Hey, it's Genji.

Cyborg Ninja Raiden from Metal Gear Solid was my first thought.

I quite like the new PvP gear. I'm glad it's tied to wolf marks rather than ranked PvP.

I think the new hairstyle is based off of Bartz? I'll have to see how it looks in-game but it's one I might consider using for a bit of variety.

I'm glad we're finally getting the 'lean' emote. Great for going AFK in a stylish fashion!

Dat king Mog nerf .... I kinda feel sorry for the guy.
    Cojones ... gone.

Prelim notes for 5.1 its a long one, tons of QoL updates and other changes.

I'm digging the gatherer changes.

Auto stealth and no longer crawling speed?
    Quick gathering (no more wonky keyboard macto)?

Yes, please!

Them crafter changes look scary though.

So far the new patch is a home run but some of the Balance changes rly miss the mark. Fortunately balance in this game means every job is viable.

Specifically:

Dragoons got several chunky potency buffs? What??? They are already over performing.

Bards got more utility but got potency nerfs and Battle Voice STILL doesn't work on them, yet Battle Litany does?? Based on this I don't expect new buffs to benefit the Bard at all. Makes no sense.

Range DPS are still largely ass aside from Bard, Dancer should be in a much better spot but Mch is virtually unchanged and still doesn't bring anything to the table.

Still have to wait to see how it plays out but I won't be surprised at all if there are hotfixes.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I'm digging the gatherer changes.

Auto stealth and no longer crawling speed?
    Quick gathering (no more wonky keyboard macto)?

Yes, please!
    Preparations (Cordials) up.
    Spoiler: 

Them crafter changes look scary though.
    Sure does. Have been heavily grinding White/Yellow Crafting Scrips for VII and VIII materias.
    As a note; you should craft your Facet pieces before the patch drops, so you can exchange those for the upgrade tokens (end product i460 Aug. Facet).

AAAAaand it looks like it's Refined Natron grinding tonight/tomorrow. Got to prepare the overmelding materias.
    Spoiler: 

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    [...]
    Specifically:

Dragoons got several chunky potency buffs? What??? They are already over performing.[...]
    Personally, I love the Blood of the Dragoon CD reduction. Just as with MNKs prior to the Form Shift refresh (in regards to stacks), the only way to refresh it was extending the first use higher than the CD. Now, unless you get stunned/pacified, you can maintain it indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    So far the new patch is a home run but some of the Balance changes rly miss the mark. Fortunately balance in this game means every job is viable.

Specifically:

Dragoons got several chunky potency buffs? What??? They are already over performing.
    All the skills that got buffed are on a 30s+ CD.
    They buffed DRG DPS by like... 1%.

Range DPS are still largely ass aside from Bard, Dancer should be in a much better spot but Mch is virtually unchanged and still doesn't bring anything to the table.
    Still have to wait to see how it plays out but I won't be surprised at all if there are hotfixes.
    The buff to MCH is basically equal to the DNC buff, actually, the MCH buff is bigger because 5% of their damage > 5% of dancer damage.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-10-25 at 09:48 PM.

nice you can undersize the rathalos fight now might just have to farm the mount.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    As a note; you should craft your Facet pieces before the patch drops, so you can exchange those for the upgrade tokens (end product i460 Aug. Facet).
    Why?
    My char already wears i460/470 from savage.

Would like a few flavor functions added to make things more alive. Like Scholar Fairy's interacting with ech other or sitting on your shoulder :<

Why?
    My char already wears i460/470 from savage.
    Just a stray thought, considering we don't know how the Crafting/Gathering Calamity will go as far as current recipes goes, the chance for higher profit and convenience plays out in crafting before the patch drops.
    That way, you can gauge the markets and fill in when needed, as well as being ahead of tokens should you require some for another job. (Augmented Facet gear pieces) The limiting factor when the patch drops would obviously be the amount of Rain needed, but shouldn't hinder one much if they are doing the roulettes for for weekly Phantasmagoria / doing dungeons for fun.

I have everything in 80 (my fault, really), and want to have all jobs up-to-date so that I may not be a liability for others (esp. as a tank/healer). That's why I'm farming tons of Scrips as well as going to create "cheap" (material-wise) weapons and armor so I can trade it in at patch drop as well as exploring the grey and macro-filled bars being completely void of action.

I am quite looking forward to Tuesday.

I'm far too lazy to maintain multiple combat classes. DRK has enough to tank experts and WHM is my raidmain.

Thankfully I am sitting on 100M gil and have a medium house, so not much need on that front either. I mostly craft to be self sufficient.

I just want a house. Any house. A small one is fine.

Decided I wanted to get a pretty glowing weapon. Eureka is out of the question given its infamy, and when I walked in there was barely 20 people in the menu. Walked back out. According to the internet, the HW and ARR weapons are supposed to be easier to obtain. Looked through the designs, thought that the Ninja Yoshimitsu Animus and Novus blades looked cool.

Welp, it's a pain in the ass. For the Atma stage, you have to collect 12 different atma crystals. Each crystal supposedly has a 25% chance to drop from fates in its respective zone. Welp, I call bollocks on that. Spent an hour in Upper La Noscea and another hour in Western Thanalan farming FATEs nonstop. Took 20 FATEs in each zone for the crystal to finally drop. Exhausting, but alright, hard part is done, right?

Well, no. For the Zodiac stage, you have to complete nine books, similar to Khloe's weekly logbook. You can only work on one book at a time. In each book, you must slay specific enemies in specific zones, which is already a couple hours of hunting right there. Then you have to queue for and complete three specific dungeons (so upwards of 30 minutes in queue, and then another 15-30 minutes in the actual dungeon itself). Then you have to complete specific FATEs, which are on spawn timers outside of your control. Then you have to do guildleves... that last part is actually pretty easy, I guess. But you have to go through this process eight more times, just to complete this stage.

It's not difficult, just incredibly tedious. I have no motivation to do this again for any other relic weapon, and I'm thinking I'll stop once I complete the Novus version. The completed Zeta weapon looks ridiculous, but at that points perhaps I mind as well go for it and grab the achievement. I guess this is supposed to be a timesink for people who really don't care? You'd think people would prefer to do something actually enjoyable, but I can't see why people would choose to dedicate a dozen hours to this per weapon over having fun, like playing leveling up classes, progressing through Beast tribe reputations, or playing the Gold Saucer.

I'm curious as to what the ShB relic weapon quest gimmick will be.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's not difficult, just incredibly tedious.
    Relic weapons in a nutshell.
    I hope they don't do any more of them.

Keep in mind though, that originally the grind was spread out over 2 years. There were no nerfs, no 100% drop rates etc.

You think 20 Fates is rough? Try 120+ per atma (pre nerf).

Just buy a nice weapon glam off the market board. There's enough of a variety of em now, at least.

Well, things are looking up! My partner in crime and I decided to move from Balmung to Cerberus. The ping is a lot better, so that's a major perk, plus despite all the housing wards being 'full' I was lucky enough to snag a small plot right next to the beach in Mist. I'd like to upgrade to a medium or large in the future but I'm in no rush since an apartment and a small house is plenty already.

Relic weapons in a nutshell.
    I hope they don't do any more of them.

Keep in mind though, that originally the grind was spread out over 2 years. There were no nerfs, no 100% drop rates etc.

You think 20 Fates is rough? Try 120+ per atma (pre nerf).
    The original atma questline made me quit in ARR.

Gordias made me quit in HW (bear in mind that I LOVED Gordias). There just wasn't enough quality players on my server and recruiting was a nightmare back then without cross server.

In SB I was eventually able to complete my ARR relic and the HW one due to nerfed requirements, but when Eureka launched it basically forced me to take a break. I don't subscribe to that type of content and it being nearly all there was put me off.

In SHB - I eventually got bored because other than raiding there simply wasn't anything to do that I enjoyed but level alt jobs, through content I've ran ad nausea.

I'm resubbed now, because on of my wow buddies finally started playing. I want to help him experience end game (exs/savage) in the hopes he can convince my other friends to join if he likes it. Would love to have all my old WoW buddies working on ultimate. With pre-defined strats, we'd clear really quickly.

What nonsense a new relic brings will likely lead to me demise again.