Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I deadass just watched the Summoner portion of the job action trailer and I looked only at carbuncle and the only thing it does is put some kind of shield on the player towards the beginning.

Also if you looked at Yoshi-P's UI the icon next to his Carbuncle was Guard, which is the pet stance where you pet attacks when you attack. I mean I'll see what people in the media tour say, but so far it looks like it literally just stands there and has a shield/damage reduction it can put on you.
    You're right. I saw it wrong. You can untwist your panties now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    You're right. I saw it wrong. You can untwist your panties now.
    My panties were never twisted, I was just correcting you. I understand that it's hard to gauge intent through text, but there wasn't any hostility coming from post.

The events never returning is lame (the easter egg riddles were fun, and the Rising puzzle), but that's nothing compared to the sheer amount of content in WoW that is removed from the game. The entire second half of the MoP and WoD storylines are told in the legendary questline... which you cannot do anymore. Imagine if FFXIV removed the post-launch MSQ storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    FOMO only applies if it's never obtainable again in any fashion.
    No, that's your definition. FOMO means missing out on opportunity, like getting mount or other stuff for free instead of dishing out money. It's how they force people to sub for limited events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The events never returning is lame (the easter egg riddles were fun, and the Rising puzzle), but that's nothing compared to the sheer amount of content in WoW that is removed from the game. The entire second half of the MoP and WoD storylines are told in the legendary questline... which you cannot do anymore. Imagine if FFXIV removed the post-launch MSQ storyline.
    FFXIV has already removed the entire 1.0 story and doesn't want to add it back to the game in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Hm. Default summoner pet seems to be Carbuncle and it's out all the time. You can summon the 3 primals (and they're big! And not little unnoticeable chicken nuggets!) but they only come down for 3 seconds to throw out one attack and then disappear, which is disappointing.
    They also look to act more like stances, where after summoning them you get various themed abilities until you run out of charges. Summoning Garuda gave a bunch of air blasts, Titan the earth shards and Ifrit the fire balls, charge and melee slam attack. It looks more cohesive on the surface, with big summons empowering your attacks and a focus on cycling through them and refilling the charges with Bahamut/Phoenix.

It looks, on face value, to be a better play experience than what we've got now, but I'll reserve judgement until I get to play it for myself.

Dear Squeex, please can you let me dismount automatically when i engage a mob in combat. Thanks.

Also, i like the white mage changes. By which i mean i like having a cute aoe totem. Since my TBC main (and my favorite character on my account) was a resto shammy, i am happy. Not sure about this buff thing, but im losing fluid aura so ive got a free button. I think ive got rescue on both my 4 and 5 buttons. Plus my new mouse has an extra button (MS3) i can fit this in. Also, 1.5 second dps casts. Thats nice. Just hope the damage gets a bit of a boost/number tweak so i can carry on with my new happy playstyle of completely ignoring every other player in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey. I'm considering buying Tales of Adventure: A Realm Reborn to skip ARR. Just wondering; does the shop ask me which character I want the item sent to? Or is it some kind of account wide that is used up when I used it on a character?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Theres more interesting changes than i think most were expecting for a lvl.90 bump.

RDM looks like a new third stage finisher to nobodies surprise and a counter for the melee combo builder but also what looked like a second aoe skill. Theres like 5 different things that could be from FFXI alone but i'm going to guess its refresh if its for allies and some aoe regen or if its a aoe debuff it might be verwater to lower magic resistance or something like that.

SMN seems to be behaving more like a traditional FF summoner in the vein of 1-9 where summons were more of a spell but with the addition of the spell giving the summoners own abilities a primal specific flavour based on the summon used. Considering people seemed to be expecting a alexander trance on top of bahamut and pheonix this seems way more preferable in theory. Though in practice if its way more og summoner and less affliction warlock i could see it really killing the BLM population which already feels on the low side.

