracket where its just boring its visually boring and everything also, like it hits hard at times and such but doesn't seem much was added at all.
    That's because not much was added. Single target Guren each two minutes, double Midares or Tenka Goken each minute.

I do like it though. Although I preferred the DoT-Hagakure-Midare cycle of SB instead of DoT-Midare-Midare of ShB ._.

Ya'll hatin on the story right now and this adorable young lady tryina keep it together: https://clips.twitch.tv/BlindingWrongElkBCouch
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Because it is annoying as hell to be always dependent on other players.
    Raids & dungeons are fun together. Open world questing/professions etc.... not so much.

Ya'll hatin on the story right now and this adorable young lady tryina keep it together: https://clips.twitch.tv/BlindingWrongElkBCouch
    they need to let her do every xpac story. shadowbringers was hands down the best so far.

Hey folks. I wanna get back into this game, but I've run into a doozy of a problem. I can't log into Account Management because I need a one time password from the app on my phone, but I can't use the app on my phone unless I get a password/code from inside my Account Management.

Figure I have to contact support, but wanted to know what I can expect from them as I very rarely have to deal with customer service for games.
    Any details I should provide in the ticket to make it go smooth as possible?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    they need to let her do every xpac story. shadowbringers was hands down the best so far.
    Definitely. Every story has some plot holes in it but I really enjoyed ShB and hope they can keep the momentum and impact in future patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Hey folks. I wanna get back into this game, but I've run into a doozy of a problem. I can't log into Account Management because I need a one time password from the app on my phone, but I can't use the app on my phone unless I get a password/code from inside my Account Management.

Figure I have to contact support, but wanted to know what I can expect from them as I very rarely have to deal with customer service for games.
    Any details I should provide in the ticket to make it go smooth as possible?
    I'm confused, you need a password from inside your account management? Not just your normal password? If yes yeah you'll 100% have to contact support but that makes no sense to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Gotta be careful with that, if there's anything I've learned from comics its that even the greatest writers run out of story for a given universe and need to step away.

I'm confused, you need a password from inside your account management? Not just your normal password? If yes yeah you'll 100% have to contact support but that makes no sense to me.
    I have my ID and Password. They work. When I log into the Account Management, it asks for a One-Time Password. I go to my One Time password generator app on my phone. Start it up, and it asks for my ID, DoB and a registration password, which is something I can only get from inside my Account Management page.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I have my ID and Password. They work. When I log into the Account Management, it asks for a One-Time Password. I go to my One Time password generator app on my phone. Start it up, and it asks for my ID, DoB and a registration password, which is something I can only get from inside my Account Management page.
    It asks for your registration code? You'd be able to get that from wherever you bought the game. If you bought it online you should have an email or whatever.

It asks for your registration code? You'd be able to get that from wherever you bought the game. If you bought it online you should have an email or whatever.
    Nah, its a registration code for the app (it even says in brackets that its found in the account management).

I have all of these armor coffers I got from leveling and questing but it wasn't until around level 78 that I started getting gear that supplanted my Scaevan set. What do I do with this surplus of coffers I'll never use? Can I feed them to the Doman Restoration? After I cap weekly limit, then what? Turn them in for GC seals? What should I spend those seals on? (I'm First Lieutenant).

Or should I just vendor them all? Market Board?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I have all of these armor coffers I got from leveling and questing but it wasn't until around level 78 that I started getting gear that supplanted my Scaevan set. What do I do with this surplus of coffers I'll never use? Can I feed them to the Doman Restoration? After I cap weekly limit, then what? Turn them in for GC seals? What should I spend those seals on? (I'm First Lieutenant).

They can sell for a decent amount so it's best to open them and sell them on the market. I did it as healer and the prices were insane for a while though I suspect they've gone down since.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

I used some for the second job I levelled. Are all your other jobs max-geared?

I just made a ton off of the coffers by finding out which ones gave items that were used in crafting leves and switching to that class to open it, then selling it. But that was at the start of ShB when they were worth a bit more.

No point in missing out on a lot of 150k gil sales!

Finished the Shadowbringers MSQ a couple days ago but I've been mulling on my thoughts.

Spoiler: 

As usual, I had written a bunch of notes, but looking back I don't think I have much to say, so rather than post all of that I'll just write up my final thoughts.

Eulmore's situation post Vauthry
    Spoiler: 

Not fond of the preachiness in Eulmore. It's the stereotypical, one note "aristocrats are evil and should be nice to the commoners" crap, and completely ignores the implications of Vauthry's defeat. For a hundred years, the nation of Eulmore has been losing a war of attrition. With the flood having consumed most of the world, there is no world wide ocean. The ocean that Eulmore was a port to is still, with it's ecology completely wrecked. There are not enough fish in the ocean to sustain the populace of Eulmore, let alone the refugees outside the city. The once proud nation of Eulmore has been forced into a slow withdraw. By the time the story of ShB, Eulmore and Wright are the only remaining settlements. The village of Wright was once a prosperous town known for its ale, but now it can barely grow enough wheat to feed itself, with ale being an exceedingly rare commodity. The people of Wright are professional farmers, and even they are struggling to make ends meat given the famine and the poor soil. That means Eulmore can not count on getting any food from externals sources. Eulmore itself has no agrictultural or cattle farms and the fishing industry is dead. That leaves meol as their only food supply, which was cut off with Vauthry's overthrow. That means there is no food being generated. Once Alphinaud revealed to the people that meol was made of people, and with the practice of cannibalizing Sin Eaters at an end, Eulmore should have become a bloody free for all over the last scraps of meol in the city.

... What? You expect the Crystarium to transport food hundreds of mile from the interior of the continent to Kholusia to feed these lazy sobs? It has been established that even in the Crystarium, resources are scarce and the only way you're going to be fed and clothed is through hard work. The Crystarium isn't going to use their own scant, precious resources to feed the people of a foreign nation over their own, let alone the resources required to transport that food to Eulmore. It has also been established that Amaro's can't carry much. Even if the Crystarium somehow had a hundred spare Amaro on hand, they'd still have to fly hundreds of miles carrying a little bit of food to drop off and then fly back. A supply train by air would trickle in scant amounts of food and a supply train by foot would arrive too late and would be impossible to maintain itself.

... What? You expect the people of Eulmore to grow their own food? Please. Both the free citizens and the people of Gatetown are lazy bums who've become conditioned to sitting around and receiving free handouts. I don't know about you, but it can be pretty hard to break that conditioning. We already see it Western households today, where single childs face extreme difficulty trying to break into the work force as they are utterly unaccustomed to having to work for anything when they've grown up all their life at the center of attention and resources, whereas children with siblings had to COMPETE with each other for attention and resources. The people of Gatetown have been sitting in their slums, waiting for a handout of meol and then just sitting around talking or playing craps, while the free citizens just sit around and have fun. To expect them to turn around and expect them to start working harder than the farmers of Wright as they try to play catch up is preposterous. Even IF every inhabitant of Eulmore was willing to give their all toiling in the fields, they still wouldn't be fed. It takes months to grow food, and that's with good soil and properly maintained fields. Again, it's been established that the soil of Kholusia is poor. We don't even know what season it is when Vauthry is overthrown.

There are a dozen other problems with Eulmore's "liberation", but I believe I have made my point. By the rules of the world FFXIV has established, Eulmore is a goner. There's no coming back from this, except for maybe the handful of people who survived the trek from Eulmore to the Crystarium. Honestly, that was what should have happened: the Exarch sending his military forces to bring back as many people as possible, because no way they're going to maintain a supply line. But no, the game just trucks on and acts like "we've overthrown the evil aristocracy and now everyone can live together in peace!"

Emet-Selch was fine. He was interesting comic relief during the story but wasn't really explored. You only got hints of the character towards the end of the story, and then he immediately dies. Vauthry was entertaining. Ran'jit had a cool character design and an intriguing character introduction in the Occular, but they didn't do anything with him and he was just forgettable.

I'm kinda meh on Norvrandt. I cared about Doma and Ala Mhigo because they had been built up since ARR. Their history was intermingled with the history of the other nations of Eorzea. They had people we cared about. Ala Mhigo and Doma had presence. In contrast, I don't really remember any nations from Norvrandt. The Mord are a thing, I guess? The Night's Blessed are a thing, I guess? They are fairies off to the wayside, I guess? The only nations that mattered were Eulmore and the Crystarium, and they were disappointingly underdeveloped, their culture and people's barely explored at all. As usual, Shadowbringers suffers from the presentation problem, where the story apparently takes place on an AU counterpart to the entire Eorzean continent, but it certainly doesn't feel like a continent. Feels like a small island. Sure, there's talk about Eulmore and the Crystarium having armies. Too bad we didn't get to see them! (Just like Doma and Ala Mhigo, I might add). FFXIV seems doomed to always have great offscreen armies and battles. We didn't get to travel with any characters from the First (well, I guess First Minfilia technically counts...). Lynn was a party member for one early game dungeon and duty and then never came back again. Felt like the story was just us folks from the Source saving the First, with some tangential help from First NPCs every now and then.

Not fond of the ShB battle theme, the Lakeland day theme, and the Raktika day theme, the latter two are even more annoying because of the Everlasting Light, which meant I had to listen to those day themes for hours and hours on end while I did all of those sidequests. The zone were... okay. I think the Black Shroud, Coerthas, Dravanian Forelands, and the Ruby Sea will remain my favorite zones in the game. The Crystarium feels sparsely populated compared to Kugane. I suppose it's because the Crystarium has these massive, sweeping spaces and ampitheaters which dwarf their occupants, while Kugane feels more populated because the narrower sections emphasize the NPCs in them, but even then I swear Kugane has more NPCs. I think I'll go back to alternating between chilling in Limsa and Kugane.

On the plus side, ShB didn't have any deadweight party members like Ysayle or Lyse either. Props to First Minfilia for actually being a likeable character!

ShB has outstanding cutscene presentation. The Amaurot dungeon was also very well presented, very chilling. Really great effects and animations for the collapsing wall on the first boss and the collapsing buildings throughout the level, though I'd imagine the novelty of the dungeon will wear off on subsequent reruns through a roulette.

From my notes right after the first Imperial Palace scene halfway through the MSQ:
    Not much to say about the scene itself, but once again I do like it that the Ascians are not being treated as if all of their plans go perfectly right until the last moment or that everything was their intention all along. It is especially infuriating when our heroes go to great lengths to stop the supernatural evil organization and the bad guys when at every turn, or everything the heroes do only furthers the bad guy's objective. 'Trails is the most guilty of this with Ouroboros. Here, I really like how Elidibus is straight up irritated by Zenos' presence. What makes it even more enjoyable is that Elidibus isn't being pissed off by losing to the almighty hero, but that he is being challenged by just another guy in the universe, who has his own objective, which so happens to collide with Elidibus', and Elidibus is about to be in for the fight of his life. If Zenos manages to kill Elidibus or otherwise kick him out of his body, I will be very pleased. It'd be a great plot derailment and make the story more interesting, as Elidibus would be on his backfoot and legitimately trying to crawl his way back into a position where he can do something.
    And woo am I so glad my wish came true! Emperor Boring is dead and Zenos is back! He is far and away the most entertaining antagonist in the game. I'm curious to see how he will up his game, considering the WoL apparently killed Zenos Elidibus in the original timeline (as seen in the ShB cinematic, with no G'raha Tia voice disorienting the WoL at a decisive moment). Obviously Gaius didn't die but I imagine he lost a limb there.

I'm guessing the terrors that plagued Amaurot (or whatever started the catastrophe) are going to wind up being the final antagonists.

I'm guessing that thing out in the Empty is a spaceship? I'm guessing that's how the Scions will get back to the Source. Will have to do Eden to find out.

Shadowbringers was good, albeit overhyped, but nonetheless good.

I'm going to casually level up the other classes and work my way through the Hildibrand storyline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    I used some for the second job I levelled. Are all your other jobs max-geared?
    Scaevan sets for healer and tank. I found a few upgrades for my DRK, but in retrospect it doesn't seem like it's all that important considering I'm being scaled down the lower level dungeon roulettes anyway, and if I'm doing world content it's easy fates.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-09-03 at 09:53 PM.

I'm surprised you're such a big fan of Zenos, since I've been under the impression most people believe he's a very boring, one dimensional villain. I was kind of upset that he was still alive honestly xD Compared to Emet, he's just very bland. "I have no purpose and just want to destroy everything, for no reason!" Now that's a compelling villain, where have I heard that before? Oh right, literally everywhere :P
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*