1. #50421
    https://www.siliconera.com/final-fan...-says-matsuno/

    What the F Square. So that really is it. Off screen death for a major character behind the conflict delivered in text form in a log many players will never see and that is that.

  2. #50422
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    https://www.siliconera.com/final-fan...-says-matsuno/

    What the F Square. So that really is it. Off screen death for a major character behind the conflict delivered in text form in a log many players will never see and that is that.


    Aw. I was really looking forward to exploring Lea Monde, and getting to see middle aged Ashe.

    It's really jarring how the Shadowbringers patches have been trying to wrap up the game's outstanding plotlines as quickly as possible. Possible Garlemald expansion? Nah, thrown away. Complex city-state politics? Handwaved away. Sour beast tribe and city state relations based off of decades of conflict? Forgotten after a skirmish and a friendly smile. And now all of the setup for the Ivalice storyline has been thrown into the bin too. It feels that there was a shift at Square and they're in a rush to wipe the slate completely clean.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-06-27 at 04:03 AM.

    . - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

  3. #50423
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I want to say this is leading into the "last adventure on this star" comment from from one of the previous patches. I did feel it was a bit early to say we were on our last adventure...

    I'm seriously considering the possibility that they plan to reboot the game entirely after Endwalker. I'm curious, but admittedly a bit concerned for what exactly the plan is in the future.
    They wouldn't bring the current FFXIV to PS5 if it was going to be "rebooted."

  4. #50424
    Is there an alternate downloader for PC? The launcher one crashes after some time, and I have, to restart from the beginning again.

  5. #50425
    try starting as admin.

  6. #50426
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,870
    Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    white mage is super easy. Wanna play a class without a rotation and just spams holy/glare? (right now its stone iv). But its gonna be glare eventually. Point is, im not stuck to some 27 button rotation i need to remember. Instead i have four dps buttons i need to hit (holy, aero, stone/glare, and assize). Assize is some nons... point is, so long as you have medica 2, healing is the easiest rotation in game.
    Yeah I do hope they fix that with Endwalker. Right now, the class is a wee bit too braindead for my taste.

  7. #50427
    Is there any way, that the downloader is able to memory the progress after crashing.
    I sat here for hours, and then it crashes after over 20 GB, and I am supposed to start all over again. Like wth is that monstrosity. And I am not trying to start again, without the guarantee, it would work.
    Why the hell, does the game not remember the download progression.

  8. #50428
    Scarab Lord Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    4,406
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Is there any way, that the downloader is able to memory the progress after crashing.
    I sat here for hours, and then it crashes after over 20 GB, and I am supposed to start all over again. Like wth is that monstrosity. And I am not trying to start again, without the guarantee, it would work.
    Why the hell, does the game not remember the download progression.
    can try https://github.com/goatcorp/FFXIVQuickLauncher

    third party launcher for the game, so ofc use at own risk etc etc.

  9. #50429
    MSQ Skips are such a damn godsend, dont care they are $25, both skips have already payed themselves now that i can level through dungeons

    On another note, its a damn shame the game doesnt allow the usage of mods
    Last edited by Leyre; 2021-06-27 at 07:22 PM.

  10. #50430
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    On another note, its a damn shame the game doesnt allow the usage of mods
    There are quite a lot of mods for FFXIV (stuff that shows you mechanics for boss fights, model and texture replacers, etc), you just can't talk about them in the game's chat channels.

    . - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

  11. #50431
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yeah I do hope they fix that with Endwalker. Right now, the class is a wee bit too braindead for my taste.
    Just give us Aero 3 back...

    Most of the healers are braindead when it comes to dealing damage. Same can be said of WAR, also, when compared to the other tanks.

  12. #50432
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    There are quite a lot of mods for FFXIV (stuff that shows you mechanics for boss fights, model and texture replacers, etc), you just can't talk about them in the game's chat channels.
    I knows about those, still would be cool to have official support for them rather than violating the ToS

  13. #50433
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    can try https://github.com/goatcorp/FFXIVQuickLauncher

    third party launcher for the game, so ofc use at own risk etc etc.
    Okay oO
    I wasn't aware of this one.

  14. #50434
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post


    Aw. I was really looking forward to exploring Lea Monde, and getting to see middle aged Ashe.

    It's really jarring how the Shadowbringers patches have been trying to wrap up the game's outstanding plotlines as quickly as possible. Possible Garlemald expansion? Nah, thrown away. Complex city-state politics? Handwaved away. Sour beast tribe and city state relations based off of decades of conflict? Forgotten after a skirmish and a friendly smile. And now all of the setup for the Ivalice storyline has been thrown into the bin too. It feels that there was a shift at Square and they're in a rush to wipe the slate completely clean.
    I'm seriously starting to get Game of Throne vibes and it's really jarring. The game seriously needed one additional expansion before wrapping it all up. I agree with everything you've said, all the plotlines are getting wrapped up with a bow at a breakneck pace in some mad dash to the finish line. I honestly wonder what the hell happened. A Garlean world war expansion makes the most sense after Stormblood. We'll never know why they went so left of field and resolved everything garlean in the background. We sure could have used an extra xpack though if not to do the Garleans justice, but to give a more organic flow to resolving all of these other plotlines. That that would have ended the story at level 99 would have been even more appropriate falling in line with ff11 and the rest.

  15. #50435
    Man, why is shadowbringers so depressing, meet 1 character from the intro, boom, eaten, meet another thats kinda fun and lively, boom, turned into a eva series 5

    On another note, yay, was finally able to make 7/8 characters now to wait for female cats

  16. #50436
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,047
    Wow just realized the "FF14 problems" thread I started got locked. Pretty glad tbh. I started it is as a way for fans of the game to give constructive criticism, but it pretty quickly turned into haters shitting on the game and people defending it from them.

  17. #50437
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Most of the healers are braindead when it comes to dealing damage. Same can be said of WAR, also, when compared to the other tanks.
    Honestly, since they removed Cleric Stance healers have been super basic all round. And I get why, but it removed any kind of skill expression from the jobs. Healing throughput has never been an issue I've had to contend with, nor has running out of Mana. There's a staggeringly low skill floor to the role now regardless of job and it's disapointing to see.

    Warrior on the other hand is one of the few jobs I think they really nailed the theming on. It delivers on the straight forward smashing stuff it promises from the outset without any extra fluff or quirks on top. Some of the animations really sell the idea of using nothing but overwhelming brute force which really helps sell me on what the job is all about.

  18. #50438
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Honestly, since they removed Cleric Stance healers have been super basic all round. And I get why, but it removed any kind of skill expression from the jobs. Healing throughput has never been an issue I've had to contend with, nor has running out of Mana. There's a staggeringly low skill floor to the role now regardless of job and it's disapointing to see.

    Warrior on the other hand is one of the few jobs I think they really nailed the theming on. It delivers on the straight forward smashing stuff it promises from the outset without any extra fluff or quirks on top. Some of the animations really sell the idea of using nothing but overwhelming brute force which really helps sell me on what the job is all about.
    I'm still bummed about Astrologian changes. I honestly couldn't care if it made it 100% better at healing i preffered its late Heavensward incarnation same as Dark Knight but at least simple as it is i can still Enjoy DRK without going "man, i'd really rather play any other job for this role right now".
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  19. #50439
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,870
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Healing throughput has never been an issue I've had to contend with, nor has running out of Mana.
    That's the fault of the content though. SE is simply too timid when it comes to content dealing damage to players. Always has been.

  20. #50440
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Wow just realized the "FF14 problems" thread I started got locked. Pretty glad tbh. I started it is as a way for fans of the game to give constructive criticism, but it pretty quickly turned into haters shitting on the game and people defending it from them.
    There ended up being a lot of people who were genuinely incapable of discussion though which disheartened me. I can't stand when people pop in and shit on FF14 with a "insert one note unsubstanced insult here". I'm 100% down if you have a gripe, but quantify it. I don't even care if it's anecdotal lol.

    What's worse though was the defense brigade. The ones who use misinformation and ignorance and don't respond to actual discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Honestly, since they removed Cleric Stance healers have been super basic all round. And I get why, but it removed any kind of skill expression from the jobs. Healing throughput has never been an issue I've had to contend with, nor has running out of Mana. There's a staggeringly low skill floor to the role now regardless of job and it's disapointing to see.
    Cleric stance removal is tricky. On one had it was fucking dumb and clunky, but on the other it DID offer opportunities to optimize and the community CLEARLY indicated that they valued that. SE knows that they fucked up healing, but I don't think they know what they wanna do. I know what I want them to do, but I'm not sure the community is ready for healers who don't have godhood quality throughput and infinite MP pools (although my proposed ideas would also shift other tools to the other jobs, especially putting tanks in control of how much damage they actually take, and deal.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Just give us Aero 3 back...

    Most of the healers are braindead when it comes to dealing damage. Same can be said of WAR, also, when compared to the other tanks.
    I just think we need a shift that makes the tanking and healing paradigms more engaging and interesting. Not just adding another GCD DoT to maintain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •