Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I looooved the initial storyline. But afterwards it just kinda fell flat for me. When you fight Elidibus and the bits leading up to him it felt like they were trying to recreate the epicness and depth of Emet-Selch but failed. Didn’t care when we fought him, didn’t care when he died. I was happy to finally be done with Ascians (although even that turned out not to be true). I literally rolled my eyes when they introduced Fandaniel and why is it of all the baddies we can’t seem to escape it’s gotta be Revlon boy (the games most boring one note villain). They have a reeeaaally hard time just letting someone be dead.
    From what I understand Elidibus and Emet were the last two Ascians that were used/part of he project to make Zodiark the first time to save their sun. Fandaniel while an Ascian yes isnt he still a sundered soul thus making him weaker. I just wanna punch his face in for he took the one body of the one character I hated in all of the game. Cant wait to cast his body to the flames and hopefully never see that face again.
    I doubt we will not see anymore after this. Remember their souls go back to the 13th world. Unless we trap their souls on our shard they will keep coming back. Elidibus and Emet only got killed by being gut punched by enough light to shatter what fragments of them were left. Emet from the amount of light either in us and Elidibus from the endless power of the Crystal tower. And Laha was for we trapped his soul in White Auracite and had to shatter it with the eye of Nidhogg. They dont die easy at all. We can send them back easy enough but killing them out right has been a major pain.

The addition of male Viera makes me worried about updates to Fem Viera. They haven't said anything about giving them more hairstyles or allowing them to wear helmets.

All the new scenes in that trailer kinda look like shit.
    Wtf have they done to their faces?

Or are they just like 30 years older now?

Soken is such a shit he's the best.

Quote Originally Posted by rizyukaizen View Post
    From what I understand Elidibus and Emet were the last two Ascians that were used/part of he project to make Zodiark the first time to save their sun. Fandaniel while an Ascian yes isnt he still a sundered soul thus making him weaker. I just wanna punch his face in for he took the one body of the one character I hated in all of the game. Cant wait to cast his body to the flames and hopefully never see that face again.
    I doubt we will not see anymore after this. Remember their souls go back to the 13th world. Unless we trap their souls on our shard they will keep coming back. Elidibus and Emet only got killed by being gut punched by enough light to shatter what fragments of them were left. Emet from the amount of light either in us and Elidibus from the endless power of the Crystal tower. And Laha was for we trapped his soul in White Auracite and had to shatter it with the eye of Nidhogg. They dont die easy at all. We can send them back easy enough but killing them out right has been a major pain.
    So, yes Fandaniel is Sundered, and only Emet and Lahabrea were actually Unsendered : Elidibus split from Zodiark after he was turned into its Heart, so he was probably much more a Primal than an actual ascian at this point.
    However when they die, their soul don't go back to the 13rd, they go to the Aetherial Rift, which is pretty much the place between the planes : we've crossed it to reach the First (thanks to our Exarch boy), and we open gates through it in the Job/Void quests.
    However, now that there's no longer any Unsundered left, the mean to rise new ascians to power may have been lost : we already know regular Ascians are pretty weak, since we manage to punch a few of them without much trouble in the SQM job quests. If a powerful Ascian must be risen from the soul of one of the Convocation, and without Emet gift of seeing souls, it may be over for them.

However, Pandaemonium had Lahabrea's Sigil over its name, so it may have somehting to do with him!

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Yeah, it's kinda annoying that they haven't yet gone in to detail about what is coming. I was kinda hoping to know more about this Sanctuary Island or whatever it is called. Is it a different style of player housing? Is it just another daily content hub? Information, we needs it. I mean, I guess it is a good thing we got the full trailer, and info about the new melee dps class, but the rest of the keynote was a let down.

Though the Tower of Zot theme remix featured in the Dungeon video is my jam.
    All they said in the keynot is that it's for regular jobs too. Not just crafters and gatherers. Solo content from what i understood. No concrete details yet.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-05-15 at 12:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

Oh my, it's been quite a while since I was able to laugh like this. Thanks for posting.

The face of the pianist... priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    All they said in the keynot is that it's for regular jobs too. Not just crafters and gatherers. Solo content from what i understood. No concrete details yet.
    Knowing Yoshi loves wierd rpgs and used to be super into WoW i wouldn't be surprised for a Rune Factory meet Pandarias farm kind of deal. They already have that "get more hearts for turning stuff in" mechanic for crafters right?

Knowing Yoshi loves wierd rpgs and used to be super into WoW i wouldn't be surprised for a Rune Factory meet Pandarias farm kind of deal. They already have that "get more hearts for turning stuff in" mechanic for crafters right?
    I actually am expecting it to be the new version of eureka/bozja, but with both crafting/gathering and fighting in there but tuned for solo play.
    But, this is speculation. We'll have to see.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really seems I need to try out this game, It seems to have a great story and many new things to do! Kinda bored with WoW right now... no interest in classic

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    Really seems I need to try out this game, It seems to have a great story and many new things to do! Kinda bored with WoW right now... no interest in classic
    Play the free trial its level 1-60 and the first expansion.

Just try to push thought the first 20 levels or so cause they can be a slog.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    I just hope the female hrothgar are buff and not suffer from wow syndrome where males are buff as fuck and females look like fap material
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just hope yshtola isn't killed i'm still not over loss of other scions that were lost
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

So that voidsent you parter with for reaper is totally going to be the wol's shard from that world isn't it?
    That's a possibility, but there have been rumors that the WOL from the 13th is Unukalhai and that seems really plausible. We'll see I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    The male Viera announcement alone might actually coax me back for awhile, though if they do decide to add
    female Hrothgar, i hope it`s more than just a human person with fuzzy ears
    They already have female Miqo'te so they'll need to make the other female cat race distinct enough from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I just hope the female hrothgar are buff and not suffer from wow syndrome where males are buff as fuck and females look like fap material
    Have you not seen Female Au Ra?

----

That being said: Im glad male viera are in the game but Im not going to praise SE for finally finishing their work to complete a race they put in the game. Should have been there on the launch of ShB.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Oh my, it's been quite a while since I was able to laugh like this. Thanks for posting.

The face of the pianist... priceless.
    Agreed, lol. That was amazing. My face hurts from smiling and laughing so much. Soken is fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I actually am expecting it to be the new version of eureka/bozja, but with both crafting/gathering and fighting in there but tuned for solo play.
    But, this is speculation. We'll have to see.
    I'm expecting it to be more like Animal Crossing, based on the pictures and the comments about the WoL being able to get away from the fighting etc... and experience a "slow life."

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    That's a possibility, but there have been rumors that the WOL from the 13th is Unukalhai and that seems really plausible. We'll see I guess.

- - - Updated - - -
    Warrior of Light is kind of a title thing. The party from the first were all called warriors of light and that later become a very negative term there. I think the criteria isn't a garuanteed warrior of light title but a similar kind of personality and disposition.

Almost like some kind of wander known for travelling on adventures rather than sticking in one place...

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/memberial/status...20402102571010

Well this ones gonna have legs for a hot minute.

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    I played WoW for 17 years and started playing this a couple months.

It's great, like a lot about it, but be prepared for the fact it's a bit different and it doesn't quite come together until higher level.

I'm only 72 so far, it took me 200 hours to get here, and it really doesn't get "great" until around 70 (max is 80). This is when the jobs are mostly fleshed out and feeling how they're intended and the story starts to get remarkably better.

But everyone is a bit different, some like the earlier stuff more than me. It's worth a play though and you don't got much to lose with a free trail covering the first 2 games.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-05-15 at 05:13 PM.

So cool that they got the vocalist for Architects to sing for the new cinematic trailer. One of my favorite bands.

The trailer is awesome in itself. It literally features every theme from past expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Implying buff females can't look the same. I'll have you know that female Roe and Highlander can be quite sexy.