Does no one really find it weird they are announcing an exp this Feb and intend to release in Fall of the same year? I mean that seems like a very short amount of time. I haven't even gotten around to Shadowbringers yet. Still, it doesn't seem like a lot of time to accomplish a big/new expansion worth? Maybe people will be lucky if receive something half decent by the allotted time they were given? I'm not that excited about the moon concept I am pretty indifferent towards it. I dislike the twins even more in the trailer but I was never a big fan of them. I keep reading articles and seeing posts of running jokes of "Harvest" Moon so I'm not entirely sure if they are making a farm area. I never got into a bigger portion of this game to begin with, which was housing. So maybe having a farm with some type of homestead might compensate for this? Or did they ever try addressing the weirdness that is housing in that game?

Either way the trailer has a mediocre response from me. Then again I am already behind. Still they haven't even released the last patch yet from my understanding and they want a new expansion within in the same year? Something feels off to me. Squre Enix can usually deliver but something is off. A positive thing I will say about the expansion is it looks like it will be getting released on the new consoles.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2021-02-06 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    There was plenty of new stuff announced. New story, new job, new areas, new raid, new dungeons, even an entirely new Island Paradise area.
    It being formulaic, while disappointing, doesn't mean the new stuff isn't actually new.
    It's hard being excited about another five boring zones with nothing to do, new pull-wall-to-wall-three-times dungeons, new scholar-but-visually-cooler job and island that deals with aspect of the game I couldn't care less about. All the power to someone who's actually excited to grind new allagan tomestones of mediocrity and work on a farm.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

5+ Year Old Account
    I am so behind, I’m glad I can play through the story even after new expansions are released

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Hm, trailer didn't evoke the same feelings of excitement in me that previous ones have.

Not sure if that's because it's not as good, or if I'm just not as interested at the moment.
    Same for me, but it's because it's just way too vague. There wasn't enough of substance shown to really get me excited. I'm guessing that's because of all the spoilers that would happen if they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    It's hard being excited about another five boring zones with nothing to do, new pull-wall-to-wall-three-times dungeons, new scholar-but-visually-cooler job and island that deals with aspect of the game I couldn't care less about. All the power to someone who's actually excited to grind new allagan tomestones of mediocrity and work on a farm.
    That's fair. But I'm not one to play for that grind either. I play for the story and game play as a whole, typically leveling all jobs to max, BLU spell farming and just seeing all the content the game has to offer at least once. That's all worth the box price and a couple months of subscription throughout the expansion at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    listo just pmed me

fixing it

- - - Updated - - -

Starts at level 70

Their weapon is called "Nouliths"

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing this job was made either by Garlond Ironworks, or the Sharlayans

- - - Updated - - -

but Sharlayans already made Astro so I'm guessing it's Ironworks

- - - Updated - - -

scholar and sage will be barrier healers. Astro and white mage will be pure healers. Will affect matching in party finder.
    I'd be very surprised if Sage isn't from Sharlayan. We will probably also meet the twin's parents as their father is called a Sage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Does no one really find it weird they are announcing an exp this Feb and intend to release in Fall of the same year? I mean that seems like a very short amount of time. I haven't even gotten around to Shadowbringers yet. Still, it doesn't seem like a lot of time to accomplish a big/new expansion worth? Maybe people will be lucky if receive something half decent by the allotted time they were given? I'm not that excited about the moon concept I am pretty indifferent towards it. I dislike the twins even more in the trailer but I was never a big fan of them. I keep reading articles and seeing posts of running jokes of "Harvest" Moon so I'm not entirely sure if they are making a farm area. I never got into a bigger portion of this game to begin with, which was housing. So maybe having a farm with some type of homestead might compensate for this? Or did they ever try addressing the weirdness that is housing in that game?

Either way the trailer has a mediocre response from me. Then again I am already behind. Still they haven't even released the last patch yet from my understanding and they want a new expansion within in the same year? Something feels off to me. Squre Enix can usually deliver but something is off. A positive thing I will say about the expansion is it looks like it will be getting released on the new consoles.
    If anything it's later than expected. There is usually a 2 year gap between xpacks but it took longer this time on account of covid. The 2 year anniversary of Shadowbringers is in June. And boy, if you haven't even gotten to ShB yet, you're into a treat. I can imagine why you wouldn't be excited from the trailer if you don't know the context to what was built on top of the MSQ at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    So nothing actually new was announced, just another iteration of HW design. I guess I'll sit this expansion out.
    What were you expecting? It's new zones, new dungeons, new raids, new jobs, new abilities. That is basically all that an expansion needs.

I would've loved to have seen a mythic+ mode, but they did add all the essentials.

Looking at your follow up post, i think it's clear you just don't like the game. No need to force yourself.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-02-06 at 05:03 AM.

I'd like to see more open world content. I love the game but I get so bored at max level because all I'm doing is standing around in queues. I'd like to see some sort of content that gets you out in the world other than gathering nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    I'd like to see more open world content. I love the game but I get so bored at max level because all I'm doing is standing around in queues. I'd like to see some sort of content that gets you out in the world other than gathering nodes.
    Beast tribes, hunts, fates, triple triad? I'd like to see more, but maybe it's a rewards issue? Always up for more content ofc.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just hope m y yshtola is ok i'd be lostw ithout her she keeps me safe in trust party runs
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I just hope m y yshtola is ok i'd be lostw ithout her she keeps me safe in trust party runs
    I personally wouldn't mind if one or two of the Scions died. We need actual consequences, real stakes.

