1. #50641
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    People do play different games you know, not everything is black or white. Asmongold have even said it himself that a large portion of his viewers don't even play WoW.

    If you look at it through reasonable eyes there were probably a bunch of different groups. Asmongold fans and FFXIV players alike.
    The reasons were probably different too. Some met up with him out of excitement, some out of hate and some trying to be funny.
    As soon as people realized that he wasn't happy with it a lot of them dispersed. If you look at the end of the stream there were like 50 players around him but they weren't being obnoxious, they were just fans.

    We all need to start seeing more gray scales in life. Just because I encounter toxic people in m+ regularly doesn't mean that the entire WoW community is toxic, just because I encounter friendly people in the FFXIV duty finder all the time doesn't mean that the entire FFXIV community is friendly.
    why would a fan grief him?
    Why would a hater go through the entire aidsfest of setting up a squeenix account, and then download an entire mmo, to annoy someone for 10 seconds?

    Its time to just face it, the vast majority of them were angry FF14 players crying about muh toxic stinky wow players. because they're so deluded that they cant see they're far more toxic than any wow player ive ever met.

  2. #50642
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamhaoingaturlife View Post
    why would a fan grief him?
    Why would a hater go through the entire aidsfest of setting up a squeenix account, and then download an entire mmo, to annoy someone for 10 seconds?

    lol.
    It's like you have never watched a stream (of anyone - but especially his)

    You are correct to assume that this doesn't make sense, but twitch-chat never does.

    Not sure why you are trying to push an agenda though. I guess the new account isn't there for nothing...what a clown.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-07-05 at 03:27 AM.

  3. #50643
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Because they get to hear how great they are, despite blocking everyone and everything disagreeing with them and therefore only allowing people that don't challenge their views in any way, hindering any sort of personal growth or change/adjustment in opinion.
    I was more asking about the people that read that kind of content instead of the ones that present themselves. I just never got the appeal. *shrug*

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    But its the other comment that shocks me. This is some levels of gatekeeping that rivals this forum.

    Now watch her cry victim after this... Thank god I left twitter. This behaviour is rampant from people like this. I do not care for Asmongold, in fact I tend to avoid his streams, but I do not hate the guy. But promoting harassment to get a guy kicked from a game.. good lord that's some evil shit.
    Actually she just says that we are to report any unruly behavior. Then let SE's staff handle the rest.

    Given the fact, that even you say that Asmongold and his community aren't saints (I know neither of them), I see nothing wrong with that.

  4. #50644
    The Lightbringer Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    3,959
    Got married today

    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  5. #50645
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Got married today

    The difference in size is comical. Unless the front seat of the chocobo is literally higher than the backseat.

    . - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

  6. #50646
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,868
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Is it possible to output quest texts to chat window?
    Hmm some of it, yes. Not sure about the voiced cutscenes though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The difference in size is comical. Unless the front seat of the chocobo is literally higher than the backseat.
    Auri have similar sexual dimorphism to Draenei. Their females are the smallest in game (barring Lala) and the males are the largest.
    One can only hope the males are not uuuh... "equipped" proportionally to their size.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Got married today

    Congrats!

  7. #50647
    The Lightbringer Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    3,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The difference in size is comical. Unless the front seat of the chocobo is literally higher than the backseat.
    Big bois get the smol girls

    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Congrats!
    Thank you!
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  8. #50648
    Congrats, Maljinwo!

    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The difference in size is comical. Unless the front seat of the chocobo is literally higher than the backseat.
    Still less comical than that female lala and male roe ceremony I saw one time. Talk about a wedding and a funeral!

  9. #50649
    Casual FFXIV neophyte here. How is the RP community?

    I've been considering getting into the game since WoW's RP community just really hasn't been doing it for me for the past few years, but I'm hesitant to immediately leap into another MMO since I'm speaking as a 10+ WoW vet and overall feel a lot more comfortable working with what WoW has to offer by comparison


  10. #50650
    The Lightbringer Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    3,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Congrats, Maljinwo!



    Still less comical than that female lala and male roe ceremony I saw one time. Talk about a wedding and a funeral!
    Thank you!

    Oh that poor lala
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  11. #50651
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Actually she just says that we are to report any unruly behavior. Then let SE's staff handle the rest.
    Indeed. She has already made up her mind though and is going to look for things to report but the good thing about SE is that they take false reports just as serious as real ones so if she's delusional and start making reports for every little thing that she doesn't agree with it's going to backfire on her and she'll see herself in GM jail instead. From what I can tell Asmongold has been behaving exemplary and just tried to play the game normally so there's really nothing to report.

  12. #50652
    Kinda funny the dude that bitches about store mounts would try a game with more store mounts.

  13. #50653
    So, likely thanks to Asmongold and other streamers, FFXIV has set a new record for itself in concurrent players on Steam: https://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantas...cord-on-steam/

    Final Fantasy 14 hit a concurrent player count of 47,542 in the last 24 hours, according to SteamDB. That beats its previous record of 41,200, which it set in June of 2020 as players returned for the Shadowbringers expansion (numbers courtesy of SteamDB).
    The buildup of WoW streamers trying out XIV lately, culminating in Asmongold's playthrough this weekend, really seems to have done the trick in getting a good number of people to pay more attention to the game, at least temporarily. That's a significant difference in the game's old vs new record. Even more amazing, IMO, is when you consider that this is happening during the week of a major WoW patch. This may be the first time I really remember WoW doing something big, like a major patch, and still being eclipsed by another MMO in player interest.
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

  14. #50654
    Asmongold single-handedly brought FFXIV into the top 5 most viewed games on Twitch during his stream. I don't think he'll stick with it though: who streams hundreds of hours of Old English text? It's hard to focus while keeping up with the stream and most people will not be entertained by it.
    Last edited by AryuFate; 2021-07-05 at 10:28 AM.

  15. #50655
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Asmongold single-handedly brought FFXIV into the top 5 most viewed games on Twitch during his stream. I don't think he'll stick with it though: who streams hundreds of hours of Old English text? It's hard to focus while keeping up with the stream and most people will not be entertained by it.
    He probably won't stick with FF14; eventually his horde of rabid fans will get bored and he'll come back to streaming WoW. Probably tomorrow when the new raid launches. Every time he was supposed to quit streaming WoW for good, he came back eventually.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    So, likely thanks to Asmongold and other streamers, FFXIV has set a new record for itself in concurrent players on Steam: https://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantas...cord-on-steam/



    The buildup of WoW streamers trying out XIV lately, culminating in Asmongold's playthrough this weekend, really seems to have done the trick in getting a good number of people to pay more attention to the game, at least temporarily. That's a significant difference in the game's old vs new record. Even more amazing, IMO, is when you consider that this is happening during the week of a major WoW patch. This may be the first time I really remember WoW doing something big, like a major patch, and still being eclipsed by another MMO in player interest.
    I didn't see any big WoW streamer trying out FF14 other than Asmongold and AnnieFuchsia lately. The end game streamers have been streaming TBC for the last month, not FF. You gotta wonder whether people have been watching because it was FF14, or because it was Asmongold streaming FF14. He could watch paint dry on stream and still get an immense viewership count.

    And the latest WoW raid hasn't been released yet, this week was more the prepatch of the 9.1 patch (no raid, no megadungeon, no new M+ season this week). Just wait for the world first race in one week and you'll see.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-07-05 at 10:53 AM.

  16. #50656
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,936
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Asmongold single-handedly brought FFXIV into the top 5 most viewed games on Twitch during his stream. I don't think he'll stick with it though: who streams hundreds of hours of Old English text? It's hard to focus while keeping up with the stream and most people will not be entertained by it.
    Thought the same, but it actually gives a surprisingly lot to talk about...
    I don´t think he will stick with it because, like most of us wow refugees, we will go back to WoW sooner or later. Unless Blizzard really keeps it going this way.. but then again, how suicidal can one be? eventually you splash on the very floor...

  17. #50657
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    He probably won't stick with FF14; eventually his horde of rabid fans will get bored and he'll come back to streaming WoW. Probably tomorrow when the new raid launches.
    I think he will, he seems to genuinely enjoy the game. If the viewers don't like it he may continue playing it off stream but I think he'll keep at it because he want to experience the endgame.

  18. #50658
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    I think he will, he seems to genuinely enjoy the game. If the viewers don't like it he may continue playing it off stream but I think he'll keep at it because he want to experience the endgame.
    Maybe, we will see. I just hope for your community he won't stick with FF14 for long on stream, I don't think his community and his persona gives the kind of reaction or attention you want for a game with a positive and chill reputation.

  19. #50659
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    I think he will, he seems to genuinely enjoy the game. If the viewers don't like it he may continue playing it off stream but I think he'll keep at it because he want to experience the endgame.
    Honestly id prefer he just enjoyed it off stream by his own so that the people of the server dont have to be flooded by his fans. id only enjoy watching him strugle with the raiding since he is so unprepared XD
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

  20. #50660
    Im really happy watching him on stream. Its genuinely fascinating how he so identifies with his PC to the point that it really feels like he's roleplaying his... stream? Its such a weird thing, but he's so invested in his character that he ends up really invested in the world of the character as well. Does that make sense? I think thats why its so engrossing watching him play for 5-10 hours at a time. Its like you're listening to asmongold Bald in the Waking sands complain loudly to Minfilia about being sent out on a quest with Yda and papalymo and not Y'shtola (or complaining to Alphinaud that its not his job to fix the problems in Gridania). It just adds so much extra color to the game itself. Im genuinely loving it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •