Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    decided to give Final Fantasy a try...disclaimer - I'm old - Actually grew up in a time before WASD controls and never got used to it (on WoW on my Mac use the 4 arrow keys to move). So logging in and seeing that was a bummer for me. Found the quest text and mini map size really annoyingly small font...this old guy would need to wear glasses while playing...not a fan of the lengthy chats between toon and npc's as opposed to quest text in WoW...without reading game play guide just found getting around the main city not to be intuitive (small map didn't help). Was able to accept a bunch of quests only actually completed one...seems like a lot of systems to get used to...absolutely HATE the constant loading screens in different areas of the main city...remember that being in other Asian MMO's I've tried and simply can't stand it.
    Yeah, city quests can be annoying. Thankfully, they are a one time thing. I do agree that the constant loading times are jarring if you are used to WoW.
    Over time, you don't notice them anymore. Also having a fast SSD helps.

Not sure whether you can increase the font size, probably via UI scaling?

I have a question that's probably hard to realistically answer but here goes anyways....How is the raiding scene on Primal? Originally I was on Aether and xferred to Crystal to raid with a friend after I looked through some stuff and got opinions. They said Crystal is fine for raiding....yea no it wasn't. It was terrible. I xferred off it soon as I could when I re-subbed but Aether was closed so I went to primal. Seems Aether is back open now and idk if I really wanna transfer to Aether again.

I'm not looking for a hardcore static or anything. Just...I want to be able to easily find a group that's not braindead and can clear the raid in a month or 2 at most.

Does anyone knows what UI is rogerbrown using? god it looks good

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    I have a question that's probably hard to realistically answer but here goes anyways....How is the raiding scene on Primal? Originally I was on Aether and xferred to Crystal to raid with a friend after I looked through some stuff and got opinions. They said Crystal is fine for raiding....yea no it wasn't. It was terrible. I xferred off it soon as I could when I re-subbed but Aether was closed so I went to primal. Seems Aether is back open now and idk if I really wanna transfer to Aether again.

I'm not looking for a hardcore static or anything. Just...I want to be able to easily find a group that's not braindead and can clear the raid in a month or 2 at most.
    It's good, but not Aether, but it's also not Crystal. I generally can clear first 3 fights first week with the pugs, but there's some riff raff if you don't get early clears.

from what I can tell of the discussions about bozja, the different teams handling side content and the team handling the MSQ and MSQ patches need to communicate better, but i also see how sensitive and difficult this can be to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    It's good, but not Aether, but it's also not Crystal. I generally can clear first 3 fights first week with the pugs, but there's some riff raff if you don't get early clears.
    I'll be honest. I've soured on Aether quite a lot in my last few years there. With how many top end raiders that appeared, so many people flocked there and as a result that data center has been filled with quite a lot of bad players too. So while there are quite a lot of good players, there's probably 5x more bad players. As for Crystal...well...there only seemed to be bad players lol. I am hoping Primal could be a good balance in between.

Managed my goal of getting every combat job to at least 50 in a month. It took a good 2 weeks just to go from 40-50 on most of them, the EXP gains just went off a cliff in that range. I can't imagine how horrific it would've been without the Road to 70.

I'm not sure I would've made it had I not unlocked squadron command missions. Mixed feelings on those. Love the Withered Training feel of them, don't love the limited choice in dungeons or that the squad levels so slowly I haven't been able to do anything above Toto-Rak.

"Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought." - Isaac Bashevis Singer

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Managed my goal of getting every combat job to at least 50 in a month. It took a good 2 weeks just to go from 40-50 on most of them, the EXP gains just went off a cliff in that range. I can't imagine how horrific it would've been without the Road to 70.

I'm not sure I would've made it had I not unlocked squadron command missions. Mixed feelings on those. Love the Withered Training feel of them, don't love the limited choice in dungeons or that the squad levels so slowly I haven't been able to do anything above Toto-Rak.

I have all tanks and heals on 50 ez. With dps, the real boss is queue times.

Spent the last few weeks going through all of Eureka. I'm currently finished with it other than doing the Baldesion Arsenal and finishing a weapon (I just did a +1 armor set). Don't plan on making any of the weapons because they all look absolutely horrid.

That being said, I thought it was an overall enjoyable experience. There are a lot of familiar faces that you'll see. Kinda gave me that similar feeling in Vanilla WoW where you'd quest with some people in like Westfall or something and then a few weeks later you'd see them again in Stranglethorn Vale. A few people I did NMs with in Anemos I ended up seeing in the other zones so that was cool. I remember people saying that Pagos was the worst zone, but I actually kinda enjoyed it. The zone I disliked was Pyros. That shit was annoying. I did get the Eldthur mount on my second bunny fate though, so that was super sweet.

So yeah, got some shiny armor, got a rare and expensive mount, and made a few million gil in the process. Time well spent I'd say. If you've been hesitating on doing Eureka because of it's reputation, I'd say try it out. It's a lot better than it was in Stormblood. I briefly tried to do Anemos at the end of Stormblood and it was terrible.

I wonder if endwalker brings viera hats anytime in future, the devs didn't quite denied the possibility of having hats for vieras. While viera will still remain a goddess regardless hat or no, I would love to have a hat since I will also be rolling a boy alt as well.

I forgot to mention about squadron DPS. Everything I'd seen said 2 archers is the way to go. I only have one so I toyed around with the other DPS and arcanist feels like it's better than archer? She does AoEs quite often, the archer does not, and groups seemed to go down a lot faster once I added her. Bonus points that she also off-heals.

Is the archer info outdated or is it because they improve a lot at higher levels? Most of my group is around level 30 now.
    "Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought." - Isaac Bashevis Singer

Archer is still the best. At rank 5 offensive tactics, they burn down targets so fast it doesn't matter if they don't AoE. Also they don't need to stand still to cast which is a lifesaver if you're tanking because you can sprint through the dungeon pulling stuff and the archers will still be burning them down, reducing the damage your taking. Whereas with a caster they won't do that and you'll be dying as you go along.

Got some leaks for some of the new job actions if you all are interested: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxivdiscus..._action_leaks/

The source is kinda random, but they look so realistic that I think they're real.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Got some leaks for some of the new job actions if you all are interested: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxivdiscus..._action_leaks/

The source is kinda random, but they look so realistic that I think they're real.
    Lol Sage's rotation is marginally more interesting than White Mage's. Like White Mage, you'll place a DoT on your target and then pretty much just spam either your single target damage spell or your AoE spell. Only difference is that you mark the tank to heal them over time as you do damage, and you have a gauge that builds up a resource over time that you can use to occasionally use a damage CD. You have 20 different healing spells you'll never use outside of endgame raid content.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I'm still working on my goal of everything to 80...it's uh...quite a journey...
    I hit that a couple months ago, leveling 1-2 jobs each time a new big patch came out. It was a journey, that's for sure.

The biggest struggle for me on each of them was 70-71 because after that you can do Trusts or otherwise have the ShB dungeons and Bozja/Zadnor available.

Took me ~3 days of casual play (~2-4 hours each day) to go from 71-80 just focusing on that, doing a combination of Roulettes, Trusts, Beast Tribe (Fae), and Bozja. Could have likely done it faster if I really focused on that, but blech...I hate grinding. But I'll do it on Reaper when Endwalker comes out so I can level through the MSQ with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I wonder if endwalker brings viera hats anytime in future, the devs didn't quite denied the possibility of having hats for vieras. While viera will still remain a goddess regardless hat or no, I would love to have a hat since I will also be rolling a boy alt as well.
    And also the other added hairstyles, specifically Rainmaker and the Lightning hair style from the XIII cross over event. Hats would be cool, too of course, but I don't mind it nearly as much as I want to use the hairstyles I earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I hit that a couple months ago, leveling 1-2 jobs each time a new big patch came out. It was a journey, that's for sure.

The biggest struggle for me on each of them was 70-71 because after that you can do Trusts or otherwise have the ShB dungeons and Bozja/Zadnor available.

Took me ~3 days of casual play (~2-4 hours each day) to go from 71-80 just focusing on that, doing a combination of Roulettes, Trusts, Beast Tribe (Fae), and Bozja. Could have likely done it faster if I really focused on that, but blech...I hate grinding. But I'll do it on Reaper when Endwalker comes out so I can level through the MSQ with it.

- - - Updated - - -

And also the other added hairstyles, specifically Rainmaker and the Lightning hair style from the XIII cross over event. Hats would be cool, too of course, but I don't mind it nearly as much as I want to use the hairstyles I earned.
    That's good news. I also saw the prieview by Zepla recently, she's also getting invited to media tour later this month, so more news are coming. Definetly hyped

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Lol Sage's rotation is marginally more interesting than White Mage's. Like White Mage, you'll place a DoT on your target and then pretty much just spam either your single target damage spell or your AoE spell. Only difference is that you mark the tank to heal them over time as you do damage, and you have a gauge that builds up a resource over time that you can use to occasionally use a damage CD. You have 20 different healing spells you'll never use outside of endgame raid content.
    So basically healers stay the same... okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    So basically healers stay the same... okay.
    Well, I wont be playing Glaremage anymore. I will play: Glare-III-Mage

I am Murloc!
    Man the DRK changes don't look all that great if they're legit.

I'm sure most tanks play like this, but currently delirium and blood weapon are abilities that last both 10 seconds, both of which require you to always press them as your second oGCD. If you don't have enough skill speed or you don't press them as your second oGCD, you basically will only get 4 uses of the ability instead of 5. If those changes are true, delirium has been moved to a 60 second CD instead of 90, but has charges over a 30 second duration instead of a 10 second buff. Personally I think this is a pretty solid change because the DRK rotation (and a lot of classes in FF14) feel incredibly frantic or busy on openers, and fairly slow after that.

It's curious that they changed delirium completely, but didn't change blood weapon at all. I'd assume they either overlooked it, or just want them to be different. If blood weapon was changed to behave like the new delirium however, it would devalue skill speed to the point that I don't think DRK would want it on any piece of gear ever. Perhaps that's why they didn't want to change both, but regardless, the delirium change alone makes skill speed a little bit less impactful (unless I'm missing something).

The new abilities are whatever to me honestly (from a DRK perspective). Not a big fan of oblation, especially considering we already have TBN as something we can use on ourselves or target party members with. Shadowbringer sounds cool, but it's basically just a stronger carve and spit with charges that does AoE damage, which begs the question, why even have carve and spit?

I realize that some people like different things, but to me some of the new expansion buttons (at least for some of the jobs I play) just feel like bloat. It just feels like even more oGCD abilities being added to weave into an already hectic opener. FF14 combat to me isn't my favorite, and I think part of that is how frantic it feels for the first ~10-15 seconds, followed by virtually nothing for the next 45 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Well, I wont be playing Glaremage anymore. I will play: Glare-III-Mage
    Oh yeah, baby!