Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I think Shadowbringers really dropped the ball after its release patch.
    The Weapon storyline was pretty good and Bozja has been decent, but yeah the Nier raids were a dud for me.

. - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

I hope they make any more crossovers more like the MH version -- after playing through the story of the raids in ShB, its just really lackluster and kind of pointless in retrospect on many aspects of the story.

I think FF14 works better in crossovers with short moments than full storylines. That being said -- YoRHa having a bad storyline (and Paradigm being somewhat worse than Puppets Bunker imo) doesnt ruin the storytelling high of Shadowbringers. I still think it has the best storytelling out of all the expansion.

I just wish they put some more of that effort back into the battle systems.
    Last edited by TidalConflux; 2021-05-03 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The Weapon storyline was pretty good and Bozja has been decent, but yeah the Nier raids were a dud for me.
    I looooved the initial storyline. But afterwards it just kinda fell flat for me. When you fight Elidibus and the bits leading up to him it felt like they were trying to recreate the epicness and depth of Emet-Selch but failed. Didn’t care when we fought him, didn’t care when he died. I was happy to finally be done with Ascians (although even that turned out not to be true). I literally rolled my eyes when they introduced Fandaniel and why is it of all the baddies we can’t seem to escape it’s gotta be Revlon boy (the games most boring one note villain). They have a reeeaaally hard time just letting someone be dead.

Nier was a letdown for me. The glamour is the best thing I've gotten out of it. Though I have friends that are really into Nier and they LOVE it. Like brought to tears during the city part kind of love. Sure wish it could have resonated with me the same way, but it's a franchise so disconnected from FF it felt like crossing Vagrant Story with Sonic The Hedgehog. A Chrono Trigger crossover revealing the Sound as being a spawn of Lavos would have made more sense. And even that would be stupid.

I think Shadowbringers really dropped the ball after its release patch.
    No arguements there - The content I've enjoyed this expansion has been very threadbare. They've been making some very noticable cuts to group content and it shows. Only one expert dungeon per patch and no Deep Dungeons is very telling and all of the Ultimate content has been recycled from Heavensward and ARR.

Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    I think FF14 works better in crossovers with short moments than full storylines.
    Oh absolutely. Short, memorable and self contained works far better than what they've tried to do with the Nier content. The MH crossover is a boss fight which kept most of its mechanics from MH. You don't already have to be invested in both games to enjoy it for what it is.

With the way the game is set up now with Shadowbringers, and the idea that you can travel through to different shards of the star, opens up a lot of options for smaller crossovers without breaking canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    A Chrono Trigger crossover revealing the Sound as being a spawn of Lavos would have made more sense. And even that would be stupid.
    I'd be on board with this. Chrono Trigger has a straight forward and simple enough story that you could convey it all in FF14 without too much effort and the game itself offered some highly varied and interesting locations.

Mostly because Chrono Trigger is a game that's got very little filler and enough plot points to fit into 3 raids plus some fluff side content. Have each of the raid sections be set in a different time period and throw in the boss from each. Combine that with mechanics that would be easy to move over to FF14 and you're onto a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I'd be on board with this. Chrono Trigger has a straight forward and simple enough story that you could convey it all in FF14 without too much effort and the game itself offered some highly varied and interesting locations.

Mostly because Chrono Trigger is a game that's got very little filler and enough plot points to fit into 3 raids plus some fluff side content. Have each of the raid sections be set in a different time period and throw in the boss from each. Combine that with mechanics that would be easy to move over to FF14 and you're onto a winner.
    Same. That sounds pretty solid to me, though the hardest part for me would be paring Chrono Trigger down to just 3 raids. To do it justice, you'd have to have the Millenial Faire, Guardia Castle, Magus/Schala & 12,000 BC, The Future w/ Robo, the past with Ayla, & Lavos.

Perhaps you could start in an old destroyed Guardia-style Castle with a fair happening within the ruins, then travel to the different eras from there. Start with the past, then go to the future, then finally go to the Magus/Schala city and have that one keep Lavos as an end boss.

If nothing else, Chrono Triggers fits a hell of a lot better with FF than Nier does.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Same. That sounds pretty solid to me, though the hardest part for me would be paring Chrono Trigger down to just 3 raids. To do it justice, you'd have to have the Millenial Faire, Guardia Castle, Magus/Schala & 12,000 BC, The Future w/ Robo, the past with Ayla, & Lavos.

Perhaps you could start in an old destroyed Guardia-style Castle with a fair happening within the ruins, then travel to the different eras from there. Start with the past, then go to the future, then finally go to the Magus/Schala city and have that one keep Lavos as an end boss.
    Why not all?

Due to the time traveling nature of the game, they could have the raid travel to the different eras to fight the time appropriate bosses. Each raid wouldn't need to be locked to a specific time period. They could do a lot with it because of how flexible they could be with the time traveling thing and the characters. I'm excited thinking about it. Would be awesome to see the Chrono Trigger characters in FFXIV art style and animation.

If a Chrono Trigger raid series is ever set up, I absolutely want an Enertron to put in my house that will restore my health, but leave me hungry.

Everything we had suspected was confirmed. Sharlayan. Scythe job.

- - - Updated - - -

Hm... really worried about the Reaper's ability color scheme. At first it seemed like it was going for a distinctive teal and black color scheme, but then they did red and black for the rest of the video, which seems indistinguishable from Dark Knight's ability animations.

Reaper looks awesome and uses the same gear as dragoon. Perfect!
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-05-15 at 01:27 AM.

Not feeling the grey concrete in Sharlayan. Sure, the architecture has teal lining and there are a lot of plants and trees, but the city is predominately grey concrete! We already have a grey concrete city in Ishgard. Disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

The gaudy yellow and purple mountains of Thavnair make me think I'm looking at the sulfur surface of Jupiter's moon, Io.

Male viera!

Yeah, I am editing in the video like 1 hour after I posted.

Still reeling from the hype from the full trailer. I need the theme, I need it now. Inject it in to my veins!
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2021-05-15 at 03:44 AM.

They seem more like just a variant of Miqote. Not as buff as that male viera fanart that was popular on the megathread on the official forums

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Not feeling the grey concrete in Sharlayan. Sure, the architecture has teal lining and there are a lot of plants and trees, but the city is predominately grey concrete! We already have a grey concrete city in Ishgard. Disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

The gaudy yellow and purple mountains of Thavnair make me think I'm looking at the sulfur surface of Jupiter's moon, Io.
    Yeah honestly the new zones are kinda trash visually. Sharlayan just looks like Idyllshire, Thavnair is just ugly and gaudy as fuck, looks like someone is on psychadelics lol, and the moon was fine and clearly very early in development. I’ve been excited for Thavnair for a long time cause I was expecting it to be a lot like Aht Urghan from ffxi :/

Yeah honestly the new zones are kinda trash visually. Sharlayan just looks like Idyllshire, Thavnair is just ugly and gaudy as fuck, looks like someone is on psychadelics lol, and the moon was fine and clearly very early in development. I’ve been excited for Thavnair for a long time cause I was expecting it to be a lot like Aht Urghan from ffxi :/
    Who could have imagined Idyllshire and and Sharlayan looked alike. It's almost like they were both built by the same people.

I'm super excited about all of it. Reaper looks great, I hope it lives up to the hype and expectations.

Agreed on the aesthetics of Sharlayan and Thavnair being very gaudy, but I think it gives them a unique aesthetic, and look forward to seeing it in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Who could have imagined Idyllshire and and Sharlayan looked alike. It's almost like they were both built by the same people.
    I understand that but there are plenty of ways they could have made them distinct. But I appreciate your incredibly limited imagination.

I understand that but there are plenty of ways they could have made them distinct. But I appreciate your incredibly limited imagination.
    Oh there are differences if you put your two brain cells together. At least it would be obvious if you even had that many.

I missed the video of todays coverage of fianl fantasy fest is there a page that shows everything mentioned to read.. like did we get any info on when pre orders will be?
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396