1. #50741
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,015
    Well, if you really stretch it, Noctis being in FFXIV is also a KH collaboration.

    Well if you want revamped animations and spell effects, check out this guy's Youtube channel. He's made animation/effect replacer mods. Want your Ninja LB3 to be like Archer's Unlimited Blade Works attack from Fate? Mod for that. Want your Gunbreaker to fight like Dante from DMC? Mod for that. Just want flashier Black Mage animations? Mod for that.




  2. #50742
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    As strange as this might sound, I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing this. This morning's runs were the nail in the coffin for me as a healer because this was my experience most of the time. I've noticed that others here have encouraging words in that it gets better at 50+. I wish the best for you and that you can keep pushing until then (and that this really does get better for you). Are you going to keep trying?
    Same! I was feeling like this was a me problem and it was upsetting. I don't think I'm a great player, but I would hope better than average. I did finish most of the Mage Tower in Legion, used to be a decent raider and PvPer (both of which I've healed in), etc. I look up guides, I learn rotations, I do whatever I can to be good at what I'm doing, to so utterly fail at something that I heard was easy has been disheartening to say the least.

    I probably will try again at some point just because I want to prove to myself I can do it. It will not be in ARR though. I did MSQ roulette on RDM yesterday and gained 2 levels (Praetorium), so now I'm thinking what I might do is use the MSQ to level up at least one tank and one healer (I have the Road to 70 buff so there's a lot of EXP to go around) since leveling DPS by other means is easier. Once they're in their mid-50s at least I'll probably try queuing up for Dusk Vigil (first dungeon in HW) or whatever else seems easy along the way of the MSQ and see how it goes. Unfortunately, roulettes are off the table as the last thing I want is to be randomized into end of ARR hard modes. It sucks to not be able to take advantage of the tank/healer in need bonus, but it's just too risky.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The thing about AST is that the card mechanics are all off-global and their spells have cast times shorter than the GCD. So you always have time to weave them in, even if just spamming Benefic non-stop!
    Part of the problem is I keep having to read the cards to see what they do then look at my party and figure out who'd benefit the most. Plus, my keybinds for draw, play, etc. are inefficient. There is no seamless flow in using them, but thank you for mentioning weaving because I hadn't thought of trying to make a rotation out of them. They're kind of off to the side that I use if no one's in immediate danger since they've been taking so much focus.
    "People with depression score higher on tests of realism. Intelligence is positively correlated with mental illness and suicide. What this indicates is that if the mind understands too much about reality, it wants to destroy itself. Human life is existential horror."

  3. #50743
    Its definitely not a 'you' problem. I think everyone who's played a healer in that awkward 30-50 phase (holy does quite a lot to minimise the 'trash issue' but its still stressful), agrees that its a bit wonky. You really are rolling the dice on every dungeon (and likely more so given the number of sprouts playing at the moment).

    The only difference between you and me is that i got super drunk and thought 'screw it! If we die, i dont g.a.f.'. Thats how i made it through to 50. Honestly, it was so stressful that i used to literally stop playing for days at a time as soon as i hit a new dungeon in the msq just to psych myself into it.

    Once you hit 50 though, it all washes away and healing is arguably the easiest job in game (well, until you hit late stormblood and then the mechanics start getting more 'creative'.)

    There are a couple of alternatives though. The first is obviously to just turn off level sync and see if a party pops (or you can rope in any friends). The second (and iirc, you've done shadowbringers (or at least heavensward - i remember you talking about your dragoon), in which case, get on your highest level character and level up the squadrons for a few days, then just start running dungeons with them once youve opened the option up. It'll stall your healer for a bit, but it will also give you more time to control the pulls and care less about messing up.

    Oh wait! I just realised (from my own recommendation no less) that you've already beaten the msq... so its just a case of levels. What i will suggest though is that once you hit 50 do the msq roulette. It'll only choose one of praetorium and castrum, and they are about the easiest time you can have on a healer in game. It'll get your muscle memory going on medica 2, holy spam and benediction. Those three spells will carry you through a whole lot of the game before you start using lilies. Might as well throw in some regens and divine benison as well into the mix, but i think db comes in the mid 60s. (yeah, 66).
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-09-27 at 09:52 AM.

  4. #50744
    Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Give it a try as pure healer. Don't DPS, spam Cure I if it's only minor damage.

