Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Anyone know a web page that is able to show me all the armor styles that you can get from Dungeons?
    Use this site. Click on the Japanese flag at the top right of the screen to change the language to English.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This attitude isn't going to fly in FFXIV maybe WoW is a better fit for you. It's the first dungeon and lots of people going into it are likely new (even more so cause of the surge of new players).

If you want perfect/fast runs then go make a pre-made group or play a different game.
    Expecting people to do something rather than just stand there doing nothing is not a WoW mentality and shouldn't be treated as such. No one asked for a perfect run here, just...DO something and don't just stand there expecting everyone to hand hold you without asking a question.

If you don't know where to go or what to do, say so, and the group will help you....usually, but especially in Sastasha/ the first few dungeons. But don't ever just stand there doing nothing, without saying anything, after accepting the dungeon queue. That's just disrespectful of other people's time.

For real guys, the buff "The Road to 70" is really OP. It's 100% more xp....FROM EVERYTHING!.

That include MSQ, Quests, Fates, Enemies, Dungeons....etc. If you are bored, give it a try to a new race you may be interested in playing + another server that you may want to try (in case yours are crowded), and play it!. Its awesome. Only 1hr and I'm already level 20 on my character and i havent done level 10 MSQ. XD.

To get that buff, just make a new character on a "marked" server and start to play!
    True facts, I got every single job to 70 before it expired, and up to about level 40 you can take 3 jobs (4 if SCH/SMN) along the MSQ with very little additional grinding.

Only 1hr and I'm already level 20 on my character and i havent done level 10 MSQ. XD.
    Yeah, I got 'called out' (nicely) about not having my DRG job stone equipped and I had to explain that I couldn't even get the job quest before Sylph Management. They didn't know job quests are blocked by the MSQ. (This was in Copperbell Mines, so I'm not sure how much difference it would've made. I only have 2 non-cooldown abilities I can use in there.)

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    <snip>
    Thank you.
    "People with depression score higher on tests of realism. Intelligence is positively correlated with mental illness and suicide. What this indicates is that if the mind understands too much about reality, it wants to destroy itself. Human life is existential horror."

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Yeah, I got 'called out' (nicely) about not having my DRG job stone equipped and I had to explain that I couldn't even get the job quest before Sylph Management. They didn't know job quests are blocked by the MSQ. (This was in Copperbell Mines, so I'm not sure how much difference it would've made. I only have 2 non-cooldown abilities I can use in there.)
    That's ridiculous. Copperbell is a level ~16 dungeon, so a job stone is worthless there anyway. The first dungeon you encounter along the MSQ where you're actually level appropriate to even make use of any of the skills the job stone would give you is Brayflox's Longstop, at level ~31.

That said, it is pretty bonkers that you can so severely over level the MSQ that you can be well above level 30 yet not have completed Sylph Management, which is the pre-req for doing the level 30 advanced job quests.

Thank you.
    No problem =)

That said, it is pretty bonkers that you can so severely over level the MSQ that you can be well above level 30 yet not have completed Sylph Management, which is the pre-req for doing the level 30 advanced job quests.
    Road to 70 is no joke, that's without the EW pre-order earring with another +30% EXP too. The worst part was no chocobo, by the time I finally got mine I was able to immediately make it a combat companion.

I am finally a DRG again though, feels good. Now I just need to get back to Ishgard. It's kind of nice doing the DRG quests again, I didn't pay attention to the NPCs the first time and had no idea in HW that I'd met most of them already. One of these days I need to find out how NG+ works. I don't want to go through the whole MSQ, just parts of it if that's possible.
    "People with depression score higher on tests of realism. Intelligence is positively correlated with mental illness and suicide. What this indicates is that if the mind understands too much about reality, it wants to destroy itself. Human life is existential horror."

Road to 70 is no joke, that's without the EW pre-order earring with another +30% EXP too. The worst part was no chocobo, by the time I finally got mine I was able to immediately make it a combat companion.

I am finally a DRG again though, feels good. Now I just need to get back to Ishgard. It's kind of nice doing the DRG quests again, I didn't pay attention to the NPCs the first time and had no idea in HW that I'd met most of them already. One of these days I need to find out how NG+ works. I don't want to go through the whole MSQ, just parts of it if that's possible.
    Definitely true, i had to level both rogue and conjurer just to spread the xp out and stay roughly comparative with the msq level. I think i even dipped my toes into a few other classes here and there (archer, pugilist and marauder). I was still about 10-15 levels above the msq until... um, shadowbringers? Even there i dinged 80 in the lahee place around level 73/4 in the story (im gonna mangle its name: 'Rikitaki forest'?).

Guys, What should i do with "Unique" items from Dungeons?. Destroy them for materials or deliver them for seals?. I dont know if there is anything else i can do with them....
    generally yeah, break into mats, sell to GC for seals (stack up dem glam stones, ventures, etc) or if you've finished SB, you can donate them to the Doman Enclave.

The Doman enclave has unlocked lore tiers, the vendor rate steadily increases from 100% to 200% but there is also a weekly limit on how much gil you can get, which also increases with each tier until 40k gil per week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Definitely true, i had to level both rogue and conjurer just to spread the xp out and stay roughly comparative with the msq level. I think i even dipped my toes into a few other classes here and there (archer, pugilist and marauder). I was still about 10-15 levels above the msq until... um, shadowbringers? Even there i dinged 80 in the lahee place around level 73/4 in the story (im gonna mangle its name: 'Rikitaki forest'?).
    I switch between different classes as one gets too over leveled by MSQ and roulettes. When i initially joined the game I hadnt quite figured this out and by the time my char reached post-HW I had a lvl 72 SCH because I was doing all the roulettes daily like i was still playing WoW back when I left in legion.

I am definately managing my xp earnings more carefully now.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't knew about the "Doman enclave" donations. I will take a look at that....
    You won't be able to get to it based on your previous post saying you just got to the level 36 MSQ. The Doman Enclave is revealed/ accessible after you've completed the Stormblood MSQ, which if you're still not finished with the ARR MSQ, you've got a pretty long way to go.

Toto-Rak is a nightmare of its own, but every time I've opened the map for Sastasha it's looked straightforward to me and, apart from side rooms, there aren't any places to get lost. Also, yes, if you're literally going to stand at the entrance of the dungeon for 5 minutes (not watching a cutscene) because you don't know where to go or what to do, look it up instead of wasting people's time. I assume anyone going into a group activity blind likes the adventure, not that they're going to not even pull the first two mobs until someone instructs them. Go in as a job other than tank if you're going to do that.
    If I end up in a low lvl dungeon like that and the tank is slow, I don't even wait. I go for the mobs and let the tank get aggro from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If I end up in a low lvl dungeon like that and the tank is slow, I don't even wait. I go for the mobs and let the tank get aggro from me.
    I'll do the same if they're being egregiously slow. The difference in armor levels between most classes is really small, coupled with the strength of heals at that level make it easy enough to just roflstomp your way through without much regard to who's taking the hits.

This assumes your healer is able to keep up and is willing to heal anyone and everyone. I've been in some dungeons where the healer was the problem, which is more aggravating than when it's the tank because it has a much more profound impact on the groups ability to function and stay alive than the tank at low levels.

All this assumes the players have said absolutely nothing in regards to their skill or comfort level and are just going slow/ doing badly. If they make it known up front (or at literally any point in the dungeon) that they're new, don't know what they're doing, etc... I'll be MUCH more accepting of this behavior and help encourage them because there are very few things in an MMO that are worse than enjoying yourself in your first few hours and the sense of adventure in a new MMO experience and then being completely shit on and bombarded with negativity in a group.

Scarab Lord
    From a tanking perspective, outside of a few low level dungeons and typically dungeons that aren't part of the MSQ... I'm not sure how anybody could physically get lost in these dungeons.

Trash in dungeons (aside from a couple of them) barely does any damage unless you physically stand in the bad zones, which on trash mobs in dungeons give you an enormous amount of time to get out of. There were only two instances where anybody ever asked me to pull bigger while leveling, and it was basically at the end of Shadowbringers. The only reason why I was hesitant to pull bigger was because half of the dungeons in the game basically gate you from pulling bigger anyways. From my experience it's pretty normal that the most you can normally pull is like two packs, and then get halted by the game waiting for you to kill that second pack before opening the next area. One of those dungeons made no sense to tell me to pull bigger because it was exactly as I described, while the other was one of the few where I could pull basically four packs.

I've had people pull mobs ahead of me before which is absolutely fine. Threat is basically non-existent in the game and unless you're tanking an entire pack as a DPS/Healer for several seconds, there's absolutely no way you can die. There's basically no AoE damage from trash unless you stand in stuff, or are physically getting hit by the pack. From a trash perspective the healer would need to fall asleep to ever let the tank die, or you would need to pull several packs all at once as a tank just not use defensive CDs (which is arguably more dangerous in lower level dungeons).

I'm super mixed on dungeons in FF14 and overall just view them as a neutral experience. Doing them once is actually pretty fun (especially the later ones), but it's not exactly content that's great to repeat IMO. FF14 does do bosses pretty well though, and the includes a good portion of the dungeon bosses as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    From a tanking perspective, outside of a few low level dungeons and typically dungeons that aren't part of the MSQ... I'm not sure how anybody could physically get lost in these dungeons.

Trash in dungeons (aside from a couple of them) barely does any damage unless you physically stand in the bad zones, which on trash mobs in dungeons give you an enormous amount of time to get out of. There were only two instances where anybody ever asked me to pull bigger while leveling, and it was basically at the end of Shadowbringers. The only reason why I was hesitant to pull bigger was because half of the dungeons in the game basically gate you from pulling bigger anyways. From my experience it's pretty normal that the most you can normally pull is like two packs, and then get halted by the game waiting for you to kill that second pack before opening the next area. One of those dungeons made no sense to tell me to pull bigger because it was exactly as I described, while the other was one of the few where I could pull basically four packs.

I've had people pull mobs ahead of me before which is absolutely fine. Threat is basically non-existent in the game and unless you're tanking an entire pack as a DPS/Healer for several seconds, there's absolutely no way you can die. There's basically no AoE damage from trash unless you stand in stuff, or are physically getting hit by the pack. From a trash perspective the healer would need to fall asleep to ever let the tank die, or you would need to pull several packs all at once as a tank just not use defensive CDs (which is arguably more dangerous in lower level dungeons).

I'm super mixed on dungeons in FF14 and overall just view them as a neutral experience. Doing them once is actually pretty fun (especially the later ones), but it's not exactly content that's great to repeat IMO. FF14 does do bosses pretty well though, and the includes a good portion of the dungeon bosses as well.
    Your perspective was interesting as it was not the same as mine as a healer at all. With a few exceptions, the tanks I've had seem to wear paper armor and do not know what defensive cooldowns are. Granted, I'm only level 54 and you may be talking about dungeons above level 50.
    -- FFXIV: Hyperion | DeviantART | Owl and Thistle Art --

I'll do the same if they're being egregiously slow. The difference in armor levels between most classes is really small, coupled with the strength of heals at that level make it easy enough to just roflstomp your way through without much regard to who's taking the hits.

This assumes your healer is able to keep up and is willing to heal anyone and everyone. I've been in some dungeons where the healer was the problem, which is more aggravating than when it's the tank because it has a much more profound impact on the groups ability to function and stay alive than the tank at low levels.

All this assumes the players have said absolutely nothing in regards to their skill or comfort level and are just going slow/ doing badly. If they make it known up front (or at literally any point in the dungeon) that they're new, don't know what they're doing, etc... I'll be MUCH more accepting of this behavior and help encourage them because there are very few things in an MMO that are worse than enjoying yourself in your first few hours and the sense of adventure in a new MMO experience and then being completely shit on and bombarded with negativity in a group.
    The role of the tank at that level is to hold aggro. It's very easy to heal 1 target even though they have basically no mits at that level, but it's very hard to heal 2 targets taking high damage. So when a tank pulls but doesn't slap that AoE button, healers get aggro and now they have to heal 2 people.

I wish more people understood how low level dungeons work. Healers can heal for 50-80% of the tank's HP with each heal, which means you can pull a whole lot. The optimal strategy is to have at least 1 DPS with good AoE (arc/brd, mch, and a few other classes get it really early) along with the tank spamming AoE, pull as much as you can, and the healer does nothing but heal, because they don't have meaningful AoE. I see tanks who get it, but healers who don't heal and are too worried about doing damage probably because they watched a video. I see tanks who pull 1 pack at a time which is annoying, especially in something like DD where you get a free 90% mit in the first half of the dungeon, just pull everything into the purple shit and it's the easiest wall pull of all time. You're also not limited by DPS as much at these levels because the tank can do enough AoE to kill everything pretty quickly on their own.

The only issue is that scholar has major potency issues at low level, but ast/whm can easily handle giant pulls. I've done SV many times where the tank pulls literally everything to the next boss, and that's probably the hardest ARR dungeon to heal.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2021-09-10 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Your perspective was interesting as it was not the same as mine as a healer at all. With a few exceptions, the tanks I've had seem to wear paper armor and do not know what defensive cooldowns are. Granted, I'm only level 54 and you may be talking about dungeons above level 50.
    We're having an influx of new players right now who probably aren't getting their Ironworks set as soon as they hit level 50. Most veteran players hit level 50 and immediately equip the set (can be bought in Mor Dhona with Tomestones, the currency that drops from all duties if you play a job level 50 or above, and is near BIS gear for level 50). With the latest tomestone gear for your level bracket, dungeons are trivial. If you're just using drops you get from dungeons or quests as you go then yeah the stat difference will be tremendous and you will die fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    We're having an influx of new players right now who probably aren't getting their Ironworks set as soon as they hit level 50. Most veteran players hit level 50 and immediately equip the set (can be bought in Mor Dhona with Tomestones, the currency that drops from all duties if you play a job level 50 or above, and is near BIS gear for level 50). With the latest tomestone gear for your level bracket, dungeons are trivial. If you're just using drops you get from dungeons or quests as you go then yeah the stat difference will be tremendous and you will die fast.
    Ok, that is similar to what Tojara was saying: when people have tomestone gear, dungeons and full parties are easy. When they are only wearing MSQ or dungeon gear, they die quickly (which is what I'm experiencing as a WHM healer with most dungeons and full parties up to and including level 50). I suspect that some if not many tanks also do not know how to use defensive cooldowns on trash and this is why they drop like a rock and I don't have time to do anything but spam heals.
    -- FFXIV: Hyperion | DeviantART | Owl and Thistle Art --

Scarab Lord
    Even light parties should be okay if you farm out some of the gear. I pretty much always had a full set going into each expansion (I stopped four years ago right before the end of HW), and basically farmed out a full set of gear for each 50/60/70 bracket when I jumped back in a month ago. It doesn't take that much time and I wanted it in the event that I try other classes that share that role type, and due to how FF gearing works (especially for older content), it's pretty fast.

Pretty much my entire 50-80 experience was in full tomestone gear, jumping into random pugs. Basically every pull I did was 2-4 packs deep and never really had much trouble with it as I approached it just like I would in WoW. Unlike WoW you actually have way more defensive CDs, so cycling them means it's pretty hard to die (except for some dungeons). Trash isn't necessarily hard, but if you don't rotate defensive abilities and you want to pull big, you will probably die. Keep in mind some of this is based on the healer in your group too, as my friend who I was helping level let me die in a low level ShB dungeon because I pulled way too much and she just couldn't keep up (barely met min iLvL requirement to enter). So temper your expectations some. I'd maybe merge two packs at the start of a dungeon and if your health is never in danger just go balls out for the rest of the dungeon.

But yeah, if you're playing with tanks who drop like flies its more than likely they aren't using defensive CDs. All of them have numerous 60-120 second CDs and last an enormous amount of time. Truth be told while the trash in dungeons is whatever, it's pretty much what you "need" to use your defensive CDs on if you want to finish the dungeon faster. Bosses are the coolest part of the dungeon for sure, but if you do the mechanics correctly you never really have to pop a single defensive CD typically (even though you should, cause why not?). Bosses are only dangerous if you fuck up and you have several stacks of vulnerability, which I think is a pretty good mechanic overall for letting people know they goofed.

