Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    You can go into your inn and rewatch cutscenes, but you'll only be getting half the experience because a lot of the story is told through non-cutscene NPC dialog, and in the quest items and in the fights.

What you really want to do is just do a NG+ playthrough. You can start it at 2.1 and skip having to do the dozens of 2.0 ARR dungeons.

Last year, I created a second character and went from 2.0 through 5.0 MSQ. It takes about 200 hours. However, if you're doing it as a level 70 or 80 character, you can easily just fly and teleport wherever you need to go, cutting down travel time. And you can blow through dungeons unsynced. So you can easily do the whole story in under 100 hours.
    Thx for the info.

I know this sounds a bit dumb but I can't stand all the reading, so I may watch all the cutscenes. I know I miss out on a lot of story but its just something I can't do anymore....

I may do it anyway tho, ill think it over.

Thx for the info.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Hm, trailer didn't evoke the same feelings of excitement in me that previous ones have.

Not sure if that's because it's not as good, or if I'm just not as interested at the moment.
    Well we basically saw nothing except people fighting a few random mobs. So... business as usual?

We'll get a healer with floating machine guns? Okay... I can work with that. ... I hope.... better duck, kitty isn't too good with technology.

Looks good.

I feel like Sage = Disc Priest. Which im actually totally ok with

well know we know when the next wow patch will be April or May...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie, I was a little underwhelmed by the 6.0 and 5.5 announcements. The content looks great and Sage looks like the first healer that I'd actually be interested in playing, but there wasn't anything that wowed me. It does seem like they were holding back a lot of details, so maybe the event in May will be more exciting.

Also pretty disappointed that they didn't announce the Beastmaster limited job. I'll likely take a several month break before Endwalker releases, which is fine, but I'd like to have more content to tide me over.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Not gonna lie, I was a little underwhelmed by the 6.0 and 5.5 announcements. The content looks great and Sage looks like the first healer that I'd actually be interested in playing, but there wasn't anything that wowed me. It does seem like they were holding back a lot of details, so maybe the event in May will be more exciting.

Also pretty disappointed that they didn't announce the Beastmaster limited job. I'll likely take a several month break before Endwalker releases, which is fine, but I'd like to have more content to tide me over.
    Beastmaster might be the melee job. Ran'jit wielded a scythe and had a dragon pet. In the 6.0 trailer, you can see that Zenos appears to have some sort of staff or polearm, which could be a scythe. And Zenos did say he wanted to "gorge on Hydaelyn/Zodiark", and he has the power to conquer Primals, so maybe that'd count as his beastmaster pet. Maybe the scythe could be glamoured into an axe, like Lyon.

So the live letter indicated that they're going to be deploying a Bozja hotfix to slow down the rewards. The Heavenswards fates were a faster way to farm relics than Boz, so it's getting the nerfbat to ensure that the current pace of relic farming in Boz is the fastest route possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    So the live letter indicated that they're going to be deploying a Bozja hotfix to slow down the rewards. The Heavenswards fates were a faster way to farm relics than Boz, so it's getting the nerfbat to ensure that the current pace of relic farming in Boz is the fastest route possible.
    That's not what the live letter said. The hotfix is to increase rewards for Castrum because they recognize that it's a bottleneck and no one does it because the rewards aren't worth the time, effort and lost mettle when dying. They're going to try and fix that.

https://www.millenium.gg/news/22612.html

There's no mention whatsoever to slow down the rewards anywhere.

7+ Year Old Account
    I personally wouldn't mind if one or two of the Scions died. We need actual consequences, real stakes.

I don't think that the trust system should be indicative of characters having plot armor. I mean, rerunning old dungeons over and over again isn't canon. Running new dungeons with dead party members could be easily handwaved away as "they're ghosts", or just ignore it entirely.
    but im so attached to yshtola i kinda had to when minfilia died i lost my strongest trust party member now yshtola is all i have left.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Beastmaster might be the melee job. Ran'jit wielded a scythe and had a dragon pet. In the 6.0 trailer, you can see that Zenos appears to have some sort of staff or polearm, which could be a scythe. And Zenos did say he wanted to "gorge on Hydaelyn/Zodiark", and he has the power to conquer Primals, so maybe that'd count as his beastmaster pet. Maybe the scythe could be glamoured into an axe, like Lyon.
    As much as I'd like to hold onto hope that Beastmaster is coming and better yet as a full job, when they mentioned the limited job system they specifically mentioned Beastmaster and Puppetmaster.

Hmm, sage feels a bit redundant as just another healer with scholar already existing. Feels like someone wanted some of the scholar visual style, the underused shield style of astrologians while also getting some of the red mage light show with a sprinkle of magitech wings for maximum Mercy feeling . Edit Looking at the trailer again some of the presentation is actually closer to some mechanist stuff. Either way, my first impression was that I didn't even have a clue what the class is supposed to be.

I prefer sages being the pinnacle of magic in my (j)RPGs tbh, in FF terms: Having mastered black and white magic. I wonder what melee class they have in store? I'm a bit surprised they apparently didn't even feel confident enough to put it in the trailer.EDIT: See below. Also not sure what archetype they currently lack, even looking at FF classes. Beastmaster(urgh)? Fencer? Mystic Knight (that would mostly be a red mage..)? Rune Knight? .. Freelancer, lol? Seeing how they took Sage into a completely different direction it can probably be anything.

I also have to say this is the first FFXIV trailer in a long time that didn't really do much for me. Maybe because the focus was on Paladin and then not even going all out in some way to show it off, maybe it was because the twins rank the lowest for me among the scions. Beats me. Either way, not really that hyped. The sound of a squish and losing legacy capability is also not doing much to entice me. Edit: Nvm, they milked the Shadowbringers trailer in multiple stages as well, maybe the stuff that gets me hyped will be in the next version. We shall see.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-02-09 at 04:06 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    but im so attached to yshtola i kinda had to when minfilia died i lost my strongest trust party member now yshtola is all i have left.
    Shes the face of the game in Japan, she's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Hmm, sage feels a bit redundant as just another healer with scholar already existing. Feels like someone wanted some of the scholar visual style, the underused shield style of astrologians while also getting some of the red mage light show with a sprinkle of magitech wings for maximum Mercy feeling .
    I think they're going for Sage + Scholar as shield healers, and reworking AST to be closer to White Mage. So two healers with one style, and two healers with the other style.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    I think they're going for Sage + Scholar as shield healers, and reworking AST to be closer to White Mage. So two healers with one style, and two healers with the other style.
    Would be a bit of a shame. Admittedly I mostly heal in deep dungeons for funsies, but I always liked choice based nature of astrologian in that regard. In fact I found that part to be way more interesting than the card gimmik..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

PSA: If you are playing on a PS5 (and maybe PS4) and are wanting a wireless KB&M the Wal-Mart ONN brand one for like $17 works just fine. I do not know if it works on PS4 but I can 100% confirm it works for PS5.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Hmm, sage feels a bit redundant as just another healer with scholar already existing. Feels like someone wanted some of the scholar visual style, the underused shield style of astrologians while also getting some of the red mage light show with a sprinkle of magitech wings for maximum Mercy feeling . Edit Looking at the trailer again some of the presentation is actually closer to some mechanist stuff. Either way, my first impression was that I didn't even have a clue what the class is supposed to be.

I prefer sages being the pinnacle of magic in my (j)RPGs tbh, in FF terms: Having mastered black and white magic. I wonder what melee class they have in store, I'm a bit surprised they apparently didn't even feel confident enough to put it in the trailer. Also not sure what archetype they currently lack, even looking at FF classes. Beastmaster(urgh)? Fencer? Mystic Knight (that would mostly be a red mage..)? Rune Knight? .. Freelancer, lol? Seeing how they took Sage into a completely different direction it can probably be anything.

I also have to say this is the first FFXIV trailer in a long time that didn't really do much for me. Maybe because the focus was on Paladin and then not even going all out in some way to show it off, maybe it was because the twins rank the lowest for me among the scions. Beats me. Either way, not really that hyped. The sound of a squish and losing legacy capability is also not doing much to entice me.
    Green mage, time mage, geomancer, necromancer, ink mage, berserker, oracle, mediator, etc. Theres a lot to draw from and they can always make new ones, inspired by FF heroes like the gunbreaker. For example a Buster sworder.

Theres no shortage of options.

- - - Updated - - -

Would be a bit of a shame. Admittedly I mostly heal in deep dungeons for funsies, but I always liked choice based nature of astrologian in that regard. In fact I found that part to be way more interesting than the card gimmik..
    It was/is interesting and made sense in a world of 3 healers, but it would be OP in a world of 4.
    Astrologians still have a huge advantage in that they cast faster than white mages.

The Japanese subtitle of the expansion, 暁月の終焉 is uhh... interesting to say the least. 暁月 i.e. akatsuki is a stylistic rendering of 暁, pronounced the same and meaning dawn. It's what the scions are referred to in Japanese. 終焉 has furigana of フィナーレ, or finale, but the actual shuuenn has a much darker connotation of demise. Roughly parsing my daijirin, "The ending of life. The point just before death."

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Green mage, time mage, geomancer, necromancer, ink mage, berserker, oracle, mediator, etc. Theres a lot to draw from and they can always make new ones, inspired by FF heroes like the gunbreaker. For example a Buster sworder.

Theres no shortage of options.

It was/is interesting and made sense in a world of 3 healers, but it would be OP in a world of 4.
    Astrologians still have a huge advantage in that they cast faster than white mages.
    The 2nd class of the expansion is supposed to be a melee as far as I heard, so I left out caster options deliberately.

Also not sure if OP is the right word, It's not like FFXIV has ever striven for perfect symmetry in it's design. We also haven't seen enough of the class yet, so far I only know that fansites have it classed as the only barrier healer, certainly not giving any of the others that have them much credit. We shall see in he next months.

Quit the game first time in shadowbringers after clearing shiva savage due to it being the 3rd expansion in a row that really did nothing outside of the formula except cut content. Endwalker seems much of the same.
    While the setting is cool and the new class looks awesome etc I really wonder why they dont just experiment with adding something that spices things up. It gets sooo boring basically knowing EXACTLY what the new expansion will bring every single time and also getting a little bit less of each of the standard things every time.

While I like the new job, I don't think they should have called it Sage. Unless I'm forgetting something and Fu So Ya broke out with laser beams and gundam foils in FFIV.