    I disagree with lot of the normal healer advice. It's fine and correct for max-level experienced characters, but it's really hard when you're trying to learn to heal in random groups. Heck, when I do leveling roulette on my WHM, I do a lot more healing and a lot less damage than is optimal.

    You need to get used to the rhythm of damage and get a feel for how much each of your spells heal for. Also, in a random group, it's very important that the other people have faith that you will keep them alive, and the best way to do that is keep them topped up.

    Only then, start weaving in DoTs or Holy. I strongly believe that you need to master healing first, before you start learning how to do damage.
    We don't learn nearly as much from being successful as we do from making mistakes. That said if the mistakes are frequent there might be a drastic misconception in your (not you) methodology.

    I'd always rather have a healer try his hardest to navigate both and fail, than "play it safe" because there were a few bad experiences. It's too bad Lane is on Crystal (notorious for some of the worst players in the game btw) and not Primal, I'd gladly tank for him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Yeah, statements like that have been throwing me off too. Tanks go from full HP to 30% in one GCD sometimes even with defensive cooldowns, there's nothing I can do but spam Cure and even that gets dicey sometimes.
    I'm the worst healer in this game probably and I don't think I've ever seen a full HP tank go to 30% in one GCD, not even when tanks tanked in DPS stances. I'm sure it can happen with egregious circumstances, but I can't imagine that's commonplace, but maybe I'm wrong?

    I'm also a PLD main and I've never once got crushed like that, not even in min ilvl Bardams. That's Savage tank buster's with no CDs, not random dungeons.

  5. #50745
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I'm the worst healer in this game probably and I don't think I've ever seen a full HP tank go to 30% in one GCD, not even when tanks tanked in DPS stances. I'm sure it can happen with egregious circumstances, but I can't imagine that's commonplace, but maybe I'm wrong?
    Pulling too much in sub-30 dungeons will do it. Most DPS don't have AoEs at that level, so the tank gets beat on much longer than usual while mobs slowly die one at a time. It only takes 3-4 mobs in my experience to go from full to half in a GCD, add on 1-2 more and there you go. The Halitali wipe, the tank tried to take on ~8 mobs, Cure spam wasn't cutting it and none of the mobs were even close to dying. I thought maybe I could've saved that as an AST but, I'm not sure I could, I think it might've just delayed the inevitable. I suppose if nothing else this is causing me to become familiar with the 'oh crap' abilities.

    You're right about learning from mistakes, even though I hate it. :P I'd only heard Crystal was the unofficial RP DC, not that the players were bad. Based on the map I assumed it was an east coast DC and their servers have preferred status. It does suck that all the cool people here seem to play on other DCs.

    Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    level up the squadrons for a few days, then just start running dungeons with them once youve opened the option up.
    I just unlocked the squadron area a couple of days ago. I've been sending them on missions, but isn't it a couple weeks of that until I'll be able to do dungeons with them?

    What i will suggest though is that once you hit 50 do the msq roulette. It'll only choose one of praetorium and castrum, and they are about the easiest time you can have on a healer in game.
    It's funny you say that since I see healers in the MSQ roulette die all the time. >_<
    "People with depression score higher on tests of realism. Intelligence is positively correlated with mental illness and suicide. What this indicates is that if the mind understands too much about reality, it wants to destroy itself. Human life is existential horror."

  6. #50746
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,167
    The wall to wall pull mentality is so cancerous in the lower level dungeons. It doesn't even really make things go faster since many dps don't have AOE at that level.

  7. #50747
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    It's funny you say that since I see healers in the MSQ roulette die all the time. >_<
    MSQ roulette can be fairly dangerous as a healer, but that's mostly tied to the tanks, and (because it's so easy) not paying attention yourself. I died just a few days ago in Castrum, because a tank ran ahead and only hit one mob per pack. When we were at the wall and stopped, I had 10-15 mobs charging at me, and the tanks were too slow to pick them up. Even then, if I wouldn't have been in braindead mode myself, I could probably have survived by using some instant heals till the tanks got the aggro.
    And, of course, there's always the random "being the last to teleport" deaths in Praetorium.

    Otherwise, however, it's really chill to heal. It's level 50 content from the end of the 2.0 patch, not at all balanced for the higher gear available in the later patches / now. Tanks barely take any damage, and group damage - even when just standing still in random stuff - is neglectable.
    Last edited by Frostfred; 2021-09-27 at 04:06 PM.

  8. #50748
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The wall to wall pull mentality is so cancerous in the lower level dungeons. It doesn't even really make things go faster since many dps don't have AOE at that level.
    Tanks do though, and the potency ramp from AoE is a big deal. With even one DPS that has an AoE the pulls will also die incredibly quickly.

  9. #50749
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,167
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    Tanks do though, and the potency ramp from AoE is a big deal. With even one DPS that has an AoE the pulls will also die incredibly quickly.
    Can't do much AOE when you get your cheeks clapped by pulling 12 mobs that live for 2 minutes. Sure, if a tank and healer are experienced and have decent gear, it's probably fine, but I find that's rarely the case in my leveling roulettes.

  10. #50750
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Part of the problem is I keep having to read the cards to see what they do then look at my party and figure out who'd benefit the most. Plus, my keybinds for draw, play, etc. are inefficient. There is no seamless flow in using them, but thank you for mentioning weaving because I hadn't thought of trying to make a rotation out of them. They're kind of off to the side that I use if no one's in immediate danger since they've been taking so much focus.
    You can learn it VERY quick without having to think much.
    Purple = ranged/heal card, blue = melee/tank card.
    Remembering which symbol is ranged/melee is also not as time consuming, because the group is sorted by you > tanks > heals > melee > ranged (and tanks/heals have their own color anyways).

    The only thing you really need to pay a bit attention to, is the symbol above the cards, so you have 3 different symbols for the Divination, since as soon as you have 3 and Divination is on cooldown, you can just convert them to those bigger cards instead to have more damage AND not replace the symbols.

  11. #50751
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The thing about AST is that the card mechanics are all off-global and their spells have cast times shorter than the GCD. So you always have time to weave them in, even if just spamming Benefic non-stop!
    Yeah, a very annoying design, imo and I dread to see them implement it on other healers.
    I just hate when the spell is shorter than the GCD because it makes continuous casting a pain in the butt.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    He's made animation/effect replacer mods. Want your Ninja LB3 to be like Archer's Unlimited Blade Works attack from Fate? Mod for that. Want your Gunbreaker to fight like Dante from DMC? Mod for that. Just want flashier Black Mage animations? Mod for that.
    Haha, I didn't know mods were able to go this far.
    Ballsy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Unfortunately, roulettes are off the table as the last thing I want is to be randomized into end of ARR hard modes. It sucks to not be able to take advantage of the tank/healer in need bonus, but it's just too risky.
    May I kindly give some advice?

    STOP WHINING AND MAN UP.

    If you healed PvP and raids in WoW, healing leveling content (that includes "hardmode" primals but not extreme modes) in XIV should be a cakewalk to you.
    Don't be fooled by the "hard" moniker, it merely means that it's a higher level version, it's not actually hard to in anyway.

    I've never seen anyone as squeamish as you when it comes to simple leveling content.
    I aree on the AST cards feeling clunky though. I never really liked them. Not much to read, you got two colors green and purple: one is melee and tank (don't ask me which, too long ago), the other is caster. Ignore the actual symbols, they are a relic of the past when you had 4 different cards instead of two.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    Tanks do though, and the potency ramp from AoE is a big deal. With even one DPS that has an AoE the pulls will also die incredibly quickly.
    They do but usually they fail to account for a healer that has little experience and shitty leveling gear.
    In that case it can actually be annoying to challenging to keep a tank alive.

    Sure, if the healer is a downscaled max level player it's easy going but not everyone is.
    A decent tank checks / increases the pulls gradually to see how his healer copes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    The only thing you really need to pay a bit attention to, is the symbol above the cards, so you have 3 different symbols for the Divination, since as soon as you have 3 and Divination is on cooldown, you can just convert them to those bigger cards instead to have more damage AND not replace the symbols.
    He can but lets be honest: the damage bonus is so minor that it only matters in savage raids. So for the beginning I would stick to the basics and expand when he feels more comfortable with the class.

  12. #50752
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Can't do much AOE when you get your cheeks clapped by pulling 12 mobs that live for 2 minutes. Sure, if a tank and healer are experienced and have decent gear, it's probably fine, but I find that's rarely the case in my leveling roulettes.
    What the heck? [insert confused meme here]
    What?

    I have been recently leveling WHM (50 atm) solely on dungeons and been telling every single tank regardless of their experience or gear to pull everything. First message to party is "Hi", then "Tank you can pull everything otherwise I will die of boredom".

    Then I target tank, run around with him and spam 1 button. That is not exaggeration. I don't dispel waste of time in low dungs, aoe healing sometimes but rarely and thats it. I also don't dps and dont use any other CDs like surecast etc. waste of my finger joints.

    I have never met a tank that got his cheeks clapped by any amount of mobs around him. The only time tank died was when he ran away from me. Some more daring tanks also pulls mobs with boss.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  13. #50753
    The Lightbringer Pannonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    3,138
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    What the heck? [insert confused meme here]
    What?

    I have been recently leveling WHM (50 atm) solely on dungeons and been telling every single tank regardless of their experience or gear to pull everything. First message to party is "Hi", then "Tank you can pull everything otherwise I will die of boredom".

    Then I target tank, run around with him and spam 1 button. That is not exaggeration. I don't dispel waste of time in low dungs, aoe healing sometimes but rarely and thats it. I also don't dps and dont use any other CDs like surecast etc. waste of my finger joints.

    I have never met a tank that got his cheeks clapped by any amount of mobs around him. The only time tank died was when he ran away from me. Some more daring tanks also pulls mobs with boss.
    While generally i agree with you as someone who pulls everything as tank and encourages tanks to do the same as a a healer, there is this rare occasion that you get a tank who has no clue about his role and actions AND is egregiously undergeared - but that happens once in a year...

  14. #50754
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    May I kindly give some advice?

    STOP WHINING AND MAN UP.

    If you healed PvP and raids in WoW, healing leveling content (that includes "hardmode" primals but not extreme modes) in XIV should be a cakewalk to you.
    Don't be fooled by the "hard" moniker, it merely means that it's a higher level version, it's not actually hard to in anyway.

    I've never seen anyone as squeamish as you when it comes to simple leveling content.
    Not kind and not advice.

    I've been open from the beginning about my anxiety and that FFXIV even requiring group content was a potential deal breaker. The fact that I've been able to do it at all, let alone heal and tank, is miraculous.

    I decided to try both because people said it was on par with Wrath, which is the only time I enjoyed doing either. Stress free AoE fests. It hasn't been until recently after I expressed my difficulties that this caveat of ARR being an exception was added. I would have saved myself a lot of frustration otherwise.

    I started tanking and healing 2 weeks ago, just for reference. While I do have prior experience in WoW, LFD is the main reason I quit doing both because random groups of different playstyles are toxic.

    Some of the trials are nightmares, like Thornmarch Hard. Maybe I got unlucky, but I found it worse than Chrysalis. When I raided, people knew the strategy (never did LFR). Many of these encounters through DF are awful experiences unless they're Cape Westwind level easy.
    "People with depression score higher on tests of realism. Intelligence is positively correlated with mental illness and suicide. What this indicates is that if the mind understands too much about reality, it wants to destroy itself. Human life is existential horror."

  15. #50755
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Not kind and not advice.

    I've been open from the beginning about my anxiety and that FFXIV even requiring group content was a potential deal breaker. The fact that I've been able to do it at all, let alone heal and tank, is miraculous.
    I'm glad you stuck with it, I remember your earlier posts voicing your concerns.

    I hope you find a way to continue enjoying it.

    That said, trials will always be hit or miss, because those have punishing mechanics that should be explained. If you want to be confident in your abilities I'd suggest reading or watching a guide, but there's also nothing wrong with zoning in and saying "first time, what do I need to know to not die or kill us?"

    I decided to try both because people said it was on par with Wrath, which is the only time I enjoyed doing either. Stress free AoE fests. It hasn't been until recently after I expressed my difficulties that this caveat of ARR being an exception was added. I would have saved myself a lot of frustration otherwise.
    The dungeons in the first part of ARR are an exception to the rule anymore. Because even the first dungeons added after launch, in 2.1, included walls/gates that limited the amount of enemies you could pull at a time.

    As stated above though, trials will always be hit or miss.

    Some of the trials are nightmares, like Thornmarch Hard. Maybe I got unlucky, but I found it worse than Chrysalis. When I raided, people knew the strategy (never did LFR). Many of these encounters through DF are awful experiences unless they're Cape Westwind level easy.
    I can confirm you just got unlucky with Thornmarch (Hard). It's a very easy trial IF people do what they're supposed to. It's no fault of the healer if people don't do the correct kill order and end up take WAAAAY more damage than they're supposed to as a result.