I'm ignorant of healer AoE damage, but I'm going to assume that it's pretty much non-existent in this game. I know they can do ST damage, which is great on bosses, but if you want to go fast in dungeons the best way to accomplish that is to pull as much as you can so your healer only has time to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Ok, that is similar to what Tojara was saying: when people have tomestone gear, dungeons and full parties are easy. When they are only wearing MSQ or dungeon gear, they die quickly (which is what I'm experiencing as a WHM healer with most dungeons and full parties up to and including level 50). I suspect that some if not many tanks also do not know how to use defensive cooldowns on trash and this is why they drop like a rock and I don't have time to do anything but spam heals.
    I'm leveling WHM these days as well, and I had similar issues in some instances. The very early ones (up to roughly 35) were ok, because nothing really takes damage. The only annoying thing there is tanks that just continue moving and pulling more, while still taking lots of hits and damage - not considering that there are no instant heals available to WHM at that point. I preferred scholar in this level range, as the pet always healed a LOT on these lower levels. It gets better when you get the hot on WHM, but some tanks don't seem to get the aggro over it when pulling. I had a wipe yesterday in the 44 instance (don't remember the name), because the tank pulled an entire room with 4-5 packs, and I had 5+ mobs on me after the pull. It took him around 10 seconds to get a few of them off of me, but then he died while I was trying to keep alive myself.

And gear makes a huge difference not only on the tank, but also on yourself as the healer. My second wipe on the WHM was in the 41 instance in an actually really good party. The tank also took around 4-5 packs each time, shuffled CDs great, and the dds did good damage. The issue was again, that once I didn't have sprint ready and lost range for a few seconds (as there's no instant heal and I had to cast one while he was moving on). The tank was super low, and even with hot and spamming the largest heal with the haste buff I couldn't top him up. That wipe was on me - a bit better gear, and the heals would have been enough to keep him alive. I actually got a weapon on that run, and the heal went from roughly 700/cast to 950/cast.

[e]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I'm ignorant of healer AoE damage, but I'm going to assume that it's pretty much non-existent in this game. I know they can do ST damage, which is great on bosses, but if you want to go fast in dungeons the best way to accomplish that is to pull as much as you can so your healer only has time to heal.
    It depends a bit on the level range. E.g. on scholar, you don't do any aoe till around 45 (would have to lie about the exact level, it was quite some time ago that I reached it). After that, it's great, but a bit annoying to pull off, because it's a very small range around you. However, as other classes get more in their toolkit for aoe damage, it falls off a bit as you level up, because you don't really get anything in addition to that one aoe spell. Maybe there's more later on. Imo in ST the difference between dd and healer seems to be larger than in aoe, at least around 45-60. Of course, as you mention, this always depends on how much time you have to spend healing, and how much time you can spend doing damage. It depends a lot on the tank, and the instance, and your own gear as well.
    Last edited by Frostfred; 2021-09-11 at 01:42 PM.

Scarab Lord
    I suppose it depends how many oGCD instant heals the healers actually have as well. Generally I'll dump two AoE GCDs into a pack before running to the next one, to where I'll stop for a few seconds before jumping to a third or potentially more. The logic here is that it just gives healers several seconds to top me off before jumping to another, as I'd rather not die.

Pulling is a bit different in this game as opposed to WoW. Threat isn't really a factor in FF as long as the tank is actually hitting things and most mobs literally only hit the primary target (in WoW there are loads of casts that hit random targets, and also a million more range mobs). However the game doesn't have roots, snares or mass CC to prevent things from getting to you either. Rounding things up in WoW usually results in people doing basically nothing, while the tank finds a place to LoS however many packs they pulled. You can kind of LoS a bit in FF I guess, but generally it's pull and dump a couple GCDs (while healer catches up) and then proceed to the next pack.

Speaking of tanks and trash pulls, is starting with a ranged attack standard or just a bad habit I'm seeing in early dungeons? I tried out tanking yesterday and between throwing Tomahawk and doing Overpower I really feel that 2.5s GCD. I kept thinking it would be better to not waste a GCD and just run in and Overpower.

Also, what's the recommended amount of mobs to use Rampart? It seems like a waste on 3 or less, but I'm coming from WoW mentality where I'm used to saving CDs for special circumstances and not to just use on cooldown.