Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Again, refusing to entertain every last little request ever made is not equal to a lack of empathy.

Strip away everything from a game that people dislike based on irrational fears and cowardice and there won't be anything left to play altogether.

In other news and related to the whole 'slippery slope' argument, some people in the FFXIV community now want to try and cancel Koji Fox:

https://twitter.com/hexatomic/status...25864823889928

So far it doesn't appear to be getting a huge amount of traction, though.
    I am looking over the blog post that tweet linked to and I am struggling, really struggling to find out what the issue is?

EDIT: I am guessing it's the part where Koji describes himself sneaking up behind the female vocalist, and yeah, that is kinda creepy.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2021-08-01 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Which expansion relics are the easiest / least time-consuming to get? I started doing ARR (DRG) and I'm now at the part where I have to do 9 books with each book having like 20 things to do in it...yikes. Are HW / SB / ShB relics just as bad or is one of them easier than the others?
    HW relic acquisition is the best IMO.
    ARR relic acquisition is the second best but it's a distant second due to the book stage. If not for the books, I'd have completed more ARR relics :P
    SB = crap IMO due to me hating Eureka. If you like Eureka you will probably rate it higher than ARR
    ShB = same as SB. I wanted nothing to do with Bozja which meant another expansion of no relics beyond the stages where doing Bozja/Eureka were required. Again, if you like Bozja, then you'd probably rate it higher than ARR, and probably higher than SB's as well.

There was mention in one of the live letters that Endwalker's relic acquisition will be different, but they did not elaborate on how. I'm hoping that if we see more Eureka/Bozja style content, the Endwalker relic won't be gated by it.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-08-01 at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    ARR relic acquisition is the second best but it's a distant second due to the book stage. If not for the books, I'd have completed more ARR relics :P
    SB = crap IMO due to me hating Eureka. If you like Eureka you will probably rate it higher than ARR
    ShB = same as SB. I wanted nothing to do with Bozja which meant another expansion of no relics beyond the stages where doing Bozja/Eureka were required. Again, if you like Bozja, then you'd probably rate it higher than ARR, and probably higher than SB's as well.

There was mention in one of the live letters that Endwalker's relic acquisition will be different, but they did not elaborate on how. I'm hoping that if we see more Eureka/Bozja style content, the Endwalker relic won't be gated by it.
    You can progress the ShB relic without doing much in Bozja to be honest. Also Bozja is far less tedious than Eureka is. The critical engagements are basically just minibosses that are quite fun. I'd give it a shot if you were misinformed that it's a lot like Eureka.

10+ Year Old Account

To get them all til november, i try to do one shb relic each week (currently 3-8 missing (i always have one relic on each quest step)) - all quests (from the second) take me around 8 hours. I don't think any other relic can be gotten that fast.

But i don't mind Bozja/Zadnor, i actually enjoy them. Minibosses are fun - bombing castrum/dalriada with insane damage numbers is also always fun.

Does the ARR Crystal Tower questline end up in the log in the inn? I'm confused on what does and doesn't make it into there. Seems like all the voiced cutscenes do, but there's a lot that's not voiced that I'd like to revisit.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Does the ARR Crystal Tower questline end up in the log in the inn? I'm confused on what does and doesn't make it into there. Seems like all the voiced cutscenes do, but there's a lot that's not voiced that I'd like to revisit.
    You can replay it through NG+.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    You can replay it through NG+.
    I don't want to do those raids again.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

5+ Year Old Account
    You can rewatch the cutscenes again through that.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

It's under the 'Chronicles of a New Era' tab. Then click on the drop down to select The Crystal Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    It's under the 'Chronicles of a New Era' tab. Then click on the drop down to select The Crystal Tower.
    Yay, thank you!

@Poppincaps, @Pannonian

I've tried Bozja, but it just isn't the kind of content I enjoy. Same can be said for Eureka, though I do agree that Eureka was far more tedious than Bozja. I don't mind that the content isn't for me. I just feel a measure of resentment that the relic questlines, which was content that used to be for me, has become something that is no longer for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Endwalker's relic acquisition will be more to my liking.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Poppincaps, @Pannonian

I've tried Bozja, but it just isn't the kind of content I enjoy. Same can be said for Eureka, though I do agree that Eureka was far more tedious than Bozja. I don't mind that the content isn't for me. I just feel a measure of resentment that the relic questlines, which was content that used to be for me, has become something that is no longer for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Endwalker's relic acquisition will be more to my liking.
    Well, you can do most of the actual material grind for the relic outside of the instances.
    You just need to level and do the dungeons once to unlock the story and relic quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    These fucking Twitter people, though.

"This has sat like a stone in my stomach for years."

Really? Did it really? Pretty sure a large number of these people are just there to chase clout by acting like they're the moral vanguard of the inquisition.

It remains fascinating to me that these people are supposedly so horrified by something that they continue to support that very thing on a financial basis.