    I always assume people don't know the fight and explain it beforehand. I'd rather people get mad at me for taking the time to explain and waste ~30-60 seconds, rather than having the group wipe, wasting that much time PLUS the time it takes to then explain it correctly. Because as irritated as they might be for someone explaining the fight, they're just irritated, not angry or raging or anything else beyond that.

  16. #50756
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,015
    New interview with Matsuno on Bozja.

    According to Matsuno, reception to Eureka seemed to be fiercly negative in the West. "Timesink grind". Japan was split on it but still leaned negative. So the FFXIV team was hesitant to do more grind zone content. The team spent a long time deliberating on it. They didn't decide to do it until after ShB was released. Matsuno wasn't recruited for the project until August, and he didn't finish the story until September.

    Matsuno originally thought of making the story about liberating Dalmasca. You would also get to time travel back and witness the destruction of Bozja Citadel. But he found out that the plot of ShB 5.0's MSQ involved time travel and decided not to do that. So the Bozja Citadel part became a dream sequence, an idea reused from a scrapped story for Vagrant Story 2.

    When the Bozja story for 5.25 was made, there was no plan for anything further. He wrote 5.25 with no consideration for future patches (sounds like he didn't know how many patches Bozja would even get).

    The original idea was to have a fight against Gabranth, not Varis, but Matsuno thought that there was no reason for Cid to fight Gabranth. He realized that Varis was killed off at the end of 5.0 but had never been fought before, so that's when he recommended having Varis be the boss in the dream sequence. (So... after ShB 5.0 released, there were literally no plans to see Varis again until Matsuno suggested it?)

    The Varis fight was cooked up by the battle team in 2 weeks.

    Matsuno suggested having the trust party members involved. The fight had to take place in a dream sequence or else it wouldn't make sense because at the time the Scions are trapped on the First.

    Matsuno's wording seems to suggest that the Werlyt storyline was planned before Bozja (possibly before even ShB 5.0 was released?).

    Early on the Odin quests would have been mandatory (to understand the metaphysics behind swords that possess their wielders) but that requirement was dropped because it would've made it too much effort to do the Bozja questline.

    Writing Bozja was difficult for Matsuno because he kept finding out he couldn't include elements in his story because they were planned to be included later on in the ShB patch MSQ story.

    5.35 story was written at the end of 2019.

    Mikoto's sister was going to be involved but Matsuno decided to save her for later (welp, we'll never get to see that story now).

    Matsuno didn't write the stories that happen during the FATEs/skirmishes. The battle team created that. He wrote the NPC backstories/field record/codex, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matsuno
    Japanese players seem to be more likely to hesitate to kill the darker the character of the enemy." lolol really? Surprising given how much evildoers are let off the hook in Japanese entertainment.
    Another gem:

    Quote Originally Posted by Matsuno
    The handling of Yoshida characters is very annoying. If I draw a war, I don't like the fact that an unnamed soldier dies without being told the origin, but the main characters hold hands unharmed, which is too unrealistic. Unless all of them are behind as commanders, they are at the forefront ... even heroes can die with a single shot of Nagaredama.

     On the other hand, if the development is too enthusiastic, it will be difficult to create content this time, and it will not be possible to take bold movements .... Some staff are too concerned about the reaction of customers, and I still think that this is really difficult.
    When Matsuno wrote the Blades being tempered, he didn't know that a cure for tempering was going to be invented in the very next MSQ patch. When Matsuno found out, he insisted that the Blades would not be saved (except for Lovro).

    Matsuno was worried that fighting Garlean soldiers and magitek robots would quickly become repetive, so that's why he diversified the IVth Legion with magicians, demonic summoners, and beast tamers.

    Matsuno and Yoshida quite liked Lyon.

    Matsuno wasn't satisfied by how Fordola was handled so he created Misija as a sorta rehash of it, with Basjalien playing the role of Raubahn.

    Yoshida and Matsuno seem to think that some players don't want to participate in the Garlean War storyline and just want to go adventure. So for Bozja they gave the player the option to be indifferent to the Misija decision and just let Basjalien decide what to do with her.

    Hien was supposed to appear in the Bozja storyline but it was cut (either due to development time constraints or how long the storyline was already becoming, hard to tell this is google translate).

    Matsuno asked to include Oboro (the Ninja job NPC).

    No plans for future Dalmasca story right now. Matsuno seems to think we might not get more war stories. Yoshida says he wants to make more adventure stories. Yoshida says he'd like to see Lyon again. Matsuno hopes that Beastmaster will one day become a playable job.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Maybe we'll get a 6.X patch storyline where we go romping around with Lyon or something.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-09-28 at 07:35 PM.

  17. #50757
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    a scrapped story for Vagrant Story 2.
    My heart hurts. I loved Vagrant Story.

    I know they don't have plans for Dalmasca and I'm okay with that, but I would absolutely love 24 man raids set in Lea Monde from Vagrant Story instead if I'm never going to get a Vagrant Story remaster or sequel.

    That was an interesting article, thanks for the translation <3.

  18. #50758
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Not kind and not advice.

    I've been open from the beginning about my anxiety and that FFXIV even requiring group content was a potential deal breaker. The fact that I've been able to do it at all, let alone heal and tank, is miraculous.

    Some of the trials are nightmares, like Thornmarch Hard. Maybe I got unlucky, but I found it worse than Chrysalis. When I raided, people knew the strategy (never did LFR). Many of these encounters through DF are awful experiences unless they're Cape Westwind level easy.
    I don't read every post in this thread and I don't know you personally, so forgive me for not being up to speed about any and all possible mental issues of every poster in here.

    Fact is: there is nothing to fear or be anxious about in this game. The worst anyone can do is throw ASCII signs in your direction and you can always just hide the chat window. :'D
    If you managed WoW dungeons, especially pre LFD, where you actually had to interact with .. you know: people... you will be fine in FFs dungeons as well.
    99% of the runs are <greeting emote> -> silently smashing content -> <parting emote>. You get the occasional idiot but well.. that's the Internet for you.
    Just shrug and move on.

    Personally I think people are way too easily offended and quickly label everything the disagree with as "toxic". Even in WoW, touted to be one of the most toxic communities there is, 95% of my dungeon runs were dead silent. Even when the occasional wipe happened.


    Thornmarch got it's balls cut off in a nerf. Is it even possible to wipe in there anymore?
    Yeah Chrysalis can be a wee bit mean if the tanks don't know what to do in the white meteor phase and the Limit Break gets wasted.

    Some of these story trials are ancient and most people doing them nowadays never bothered to learn the proper way of doing them b/c they had someone along who carried them trough it, so yes they can result in a few wipes. Shit happens. You get back up and try again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    there's also nothing wrong with zoning in and saying "first time, what do I need to know to not die or kill us?"

    I always assume people don't know the fight and explain it beforehand.
    Pretty much the above. I always say when I am in there for the first time. I explain only as necessary though. Most mechanics are not worth mentioning and as a veteran healer I just push through. I could see where a fledgling would be overburdened though.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2021-09-28 at 08:25 PM.

  19. #50759
    decided to give Final Fantasy a try...disclaimer - I'm old - Actually grew up in a time before WASD controls and never got used to it (on WoW on my Mac use the 4 arrow keys to move). So logging in and seeing that was a bummer for me. Found the quest text and mini map size really annoyingly small font...this old guy would need to wear glasses while playing...not a fan of the lengthy chats between toon and npc's as opposed to quest text in WoW...without reading game play guide just found getting around the main city not to be intuitive (small map didn't help). Was able to accept a bunch of quests only actually completed one...seems like a lot of systems to get used to...absolutely HATE the constant loading screens in different areas of the main city...remember that being in other Asian MMO's I've tried and simply can't stand it.

    Seems like a lot of barriers to entry...will say this about WoW...back in 2005 it was the first MMO I ever played with very limited gaming experience...2 things they do great is the openness of the World (no loading screens going to different sections of Org for example) and much easier to grasp basic systems and concepts of the game.

    I only play Classic now and am getting pretty bored of it since I don't have the time to commit to raiding...was very much hopping FF would be appealing...but not my cup of tea.

  20. #50760
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Pretty much the above. I always say when I am in there for the first time. I explain only as necessary though. Most mechanics are not worth mentioning and as a veteran healer I just push through. I could see where a fledgling would be overburdened though.
    I should have put a caveat: only on fights where there's fail mechanics that instantly wipe the group if people don't follow them. Which most of the more current trials have.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •