1. #49321
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,086
    Construct mounts are still selling for about 1.5 million gil on my server, so if you do cluster farm you can still make quite a lot of money.

    The hairstyle has about the same return on cluster-to-gil investment as the construct, but not as many people buy the hairstyle on my server. So it can be sitting on the market board for days, whereas the construct sells within a few hours.

    If you get the Gabriel mount from a lockbox, check the market board and see how much it goes for. You can sell now for a lot, and then buy it again weeks later when it's really cheap.

    If you get an augment piece from Castrum, you can sell it for between 2 and 8 million gil, but augment drops are so rare I'd probably recommend hanging on to them. They take a super long time to grind enough Bozjan coins to buy. I have run Castrum about 20 times so far, and I have 300 coins and have bought two full Bozjan sets. So 500 coins in 20 runs. I haven't seen an augment piece drop, and another guy said he had done Castrum 30 times and hadn't seen a drop either. You need 3500 Bozjan coins to fully upgrade one set (1000 for chest, 1000 for legs, 500 for head, 500 for hands, 500 for feet). I like Castrum, but I doubt I'd be able to endure running it 120 more times just to get a single fully upgraded Bozjan set. Fortunately I'm making enough money from selling Construct that I will probably be able to buy 1 or 2 pieces off of the market board. So, yeah, if you get any augment pieces, hang on to them!

  2. #49322
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,358
    Yeah, the prices for augments are insane. I don't get it. By the time you manage to get that stuff, even diehard china farmers are going to be sick and tired of the place. Oo

  3. #49323
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yeah, the prices for augments are insane. I don't get it. By the time you manage to get that stuff, even diehard china farmers are going to be sick and tired of the place. Oo
    From what I've heard, Baldesion's Arsenal in Eureka was a hardcore raid. Like 3 hours long and very difficult. People seem to think that we will be getting the Bozja version of BA in 5.4.

    It seems like the augmented gear sets are for that kind of content. In which case, I don't think that everyone is supposed to have a fully upgraded Bozjan set. I don't think everyone is supposed to farm 3,500 coins. It seems like only the people who really want to raid the new BA equivalent will be motivated enough to acquire an augmented gear set, and the expectation is that they won't buy the whole set, buy instead source a few pieces from other players who aren't motivated to do the new BA, or from lucky drops. So maybe you do Castrum 40 times, buy a chestpiece augment, and then hopefully you have gotten a lucky drop for another slot, and then you buy the other three pieces off of the market board?

    Or the augments will have a higher droprate in the new BA, but that doesn't make too much sense to me because what use is getting the best gear in the game if you don't have new, more challenging content to use it for? That's why they added trials in the FFXII International Zodiac version. In the base game, you got the ultimate gear... by doing the ultimate content, so by the time you got the gear, there wasn't really anything to use it on. So they added trials, the even harder content, as something you could use your ultimate gear on. Then again, the normal raids in FFXIV operate on the WoW mentality, where you do the hardest version of a raid and get the best gear... and then I guess you're expected to curbstomp lower difficulty content with that better gear, since you don't really have any more difficult bosses to use that gear on.

  4. #49324
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I gave it a go today and this is by far my biggest gripe with it. As a solo player without much self healing you're going to be killed by the unavoidable damage during most Critical Engagements. Losing Mettle, and having to then either res and risk losing more, or else just waiting it out and respawning feels like taking two steps backwards before taking one forwards. It's often more efficient just to intentionally take a dive and not accept a res until the fight is over.

    I've got very little patience for other people in this game anymore and I'd much rather just avoid them where possible and do things solo. At this point in time it's been that long since I've grouped up with another player out in the world that I don't even remember how to do it. But no, Squenix seem to be constantly sending me reminders that they're currently running a campaign for their community finder and I'm not currently a part of Free Company, or any Communities, or any Linkshell channels and should maybe check that out.

    I like the content, the look and feel of it is spot on but I constantly feel like the Devs are saying "What's the matter, don't you have any friends? Loser!" over and over. Getting real progress done solo is going to be a long drawn out grind and this just seems to reinforce that idea that Squenix are trying to force me into conforming with how they'd like the game to be played.
    Not that I disagree that you should be able to try and play the game the way you like, but it IS an MMO. And you're by no means forced to play this content, at all, nothing requires you to do the Bozjan Front except the Bozjan Front itself.

  5. #49325
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    From what I've heard, Baldesion's Arsenal in Eureka was a hardcore raid. Like 3 hours long and very difficult. People seem to think that we will be getting the Bozja version of BA in 5.4.

    It seems like the augmented gear sets are for that kind of content.
    Doubtful.
    You did BA in gear w/o extra Eureka stats, because the only way to get that augmented gear was running BA (needed 6 full clears IIRC).
    So even if SE does a BA 2.0, they won't expect the Bozjan gear. The community might though, depending on how hard it is.

  6. #49326
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Equip lost cure spells. -> learn the fights -> snooze through it. There is actually very little damage that is truly unavoidable.

    - - - Updated - - -


    It's RNG but they drop like candy if you farm the correct mobs. Especially if you split your group and farm multiple spots and get multiple colors + greens.

    Still, old FATEs area great way of targeting a color you need more of.
    yea i wasted 2 hours today looking for cluster farms. could have done a whole relic in a fate group instead.

  7. #49327
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,358
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    yea i wasted 2 hours today looking for cluster farms. could have done a whole relic in a fate group instead.
    Don't you have any friends ingame?
    I'd never dream of taking on sth like Bozja completely solo.

  8. #49328
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Don't you have any friends ingame?
    I'd never dream of taking on sth like Bozja completely solo.
    Was the same with Eureka for me, just zone in and shout that you're an X Rank looking for party. Usually it's pretty quick, almost instantaneous, other times...not so much.

  9. #49329
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Was the same with Eureka for me, just zone in and shout that you're an X Rank looking for party. Usually it's pretty quick, almost instantaneous, other times...not so much.
    True I did Eureka random too. That was during ShB though. Also probably the reason why I never got to see BA.

  10. #49330
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    True I did Eureka random too. That was during ShB though. Also probably the reason why I never got to see BA.
    Me neither, but I never made it passed Eureka Pagos (2nd zone) because I fell too far behind the leveling curve because I dared to take a break for a month after it launched....

    At least on the Bozjan Front, the levels don't hinder you that much.

  11. #49331
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Me neither, but I never made it passed Eureka Pagos (2nd zone) because I fell too far behind the leveling curve because I dared to take a break for a month after it launched....

    At least on the Bozjan Front, the levels don't hinder you that much.
    So far the only time its impacted me at all was getting told i needed to hit 14 to unlock some forgotten fragments with more powerful stuff in them. Rank just seems to be a slow way to get cheese stuff to get around the gear scaling. Like i got a item that gives me 95% more defence earlier till the next time i use an item of its type and that basically means "hey you want your actual defence value not the scaled one? hit rank 11".
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  12. #49332
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Don't you have any friends ingame?
    I'd never dream of taking on sth like Bozja completely solo.
    i have friends but nobody wants to farm mobs for clusters lol.

  13. #49333
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,358
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i have friends but nobody wants to farm mobs for clusters lol.
    Understandable, it is rather braindead.

  14. #49334
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Not that I disagree that you should be able to try and play the game the way you like, but it IS an MMO. And you're by no means forced to play this content, at all, nothing requires you to do the Bozjan Front except the Bozjan Front itself.
    True, but it's both pretty relaxing content to unwind with and an easy way to level up other Jobs while still making my way towards gear upgrades. That makes it pretty appealing in terms of my personal goals. While I'd prefer another Deep Dungeon, it's lack of gear requirement and high consistent XP gain make it a solid alternative for leveling content.

    I know I've covered this in more detail in the past, but I find that I've got little in common with most of the FF14 Community. There might be a few FC's or Statics out there where I'd fit, but I'm not willing to put in the effort to find them at this point in time.

  15. #49335
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    True, but it's both pretty relaxing content to unwind with and an easy way to level up other Jobs while still making my way towards gear upgrades. That makes it pretty appealing in terms of my personal goals. While I'd prefer another Deep Dungeon, it's lack of gear requirement and high consistent XP gain make it a solid alternative for leveling content.

    I know I've covered this in more detail in the past, but I find that I've got little in common with most of the FF14 Community. There might be a few FC's or Statics out there where I'd fit, but I'm not willing to put in the effort to find them at this point in time.
    I'm with you on that one, mainly because my schedule is all over the place, but I get it. Being able to just log in and do your own thing at your own pace is nice.

    I was able to get through the Bozjan Front to Resistance Rank 13 (and still climbing) entirely "solo," as in I didn't go in with a group and just shouted in zone and got a zerg group invite. I'm only doing it because it's a consistent, straight forward and somewhat rewarding (as in gil and xp rewards) experience, especially with jobs that aren't 80 yet. Three more....just three more (Samurai, Dragoon and Ninja).

  16. #49336
    Over 9000! Graeham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,707
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I know I've covered this in more detail in the past, but I find that I've got little in common with most of the FF14 Community. There might be a few FC's or Statics out there where I'd fit, but I'm not willing to put in the effort to find them at this point in time.
    You're not the only one.

    The average FFXIV player is too shy, too easily offended, too manipulative and too flaky for me to get along with. My partner shares my frustration - so we sit comfortably in a two person Free Company.

  17. #49337
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'm with you on that one, mainly because my schedule is all over the place, but I get it. Being able to just log in and do your own thing at your own pace is nice.
    3rded™
    Ever since I retired from raiding savage, I too value the flexibility FF is giving me.
    I rarely have contact with random players though. Too much tiptoeing required, so I stick to my circle of friends (most of them are from the raid I retired from).

  18. #49338
    Stood in the Fire Ladey Gags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    teh haus of gags
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    You're not the only one.

    The average FFXIV player is too shy, too easily offended, too manipulative and too flaky for me to get along with. My partner shares my frustration - so we sit comfortably in a two person Free Company.
    Nothing is further from the truth. This game is full of the most carebeary snowflake liberal babies I’ve ever witnessed in any game community. This game is full of “grown” men who want to play games as literal Barbies in pink dresses. It’s fuckijg appalling

    What is it about this game that attracts these adult children?
    Last edited by Ladey Gags; 2020-10-27 at 05:56 AM.

  19. #49339
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,086
    I guess I'm pretty lucky then. People talk about toxicity in WoW, but I never really saw any drama in the LFRs or PUGs. Never really seen any drama in FFXIV either. The FC I raid with is pretty chill.

  20. #49340
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    This game is full of “grown” men who want to play games as literal Barbies in pink dresses.
    I'm too old a cat for pink.
    I prefer either white (nice contrast to my dark skin) or rolanberry red.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •