Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Havent done Eureka, but how is an improvement over ARR relic when the best way to get steps done from the relic chain is to do content NOT related to the current expansion??? the ilvl 500 relic has you doing HVW and SB fates because its better than doing actual bozja content, w.t.f???? the 510, sure, you get 5 from castrum, but gl knowing when its spawning, otherwise, crystal tower it is, the 515??? POTD because delubrum takes forever, LOL
    It's SE attempt to future proof the relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Lets be honest: These places are horrible, especially when you do more than one relic weapon.
    They are designed around everyone using the consumables but most people can't be arsed. If you use ACT you will see the ridiculously low DPS and the reason why the place takes 40m+ when it could be done in 20.

While the additional actions can be fun, I hope SE never designs content like that again. It just sucks when you waste so much of your time to people being bad and lazy.
    There's this wonderful too called the party finder. It's amazing how fast the runs you get with an organized group will be. 15-20 minutes tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I wonder what kind of copium I'll see in response to this.
    ok I'll bite:

Wow, so it's still at and above shadowbringers release levels?
    That's quite amazing

I wonder when the launch trailer is dropping this time around. Isn't it usually a month before release?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I wonder when the launch trailer is dropping this time around. Isn't it usually a month before release?
    If that's the case, my guess is the 19th at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    It shouldn't be surprising that its happening with Endwalker next month but its kind of a bummer to see Dalriada pop and nobody join on my server. Those relic grinds getting slower aside its going to be a real shame for people to not fight the Diablo Weapon at least once.
    i know the feeling. kind of wish they would have just separated those dungeons out like what they did with DR or threw them all in the duty finder. If they wanted to limited people doing it, just put a cooldown timer after you completed the dungeon, instead of sitting in the instance waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaice View Post
    i know the feeling. kind of wish they would have just separated those dungeons out like what they did with DR or threw them all in the duty finder. If they wanted to limited people doing it, just put a cooldown timer after you completed the dungeon, instead of sitting in the instance waiting.
    i can only assume they wanted Zadnor to remain a alt job boosting zone for the beginners playing catchup and that was a way to keep it populated with rank 25's for fate trains.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    There's this wonderful too called the party finder. It's amazing how fast the runs you get with an organized group will be. 15-20 minutes tops.
    Is that even possible? I thought we don't have any influence over the other X 8-man groups in Delubrum. Don't even get the alliance UI.
    Usually I go in with 4 buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Is that even possible? I thought we don't have any influence over the other X 8-man groups in Delubrum. Don't even get the alliance UI.
    Usually I go in with 4 buddies.
    Yeah. You set up an alliance raid for it. Don't know about the other data centers but Aether has them going on pretty much all day. When I logged off there were three different groups forming.

Anyone else seeing these headlines lately?
    Final Fantasy 14's game director doesn't like the drama surrounding World of Warcraft's player exodus
    https://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantas...naoki-yoshida/

I'm not surprised. Most of the drama is overblown and hypocritical in the first place.

I suspect he's not ignorant to the possibility that some of the same players migrating to FFXIV may decide to bring their baggage with them. I've already seen some people trying to 'cancel' FFXIV because there's some suggestive jokes present in ARR and HW.

Certainly Yoshida has reflected plenty on his time with other MMOs. He cites World of Warcraft along with Everquest, Ultima Online, and Dark Age of Camelot as some of his biggest gaming addictions.
    Interesting how he liked PvP games and yet FFXIV has incredibly undercooked PvP, not even world PvP. I wonder if he had a magic wish to make any game he wanted, if he'd make a PvP game.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Interesting how he liked PvP games and yet FFXIV has incredibly undercooked PvP, not even world PvP. I wonder if he had a magic wish to make any game he wanted, if he'd make a PvP game.
    He also compared FF to CoD

I suspect he isn't made aware of the demand for such content. Or that a lot of the decline in PvP is associated directly with the infestation of win trading, deliberate throwing and lack of meaningful rewards in ranked PvP.

not even world PvP.
    And thank the 12 for that. wPvP is the single dumbest thing ever and also it would not make sense in XIV because our factions are not at war.
    The last thing I want is for XIV to become PvP centric.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Shadowbringers trailer was released three weeks before release, Stormblood was two weeks and Heavensward only one week. So i'd say anywhere between one to three weeks before release.

I ussually avoid the launcher trailers cause of how spoilery they can be. The Shb one was especially so (fortunately I was prewarned and only saw it after I had already finished 5.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    I ussually avoid the launcher trailers cause of how spoilery they can be. The Shb one was especially so (fortunately I was prewarned and only saw it after I had already finished 5.0)
    I just now watched the Launch Trailer for Shadowbringers, and holy crap, you are right. It even ends with the true nature of both Zodiark and Hydaelyn.

Square needs to learn the difference between hype and spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    ok I'll bite:

Wow, so it's still at and above shadowbringers release levels?
    That's quite amazing
    Ya I know gaining plays after an expansion is terrible right?

He was tasked with turning a failed MMO around, especially one in the Final Fantasy series. PVP is just not popular enough to make a major focus. The people who love it, like it a lot, sure, but you never see any of these big PVP MMOs breaking records in the way that WoW and FF14 do.

He definitely made the right decision to focus on getting the PVE and story content in a solid place. Now it seems they're looking to make changes to PVP. He probably would've had more PVP in FF14 if he had built the game from scratch.