Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Why must you guys turn every fun thing into a big brain dick measurement contest?
    As if you gal's didn't compare sizes of your secondary sexual characteristics. :<

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Why must you guys turn every fun thing into a big brain dick measurement contest?
    You're ridiculous, lol.

Comparing performance across classes using numbers is a thing in every game where numbers exist. This isn't a "guy" thing. GTFO with your stupid hot take.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Honestly, that's kind of what happens with things like MMOs. There's not a lot of real, true prestige or accomplishments, so people just sit around and jerk off over stats and numbers and what thing is 1.2% better than some other thing. Then they act like they're big elite hardasses for letting you know that 1.2% is a big deal for TRUE players like them.

The irony is that in most cases the people ACTUALLY playing at the top level will all tell you that 99% of this shit doesn't even matter if you play well.
    In WoW it's the actual top players who push this stuff the most. You'll see lots of first kills with 3-4 people of a single class / spec at the high end, even though there's only 14 slots (+-) and more than 20 dps specs. In the past, there have been kills with 8-9 dds of the exact same class / spec (e.g. Cata Nef). If it wouldn't matter for them, it would be spread out far more and you'd never see more than 1-2 of each spec. I have to admit, I have no idea how it is in other MMOs (including FF14), but I'm blindly guessing it shouldn't be THAT different.
    Last edited by Frostfred; 2021-10-08 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Damn that was pretty funny

Sure, it happens in WoW in the world first race where you've got corporate entities racing, but it's not required for raiding in general by any means. Hell, once WF is over they goof around like crazy. And WF teams in XIV often have less than perfect compositions.

All this hand-wringing over, "oh my god what're the best jobs to clear this raid six months later, it's important we know!" is just some nonsense made up by people who think that this is what makes you a hardcore raider.
    Aye, I agree that there seems to be too much panicking about stuff like this. Though in my experience it's still much more common in the hardcore-scene (the real one) than the casual one or even self-perceived hardcore one. Purely anecdotal, but I'm in completely casual circles in FF14 and was something between semi-hardcore and casual in WoW for over 10 years, and class balancing was never much of an issue in terms of filling raids - though, of course, it could be annoying when it was completely off.

As we're on classes: These days I'm getting into more and more higher lvl instances while leveling my WHM and get used a bit more to it. And holy f**k it's a breeze compared to SCH right now. I still somehow feel much more solid in terms of gameplay with the SCH, as I have more experience, but just in terms of how stable the group / the run is and how many tools I have to deal with stuff, WHM just blows SCH out of the water. Ironically, WHM even has the bigger shield (with the exception of a crit Adlo). Sometime that switched around, at low level I always felt the other way around. Yesterday I was in Bardam's - the one instance I really struggled with SCH back then. The tank did wall-to-wall pulls, and it was never an issue keeping him alive. Only 2 times he dropped quite low, but.. Benediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    I have to admit, I have no idea how it is in other MMOs (including FF14), but I'm blindly guessing it shouldn't be THAT different.
    It's not as much of a big deal in ff14 because dps is more balanced than it is in wow. People prefer not to use double range dps but outside of week 1 savage you can use pretty much whatever you want.

Some jobs are better at things others arent, also depends on sync level and such, or mabye a fight is low on movement for long period of times, making black mage amazing or the fight has prolongued time of 2 targets cleave where monk can just go HAM. But when it comes to end game dps, the dps numbers are close enough based on utility and also the buff given for having one of each role. There is no DPS check that even sub optimal groups wont meet unless they dont know how to play. This game wipes you based on people not doing the mechanics. Its not to say that they are not dps checks, infact some of the old fight that are considered mistakes even by the devs own admissions where dps checks in the way that it was better to burn the boss and skip broken mechanics. The game headed in a pretty different direction and theres literally no dps check even 4 bard dps team couldnt complete in shadowbringer. So like, just pick your job, know what you are doing and you will never get turned down. Hell the game encourage you to multi job, at some point everybody ends with at least 2-3 jobs that they feel they really like and its never a problem as gearing itself is pretty fucking easy. That makes this mindset of OMG we need to stack X job, pointless, even in high end FF14 nobody does that. Its not wow, we dont have warrior doing 50% more dps then the feral druid.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-10-08 at 10:57 PM.

So accurate!!! Thanks for the laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Damn that was pretty funny
    Yop. Got a good chuckle out of it.

It shouldn't be surprising that its happening with Endwalker next month but its kind of a bummer to see Dalriada pop and nobody join on my server. Those relic grinds getting slower aside its going to be a real shame for people to not fight the Diablo Weapon at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    It shouldn't be surprising that its happening with Endwalker next month but its kind of a bummer to see Dalriada pop and nobody join on my server. Those relic grinds getting slower aside its going to be a real shame for people to not fight the Diablo Weapon at least once.
    I can do with less of that portal phase on my life though. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I can do with less of that portal phase on my life though. XD
    But you did it to have the memories

- - - Updated - - -

So i got around to finishing the Shared Fates and getting all my Trusts to lvl.80 to have finished everything in Shadowbringers and i need to check but i think they really buffed trust xp rates. It used to be like 4-5 runs per dungeon to level one up but one run of the Mines and one of Mt.Gulg got my last three from fresh 78's to 80. I was honestly prepared for up to ten monotonous dungeon runs with snail npcs.

