1. #50121
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Just finished Zadnor and I'm pissed. This was the biggest cop out of the whole game. Your choices don't impact ANYTHING. No, not even what they gave us in Eureka, where your choice may not have had an impact on the main story or anything outside of Eureka, but still was SOMETHING. This was a joke.
    Wait until you read the Field Report of Noah and see that Lyon was planning mutiny against Noah -- and just decides to kill him thus breaking Garlemands hold over Dalmasca thus freeing the nation....all documented in a Field Record off screen

    God, how bad this ending is.
    Last edited by TidalConflux; 2021-05-27 at 11:48 PM.

  2. #50122
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,095
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    Wait until you read the Field Report of Noah and see that Lyon was planning mutiny against Noah -- and just decides to kill him thus breaking Garlemands hold over Dalmasca thus freeing the nation....all documented in a Field Record off screen

    God, how bad this ending is.
    are you serious?

    - - - Updated - - -

    if that's how it ends, wow

    . - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

  3. #50123
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    are you serious?

    - - - Updated - - -

    if that's how it ends, wow
    What a good way to ruin a plot point. It honestly felt like they forgot that Gabranth wasnt going to be actually defeated at the end of Bozja and then just decided to off-screen write him off. Sure, the field record gives some leeway for him to still be alive (his body was apparently heavily burnt and unidentifiable; but still got confirmed to be Gabranth) but it just feels so unrewarding and a gut punch to a potentially good story point

  4. #50124
    For christ sake. After the the Endwalker MSQ I'm done with this crap.

  5. #50125
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    What a good way to ruin a plot point. It honestly felt like they forgot that Gabranth wasnt going to be actually defeated at the end of Bozja and then just decided to off-screen write him off. Sure, the field record gives some leeway for him to still be alive (his body was apparently heavily burnt and unidentifiable; but still got confirmed to be Gabranth) but it just feels so unrewarding and a gut punch to a potentially good story point
    I mean, I find it weird that they put all that in a note. But I think it stupid to assume all in there is true. I feel it is more likely is it that Gabs didn't die. His plans continue and he'll be a sidequest antagonist, away from the Garlean empire in a post-endwalker scenario. It should have been cutscened of course, but given the Covid situation I wouldn't be surprised if it put a stop to some of that.

  6. #50126
    Quote Originally Posted by The Offbeat View Post
    I mean, I find it weird that they put all that in a note. But I think it stupid to assume all in there is true. I feel it is more likely is it that Gabs didn't die. His plans continue and he'll be a sidequest antagonist, away from the Garlean empire in a post-endwalker scenario. It should have been cutscened of course, but given the Covid situation I wouldn't be surprised if it put a stop to some of that.
    Counterpoint: This whole side thing of Gabranth possibly being alive is kind of a reference to the ending of FF12 where Basch takes up his brothers armor and poses as him to guard Larsa to honor Gabranth's dying wish. If anything -- how does Noah pose a threat at all if he is reduced to a sickly man without any Garlean backing at all or any resources that he had? It makes no sense storywise unless you retract the Field Notes or you make stuff up by the seam of your pants.

    Even if this was the case that the story progresses: How would it fit into Endwalker? 6.0 is the end of the story with the new one beginning next patch. The Alliance raids are dealing with the Gods of the FF14 world and the Normal Raids seem to be Ascian based....where does it fit in especially with a supposed brand new narrative?

  7. #50127
    It fit in perfectly with a Garlean world war expansion but for reasons we'll never know they bypassed that and pissed away all the build up to the Empire from the game's inception all the way up to the last patch in Stormblood.

  8. #50128
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    It fit in perfectly with a Garlean world war expansion but for reasons we'll never know they bypassed that and pissed away all the build up to the Empire from the game's inception all the way up to the last patch in Stormblood.
    It seems like they are hell-bent on having a complete clean slate by the time endwalker ends. It's pretty obvious this wasn't always the plan, otherwise they wouldn't have setup all the subplots they now struggle to quickly tie together. There is far too much going on to finish it properly by 6.0. 6.1 is supposed to build up the new enemy, good luck with that.