I don't think that the trust system should be indicative of characters having plot armor. I mean, rerunning old dungeons over and over again isn't canon. Running new dungeons with dead party members could be easily handwaved away as "they're ghosts", or just ignore it entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    On the other hand, there are a finite number of characters, and people have their favorites, etc. Taking any one away would be hard, and could even upset people enough to leave, who knows. Not to mention limiting the potential future narrative/interactions, unless a replacement character comes along.
    I'm of the opinion that the FFXIV story going forward shouldn't be tied down by the Aldenard characters. Like, if 7.0 is going to take place in the New World, or Meracydia, or on another shard or in another timeline, why can't we have an altogether new cast of characters? Maybe we can bring a couple old characters along, like Tataru, but I feel like the cast of Aldenard had their story told, and that 6.0 should be their send off.

- - - Updated - - -

5.5 Death Unto Dawn

Part 1 April 13
    Part 2 End of May

- - - Updated - - -

5.5 MSQ
    Spoiler: 
    Those poor Amal'jaa. Looks like their village in Southern Thanalan is being torched. Again! This is... what? The fourth time? The WoL waltzed in with Thancred and killed everyone during the 2.0 story... and then came back to kill Ifrit on hard mode (and during the beast tribes dailies). And then Ardbert and friends waltzed into the village and butchered everyone in 3.4. And now, in 5.5, it looks like their village is being torched yet AGAIN.

... How do they replace their numbers so quickly? Is the tribe just THAT large? Or do they have an insane repopulation rate and grow at an extraordinary speed?

I'm legit hyped from what I saw.

I did miss out on a lot of story due to boosting past like half of HW to the current expansion. So ill be doing a full story recap leading up to the release of Endwalker.

Them improving on the Trust system makes me super happy as well.

Also all for the stat squash.

I need to find a decent wireless KB&M combo for my PS5 now and stop using this $20 one lol. Also dam the PS5 upgrade looks sexy (IMO).
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-02-06 at 06:27 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So...

The twins are in the trailer, we seem to be going to the moon(?), the Human Male character that's been featured in all of the trailers is not only a Paladin (seemingly) now, but is on the freaking moon.

Huge Final Fantasy IV reference in this expansion? Maybe a love letter raid fight involving Zeromus?

I mean, we got Kefka in the expansion prior to Shadowbringers, so...

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I mean, we got Kefka in the expansion prior to Shadowbringers, so...
    I thought that he was closer to Kuja. IIRC Kefka was nihilistic, but he wasn't omnicidal.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler: 

Zenos appears to have some sort of staff or polearm leaning against his chair.

So... is the big bad going to be an evil wizard? A spear wielding warrior?

Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-02-06 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Huge Final Fantasy IV reference in this expansion? Maybe a love letter raid fight involving Zeromus?
    Yup. It was subtle at first, like the WoL going from DRK to PLD, but it become more apparent over time. Then near the end they literally showed us a Lunar Whale mount and Edge/Rosa/Rydia minions.

I thought that he was closer to Kuja. IIRC Kefka was nihilistic, but he wasn't omnicidal.
    IIRC, Kefka did try unmaking the world in FFVI. That clearly fits the definition of Omnicidal.

I wonder if Zodiark ends up not being the bad guy, but an ally along with hyda in defeating the Sound for good.

Is there a way to view the AAR,HW,SB story ingame if u boosted to Shadowbringers?

I was nearly done with HW when I boosted, But I wouldn't mind doing a full recap.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    I wonder if Zodiark ends up not being the bad guy, but an ally along with hyda in defeating the Sound for good.
    5.3 MSQ
    Spoiler: 

Maybe Zenos takes over/eats Hydaelyn, leaving Zodiark as the only alternative superpower we can flock to for aid.

Also, reminder that Zodiark doesn't seem to be innately evil. He was created to save the world. It was afterwards that the Ascians (not Zodiark) who got the bright idea of trying to sacrifice mankind to Zodiark to bring back their people. At no point have ever heard Zodiark's thoughts on the matter. Well, except for Elidibus, but his situation is nebulous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Is there a way to view the AAR,HW,SB story ingame if u boosted to Shadowbringers?

I was nearly done with HW when I boosted, But I wouldn't mind doing a full recap.
    You can go into your inn and rewatch cutscenes, but you'll only be getting half the experience because a lot of the story is told through non-cutscene NPC dialog, and in the quest items and in the fights.

What you really want to do is just do a NG+ playthrough.

Last year, I created a second character and went from 2.0 through 5.0 MSQ. It takes about 200 hours. However, if you're do it via NG+ as a level 70 or 80 character, you can easily just fly and teleport wherever you need to go, cutting down travel time. And you can blow through dungeons unsynced. So you can easily do the whole story in under 100 hours.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-02-06 at 06:58 AM.