DNC seems to have 3 new offensive spells and 3 new dances with a few more ways to generate their job resource which probably means at least one of these also consumes said resource. For the first expansion on the job thats about par for the course. Nothing groundbreaking but if it fills the downtime when nothing procs and you can support the party with more dances i don't think anyone will complain.

AST seems to be reverting some of the changes folks like me hated. Which means folks who like the changes might hate that. I imagine its to try and find a middle ground but as long as its fun to play again i'll be happy.

SAG is still mostly an unknown but based on what i'm seeing i can't shake the feeling its just a barrier version of white mage right down to "this is what you run in and aoe spam"

Nothing else really stood out for me bar MNK but its my least played class so that could just be a cosmetic thing. A lot of the jobs seem to be getting two new attacks and a minor change to their job gauge. Gotta wait and see them in action of course but as a RDM/DNC main i'm pretty happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Sage sounds like it plays like a MoP Mistweaver monk or a Warhammer Warrior Priest in that they can mark a player, and then the marked player is healed for a percentage of the Sage's damage dealt. Knowing how amazing Mistweavers were in MoP PvP, Sage could be really awesome in the upcoming new small scale PvP mode.
    Based on what we have seen i think RDM, SMN, DNC, SAG PLD is going to be the go to party makeup for PVP by a big margin.

- - - Updated - - -

-Actually one thing i'm surprised and understand SCH mains being upset about: no feo ul/titania influence on SCH's new spells. With their story about the Tonberry curse wrapped up the fae felt like the next natural step for scholars and a Titania LB would have been really cool. Shame there doesn't seem to be anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Hey. I'm considering buying Tales of Adventure: A Realm Reborn to skip ARR. Just wondering; does the shop ask me which character I want the item sent to? Or is it some kind of account wide that is used up when I used it on a character?
    Yes, it does. They even go the extra mile and show a head shot of the character from the Lodestone to confirm it's being sent to the right one.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Yes, it does. They even go the extra mile and show a head shot of the character from the Lodestone to confirm it's being sent to the right one.
    Purrfect. Thankyou
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Theres more interesting changes than i think most were expecting for a lvl.90 bump.

RDM looks like a new third stage finisher to nobodies surprise and a counter for the melee combo builder but also what looked like a second aoe skill. Theres like 5 different things that could be from FFXI alone but i'm going to guess its refresh if its for allies and some aoe regen or if its a aoe debuff it might be verwater to lower magic resistance or something like that.

SMN seems to be behaving more like a traditional FF summoner in the vein of 1-9 where summons were more of a spell but with the addition of the spell giving the summoners own abilities a primal specific flavour based on the summon used. Considering people seemed to be expecting a alexander trance on top of bahamut and pheonix this seems way more preferable in theory. Though in practice if its way more og summoner and less affliction warlock i could see it really killing the BLM population which already feels on the low side.

DNC seems to have 3 new offensive spells and 3 new dances with a few more ways to generate their job resource which probably means at least one of these also consumes said resource. For the first expansion on the job thats about par for the course. Nothing groundbreaking but if it fills the downtime when nothing procs and you can support the party with more dances i don't think anyone will complain.

AST seems to be reverting some of the changes folks like me hated. Which means folks who like the changes might hate that. I imagine its to try and find a middle ground but as long as its fun to play again i'll be happy.

SAG is still mostly an unknown but based on what i'm seeing i can't shake the feeling its just a barrier version of white mage right down to "this is what you run in and aoe spam"

Nothing else really stood out for me bar MNK but its my least played class so that could just be a cosmetic thing. A lot of the jobs seem to be getting two new attacks and a minor change to their job gauge. Gotta wait and see them in action of course but as a RDM/DNC main i'm pretty happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on what we have seen i think RDM, SMN, DNC, SAG PLD is going to be the go to party makeup for PVP by a big margin.

- - - Updated - - -

-Actually one thing i'm surprised and understand SCH mains being upset about: no feo ul/titania influence on SCH's new spells. With their story about the Tonberry curse wrapped up the fae felt like the next natural step for scholars and a Titania LB would have been really cool. Shame there doesn't seem to be anything like that.
    Im so tempted to level up a scholar (post 6.0) because... because... its simple? And is balanced against sage which every other healer wants to play.

But first, astralogian because i want to play with rng. Sage is 7.0 once its been nerfed into oblivion (because if you give me a healer that dps's and i have a thancred tank, im going to play that healer because i hate... HATE... my garbage dps in a trust environment).

I really hate it. You have to level a healer through trusts to understand me. But if you do, you're gonna pick max deeps. Because thancred literally heals himself. Your job is 1. medica2 or afflatus (aoe - i forget its name) every thirty seconds. Because yshtola and alisaie are dumb as hell. Everything else is dodging (2 shot) mechanics and glare spam. Welcome to 5.x experience.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-09-18 at 01:14 PM.

Disappointed in DRK getting really nothing interesting.

RPR looks good though.

Hm. Default summoner pet seems to be Carbuncle and it's out all the time. You can summon the 3 primals (and they're big! And not little unnoticeable chicken nuggets!) but they only come down for 3 seconds to throw out one attack and then disappear, which is disappointing.
    I realize that you probably posted this before the actual Summoner segment, but just to clarify for someone who might come in after-the-fact, Yoshi-P mentioned that he had his pet glamoured to Carbuncle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Following up on the Carbuncle thing, it seems that Carbuncle has 2 abilities people translated its Tooltips. Seems like it has a 20% hp shield on 2 charges and basically Devotion which is a small party damage buff. Still no indication that it actually attacks at all.

Those Summoner changes are great. Basically a new job. Monk also looks pretty good, and Sage has me wanting to heal for the first time in my life. Reaper looks amazingly edgy. Poor Scholars, though.

Im with arthars on this. Simple might just be more enjoyable.

Then again, as a trust healer...

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Seasonal events where rewards permanently go to the cash shop is a perfect example of FOMO.
    These are bad, still not even nearly as bad as something that literally cannot be obtained at all. And not even close to how bad it is where rewards were unique appearances tied to a good content. But you can go on and keep excusing fomo driven game development.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I really am hoping the squish won't make things like in WoW. It's always said it won't affect your relative power, but in the end, it still does. Hopefully the FFXIV team has more consideration for players in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I kind of do wish wow didn't have a beta or PTR anymore, and just did all their testing in-house. Keep some of the mystery. But I play both games, and don't feel the need to take a dump on one game over another like some kind of jilted ex, or a disgruntled cop who lost his pension. I find that interaction really weird.
    Oh the typical "i'm the balanced one" post.

I play both as well, but i have a vastly more positive experience with FF.
    It is important to have a critical sense. That is how you leave good feedback.

All you are telling us is that you are good with whatever. Be it good or bad.
    Well, good for you. Some of us have standards though.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways... much hype from the job action trailer.

Dragoon is still badass. <3
    Monk, i was already enjoying after the rewark and amm looking forward to seeing it expanded.
    Reaper, looking forward to trying.

Astrologian looking most astronomic. I hope it feels good, i find WHM animations a bit bad for male characters, but it is just better designed.

Sage looks great. Definitly looking forward to it.

Paladin looks pretty hot. That confiteor combo. <3
    Gunbreaker didn't have much new, but it's already pretty fun.

Summoner stole the show. Red mage looks good, but i can't way to try it. No more dots gameplay, which makes me think we will get a dot based new job next xpac.

Calling them out charges the Summoner with the elemental of that primal for a duration of time so your attacks are altered during that time frame to be earth, wind or fire based.

They implemented something I never thought they could because of the lore (summoning primals) in a way that makes sense.

I'm super excited to try it out because I love SMN, but the current iteration is ass IMO.