Finally achieved a personal goal I had for a few years now (I'm lazy so I don't do Gold Saucer stuff all that much), and got the Gambler's Glamour set (and I still have enough MGP left over for the FFXV mount once the event returns).

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else continuously stuck in the login queue?
    I always have to repeatedly restart the game because the queue always ends up freezing on a random number.

And when i see freeze, i mean it.
    As in waiting for 40-50 minutes and it won't budge.

Been happening on pretty much every evening for the last 4 days, when the queue is the longest.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-08-21 at 07:52 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm surprised we aren't seeing an explosion of machinima for FFXIV yet. WoW had a huge machinima scene, but FFXIV's machinima scene was pretty dead, despite FFXIV having better inbuilt tools for making them (as well as allowing mods so you can model swap without being banned). I'd imagine WoW players coming from a game that had a machinima culture would have taken up machinima making. It's an easy, untapped market to move into and swoop up a a ton of attention.
    Final Fantasy 14 in general doesn't have the content creator breadth that WoW does. It's one of my "issues" with the game, but that does seem to be changing since a lot of WoW content creators are coming over.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

Are they getting DDoSed again?
    No it's the same almost every night at that time in EU. The WoW exodus has caused the servers to reach a breaking point during prime time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    No it's the same almost every night at that time in EU. The WoW exodus has caused the servers to reach a breaking point during prime time.
    Oh no no, i posted that when there actually was a DDoS attack on EU servers.
    https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news...attack-3019184

Had constant dcs and queues even bigger that the one in the screenshot.
    Hence why i asked.

Formerly known as Arafal

there does seem to be a lot of connection lost today (moogle/chaos), it was fine until 9:30 am (UTC+2) and now I had to close the game after 1/2h trying to stay connected more than 2 min. taking 4 cuts on a tree took more than a minute, disconnected symbol on many players, connection lost.
    I tried to go level a low level job on PotD to see if an instance would protect from the problem and it didn't even last a whole 4 levels inside >_<

the only people not touched by the problem seems to be the ones in the 72 players dungeon ? don't know what it is as my main is FRG 44 yet, and the ARR MSQ is still around 35 ^^

Didn't type a single thing in chat, we wiped a couple of times, played bard dps, first time ever triple com in 4man content.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    Didn't type a single thing in chat, we wiped a couple of times, played bard dps, first time ever triple com in 4man content.
    It's also possible that these guys were in a preformed party, they can't commend each other. Not saying you were bad, just that it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Thanks for an explanation. Guess it means dragoon is going to be far on the list of jobs to level
    its really just something to adjust to regarding the flow of fights. To not mindless commit to actions and get yourself killed.

All classes have some aspect of it to perform at their best and not get killed, like BLM's figuring out the best locations to lay their circles down based on the mechanics of a fight so they can move the least or come back to it the quickest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Final Fantasy 14 in general doesn't have the content creator breadth that WoW does. It's one of my "issues" with the game, but that does seem to be changing since a lot of WoW content creators are coming over.
    FFXIV has a lot of content creators, but they lack the same support and attention needed to dedicate themselves to such a pursuit for long enough to rise to that level. Hopefully that will change and more inspiration will push things forward. (that and so many peoples lives right now being complicated by RL stuff).

On a related side note. One thing I do miss is the wowhead level of dedication by a skillful few fans to develop comprehensive, accessible and user friendly online information systems. FFXIV's fan made info websites are lacking that way but stuff like WoWhead is rare, I might even say one of a kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Doubt this is gonna be linked on the front page anymore.
    Oh the amount of down with the ship blizzdrones screaming things like "traitor", "we are going to ruin you" and "another fucking shill paid by the japs to attack the god of games" were some common recurring comments from the copium cavalcade in his comments. The sunk cost is very real.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Oh the amount of down with the ship blizzdrones screaming things like "traitor", "we are going to ruin you" and "another fucking shill paid by the japs to attack the god of games" were some common recurring comments from the copium cavalcade in his comments. The sunk cost is very real.
    People on the other end don't seem to realize that FFXIV and its community don't want WoW to fail or die. That will be the worse case scenario for the entire mmo industry, catastrophic in its consequences.

Hopefully the competition will help WoW steer off it's current path (instead of double downing), reorient and prosper.

A scenario where the current situation is temporary and some streamers go back to WoW is considered ideal and healthy. Sought out and hoped for, infact.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Hopefully the competition will help WoW steer off it's current path (instead of double downing), reorient and prosper.
    This is what I am hoping for. I really don't WoW to die. I want it to reorient and thrive again. I just hope this wake up call gets the WoW devs to reorient in the right direction.

There's a place in my heart for both games and I'd to lose either of them.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-08-22 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I don't understand what's so difficult about saying you're new to a dungeon and don't know where to go or how to do boss fights. I have no issue typing out a quick summary. Yesterday was particularly bad with deaths in low level dungeons because people aren't up front about not knowing what to do. I'm now 3 for 3 on healers getting knocked off the Titan platform and the tank in Halatali spent the entire second boss fight dead because of trying to tank it in the middle while the rest of us were waiting on the ramp.
    It could be a number of reasons, but from my experience as someone returning to the game after taking a 6-year break, you can get people acting like imbeciles once/even if you say so. I am levelling a paladin alt just to refresh my memory on the dungeons before I can have them all in the daily roulette with my main, I mention every time that I don't remember the dungeons very well and while the responses are mostly helpful, they can be also be particularly unhelpful and impolite. It is what it is and I am not fussed about it, other MMOs have given plenty of training on that kind of behaviour unfortunately, but it can turn people off.

I would say that if you are happy to provide explanations to new people, based on my experience with other MMOs you can perhaps say so at the beginning of the dungeon. I have been very surprised by how many people raised their hands once I did so in the past. I would also love it if SE incorporated a dungeon journal like WoW's in the game just to give players a quick taste of what abilities will pop, but that's a different discussion.

Is there a trick to getting out of combat with target dummies?

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I would also love it if SE incorporated a dungeon journal like WoW's in the game just to give players a quick taste of what abilities will pop, but that's a different discussion.
    I miss WoW's adventure guide so much. I wish FFXIV would implement something like that.

I would get mixed responses when I said I was new. Some would be helpful, others would say "no worries" or nothing. I didn't encounter any toxicity. Sometimes there's a message that at least one player has never done the encounter before, I don't know how reliable going by who's watching the cinematic is. Most of the time it's not a big deal not knowing mechanics for early ARR stuff, but I have had the worst luck with Titan.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

It could be a number of reasons, but from my experience as someone returning to the game after taking a 6-year break, you can get people acting like imbeciles once/even if you say so. I am levelling a paladin alt just to refresh my memory on the dungeons before I can have them all in the daily roulette with my main, I mention every time that I don't remember the dungeons very well and while the responses are mostly helpful, they can be also be particularly unhelpful and impolite. It is what it is and I am not fussed about it, other MMOs have given plenty of training on that kind of behaviour unfortunately, but it can turn people off.

I would say that if you are happy to provide explanations to new people, based on my experience with other MMOs you can perhaps say so at the beginning of the dungeon. I have been very surprised by how many people raised their hands once I did so in the past. I would also love it if SE incorporated a dungeon journal like WoW's in the game just to give players a quick taste of what abilities will pop, but that's a different discussion.
    I only recently started, and avoid any dungeon guides to avoid spoilers, I always tell when I'm new somewhere. I didn't have a single negative reaction to that, yet. However, in most cases, it's just ignored. I guess the split for me was around 75% ignored, 20% of the time someone explained something, and in around 5% we were all new and just learned as we went through the instance. Though I play healer in most cases in instanced content, and there wasn't a single non-intuitive mechanic for healers in any dungeon / trial I've seen, yet, so people might just tend to ignore it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Is there a trick to getting out of combat with target dummies?

I miss WoW's adventure guide so much. I wish FFXIV would implement something like that.

I would get mixed responses when I said I was new. Some would be helpful, others would say "no worries" or nothing. I didn't encounter any toxicity. Sometimes there's a message that at least one player has never done the encounter before, I don't know how reliable going by who's watching the cinematic is. Most of the time it's not a big deal not knowing mechanics for early ARR stuff, but I have had the worst luck with Titan.
    Rightclick the dummy's health bar. You'll have an option to drop combat (clears DoTs, etc on it).

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    I only recently started, and avoid any dungeon guides to avoid spoilers, I always tell when I'm new somewhere. I didn't have a single negative reaction to that, yet. However, in most cases, it's just ignored. I guess the split for me was around 75% ignored, 20% of the time someone explained something, and in around 5% we were all new and just learned as we went through the instance. Though I play healer in most cases in instanced content, and there wasn't a single non-intuitive mechanic for healers in any dungeon / trial I've seen, yet, so people might just tend to ignore it more.
    Yeah, outside of later raids or the odd dungeon, there's not really much to explain because even if you mess a mechanic up, you'll probably be fine. Unless something will directly result in your death it's not worth explaining. I used to never explain anything at all if it was someone's first time even if it did get them killed because I probably died to that same thing on my first try, why not you! But you know, probably more important for the healer and tank to not die.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Yeah, outside of later raids or the odd dungeon, there's not really much to explain because even if you mess a mechanic up, you'll probably be fine. Unless something will directly result in your death it's not worth explaining. I used to never explain anything at all if it was someone's first time even if it did get them killed because I probably died to that same thing on my first try, why not you! But you know, probably more important for the healer and tank to not die.
    Unfortunately, yesterday I got the Sunken Temple of Qarn while I am 99.99% sure that the healer was also new or returning. So you can imagine how that went, even tough funnily enough I died exclusively on trash mobs and never on the bosses. Anyway, at the end of the day the majority of times people are just fine so that's good enough for me

Unfortunately, yesterday I got the Sunken Temple of Qarn while I am 99.99% sure that the healer was also new or returning. So you can imagine how that went, even tough funnily enough I died exclusively on trash mobs and never on the bosses. Anyway, at the end of the day the majority of times people are just fine so that's good enough for me
    It's the bees. You have to interrupt/stun Final Sting or be at full health or pop a cooldown or kill the bee before the cast finishes. I think it's 90% max health dmg or some such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Rightclick the dummy's health bar. You'll have an option to drop combat (clears DoTs, etc on it).
    I was today years old, after playing FFXIV since the Beta for 2.0, when I found out you could do this.....

Thanks!