Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post

Just found this on reddit. Afaik, the first one (falcon) is not obtainable in any other way.
    Yeah, the horse mounts and falcon mounts are supposidly rare drops from some savage fights. The horses are from ARR content that is soliable, so i'm going for the birds first (already got one). The falcon ignition does not catch my fancy i'll be honest. Doesn't look cool to me.

The remaining mounts are derterministic by maxing reputation with beast tribes and buying off their vendors. This saves the gil i guess. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    How many hours a night we talking though? It took my brother and I and one IRL friend nearly a month to get to ARR Endgame back in 2.1. We played nearly every single night for maybe 2 hours? So roughly 60 hours? He play like 8 hours a day or marathoned on the weekend lol?
    He put in a good bit of time as I think he's been home sick. Still fairly impressive to me as he drilled straight through MSQ and pretty much laser focused it with no distractions. No other jobs checked out, etc. Heck, I don't think he even made his retainers. He was just focused on getting to 50.

I think he's going to take an MSQ break and dabble in a few other things before resuming now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't the falcon a "stay subbed" reward at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Wasn't the falcon a "stay subbed" reward at some point?
    It was, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    He put in a good bit of time as I think he's been home sick. Still fairly impressive to me as he drilled straight through MSQ and pretty much laser focused it with no distractions. No other jobs checked out, etc. Heck, I don't think he even made his retainers. He was just focused on getting to 50.

I think he's going to take an MSQ break and dabble in a few other things before resuming now.
    Yeah, that's why I asked. Most people are like I did it in a week it's not that bad, and I'm like yeah if you have nothing but free time, no other obligations or responsibilities I could blitz through 60 hours of content in a few days too.

I'm guilty of this with the dark souls games. I always end up literally no lifing them because I can't put it down. Just one more area to explore, oh I died to a boss, run it back. Then oh well let me just see what the new area looks like, oh I found 2 new places. I shouldn't be here, I'm dying, but maybe I can sprint through and snag some good loot... my alarm goes off, what the fuck why is my alarm going off, it's 7am and I have a tennis match in an hour.

Spoiler alert, that tennis match DID NOT go well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I keep hoping I can find a game like that. Been a big issue recently, though.

Oh well, gotta keep digging.
    Yeah, I can't recall the last game that really grabbed me like that. Though I've been pretty dedicated clearing through Drakengard and I've got an empty weekend coming up I'm hoping to finish through Nier this weekend by no lifing it.

Yeah, I can't recall the last game that really grabbed me like that. Though I've been pretty dedicated clearing through Drakengard and I've got an empty weekend coming up I'm hoping to finish through Nier this weekend by no lifing it.
    Bloodborne. If you haven't yet and have access to a PS4. Xenogears is still hands down 100% my favorite game of all time, but Bloodborne was the first time a modern game blew me away. I couldn't get enough and ended up reading some huge like research paper written on it's lore. It's seriously that good.

Nier Automata was a game that I no-lifed pretty hard, but it took a toll on me to the point that I likely won't play it again for a very long time. It's not a bad game (nearly everything about it is pretty good) at all, but it's combat is tuned extremely poorly to the point where I had to turn on the hardest non- 1hko difficulty to get even a semblance of enjoyment from it, and I am using semblance as an exaggeration here.

Bloodborne. If you haven't yet and have access to a PS4. Xenogears is still hands down 100% my favorite game of all time, but Bloodborne was the first time a modern game blew me away. I couldn't get enough and ended up reading some huge like research paper written on it's lore. It's seriously that good.

Nier Automata was a game that I no-lifed pretty hard, but it took a toll on me to the point that I likely won't play it again for a very long time. It's not a bad game (nearly everything about it is pretty good) at all, but it's combat is tuned extremely poorly to the point where I had to turn on the hardest non- 1hko difficulty to get even a semblance of enjoyment from it, and I am using semblance as an exaggeration here.
    You'd love the final boss of Drakengard's Ending E then. First half of the fight is fine. Second half you have to hit your 42 button pattern perfect or it's instant death and start over. Or you'd just clear in after seeing it once, I dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yaay, Eden savage 2 is finally down.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd love the final boss of Drakengard's Ending E then. First half of the fight is fine. Second half you have to hit your 42 button pattern perfect or it's instant death and start over. Or you'd just clear in after seeing it once, I dunno.
    Rhythm game also exists in the 3rd one. I spent hours trying to do it blind (so to speak) before I just went and looked up the entire sequence of the damn thing before trying again so I know what unknown notes there was.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2019-10-04 at 01:24 AM.

That actually sounds cabbage. I like fair, but punishing gameplay, not stuff like that. You should know that since I commonly complain about FF14 using this exact raid design methodology.

E2S is a perfect example of this too. A simple mechanical fight with the only genuine complexity at the end of the fight 8 minutes in making learning it a pain. (I remember Iron Maidens in BRF being the same way, trivial to beat the first 10 mins, but the fight doesn't even start until you kill one of the sisters and then it's like a 2-3 minute burn of shit going to hell and just desperately trying to survive).

I actually believe some of their best designed fights are their gatekeeper fights (Exdeath, Kefka, etc.) because they're like 4 and a half minutes of just high octane, interesting mechanics. A lot of the longer savage fights have whole minutes of just nothing happening sometimes.

When you get to Automata you'll see what I'm talking about. Some of the bosses literally just stand there and do nothing and let you beat on them unabated. The chip system allows you to be insanely strong, super early in the game by simply reading tooltips. I didn't even need a guide to optimize.

Yaay, Eden savage 2 is finally down.
    Congrats Homie. Sooner than you expected to clear it. What pushed you guys over? Did the weak links just get good or was it tome ilvl?

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats Homie. Sooner than you expected to clear it. What pushed you guys over? Did the weak links just get good or was it tome ilvl?
    Thanks.
    Hmm not that much sooner. In general it was the influx of gear that made it possible.
    I mean we're basically done with the tome gear at this point and everyone has everything from E1s they wanted.

We had 72.4K DPS in the kill try.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2019-10-04 at 02:55 PM.

Thanks.
    Hmm not that much sooner. In general it was the influx of gear that made it possible.
    I mean we're basically done with the tome gear at this point and everyone has everything from E1s they wanted.

We had 72.4K DPS in the kill try.
    What ilvl are you guys rn? I assume like 463? I'm honestly surprised gear carried the death and damage downs.

The good news is that E3S is easier. It's a tighter heal check for sure (tanks will want to work out invuln usage and cooldowns for smokers ahead of time) and if your people can follow vids it's not hard mechanically. The DPS check while tight is considerably more lenient feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    What ilvl are you guys rn? I assume like 463? I'm honestly surprised gear carried the death and damage downs.
    Yup sounds about right.
    Gear didn't carry us alone, we had only 1 death and a few damage downs in the last phase. Inconsequential when you push 76K DPS before that. It was close though, he already had casted the last of the 3 consecutive quietus casts.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Rhythm game also exists in the 3rd one. I spent hours trying to do it blind (so to speak) before I just went and looked up the entire sequence of the damn thing before trying again so I know what unknown notes there was.
    Yeah, I saw a comment of "When I beat that, I was relieved to know I'd never have to do that aga-- *sees Drakengard 3* Dammit"

does the game have any fun/flavor related things to do besides the usual raiding, leveling, exploration and dungeoning?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    does the game have any fun/flavor related things to do besides the usual raiding, leveling, exploration and dungeoning?
    Bunch of simplistic minigames in Gold Saucer, housing, crafting (which is essentially minigame too).
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, there's lots of little stuff, but it's all pretty niche. Like the fashion report thing, all the games in Gold Saucer (Some are just silly button mashing, some are kinda involved. Mahjong, Triple Triad...kinda...Verminion might be, if it wasn't lame and anyone actually did it.) Chocobo raising and racing, Hildebrand side quests which are basically just a set of silly humorous cutscenes with the occasional trial tossed in. Housing, gardening, um...probably lots more stuff...

Like most such "side content" though, it always makes me ask, "If you want to do that, why not just log off and play a game dedicated to it or something similar?"
    its mostly because MMOs are social, so if you can play your avatar and play mahjong for example you just play it and do everything in one area. While relogging to a different game isn't much for us, it can be a annoying barrier for others.

well as long as I can get my fashion on ill be happy

I bought the game officially! but looks like there was an issue and they told me I have to wait 48 hours for the payment to register.

*sigh* Square Enix needs to work on its website and market infrastructure. I remember how stuff was like this in the past long ago and Steam has spoilt us thoroughly..

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Designing glamour sets.... it's the true endgame.