They're so disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well, you can do most of the actual material grind for the relic outside of the instances.
    You just need to level and do the dungeons once to unlock the story and relic quests.
    I get that. And at first I thought I was going to be able to do the ShB relic because I had the option to get the progression items outside of Bozja... until I hit the point where I had no choice but to do Bozja. That's where I stopped. I have no desire to "level" through Bozja's unique leveling system. I simply have no interest in engaging in the content. It's just not fun for me.

I also refuse to subject myself through this content I don't enjoy even once, just to get past that barrier, because doing so would include me in a statistic that the devs can interpret as "This person did the content. They must like it.". I don't want to give the devs the impression that I like it because I don't, and I don't want to encourage them to keep tying the relic (or dyeable class armor) exclusively to this type of content. I'd have been perfectly fine with the ShB relic acquisition if the entire process could be done outside of Bozja but I understand why that might not make sense story-wise.

I'm hoping that Endwalker's acquisition process is more flexible throughout the entire process so everyone can do the content they enjoy to complete their relics.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-08-02 at 06:45 AM.

I get that. And at first I thought I was going to be able to do the ShB relic because I had the option to get the progression items outside of Bozja... until I hit the point where I had no choice but to do Bozja. That's where I stopped. I have no desire to "level" through Bozja's unique leveling system. I simply have no interest in engaging in the content. It's just not fun for me.

I also refuse to subject myself through this content I don't enjoy even once, just to get past that barrier, because doing so would include me in a statistic that the devs can interpret as "This person did the content. They must like it.". I don't want to give the devs the impression that I like it because I don't, and I don't want to encourage them to keep tying the relic (or dyeable class armor) exclusively to this type of content. I'd have been perfectly fine with the ShB relic acquisition if the entire process could be done outside of Bozja but I understand why that might not make sense story-wise.

I'm hoping that Endwalker's acquisition process is more flexible throughout the entire process so everyone can do the content they enjoy to complete their relics.
    Can you explain (sprout so dont understand relics at all) - even in bullet points, why hw is so good? Im asking because if its super fun, i might make a diversion. You dont have to explain, i just want to figure out if its something worth doing...

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like that too but I doubt it. Bozja and Eureka were too much of a success for that to happen.
    At least leveling in Bozja is relatively quick, compared to Eureka. Ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Can you explain (sprout so dont understand relics at all) - even in bullet points, why hw is so good? Im asking because if its super fun, i might make a diversion. You dont have to explain, i just want to figure out if its something worth doing...
    Personally, I think the HW relics are consistently the best looking. Most if not all of the Lux weapons are top tier. You can look up what they look like on Youtube. That being said, the relic itself has a decent enough story behind it. It's pretty grindy though, so I don't think I'd halt your MSQ progress to do it. It might burn you out.

I generally don't randomly post fanmade stuff but I thought this was very well made and worthy enough to share.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Some people hated the Heavensward relic acquisition process so please understand that my view is biased since it involves content I enjoy, but what I liked about it is that a large part of the process could be done solo (if slowly) back in the day and most (if not all) can be soloed now. The first step can be completely bypassed if you finished a relic from ARR since you can turn in your old relic for the quest items needed instead of doing fates to get them. That step used to be quite tedious since the quest item drop rate was only about 20% at the time but it's been buffed considerably since then so working on a HW relic now is less tedious.

Generally speaking, I enjoy fates. So the fate aspect of the HW relic wasn't off-putting to me. I also enjoy dungeons so the later steps (which require quite a bit of dungeon delving) were also pleasant for me back then, and more so now since I can solo them all. Since I enjoy dungeons, I am also typically overflowing with poetics and company seals, both of which can be used to advance certain steps of the relic. Crafting is another aspect of the game I enjoy, and crafting can be one of several methods to advance one of the HW relic stages.

For someone who doesn't enjoy doing dungeons (and doesn't acquire poetics and seals hand over fist like I do), the process of getting the HW relic can be unpleasant since it requires A LOT of dungeon running, by default, and more to get the necessary currencies. The process is even more enjoyable for me post nerfs since I can do it all solo and at my whim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I would like that too but I doubt it. Bozja and Eureka were too much of a success for that to happen.
    At least leveling in Bozja is relatively quick, compared to Eureka. Ugh.
    It's not like I want SE to stop making that content. I know people enjoy it. I just don't want it to be the ONLY path to completing a relic weapon. I am curious about how different the Endwalker relic acquisition will be since SE made it a point of mentioning that it will be different, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the method is to my liking by default or at least has an alternative path to any sort of Eureka/Bozja style content.

It's not like I want SE to stop making that content. I know people enjoy it. I just don't want it to be the ONLY path to completing a relic weapon. I am curious about how different the Endwalker relic acquisition will be since SE made it a point of mentioning that it will be different, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the method is to my liking by default or at least has an alternative path to any sort of Eureka/Bozja style content.
    I'm skeptical we will get another Eureka/Bozja in EW, given how the IVth Legion storyline was cancelled, which would have likely led given us another Eureka/Bozja in the form of Lea Monde (the capital of Dalmasca and where Gabranth was based). Which is a shame because I liked the boss fight design of the critical engagements and Castrum/Dalriada.