Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • New quest for upgradeable equipment. (I'm guessing this is going to be the ShB relic series, don't know if it's going to be another weapon). Story focused around the home of the Hrothgar (on the Source or the First?). Story will continue after 5.2.
    Bozja Citadel is on the source.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Bozja Citadel is on the source.
    Then I guess that will be our glimpse of Ilsabard?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

Then I guess that will be our glimpse of Ilsabard?
    Along with the new trial side quests, ya probably.

Q&A
    • Soken's favorite ShB song is "Tomorrow and Tomorrow". He particularly loves the vocal part.
    • Yoshida initially didn't think that the Kholusia music fitted what was in his head, but Ishikawa resisted and stuck with it
    Same here, the voice in the beginning always gets to me.

Glad he did, the first Kholusia theme was incredible, way more atmospheric than the one we got after the story.

• Umbrellas
    *pushes everything else off the table*

What else about these umbrella's? When will we get a preview?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    *pushes everything else off the table*

What else about these umbrella's? When will we get a preview?
    It was just a point on a slide. Nothing else said.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

Umbrellas were mentioned ages ago as a potential mount, so I'd wager that's what is being referred to this time around as well.

• 30% off sale on Mogstation items
    [/list]

Ended at 10:30 PM PST
    When is the mogstation sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    When is the mogstation sale?
    Until Monday, January 19, 2020. Don't know when the start date is.

hope we get a eureka-like area this patch. need a new time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    hope we get a eureka-like area this patch. need a new time sink.
    Damn, you must be desperate if you want such a grindfest only to spend time in a videogame.

God...damnit. I was googling artists that drew FFXIV player characters so I could commission a piece for my small group of friends and one of the links players suggested in an old thread lead to a twitter account of a very skilled artist that had announced he was committing suicide. Of which, he apparently followed through on according to the comments. I feel so fucking depressed right now...

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    [SNIP]
    As @Faroth already said though, those principals and everything you're describing are already clearly on display in pretty much every MMO out there through the construct of the game itself as a function of the grouping system and having to work together to clear the content.

The only ting they would have needed to do was have the dialogue call it out so that you paid attention to it, but IMO that would have been incredibly contrived and honestly most players would ignore it or just not care.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    As @Faroth already said though, those principals and everything you're describing are already clearly on display in pretty much every MMO out there through the construct of the game itself as a function of the grouping system and having to work together to clear the content.
    I would argue that those are a function of the game systems, not expressed though the mechanics. It's hard to examine the flaws and where those ideas break down through an automated system, where you can look at ways we take those ideas for granted and examine edge cases where those social rules break through a boss encounter.

I agree that it wouldn't be easy to do it, but it's absolutely something that is possible - And only possible in an environment where you're forced to interact with other players. Most of whom are complete strangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    God...damnit. I was googling artists that drew FFXIV player characters so I could commission a piece for my small group of friends and one of the links players suggested in an old thread lead to a twitter account of a very skilled artist that had announced he was committing suicide. Of which, he apparently followed through on according to the comments. I feel so fucking depressed right now...
    ouch. thats absolutely terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Damn, you must be desperate if you want such a grindfest only to spend time in a videogame.
    I think MMOs work best when they have content of varying "intensity". FFXIV is currently lacking in low-intensity content, other than maybe hunts, and that was niche Eureka filled. If FATEs were more active, they'd be a good substitute, but they seem to have died down.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    I think MMOs work best when they have content of varying "intensity". FFXIV is currently lacking in low-intensity content, other than maybe hunts, and that was niche Eureka filled. If FATEs were more active, they'd be a good substitute, but they seem to have died down.
    Define intensity within the context of what you're saying? I think I may have a different definition, and thus I actually argue FF14 is overflowing with low-intensity content. I'd be curious.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I would argue that those are a function of the game systems, not expressed though the mechanics. It's hard to examine the flaws and where those ideas break down through an automated system, where you can look at ways we take those ideas for granted and examine edge cases where those social rules break through a boss encounter.

I agree that it wouldn't be easy to do it, but it's absolutely something that is possible - And only possible in an environment where you're forced to interact with other players. Most of whom are complete strangers.
    I'd rather they try and capture these concepts through a story rather than through an encounter as the nuances and concepts would likely be lost on the vast majority of players if they were discussed or covered within the encounter itself.

To your point though, whether it's a function of the game system or not, the concepts already exist within the game, they're just not discussed within the context of those ideologies.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Low intensity is NOT sth that I would associate with the CTSS (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Simulator) a.k.a. Eureka.
    I thought that one was way more intense than even savage raiding. Not on a skill front of course but in terms of repetitive combat actions, Eureka felt extremely taxing. Oo

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'd rather they try and capture these concepts through a story rather than through an encounter as the nuances and concepts would likely be lost on the vast majority of players if they were discussed or covered within the encounter itself.

To your point though, whether it's a function of the game system or not, the concepts already exist within the game, they're just not discussed within the context of those ideologies.
    I've always considered multiplayer games to be a living form of a gordian knot - Where 2, 4, 24, 40 players etc are all tugging at the knot in different ways trying to get it undone. (At least until some Macedonian power gamer comes along and slices it in half)

That kind of setup, in my opinion, creates a blank canvas for the players to tell their own stories within the game. And if the mechanics of Engles were to encourage class struggles and the prolatariat to overthrow the established order, I'd consider that a huge triumph of game design. I don't think symbolising the philosophy with boss model designs or a story that's additional to the gameplay are really as impactful as living out those ideas yourself.

I realise that is an unpopular view here where people tend to prefer the story to be front and center, but hopefully this gives you some insight into my point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Define intensity within the context of what you're saying? I think I may have a different definition, and thus I actually argue FF14 is overflowing with low-intensity content. I'd be curious.
    I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but FF14 is my go to low intensity game. Then again, I don't really bother raiding, my gear is always the bare minimum for content I'm doing and has no materia in at all. It's a nice way just to switch off and just do whatever for an hour or so.

I realise that some of the Savage and EX modes are more intense content, and it's not that I consider myself incapable for completing them - In fact I'm 100% sure I could get them done, but I've done the hardcore raiding thing in WoW and I don't have the time or the patience for it anymore .

That kind of intense content is very sparse however. The vast majority of content requires very little of me and I'm perfectly okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Not on a skill front of course but in terms of repetitive combat actions, Eureka felt extremely taxing. Oo
    I actually enjoyed Eureka. It was a great place to put on some music, sit on my sofa and veg out for a while. That being said, I only did it in small doses. I can see why it would get tedious maxing everything out every week, especially on multiple jobs
    Last edited by StrawberryZebra; 2019-12-17 at 09:54 PM.