Rewards to players for each month they subscribe rather than charging extra money on top of the sub fee for cool things.
    you know, when I saw this. I think it look very brilliant

now they only hav to release super cool reward every 90 day
    here my opinion about this

sub base game : 30day reward - "ummm" // 60day reward - "cool" // 90day reward - "DAMN it look cool i want it now *sub for 90 day*"
    free to play game : here the cosmetic item for this month 5$ // next mount 10$ // super cool cosmetic item/mount 15$ *choose 1-2 from list maybe

what i saw is that "this reward system" look very promising i feel like it can keep sub base game longer before free to play take over
    "if you dont like it, dont play the game! I love the way this game is 100% and nothing should be changed, because beta's aren't meant to improve a game. I will defend this games honor with my life and will refuse that anything bad be said about things that could be improved!"

- The FFXIV Community. (and some of "legacy" player)

10+ Year Old Account
    I leave for an 11 day vacation on August 23rd... Good bye 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th choice in name.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2013-08-13 at 12:50 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I leave for an 11 day vacation on August 23rd... Good bye 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th choice in name.
    Open beta characters will not be wiped unless there's a game-breaking bug, so you should be able to reserve names there.

Apply for beta on the 17th and make your character during it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Open beta characters will not be wiped unless there's a game-breaking bug, so you should be able to reserve names there.
    I thought "open beta" wasn't really open? What's the link to sign up for it? I'll do it tonight.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering only the combination of the first and last name has to be unique, you'd quite frankly have to be pretty uncreative to have it taken by someone else.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by doraymon View Post
    you know, when I saw this. I think it look very brilliant

now they only hav to release super cool reward every 90 day
    here my opinion about this

sub base game : 30day reward - "ummm" // 60day reward - "cool" // 90day reward - "DAMN it look cool i want it now *sub for 90 day*"
    free to play game : here the cosmetic item for this month 5$ // next mount 10$ // super cool cosmetic item/mount 15$ *choose 1-2 from list maybe

what i saw is that "this reward system" look very promising i feel like it can keep sub base game longer before free to play take over
    Its a cool reward system but I dont think the game is gunna go free to play..ever. Produced entierly by square enix they do not have to worry about makeing money back in a hurry to pay off other co producers and studios and I am prefectly fine with the game staying pay to play, itll keep that free to play trash out of the game. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Considering only the combination of the first and last name has to be unique, you'd quite frankly have to be pretty uncreative to have it taken by someone else.
    Didn't even know there were last names. I guess that answers that.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Still cant decide between Black Mage or Dragoon.... Also my wife is talking about going out of town for the Open Beta days....i think I am coming down with a cough..... :P

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Does anyone have a link to available servers at launch? I'm looking for the best server for East Coast and I think I'm leaning toward a fresh server without legacy players on it who are already end game. I just want to let friends know so we can all just jump in game when open beta comes instead of phoning everyone and making things difficult lol.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Don't know about the "official" list, assuming there is one (the official websites are a mess), but this fansite forum has them:
    http://forum.xivnation.com/index.php...th-america.72/

All North American servers are located in Montreal.

15+ Year Old Account
    white mage looking for guild! <3

but.. UGH.. Anyone have hella stupid trouble with square customer support? phone AND email...

I had 1.0 on a diff account that I had FF11.. I merged them together.. and now when I log in, I don't get any record of 1.0 OR ff11 on my account.. so frustrating... I'll probably lose my legacy over all this and end up having to make a new account all over again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    white mage looking for guild! <3

but.. UGH.. Anyone have hella stupid trouble with square customer support? phone AND email...

I had 1.0 on a diff account that I had FF11.. I merged them together.. and now when I log in, I don't get any record of 1.0 OR ff11 on my account.. so frustrating... I'll probably lose my legacy over all this and end up having to make a new account all over again...
    What judt a white mage? Get off your lazy ass and max all classes LOL...In case ya couldn't tell I was joking.

And yeah I've noticed I swear they are WAY too compartmentalized.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    any word on when open beta is going to be yet? cant seem to find anything on the SE site

Surprise! Patch 5.4 release on the same day FFXIV releases! T_T

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by forwards1ca View Post
    any word on when open beta is going to be yet? cant seem to find anything on the SE site
    16th for Phase 3 testers 17th for everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    Surprise! Patch 5.4 release on the same day FFXIV releases! T_T
    Yeah, I...have been ranting about this on Twitter. I just...YAY BUGGY ENCOUNTERS WE WILL NEVER HAVE TESTED CUZ BLIZZ IS SCARED OF FFXIV.

On the other hand: Blizz is apparently scared of FFXIV!
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Yeah, I...have been ranting about this on Twitter. I just...YAY BUGGY ENCOUNTERS WE WILL NEVER HAVE TESTED CUZ BLIZZ IS SCARED OF FFXIV.

On the other hand: Blizz is apparently scared of FFXIV!
    This is both good and bad news...

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffeth View Post
    This is both good and bad news...
    I am mostly frustrated because the start of a new tier means that my free time goes up in smoke. This is going to suck.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I was on vacation during the Phase three beta, but still managed to sign up my beta key on the website without actually playing the beta itself. Do I still qualify for the early 4th phase beta or do I need to wait until the 17th?

15+ Year Old Account
    Maxing all jobs, classes, professions.. will take some hardcore dedication.. (much like it did in FFXI)...

Easily forget about wow when this game drops.