Now i guess i just grab the levelling gear for Sage and Reaper and keep hawking ingots and furniture for easy gil but this is easily the most done with an expansion i've been before the next one hits.

With 40 days left maybe i'll go back and finally finish Pyros.

Finally level 80. Not that I cared much but that was one helluva journey.

Now just have to do 9001 blue quests which i completely ignored in the past. Then to figure out where to get either guild or people to play raids with.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Finally level 80. Not that I cared much but that was one helluva journey.

Now just have to do 9001 blue quests which i completely ignored in the past. Then to figure out where to get either guild or people to play raids with.
    You don't need an FC to do the raids if you want to see the story. The raids on normal are pretty easy. Just do the questline and then when you get to the part where you have to do the raid, just queue for it in duty finder (ofcourse queue times will vary depending on what day and time you queue and what role you are queued as. Don't bother reading guides beforehand because really these raids are super easy and the party will succeeded even if you die over and over and you'll just needlessly spoil yourself and stuff that happens during the fight). If you want to do the raids on harder difficulties, than honestly it's pretty late in the game to join an FC. Extreme trials are puggable. The savage raids aren't that hard anymore because raiders are geared, and FCs have pretty much stopped actively progging them.

You don't need an FC to do the raids if you want to see the story. The raids on normal are pretty easy. Just do the questline and then when you get to the part where you have to do the raid, just queue for it in duty finder (ofcourse queue times will vary depending on what day and time you queue and what role you are queued as. Don't bother reading guides beforehand because really these raids are super easy and the party will succeeded even if you die over and over and you'll just needlessly spoil yourself and stuff that happens during the fight). If you want to do the raids on harder difficulties, than honestly it's pretty late in the game to join an FC. Extreme trials are puggable. The savage raids aren't that hard anymore because raiders are geared, and FCs have pretty much stopped actively progging them.
    I mean I was mythic raider in WoW. I want to do the raids for challenge not to farm them for stuff. Up to extreme is probably not even going to be a challenge.
    So that leaves me with savages and ultimate.

I know its late to in this expansion but there is influx of new players and maybe some guilds are still doing this. If not, maybe some discord or community that still does them. Or maybe some people quit and guilds are recruiting for new expansion.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I mean I was mythic raider in WoW.
    Extreme mode primals feel pretty much like the easier "heroic" bosses in WoW. Mechanics that matter but really lenient enrage timers and overall quite forgiving.
    The first 2 savage bosses of a given Tier aren't difficult at all. I'd put them analogous to WoW's slightly meaner "Heroic" difficulty bosses. The latter 2 are definitely a step up and comparable to mythic.
    Ultimage I cannot judge, since I've never experienced it.

People say this a lot, but honestly it's not nearly as bad as advertised. You actually see as much or more of a variance in Eden as you do in Sanctum.
    Variance in DPS or class usage?

Both games have similar variantions in DPS between classes, at least that's how I see it when I look at 75th percentiles.
    I think it's ~10% from best to worst in both cases. (FFXIV rDPS / WoW aDPS, as there is no such thing as rDPS).
    But the "top 6 choices" are close to 1% difference in FFXIV and maybe 3-4% in WoW.

I don't think WoW-Mythic even cares *that* much about DPS performance. You are looking at and for utility and situational DPS/Burst DPS.

In FFXIV, all you have to do is to beat the enrage timer.
    The really difficult mechanics which take some time to learn are usually not skip-able with DPS... so it really doesn't matter as long as you beat the enrage timer.
    In WoW, you can skip parts of a battle by simply bursting something down so fast or you can use damage reduce abilities to make them much easier, that's why you stack a specific class most of the time. Like Hunters for the Generals etc.

FFXIV doesn't have that, which is, I'm assuming, why classes really don't matter other than the distribution of healers/tanks/melee/range for raid mechanics and consistency. Getting a good rDPS percentile with the class you are playing is way more important than the class you play itself.
    That's probably why world-first setups have whatever the good/tenacious players play at that point in time, the last 30 seconds of most boss fights are simple spank&tanks anyway because they do some minor damage cast 3 times before they unleash their wipe mechanic.
    (See E12S/1 and E12S/2 for example. But really, it's pretty much every fight)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-10 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    But you did it to have the memories

- - - Updated - - -

So i got around to finishing the Shared Fates and getting all my Trusts to lvl.80 to have finished everything in Shadowbringers and i need to check but i think they really buffed trust xp rates. It used to be like 4-5 runs per dungeon to level one up but one run of the Mines and one of Mt.Gulg got my last three from fresh 78's to 80. I was honestly prepared for up to ten monotonous dungeon runs with snail npcs.

Now i guess i just grab the levelling gear for Sage and Reaper and keep hawking ingots and furniture for easy gil but this is easily the most done with an expansion i've been before the next one hits.

With 40 days left maybe i'll go back and finally finish Pyros.
    Pyros was awful, but it's pretty active right now. Finishing Eureka is probably a good idea, because it likely won't be this active again until the end of Endwalker.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    FFXIV doesn't have that
    Last time I checked, you can skip quite a few mechanics in XIV via DPS but in current content that usually doesn't happen much anymore because they balanced differently.