1. #48441
    Pit Lord Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Congrats, I guess. Why the mad rush though?
    Obviously because Heavensward is better.

  2. #48442
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I never encountered behavior you described.
    I've never run into it before either. I hope not to again. I've always maintained that whatever people want to do in game is fine, but I draw the line at when it creates a negative experience for others.

    For me, that was a very negative dungeon. So I picked up and left.

    As for the server, I'm on Omega EU. No idea if it's attracted a higher than average number of people like this or not. I've never run into it, that's a given, but it might be more common - Afterall, I don't really interact with them anyway.

  3. #48443
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Favorite characters thus far? Story moments? Predictions?
    **SPOILERS** When Raubahn loses it and fights Ilberd is my favorite story moment. And pretty much anything involving Ascions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Congrats, I guess. Why the mad rush though?
    I heard expansions are when the game gets really, really good, but also I have no life and the story is gripping.

  4. #48444
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,998
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I've always maintained that whatever people want to do in game is fine, but I draw the line at when it creates a negative experience for others.
    Agreed to the above.
    If the entire group feels that way. If they were interested in what the SAM had to say, then you were the odd one out and have to deal with it.
    Since you wiped repeatedly though, I guess the group wasn't.

    Being a bit chatty in dungeons is fun and I gladly take the hit to completion time but not to the point that people start dying.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I heard expansions are when the game gets really, really good, but also I have no life and the story is gripping.
    Get a comfy seat for Shadowbringers then, even I couldn't let go.

  5. #48445
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I heard expansions are when the game gets really, really good, but also I have no life and the story is gripping.
    As Granyala said, when you get to Shadowbringers, buckle up and hold on tight because it's an absolutely fantastic and wild ride. There's a reason it's won so many awards, it's incredible.

  6. #48446
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Posts
    1,623
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post

    I did it! I finished A Realm Reborn! It took a week of nonstop playing, with my only breaks being eating and sleeping, but I did it! 4 days of leveling and 3 days of 2.1-2.5.

    Heavensward awaits!
    I got really into it too and went hard on it like you describe. Did you enjoy the 2.1-2.5 patch content? I personally really liked it even if some of the quests felt like filler. I liked the focus on the smaller things after the major threats were done with. At least before it all comes crashing down at the end. A lot of people seem to hate those patches so just wondering how you felt about them.

    As for Heavenward, you are in for a treat. Saying anything more wouldn't do it justice. I really, dearly hope you enjoy the experience. To me it is still the best expansion and storyline.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

    "If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

  7. #48447
    I did enjoy Heavenward the most too.
    I think it's better than Shadowbringers (at least so far) from a overall story line (which doesn't mean shadowbringers is bad)... but I might be unknowingly biased, maybe I like dragon stuff.

    But the whole Eternal War that was already hinted at during fates and quests in ARR was already pretty cool.

  8. #48448
    Heavensward through the end of 3.3 was pretty great. The last two patches leading into Stormblood was iffy. 5.3 should be a huge patch storywise and I'm very curious to see where we will be going from there.

  9. #48449
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    [...]I'm very curious to see where we will be going from there.
    My guess?
    Garlemald. I'd love a closer view of the Empire.

  10. #48450
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    As Granyala said, when you get to Shadowbringers, buckle up and hold on tight because it's an absolutely fantastic and wild ride. There's a reason it's won so many awards, it's incredible.
    I've already done it, just finish 4.56 on my alt.

    Looking extremely forward to it actually knowing the story this time

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Heavensward through the end of 3.3 was pretty great. The last two patches leading into Stormblood was iffy. 5.3 should be a huge patch storywise and I'm very curious to see where we will be going from there.
    bruh, 3.4 was freaking god tier, easily the best individual patch for story.



    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    **SPOILERS** When Raubahn loses it and fights Ilberd is my favorite story moment. And pretty much anything involving Ascions.



    I heard expansions are when the game gets really, really good, but also I have no life and the story is gripping.
    If you haven't unlocked the Crystal Tower alliance raids yet, I suggest do that before pushing forward, the story is integral to later
    Last edited by Nasuuna; 2020-06-03 at 01:19 PM.

  11. #48451
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    I've already done it, just finish 4.56 on my alt.
    Looking extremely forward to it actually knowing the story this time
    Hmm I wonder what tiny details you now notice and that make now sense to you.
    Always fun to find those if you read a well designed story for the second time.

  12. #48452
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    I've already done it, just finish 4.56 on my alt.

    Looking extremely forward to it actually knowing the story this time



    bruh, 3.4 was freaking god tier, easily the best individual patch for story.





    If you haven't unlocked the Crystal Tower alliance raids yet, I suggest do that before pushing forward, the story is integral to later
    I had to look it up again as I couldn't place what happened just by the patch title, but you're right. One life for one world was absolutely fantastic. I guess I painted the entire pre-Stormblood with my feelings of most of Stormblood itself.

  13. #48453
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Hmm I wonder what tiny details you now notice and that make now sense to you.
    Always fun to find those if you read a well designed story for the second time.
    I didn't know who anybody was, i tried to zerg to endgame to play with friends and it ruined my experience initially, to the point I had to boost past 2.1 to Stormblood, then skipped all the story to cap out and finish the story the day before SB launch

    I didn't know who literally anybody was, including the scions.

  14. #48454
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    I didn't know who anybody was, i tried to zerg to endgame to play with friends and it ruined my experience initially, to the point I had to boost past 2.1 to Stormblood, then skipped all the story to cap out and finish the story the day before SB launch

    I didn't know who literally anybody was, including the scions.
    Okay, understandable that you are looking forward to taking your time. Enjoy the ride!

  15. #48455
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Palace of the dead doesn't unlock until later. And I am not navigating through that archaic-looking web page just to find a mob that gives me 900 xp.
    A reminder that this is the market of people that MMORPGs are now catering to and why we cannot have nice things.

  16. #48456
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    A reminder that this is the market of people that MMORPGs are now catering to and why we cannot have nice things.
    I disagree that anything related to FFXIV beside the game itself can be labelled "nice things". Everything from the web sites to the portal app is a mess.

  17. #48457
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    I disagree that anything related to FFXIV beside the game itself can be labelled "nice things". Everything from the web sites to the portal app is a mess.
    Oh good lord yes. The method for applying expansions especially stands out to me as a sore point. I had to go from the main website, to the Square Enix store, buy the game, then go from there to apply a code on a different website, which gave me a code to apply to the Mogstation. It was an absolute disaster all in all.

    I was at a conference late last year where it was even brought up as an example of a process that could be hugely streamlined to make things easy on your customers.

    The fact that most of the official sources of information tend to be in-house is also a problem too. There's nothing that really fills the same space as something like WoWhead does, not only in terms of showcasing items and models, but there's also class and content guides too. You're stuck trying to navigate the lodestone or go through the official website to find information, where you might not even find what you're looking for. The Wiki tends to be okay, but they're missing out a lot of job content and other guides that players will be looking for.

  18. #48458
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,697
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    class and content guides too. You're stuck trying to navigate the lodestone or go through the official website to find information, where you might not even find what you're looking for. The Wiki tends to be okay, but they're missing out a lot of job content and other guides that players will be looking for.
    Oh gosh. I spent hours trying to find very simple information such as "Samurai stat priority 5.0". I eventually had to join the r/FFXIV Discord, get directed to the Balance discord, then spend hours combing through chat (if you ask in chat they tell you to "read the resources channel", which tells you jack all), to then get redirected to a big pastebin, which THEN directed my to a tools site... that is very confusing and unintuitive to use. Can't get a simple straight answer. It was only until a couple weeks ago that they finally stickied near the top of SAM resources channel "skill speed > direct hit = crit > determination", and even to see that you still have to jump through all of the hoops listed above.

    WoW is so blessed. You can just do a 2 second google search for "arms warrior stat priority" and at the top of the page it says "Haste > Crit > Mastery > Versatility > Strength", and right below that are the Icy Veins and WoWhead guides. FFXIV has no such thing.

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

  19. #48459
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Oh gosh. I spent hours trying to find very simple information such as "Samurai stat priority 5.0". I eventually had to join the r/FFXIV Discord, get directed to the Balance discord, then spend hours combing through chat (if you ask in chat they tell you to "read the resources channel", which tells you jack all), to then get redirected to a big pastebin, which THEN directed my to a tools site... that is very confusing and unintuitive to use. Can't get a simple straight answer. It was only until a couple weeks ago that they finally stickied near the top of SAM resources channel "skill speed > direct hit = crit > determination", and even to see that you still have to jump through all of the hoops listed above.
    Please don't blindly meld or even use the individual gear pieces like that. If you really want BIS gear, you won't meld skill speed unless you want to reach a specific breakpoint.
    Crit should be better than Direct hit too whenever you talk about BIS gear, because it scales better the more you have.

    it's more like "skillspeed until breakpoint > Crit > Directhit = Determination >>>>>>>>>>> Skillspeed"

    I know you are talking about 5.0 though, but I see no reason why this would have changed over the last patches.
    I didn't have as much trouble finding the information required, I did have to use google though, but that was basically just an extra click away.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-06-05 at 05:59 AM.

  20. #48460
    Going through SHB properly now, Holminster Switch is such an incredibly sad dungeon with proper story context.

    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Oh gosh. I spent hours trying to find very simple information such as "Samurai stat priority 5.0". I eventually had to join the r/FFXIV Discord, get directed to the Balance discord, then spend hours combing through chat (if you ask in chat they tell you to "read the resources channel", which tells you jack all), to then get redirected to a big pastebin, which THEN directed my to a tools site... that is very confusing and unintuitive to use. Can't get a simple straight answer. It was only until a couple weeks ago that they finally stickied near the top of SAM resources channel "skill speed > direct hit = crit > determination", and even to see that you still have to jump through all of the hoops listed above.

    WoW is so blessed. You can just do a 2 second google search for "arms warrior stat priority" and at the top of the page it says "Haste > Crit > Mastery > Versatility > Strength", and right below that are the Icy Veins and WoWhead guides. FFXIV has no such thing.

    WoW has had 30x the players ffxiv has had.

    Also, everything is front page in the Sam Resources channel, under the Resources tree. Rotations, stat prio, BiS, ect

    Also looks like its about a 40dps (mind you you are doing 21k dps) difference between the SKS tiers, so id just go crit so dancers love you, and you can share gear with monk
    Last edited by Nasuuna; 2020-06-05 at 05:53 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •