Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

For the next stage of your weapon, you get Loathsome memories from Bozja critical engagements, or from running the Crystal Tower raids.
    Is the new weapon out now?
    What Itemlevel does it have?

And can you provide the weapon name? I'd like to see if it's worth for transmogs.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    What Itemlevel does it have?
    The latest relic weapon upgrade is 5 ilevels behind the latest savage weapon. The latest savage gives out ilevel 535 weapons, so I'd imagine that the new relic weapon upgrades would be 530. EDIT: datamining says it might be 510 and 515, not sure.

I'd like to see if it's worth for transmogs.
    Gallery

- - - Updated - - -

I just finished Sycrus Tower and got only one Loathsome fragment at the end. Doing critical engagements is a far, far better time investment.

A Crystal Tower raid run takes about 20 minutes.

A CE only takes about 2-3 minutes. Sure, they might spawn once every 10-20 minutes, but you can spend that time alt tabbed out of FFXIV and browsing the web. So you only have to actually pay attention and play the game for 2-3 minutes to get your fragment. Beats spending 20 minutes playing the game to get one. Also CEs give you mettle, which you need anyway.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-02-02 at 02:50 PM.

The latest relic weapon upgrade is 5 ilevels behind the latest savage weapon. The latest savage gives out ilevel 535 weapons, so I'd imagine that the new relic weapon upgrades would be 530.

Gallery
    Thanks.

So without doing that new shitty zone:
    I have to grind fates in HW zones for the first step and then Crystal Tower?
    Or what was is again?

Kinda wonder why they look so different from the old model - I skipped the Relic weapon because it looked like it would be another glowy nonsense (nonsense as in "I can't evne make out the shape of the weapon anymore) like the Stormblood one.

Oh man... I don't have time for this shit, why are japanese developers always so weird when it comes to that stuff.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-02-02 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I have to grind fates in HW zones for the first step and then Crystal Tower?
    Or what was is again?
    Stage 1: you need 20 blue memories, 20 yellow, and 20 red.

You can either get them from a very low chance of dropping from any non-FATE mob killing mobs in Bozja, or from doing FATEs in Heavensward zones. If you want your relic RIGHT NOW, then farm FATEs in HW zones and you'll have all of the memories you need in under an hour. HOWEVER, Bozja pans out to getting more stuff in the long term if you farm the memories as a part of a cluster farm. That way you will earn hairstyles, minions, and mounts while you are at it.

• Yellow (tortured) from FATEs in Coerthas Western Highlands and Sea of Clouds (or non-FATE mobs in Bozja South/bottom)
    • Blue (sorrowful) from FATEs in Dravanian Forelands and Churning Mists (or non-FATE mobs in Bozja middle)
    • Red (harrowing) from FATEs in Dravanian Hinterlands and Azys Lla (or non-FATE mobs in Bozja North/top)

Stage 2: You need 6 green memories (bitter). You get them from a low chance to drop from Bozja Skirmishes, or doing leveling roulette, or doing Heavensward dungeons. The fastest way to get them is to run the Anti-Tower unsynced, which you can complete in under 10 minutes, so check your party finder for that. Blue Mages do a HUMONGOUS amount of DPS and make it go even faster. You will have your 6 green memories within an hour. However, doing Bozja skirmishes will get you more stuff in the long term, as you will earn mettle by doing so, which you need anyway.

Stage 3: Grey memories (Loathsome): you need 15. You get 1 grey memory from completing a Crystal Tower raid, or there is a chance for one to drop from a Critical Engagement in Bozja. Doing the CEs is far and away more time efficient and rewarding.

Stage 4: drops from Stormblood FATEs, or from the new Bozja raid. No word on the droprate from the Bozja raid yet.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't get to stage 3 without completing the new Bozja raid, which requires completion of Castrum, which requires that you farm enough mettle to reach rank Resistance rank 10. So you won't be able to get the new glowing weapons shown in the album above without spending a lot of time in Bozja doing skirmishes and CEs to farm mettle. You can only get to stage 2 avoiding that stuff.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-02-02 at 02:43 PM.

Okay.
    That sounds annoying. I guess I'm out of that one then.

Thanks for explaining.

The latest relic weapon upgrade is 5 ilevels behind the latest savage weapon. The latest savage gives out ilevel 535 weapons, so I'd imagine that the new relic weapon upgrades would be 530. EDIT: datamining says it might be 510 and 515, not sure.

Gallery

- - - Updated - - -

I just finished Sycrus Tower and got only one Loathsome fragment at the end. Doing critical engagements is a far, far better time investment.

A Crystal Tower raid run takes about 20 minutes.

A CE only takes about 2-3 minutes. Sure, they might spawn once every 10-20 minutes, but you can spend that time alt tabbed out of FFXIV and browsing the web. So you only have to actually pay attention and play the game for 2-3 minutes to get your fragment. Beats spending 20 minutes playing the game to get one. Also CEs give you mettle, which you need anyway.
    Appreciate the link, sucks that I like the glamour of the PLD one, but I can't be investing that kind of time or energy into mindless grinds. I'll wait for a few expansions and get it then. At this point, I'm just waiting on the new abilities for PLD in the next expansion. It'll be hard to top Confiteor, may finally miss an expansion launch .

As a huge fan of FFXII, the new armour sets make me very happy.

If we end up going to Ilsabard in 6.0, I may just grab another fantasia and go back to playing my 'Garlean'.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    As a huge fan of FFXII, the new armour sets make me very happy.
    Man, I fucking love XII
    Wish I had a guild in FFXIV just to get those sets..

Is it possible that this will be soloable in the future?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Man, I fucking love XII

Nope. You're level and item synced so you can't come back later superleveled and super geared like in overworld content or unsynced dungeons.

Bozja will probably be dead just like Eureka when 6.0 comes, with it being near impossible to progress by yourself. You will need to join a group that is progging at times you can join, like what the Youtuber Meoni did by organizing a progression group through Eureka that lasted 7 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Man, I fucking love XII

They'll probably make it easier over time, but I don't think it'll be made to be completable solo unfortunately.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh well

I still have the Zodiac Age to revel
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Bergan's helmet was reused three times, but Ghis' and Zargabaath's helmets aren't an option? What?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, kinda sucks that the healers and casters don't get to keep Drace's cloak.

- - - Updated - - -

So... I did the math.

New judge sets have been released, which you get by farming Bozjan silver and gold coins from the raid.

Except... the unaugmented sets aren't dyeable. You have to upgrade the set to the augmented set in order to dye it.

... Except in order to get the augmented Bozja raid gear, you ALSO need to have augmented Bozja South gear. You know, the stuff from 5.35 that will take you 140 runs of Castrum to get.

You need to run Castrum about 140 times in order to buy a full set of augmented Bozjan south gear.

One full set of unaugmented Bozjan raid gear costs 12 gold coins.
    You can trade in 100 silver coins for 1 gold coin. Ergo, you need 1200 silver coins.
    The normal version of the raid gives you 20 silver coins per run.
    Therefore you need to run the raid at least 60 times in order to buy the unaugmented Bozjan set (I know that the savage will give more but I'm dreading that it's not going to be that much more).

You then need to buy upgrade tokens for each piece, which requires drops from the savage version of the raid? To my knowledge no one has beaten the savage version yet so we don't have any info on the droprate, will leave that alone for now.

So 140 runs of Castrum, and at least 60 runs of the raid, and who knows how many more for the savage exclusive tokens.

Castrum itself takes about 30 minutes to complete, but the entire process of queuing up in a discord for a premade, zoning in and out of the instance for the premade to group up, waiting up to an hour for Castrum to spawn... means that each run of Castrum actually takes about 2-4 hours. If you're really lucky, you can complete your 140 runs of Castrum in about 280 hours.

So getting the dyeable Bozjan raid armor that looks like the FFXII Judges is easily going to take you upwards of 300 hours...

For one set.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I guess if I'm going to get one, it's going to be Gabranth's tank set. Gotta look cool with that cape and plate armor.

Hm... maybe I can cut the costs by not getting the helmet and the pants. I hardly wear helmets anyway, and the pants are barely visible and can easily be replaced by something else. Might look at replacements for the gloves too.

So that'd be 2000 coins (or 130 hours of Castrum runs) and 6 gold coins (or 30 runs of the raid). A little bit more achievable.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously

who thought having people farm the same thing for hundreds and hundreds of hours just to get a set of armor they can dye was a good idea?

- - - Updated - - -

Guild Wars 2 is infamous for its legendary weapon and armor grinds and they're not even half as bad as this.

Yoshi-P please just let me queue for Castrum via duty finder.

Castrum itself is only half an hour long. If getting into Castrum was as simple as queuing for it, the grind would be over in 30 hours. Which is still too long IMO but holy crap that would literally be over 10 times faster than the current reality.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure if I want to start grinding right now. The current system is total dogpoo and I wouldn't be surprised if it's changed later on. If I started grinding now with the grind being this abysmal... only for it to be fixed later, I'd be so pissed.

... But Yoshi-P said in last week's Gamerescape interview that they were going to fix it in 5.45, and... well, they didn't fix it. And it might never be fixed. And if I wait until Shadowbringers is over, Bozja might be dead and I might never be able to get the armor set at all...
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-02-02 at 06:48 PM.

It's really bizarre. I'm getting tired of Yoshi-P telling people to play other games and take breaks when very little about FFXIV is designed around that mentality these days. For Japanese players, maybe it is - but for the NA and EU community if you don't push for stuff in the first couple of weeks when it goes live then you risk missing out entirely.

To say nothing of the fact that if you have a house, not logging in and subscribing each month is impossible if you intend to keep it...

But, eh, we'll see what 6.0 has in store I guess. I hope they plan to develop content that is less grindy and more engaging.

Though to be fair to Yoshi-P, he's probably not being told much about the NA and EU player mentality because our community representatives don't bother doing their jobs by posting on the official forum and instead spend their days retweeting fan art on Twitter and pushing the false narrative that what the players really want and need is male characters to wear dresses.

snip
    I'll be doing enough to see the story and maybe get a relic weapon or two, not interested in Savage for various reasons but seriously, 17000 mettle? fuck that.

They seem to have learned a little bit from Castrum though, you can queue for the dungeon from outside the front instead of waiting for a critical engagement to spawn that most times, people don't do, though I'm guessing that will be better for a while as people want to experience the rest of the story and stuff. But ultimately this will see similar issues as Eureka where people who didn't keep current as it was going along just get left behind. Which is awful.

I seriously hope the next expansion "extra content" is better than Eureka and Eureka 2.0 with all the grind required to stay current. Neither would be SO bad if it allowed people to just jump in and participate without having to grind for days to get up to current levels of the content.

Will do the story content but there's no way I'm sticking around for the grind. It's just overwhelming.

From reddit:

Crystal Tower raids take approximately 20 minutes each, so its about 5 hours of running CT raids for one weapon, or 85 hours for all weapons. We don't know the drop rate for CEs in Bozja yet, but it still would probably be slower just because it isn't guaranteed (for some reason). CEs pop, in my experience, every 5 minutes or so and take 3 minutes to finish on average. They'd have to have more than a 50% drop chance to be worth it, at which point they may as well guarantee it.

FATEs, in my experience, take an average of 2-3 minutes to complete (though that can vary a lot per zone, Dravanian Hinterlands go very quickly and spawn close together while the Churning Mists take much longer). The second step requires 36 memories, so assuming a higher average of FATE completion time, that means it takes 1 hour 48 minutes to grind out for one weapon, though its probably a lot lower. For all weapons, that means the second step will take (highballing) 30 hours.

Of course it might not be a guaranteed drop from FATEs, which is probable imo, but Mhach and Ivalice raids take a really long time compared to CT raids, and they are not Netflix-friendly content. Mathematically, assuming 25 minutes a run for Mhach raids and 30 for Ivalice raids, it would be 16 hours and 30 minutes for one weapon and a whopping 280 hours and 30 minutes for all weapons. Unless the drop rate is truly abysmal, you're probably going to want to do FATEs for this step.

The final step is tricky. DR is hot new content that can't be made easier with higher ilvls, so it will be a while until people are comfortable enough to clear it quickly. Still, it probably won't be faster than 20 minutes at best, and will likely average at 30 minutes a run. So, 7 hours and 30 minutes for one weapon and 127 hours and 30 minutes for all weapons. Assuming, again, that its a guaranteed drop (and if it isn't, SE I swear to God). On the other hand is Palace of the Dead, content I haven't done in years. I think it took an average of 15 minutes a run? Maybe lower with a committed group? So 3 hours and 45 minutes-ish for one weapon and 63 hours and 45 minutes for all weapons, but probably lower. This one's harder to calculate simply because Delubrum Reginae, is pretty cool imo and people might choose to alternate Palace and DR runs. Palace also might not be guaranteed, but that would break from the pattern, so I doubt it.

Putting it all together, for one weapon: a minimum of 14 hours and 18 minutes of grind. I'd round that down, based on personal experience and faster-than-average clears because everyone is also grinding this stuff, to 12 hours for one weapon at minimum. At maximum, doing Alliance Raids and DR for memories, it would be 29 hours for one weapon.

For all weapons, it would then be a minimum of 204 hours of grind, and at maximum (brace yourself) 493 hours, or 21 days of grind.

Yeah... no. Not doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bozja will probably be dead just like Eureka when 6.0 comes, with it being near impossible to progress by yourself. You will need to join a group that is progging at times you can join, like what the Youtuber Meoni did by organizing a progression group through Eureka that lasted 7 months.
    Except for Baldesions Arsenal, Eureka can be done by 4 people. I have killed the Watcher Dragon in Hydatos with 3 buddies w/o issue. Farming the damn scorps was adifferent 1.5hr long story though.

Even now Eureka is active enough to do it. Baldesions would not be a problem either if it wasn't such a ridiculous pain in the arse to set up, needing discord etc nonsense. <_<

If they nerf the instances and make them scale to small groups, Bozja could fare a lot better than Eureka in later expansions.

That being said: I too would recommend to get what you want while it is current. So much easier.

I saw this writing on the wall as soon as Bozja came out. I'm definitely giving the grind a HARD PASS, no thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm did the 24man.

Normal seems pretty straight forward.
    Seen the grind for the gear: nope. Good for me that 99% of it is ugly and incompatible with long hair anyway.

Relic effort seems okay for now. We'll see.

Having to farm the same map again is a disappointment though. Meh.

Alright, I completed the new raid...

The first and last boss were the trickiest for me. Quite a lot of mechanics that caught me off guard. I quite liked the story elements and they added one of the music tracks that I really wanted to see added to the game so that's another win. Plus the ruins we explored really felt like something straight out of an Ivalice game. Which, again, is a plus for me - if not for the Ivalice vibes, I never would have bothered investing in something other than WoW where MMO's are concerned.