    It's sad how they are dismantling the Garlean Empire mostly behind the scenes.

  9. #50129
    Finally, a ShB MSQ that didn’t feel like filler. Renewed my interest in the game, and now I’m ready to Endwalk on the moon and fight Fandango.

  10. #50130
    The Lightbringer Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Seriously Val, you have such a hard on for characters dying. From the way they've been talking I'm sure some of the Scions will die in Endwalker.
    I'm on his side. It is hard to feel tension when nobody of import dies in the struggle. Fuck, the last one to do so was Papalymo.
    Now I love this game, best MMO I've played, the villains are fantastic and the music godlike. BUT I'm honestly saying we will part ways if Endwalker doesn't deliver.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post

    It's sad how they are dismantling the Garlean Empire mostly behind the scenes.
    Actually I like it. Sure it would have been nice to pay a visit back when it was standing, but it makes sense for an empire built around the charisma of Solus to slowly eat itself after he died. And while this can be annoying in an MMO, it makes the world more real. Things happen indepdently of our action. We aren't needed for literally everything.

  11. #50131
    Perhaps this has already been discussed but with the endwalker being the end of the story and hints of the next one possibly taking place in a wholly different continent or even time I wonder if there is going to be some sort of reset.

    Bottomline wise a relaunch is probably a good idea, starting new players of fresh with shadow bringer content quality rather then forcing them to slog through ARR would likely have an drastic effect on player retention, besides fresh starts/new mmo's are insanely popular in general in their initial phase. But a fresh start would need to have some effect on the old players/characters if not outright requiring a new character with the ARR>Endwalker stuff being partioned off into 'classic' servers perhaps.

    As someone who has tried to get into ff14 but failed to push through the older content many multiple times over the years (I've finished ARR about 5 times on different servers)
    I'd welcome such a decision but what does people actually playing at the end think about it.

  12. #50132
    The Lightbringer Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    Perhaps this has already been discussed but with the endwalker being the end of the story and hints of the next one possibly taking place in a wholly different continent or even time I wonder if there is going to be some sort of reset.

    Bottomline wise a relaunch is probably a good idea
    , starting new players of fresh with shadow bringer content quality rather then forcing them to slog through ARR would likely have an drastic effect on player retention, besides fresh starts/new mmo's are insanely popular in general in their initial phase. But a fresh start would need to have some effect on the old players/characters if not outright requiring a new character with the ARR>Endwalker stuff being partioned off into 'classic' servers perhaps.

    As someone who has tried to get into ff14 but failed to push through the older content many multiple times over the years (I've finished ARR about 5 times on different servers)
    I'd welcome such a decision but what does people actually playing at the end think about it.
    Highly unlikely. Decisions like the belt removal and the number crunch suggest they want to go on for long without a system change.

    They could go with the ESO route with making standalone story arcs, but would need a lot of alternative dialogues to accomodate the choices. We shall see. I don't think they will delete all the story.

  13. #50133
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Finally, a ShB MSQ that didn’t feel like filler. Renewed my interest in the game, and now I’m ready to Endwalk on the moon and fight Fandango.
    I dont know what its been up with ShB Post-MSQ -- after Hades, everything just feels really weird with them just rushing through to finish things (5.3 and 5.4 felt very much like this).

    5.55 has been good except for my main issue with Fourchanault and the random stare at the moon ending scene

  14. #50134
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    It's sad how they are dismantling the Garlean Empire mostly behind the scenes.
    Personally, I kind of like how they are doing so. While Garlemald was likely intended to be nearly an expansion on it's own at some point (or at least a crazy end dungeon or inaccessible villain), I think it really shows the strength of Zenos & Fandaniel that Garlemald was basically jobbed out to them really quickly. Is it scarier to face & take down a city or to face the two people who brought down that city on their own and are now using it to feed other means?

    Plus, I think it brings more of a thought behind the true nature of Garlemald. Since it was initially created by the Ascians who largely are driven to revive Zodiark, that then to me means that it's purpose is meant to be more than just a realm of conquerors. That makes me really excited to see what Fandaniel has in store for us and what the actual reason is that Garlemald & the Garlean Empire was created.


    ----------------------------------

    On a completely different note, how do people here think Square will handle the job quests for the two new jobs? Given that we shift to role quests starting at 70 with only a continuation job quest at 80 (likely 90 as well), it doesn't feel like the current setup will train the new roles and/or give them the same story level that jobs currently have.

  15. #50135
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    On a completely different note, how do people here think Square will handle the job quests for the two new jobs? Given that we shift to role quests starting at 70 with only a continuation job quest at 80 (likely 90 as well), it doesn't feel like the current setup will train the new roles and/or give them the same story level that jobs currently have.
    It really bums me out that their letting for of the job quests. I get that it's harder to make the stories the more jobs they introduce, but I love the extra back ground, lore, and feeling of being the job these quests deliver. I love when rpg's give class/job specific stories. It's why legion is up there as one of my favorite expansions in wow.

  16. #50136
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post

    On a completely different note, how do people here think Square will handle the job quests for the two new jobs? Given that we shift to role quests starting at 70 with only a continuation job quest at 80 (likely 90 as well), it doesn't feel like the current setup will train the new roles and/or give them the same story level that jobs currently have.
    They'll probably still do 10 levels of job quests then a quest at 90. It'll only be complicated for people leveling through ShB for the first time with Reaper or Sage.

  17. #50137
    Can someone recommend a good class with good aoe that

    a) Doesnt require me to memorize a shit lot of combos
    b) Doesnt require me to finish the whole ARR story to unlock? (good bye machinist, i never got to test you)
    c) Fuck BLM rotations

  18. #50138
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Can someone recommend a good class with good aoe that

    a) Doesnt require me to memorize a shit lot of combos
    b) Doesnt require me to finish the whole ARR story to unlock? (good bye machinist, i never got to test you)
    You have to pick one or the other. Can't pick both.

    Once you hit level 50 and finish the ARR 2.0 base storyline, you can unlock Samurai and Red Mage (if you own the Stormblood expansion). They are very easy to play and quite fun. Gunbreaker and Dancer unlocked at level 60 are also quite easy and fun to play.

    If you really, really want a non-expansion job, then the only job with that is really fun and easy to play, then there is Ninja, which you can unlock after you get level 10 on another combat job by going to Limsa and doing the Rogue quests. However, it requires memorizing a few combos for the ninjutsu.

    Otherwise, the easiest job in the game that you can play right away is White Mage. You only have to press 4 buttons: Cure as your single target heal, Medica as your AoE heal, Stone as your single target attack, and Holy as your AoE attack. That's it. Probably the easiest job in the game and also possibly the most boring.

    . - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

  19. #50139
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Can someone recommend a good class with good aoe that

    a) Doesnt require me to memorize a shit lot of combos
    b) Doesnt require me to finish the whole ARR story to unlock? (good bye machinist, i never got to test you)
    c) Fuck BLM rotations
    Hehehehehe thats a nice joke.

  20. #50140
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Personally, I kind of like how they are doing so.
    ----------------------------------

    On a completely different note, how do people here think Square will handle the job quests for the two new jobs? Given that we shift to role quests starting at 70 with only a continuation job quest at 80 (likely 90 as well), it doesn't feel like the current setup will train the new roles and/or give them the same story level that jobs currently have.
    I understand your point, but I don't think doing this with something that important to FFXIVs lore is a good idea. It was an even more prominent enemy than the Ascians for most of the game. Just my opinion but going to a civil war Garlemald sounds a lot more interesting than a trip to scholar or trader island.
    ------
    I guess they will simply do job quests for the new ones. The will probably not be on the First, but in Eorzea. Don't see why the class quests should interfere with that.

    Am I the only one really sad that they didn't bring the Inspector back in Shadowbringers? I am kinda underwhelmed how little content there is in the Shadowbringer patches. A shame after the magnificent base expansion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •