Nice that we get live English translation of a live letter for once

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Nice that we get live English translation of a live letter for once
    Always do for expansion live letters.

Hm. Default summoner pet seems to be Carbuncle and it's out all the time. You can summon the 3 primals (and they're big! And not little unnoticeable chicken nuggets!) but they only come down for 3 seconds to throw out one attack and then disappear, which is disappointing.

I watched whole job trailer and holy cow it looks sssssooooooo gooooooood
    https://www.meme-arsenal.com/memes/d...c7f41a29ab.jpg

Especially summoner. But I feel machinist is still going to be my best job.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Coolest new abilities I saw:

Dragoon sends out spiraling twin dragons like Hanzo.

Samurai now have a new flashy CD.

Nice lightning attack for Ninja.

The Reaper animation effects are really good. Best looking player attack animation effects in the game. Reminds me of the artstyle GW2 was trying to go for, but far cleaner and more legible. Visually, the summon/ghost is the most meh part about Reaper, sadly. Not as cool as his other attacks.

Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-09-18 at 04:04 AM.

These guys have wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better Live Letters then WoW. Juicy ass stuff. All I can say is Damn. Keep it coming.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    These guys have wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better Live Letters then WoW. Juicy ass stuff. All I can say is Damn. Keep it coming.
    Really, what have they shown/said that puts them ahead of WOW?

Stood in the Fire
    After that live letter, I gonna give it another go...! I switch Internet service and hopefully will have a way better exp!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    They're much more in-depth and transparent.

Literally everything. First and foremost their insight.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Stood in the Fire
    First of all, why would they need to show/said anything that puts them ahead of WOW, however they clearly listen to the WoW Refugees feedback however, some of the major changes are things a lot of WoW Refugees wanted and I think just the combat animations put them WAY WAY ahead of WoW...

But honestly, it's the way the DEV show passion and read live comments during the live briefing... this is not some scripted event they got talking points but the devs are not just talking about the changes but also go into the why kinda and feel much more human them the robotic WoW presentation or the here is the changelog go watch some YouTuber to translate it into more details... It just feels better to see the devs and see their activity interact with the players and not just answer a really filtered list of safe questions.

They even added a live English translater this time!

That is one of the things that push FFXIV way ahead of WoW... player interaction and really listen to players at the start of an XPack... making sure people know what was in the head of the devs when they developed it.
    Last edited by |Dexter|; 2021-09-18 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    Live Letters that are related to upcoming expansions are always translated live. This is nothing new.

Everyone's simping Summoners now
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Everyone's simping Summoners now
    It's everything I wanted. I'm so ready to pick my book back up.

Sage sounds like it plays like a MoP Mistweaver monk or a Warhammer Warrior Priest in that they can mark a player, and then the marked player is healed for a percentage of the Sage's damage dealt. Knowing how amazing Mistweavers were in MoP PvP, Sage could be really awesome in the upcoming new small scale PvP mode.

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    First of all, why would they need to show/said anything that puts them ahead of WOW, however they clearly listen to the WoW Refugees feedback however, some of the major changes are things a lot of WoW Refugees wanted and I think just the combat animations put them WAY WAY ahead of WoW...

But honestly, it's the way the DEV show passion and read live comments during the live briefing... this is not some scripted event they got talking points but the devs are not just talking about the changes but also go into the why kinda and feel much more human them the robotic WoW presentation or the here is the changelog go watch some YouTuber to translate it into more details... It just feels better to see the devs and see their activity interact with the players and not just answer a really filtered list of safe questions.

That is one of the things that push FFXIV way ahead of WoW... player interaction and really listen to players at the start of an XPack... making sure people know what was in the head of the devs when they developed it.

This answer here is literally sums it all up for me. Developers in FFXIV listen to their player base and want us to have fun in the game. NOT do chores in the game. Best fucking answer ever Dexter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Literally everything. First and foremost their insight.
    This sums up my 2 best answer.

These 2 answers alone puts FFXIV far ahead of wow. Wow devs make the game to keep people logged in as much as they can for as long as they can. Hence the boring ass chores.

FFXIV makes their game fun so logging in is for fun and not based on chores that you have to do. The devs in FF respects a players time. Something the WoW devs have clearly forgotten.
    Last edited by Aggressive; 2021-09-18 at 05:25 AM.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Wow devs make the game to keep people logged in as much as they can for as long as they can. Hence the boring ass chores.

FFXIV makes their game fun so logging in is for fun and not based on chores that you have to do. The devs in FF respects a players time. Something the WoW devs have clearly forgotten.
    If your game chores are boring stop doing them, has worked for me for years. Don't expect the devs to respect your time if your not respecting your time.

I did Torghast just enough to get what I wanted then stopped and at no point did Blizzard come to my house and force me to keep running it. Currently playing FF XIV and I see nothing that is any different from WOW in terms of chores. I could go back to WOW and play both MMOs with plenty of time to play other games.

If your game chores are boring stop doing them, has worked for me for years. Don't expect the devs to respect your time if your not respecting your time.

I did Torghast just enough to get what I wanted then stopped and at no point did Blizzard come to my house and force me to keep running it. Currently playing FF XIV and I see nothing that is any different from WOW in terms of chores. I could go back to WOW and play both MMOs with plenty of time to play other games.
    If you stop doing them, you will realize that... nothing much left of game remains lol. Stop doing WQs, events, choregast, bingo lottery tickets and you will be left with... pet battles, raids and pvp. Not much reason to go open world, nothing else is there cause it was removed because of FOMO driven game development.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Kaminaris gives the best answer to this. If you stop the chores in WoW then the game is nothing but a borefest. There is nothing fun in the game to do as it is. I am sorry. I know you want to defend WoW. I use to do it as well long ago. But I am done defending their ass any more. FFXIV is far ahead in making a game fun for the players now. That trophy cup no longer belongs to WoW. maybe next expansion they will claim it back. But with the way the devs are so fucking stubborn in making the game, I highly doubt.

Yeah, you just log in, do your roulettes for tomes and alt jobs experience, send your retainers and squadrons on new missions, do daily beast tribe quests, wondrous tails, cactpot, fashion report, crafting leves, then log off and thank God for not having to spend 10 minutes on doing daily emissary quests in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though