Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Oh god, here's hoping he goes to Primal.
    Yeah, keep Asmon's community off of crystal please.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I don't know how long he will last, since unlike Bellular, I doubt he's that much into the story. However, apparently quite a chunk of players from his classic raiding guild have switched over, so he would at least have people to guide him. He's probably going to play either Highlander or Roegadyn.

If he's going to stream it, I expect the cancer that is his chat to completely ruin the experience for him though, so I hope he will play it off stream, and play up to at least HW. After that, it remains to be seen if he likes the gameplay enough to get over the anime culture of the game.
    To be fair, I hope Bellular screws off as well. I saw that he made a video talking about raids in FF14 -- when he admitted to only playing to Level 18 in Gridania. On top of that, his co-host Matt has only done ShB and ARR raids.

Like...it just comes off as grifty.

Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    To be fair, I hope Bellular screws off as well. I saw that he made a video talking about raids in FF14 -- when he admitted to only playing to Level 18 in Gridania. On top of that, his co-host Matt has only done ShB and ARR raids.

I agree that Bellular seems a little too gung ho about it considering he's just started, but his cohost seems incredibly genuine. Also why can't he make a comparison after doing two of the raid series? That's half the raids in the entire game. That's an entirely fair amount to be able to judge the game's raids.

Honestly I've spent months playing the game, and I think its got a great story, and its a good social hangout for friends, but it doesnt have a lot of good MMO Features. The dungeons aren't iconic, most of the monsters dont have a strong silhouette, I haven't met anyone in the game, nor have I been compelled to interact with anyone beyond a 'look for group' button...

Everything enjoyable about this game could exist outside an MMORPG. I'm told the raiding is pretty dull too.

The fashion is fantastic, I really love how the characters look too.

Maybe I'll return eventually.
    thinly veiled high elf thread

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • Nonsense? Hm... well I don't think any of them are super trashy.
    • Work to Game has 60k subscribers, uploads at least one video a day (mostly guides for new players, regurgitating info, etc), gets at least 1-2k views per average video. Sometimes their videos get upwards of 50k views. If you've been playing FFXIV for a year there is no reason to sub to him.
    • Meoni has 80k subscribers, uploads multiple videos a week regurgitating the smallest bit of news, be it a new store mount or a new screenshot being posted on a patch website, or something Yoshida off handedly said in an interview, or whatever. His average video gets between 5k and 20k views, gets 50k views more often than Work to Game. Stay subbed only if you just want a news feed of everything FFXIV so you don't miss anything.
    • Mr. Happy has 180k subscribers. He leans towards raid guides and hour long podcast discussions with other streamers (namely Ethys and SlyTheFox). Gets 5k views for his raid guilds and 10k to 20k for his other stuff like news and podcasts. Has a habit of dominating the conversation in the podcasts. Maybe sub if you're a raider.
    • Ethys is more into the lore of the game. I suppose he's a little bit like the Nobbel of FFXIV but doesn't put together as well produced videos. I guess maybe sub if you want to here a FFXIV lore nerd speculate about the game.
    • SlyTheFox is probably the most interesting guy to listen to out of all of them. Astute observations of stuff, and he's pretty honest. Doesn't hold his tongue or anything about how he feels, doesn't rage, etc. Wish he had a Youtube channel.
    • And ofcourse there is Zepla who has 160k subscribers. Is pleasant to listen to. I stay subbed to her because she doesn't clog up my subscriptions with useless videos and they're usually straight to the point, explain what the thing she is talking about is, and breaks down her feelings on it. If she has a video it's usually worthwhile.

On a related note, if you're really into story and game design, I'd recommend checking out the Lorerunner (Final Fantasy and Warcraft supernerd). He goes into detail about the people who made a game and the history behind its development and interviews. He has a let's play of Shadowbringers and the patch content up to 5.3 (he's saving 5.4 and 5.5 for when he does Endwalker) and his breakdowns are pretty insightful.
    I would add MTQcapture for strategies off raid, dungeons, etc. Very calm and informative.

He's already announced that he will try the game and stream it. Its only the matter of how far he gets and what happens.
    To be fair he didn't say he will stream it, did he? He said he will try it. He might play it off stream like Bellular. Bellular actually suggested him to do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    To be fair he didn't say he will stream it, did he? He said he will try it. He might play it off stream like Bellular. Bellular actually suggested him to do just that.
    He said he would in a follow-up tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I agree that Bellular seems a little too gung ho about it considering he's just started, but his cohost seems incredibly genuine. Also why can't he make a comparison after doing two of the raid series? That's half the raids in the entire game. That's an entirely fair amount to be able to judge the game's raids.
    To me, Im not the biggest fan of the ShB raids. I think with how available the raids are to play (unlike WoW) -- you should have an experience in all of them for speaking on the matter. Specifically with things like the Ivalice saga, Omega, etc.

Its personal preference honestly. But Matt has more experience and I think he does add some insight. But the overall message is tainted when the main content creator is basically not even close to even sniffing a raid.

Sure, that might be. I don't feel anything towards Bellular, neither in a good nor bad way. I'm just saying that at least compared to Asmongold, Bellular is more into story and as such is more likely to enjoy FF14. My personal guess is that Asmongold won't like it enough to play it past the trial, though. And it's even questionable if he will last until HW.

Out of curiosity, how are the post-ARR quests after the rework? Are they still a giant slog? Because if so, then that would probably put a huge dent into his enthusiasm aswell.
    Last edited by Sangris; 2021-06-12 at 03:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

He said he would in a follow-up tweet.

Ahh I didn't see that one. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Sure, that might be. I don't feel anything towards Bellular, neither in a good nor bad way. I'm just saying that at least compared to Asmongold, Bellular is more into story and as such is more likely to enjoy FF14. My personal guess is that Asmongold won't like it enough to play it past the trial, though. And it's even questionable if he will last until HW.

Out of curiosity, how are the post-ARR quests after the rework? Are they still a giant slog? Because if so, then that would probably put a huge dent into his enthusiasm aswell.
    They are better. They removed a lot of the dumb shit like searching for ingredients for Minfilia's mom's perfume. Flying also makes it go smoother as well since you can get around more quickly.

Parts of it are still a little bit of a slog, but you can't really remove some of those bits because they become relevant later on.

Bellular will do anything that gives him traffic. Dude was a huge shill when he started but learned he could get more views shitting on the game. FF14 is just the next extension of this. All the FF14 players excited that he's looking at the game have no idea what they're in for.
    Last edited by Dakhath; 2021-06-12 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Bellular will do anything that gives him traffic. Dude was a huge shill when he started but learned he could get more views shitting on the game. FF14 is just the next extension of this. All the FF14 excited that he's looking at the game have no idea what they're in for.
    100%. He is totally shameless about doing whatever the YT algorithms say is popular at the time and the mask slips off now and then.

>My character is thinking about having a drink with Aymeric

>Minfilia appears in her thought to try and cockblock her

someone remind me again why minfilia isnt absolute crap?

Edit: How is it possible for Thancred to have become such a mega chad
    Last edited by Leyre; 2021-06-13 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    >My character is thinking about having a drink with Aymeric

>Minfilia appears in her thought to try and cockblock her

someone remind me again why minfilia isnt absolute crap?

Edit: How is it possible for Thancred to have become such a mega chad
    Minfillia, along with Papalymo and Alphinaud, was the only Scion I liked pre Stormblood (when I started liking Alisae).

. - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

I never understood why Minfilia was the leader. She didn't seem to command any more respect than Y'shtola or Urianger did. She was also useless in combat, not that that's a requirement to be a leader, but Raubahn for instance became a leader due to his physical prowess and then had the leadership skills to back it up.

Minfilia was aight though. I kinda don't like that she didn't play a bigger role in the story.

Wasn't she the only Scion stationed at the waking sands with the Echo? I know Krile had it, but she seems like an afterthought, at least originally.

RIP Me

My queues where always at most 30 people, wtf just happened in Lamia lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I never understood why Minfilia was the leader. She didn't seem to command any more respect than Y'shtola or Urianger did. She was also useless in combat, not that that's a requirement to be a leader, but Raubahn for instance became a leader due to his physical prowess and then had the leadership skills to back it up.

Minfilia was aight though. I kinda don't like that she didn't play a bigger role in the story.
    Blonde, big tits, blue eyes, dumber than a brick, mommy issues, she was the perfect leader /s

Im also glad she's no longer an active part of the game, can you imagine having her as the face of FFXIV instead of Y'shtola?

Also, since im new to FFXIV im pretty sure y'all already saw this but holy shit does this encapsualtes my feeling about minfilia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuELXU0OEs4&t=318s
    Last edited by Leyre; 2021-06-13 at 08:14 PM.

How long do we expect Asmongold to play FF14 for? Pseudo poll time.
    I'd be surprised if he lasts 8 hours. FFXIV is a great game, just not to stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    I'd be surprised if he lasts 8 hours. FFXIV is a great game, just not to stream.
    Vegeta, what does the scouter say about the Asmongold playing FFXIV situation?

Beep Boop

Entertainment: 10/10
    Chances of a shit show: 95%
    Chances of anyone getting offended: 10/10
    Death threats, drama and content: 9.5/10
    Chances for a wholesome nice and chill stream: 0.5/10

Thanks Vegeta

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    RIP Me

My queues where always at most 30 people, wtf just happened in Lamia lol
    Some streamer who plays both of the big two said shes invited asmongold to that datacenter but not which server so i imagine whatever has character creation open is getting flooded by people about to spam "INVITE TO ASMON LAYER" in limsa.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash