1. #47301
    well as long as I can get my fashion on ill be happy

    I bought the game officially! but looks like there was an issue and they told me I have to wait 48 hours for the payment to register.

    *sigh* Square Enix needs to work on its website and market infrastructure. I remember how stuff was like this in the past long ago and Steam has spoilt us thoroughly..

  2. #47302
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    does the game have any fun/flavor related things to do besides the usual raiding, leveling, exploration and dungeoning?
    Designing glamour sets.... it's the true endgame.

  3. #47303
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    does the game have any fun/flavor related things to do besides the usual raiding, leveling, exploration and dungeoning?
    -Lords of Verminion aka minion autochess
    -Raising, breeding and racing chobobos
    -Collecting triple triad cards and beating all the players around the world
    -Majhong at the golden saucer
    -Deep dungeon for pets, gear and mounts
    -Diadem/Eureka for the same
    -Gardening where you raise plants and cross breed them and stuff
    -Monster Hunts
    -Fates and world bosses which in ShB includes a new 'shared fate' system for stuff like chocobo armours and easy crafting mats
    -Treasure maps and treasure dungeons
    -Crafting and gathering with all their questlines
    -Deliveries
    -Khloes book
    -PVP
    -Housing including stuff like airship expeditions in free companies
    -levelling a squadron of npcs with your grand company
    -Relics
    -Chasing achievements for mounts, gear and things like special glowing tools and the like
    -Challenge logs

    Off the top of my head.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  4. #47304
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    does the game have any fun/flavor related things to do besides the usual raiding, leveling, exploration and dungeoning?
    In addition to @dope_danny 's list, I would add.... walk around towns and cities and pay attention to flavor text over NPCs. There's some funny stuff out there. There are also a lot of NPCs you can talk to who have different dialogue at different points of the game. I imagine there's mountains of dialogue that people don't realize is out there. I'm not sure it's enough to be considered a fun thing, but definitely flavor thing in regards to the world.

    There are also vistas to collect. Find places on the map (in ARR there was no real indicator. You had to decipher riddles to find the right place, sometimes at the right time/weather condition, and do the right emote to unlock them. HW onward they're visible and easier to get) and after you've unlocked it, you can go to an NPC and get that image as a painting to put in your house/room/apt. You can also choose how big said painting is from three sizes.

    I *still* need to go back and do the Moogle mail carrier questline myself.

  5. #47305
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    In addition to @dope_danny 's list, I would add.... walk around towns and cities and pay attention to flavor text over NPCs. There's some funny stuff out there. There are also a lot of NPCs you can talk to who have different dialogue at different points of the game. I imagine there's mountains of dialogue that people don't realize is out there. I'm not sure it's enough to be considered a fun thing, but definitely flavor thing in regards to the world.

    There are also vistas to collect. Find places on the map (in ARR there was no real indicator. You had to decipher riddles to find the right place, sometimes at the right time/weather condition, and do the right emote to unlock them. HW onward they're visible and easier to get) and after you've unlocked it, you can go to an NPC and get that image as a painting to put in your house/room/apt. You can also choose how big said painting is from three sizes.

    I *still* need to go back and do the Moogle mail carrier questline myself.
    oh alright. now that bit about the vista paintings in your home IS fascinating!

  6. #47306

  7. #47307
    Anyone have highlights? Work has it blocked for me. -_-

  8. #47308
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Anyone have highlights? Work has it blocked for me. -_-
    Nier Automata Raid in FFXIV. 2P(B), 9S, round head robots, giant robot cranes, Red orb spam, Brute justice, cruise chaser, Alexander prime ultimate!

    White Clorination Syndrome spreading all over Hydaelyn infecting all life. Villages found empty filled instead with shadow beings speaking indicipherably who we are tasked with wiping out completely for loot and resources.

    Well not that 2nd part but one can dream.

    Some stuff they showed in the stream



    Glam shop probably.

    The winner of the armor design will have their design adapted for all classes and races supposedly. no idea HOW to get them





    Last edited by Tenjen; 2019-10-18 at 04:55 PM.

  9. #47309
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Anyone have highlights? Work has it blocked for me. -_-
    Massive Morbol mount. But you can only get it by doing endgame BLU content.

    Also some mention of a 'song' and estinien fighting a new model of the ultima weapon that looks like a black rose deployer
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2019-10-18 at 05:25 PM.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  10. #47310
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Gotta admit not much of that trailer hyped me up. I never was a fan of the Nier collab in the first place so that does nothing for me and I'm still salty how the Garlean story is some side story that doesn't even actually involve us.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2019-10-18 at 05:17 PM.

  11. #47311
    • With Meditation stacks being obtained from abilities other than... Meditation, I might actually put Shoha on my bar.

    SHB 5.1 preview
    • Glad to hear we're getting a somewhat major Nu Mou NPC, even if he/she will only end up being the First's version of Matoya and will be forgotten after the story on the First is over.
    • I was under the impression that Gaius' gunblade didn't have a revolver, as it looked more like a IRL historical gunblade design where it was just a one shot.
    • I'm curious to see if we will actually get to play as Estinien during the segments in Garlemald, or if that will continue to remain "meanwhile, on the Source" cutscenes. I'd like to see Maxima pop up somewhere but I have a feeling it's just going to be the "Estinien/Gaius/Zenos" back and forth for a while.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Gotta admit not much of that trailer hyped me up. I never was a fan of the Nier collab in the first place so that does nothing for me and I'm still salty how the Garlean story is some side story that doesn't even actually involve us.
    Man, it would have been so awesome if we could have actually played as Estinien for a bit while in Garlemald. First time, we're running through the Black Rose facility destroying vats and killing soldiers like usual, and then it ends with us bumping into Gaius. Second gameplay bit, we play as Estinien wandering around the streets of Garlemald, talking to NPCs, taking in the lore of the world, reading the inscriptions on monuments, gathering info, etc. Then again, that'd be a lot of work for what could be - at most - ten minute gameplay segments, especially if they'll never reuse those assets again (I'm not sure if the WoL will ever actually go to the locations seen in the cutscenes at this point; seems the Garlemald story is self-resolving without our involvement).

    Actually, I'd be totally down for playing as Estinien and having him be the one to defeat Zenos, without the WoL's involvement. The WoL will probably be too busy trying to fend off his alternate selves and trying to convince them "no, just because I'm called "The Warrior of Darkness" doesn't mean I'm actually evil! Let me explain...

    Kinda nice of Elidibus to bait the WoL's alternate selves to himself. Makes rejoining with all of them to become a complete being again nice and simple. That said, it does raise some questions, like who is going to fill in as superman in the WoL's absence on each of the other shards? There are various characters on the Source who can certainly handle matters in our absence, but when we landed on the First it feels like there was no superman who could do anything until the WoL from the Source showed up. What if there are no other worthy people to step up to the plate on the other shards? Taking their WoLs away from them could be very bad for those shards.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-10-18 at 09:07 PM.

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

  12. #47312
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    The winner of the armor design will have their design adapted for all classes and races supposedly. no idea HOW to get them
    Reminds me of the Arkham Knight lol.

  13. #47313
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Man, it would have been so awesome if we could have actually played as Estinien for a bit while in Garlemald. First time, we're running through the Black Rose facility destroying vats and killing soldiers like usual, and then it ends with us bumping into Gaius. Second gameplay bit, we play as Estinien wandering around the streets of Garlemald, talking to NPCs, taking in the lore of the world, reading the inscriptions on monuments, gathering info, etc. Then again, that'd be a lot of work for what could be - at most - ten minute gameplay segments, especially if they'll never reuse those assets again (I'm not sure if the WoL will ever actually go to the locations seen in the cutscenes at this point; seems the Garlemald story is self-resolving without our involvement).

    Actually, I'd be totally down for playing as Estinien and having him be the one to defeat Zenos, without the WoL's involvement. The WoL will probably be too busy trying to fend off his alternate selves and trying to convince them "no, just because I'm called "The Warrior of Darkness" doesn't mean I'm actually evil! Let me explain...

    Kinda nice of Elidibus to bait the WoL's alternate selves to himself. Makes rejoining with all of them to become a complete being again nice and simple. That said, it does raise some questions, like who is going to fill in as superman in the WoL's absence on each of the other shards? There are various characters on the Source who can certainly handle matters in our absence, but when we landed on the First it feels like there was no superman who could do anything until the WoL from the Source showed up. What if there are no other worthy people to step up to the plate on the other shards? Taking their WoLs away from them could be very bad for those shards.
    Remember, as seen on the First, there is more than one Warrior of Light.

  14. #47314
    Scarab Lord TriHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    KFC and Watermelon
    Posts
    4,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Reminds me of the Arkham Knight lol.
    Reminds me of Raiden from Metal Gear
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....8L._SY355_.jpg

  15. #47315
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar: Tsunako
    Posts
    15,033
    First thought was Raiden.

  16. #47316
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Transferred off of Balmung to Brynhildr and moved into a Shirogane apartment. Five hours later and I've yet to assemble anything that looks good.

    As I found out, I shot myself in the foot by... moving into a Shirogane apartment. The Shirogane ward sure is nice, but inside the actual apartment, I can't change the red siding. So I have to wall over it with partitions... which I can't put windows on. I haven't finished the Doman Enclave so I don't know if the Fool's Threshold item will even stick to the partitions. When I browse through houses posted online, it seems all of the nice Japanese style homes are in Lavendar Beds. Tried the "make a garden with light shining into house" idea, but I don't think I'll be able to shake off that ugly window (unless I also partition over that and only use light fixtures). Not sure what to do now. Going to experiment more tomorrow. Any ideas?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP1oWHeSzC0

  17. #47317
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

    Actually, I'd be totally down for playing as Estinien and having him be the one to defeat Zenos, without the WoL's involvement.
    It's easy to see that Zenos is our ultimate rival/enemy (at least until the end of the Zodiark story). They won't make him lose to Estinien, he's already stronger.

  18. #47318
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    It's easy to see that Zenos is our ultimate rival/enemy (at least until the end of the Zodiark story). They won't make him lose to Estinien, he's already stronger.
    Oh? I was under the impression that Estinien was probably one of the characters closest to the WoL in skill and strength, if not almost equal (aside from the WoL having eight times as much aether). In 3.0, Aymeric (or was it Alphinaud? I can't remember which) wanted to go with us to kill Nidhogg, but the point was made that only Estinien and the WoL were up to the task. When the WoL left the Source, Tataru sought out Estinien first to carry out our duties as superman.

    As for fighting Zenos specifically, Estinien is equipped with a skillset that should allow him to match Zenos' abilities. Speed is everything. Samurai can perform a near instant flash step, allowing him to cut down almost anyone he faces before they have a chance to react. Estinien is capable of super jumping near instantly as well (apparently he managed to jump in and snatch the WoL away from Elidibus-Zenos right as his sword was swinging down upon him). It reminds me of the versus debates in the Trails series. Sure, McBurn has the most raw power of any character in the series, capable of burning down an entire forest in a few seconds, but then you have characters like Joshua, Fie, and Rean, who can flash step and close the gap between them in a near instant and kill McBurn before he has a chance to do anything (which, for some reason, nobody seems to do...). Zenos and Estinien are probably the fastest characters in the FFXIV setting. Otherwise, Zenos was seen casually blocking Lyse's punches, but as a Dragoon, Estinien can infuse his spear with the necessary power to break through Zenos' blocks.

    I think Estinien can definitely take on vanilla, Zenos. Where things start getting complicated is when you factor in the Resonant. During 3.0, we saw Fordola - a woman who had only JUST BEEN IMBUED WITH THE RESONANT - capable of Matrix level dodging. At the end of 5.0, when Gaius charged Zenos, I thought that the reason why Estinien was shouting at Gaius to wait was because he was afraid that Zenos would superhumanly draw his sword and chop Gaius' arm off or something like that.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-10-20 at 07:03 AM.

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

  19. #47319
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Remember, as seen on the First, there is more than one Warrior of Light.
    What do you mean as seen on The First? The First had a WoL, and what, four or five of the other shards have a WoL. There's only 1 WoL per shard, unless you're referring to the Hades fight, where the Exarch summons champions, aka 7 other heroes that always fight along side us since the beginning of the game and are not WoL's. The Exarch summoned 7 pillars, and since there are not even 7 shards left, they're certainly not WoL's.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

  20. #47320
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    What do you mean as seen on The First? The First had a WoL, and what, four or five of the other shards have a WoL. There's only 1 WoL per shard, unless you're referring to the Hades fight, where the Exarch summons champions, aka 7 other heroes that always fight along side us since the beginning of the game and are not WoL's. The Exarch summoned 7 pillars, and since there are not even 7 shards left, they're certainly not WoL's.
    I think he's talking about Ardbert's companions, who were called "Warriors of Light/Darkness". However, they are not soul fragments of THE WoL/14th Convocation member, the legendary hero spoken of throughout history, such as when the WoL rose up to fight Xande. They're just other echo users like Arenvald and Krile.

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •