I'm sure I've said this before, but the Warrior questline was absolutely abysmal. Curious Gorge could get cleaved and I'd feel nothing but happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I'm sure I've said this before, but the Warrior questline was absolutely abysmal. Curious Gorge could get cleaved and I'd feel nothing but happiness.
    I thought it kinda picked up later when the Au'ra girl kept yeeting his useless bum across the sea. But I'm not a fan of warrior in general, my least favorite tank by far.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Sweet, sweet UI I spy there anybody know how one can achieve this? Oh man I need it.

Also, FINALLY Endwalker is almost upon us I cannot wait. Does anybody have any recommended channels or videos I could watch to ingest all of the new things coming with the new expansion? I imagine the media tour showed us a helluva lot, but I'm not too keen on who or where to look in regards to FF14 news (wtb MMO-C picking up that slack!)
    According to Reddit it's a mod called Delvui. Basically elvui for XIV.

If you're looking for class overviews I recommend MrHappy1227. He goes over every class with a good amount of depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ExpensiveFur...KcTEOxE3aNe_CS

So this happened, just in case anyone needed a good laugh.
    easily my favorite raid clip of all time

https://clips.twitch.tv/EnjoyablePre...px7ik_8v150hzv

I also snipped this from annihilation prog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    2) Rotations. I'll be frank, I only play NIN and BLM in MSQ roulette because I can't remember how to play them most of the time. I do well to manage the rotations of the other DPS and even then I know I'm not playing some of them optimally. I only feel truly confident with MCH and DRG.
    haha, I can imagine that one. I'm having tough time as it is adjusting to one class after another while leveling (80% ae never touched again after hitting cap). To do it all at once... ugh.

Gravity is awesome, I love the spell effects. I also love the AST LB III. So pretty!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    According to Reddit it's a mod called Delvui. Basically elvui for XIV.
    Sheesh I didn't know we could do that. Probably very much against the ToS though.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    haha, I can imagine that one. I'm having tough time as it is adjusting to one class after another while leveling (80% ae never touched again after hitting cap). To do it all at once... ugh.

Gravity is awesome, I love the spell effects. I also love the AST LB III. So pretty!

- - - Updated - - -

Sheesh I didn't know we could do that. Probably very much against the ToS though.
    Same as ACT "don't ask, don't tell" sort of sentiment from SE. As long as you aren't making problems for others.

So the next live letter will reveal the new pvp mode "to appeal to westerners" so what is everyone expecting?

With his comments about not looking at other similar mmos pvp but stuff like apex legends, splatoon and dota i'm expecting the MSQ system that lets us play as other characters in more recent updates will be expanded into something like smite where we select a character with a limited moveset to play something less team deathmatch and more tower defence or capture the flag.

It aint the wotlk era wintergrasp style fortress siege i would like but given how there are videos of WHM's just kneeling as they regen through any single job attacking them as one example i think they need to test anything thats not generic hotbar mmo pvp as it really doesn't work that well with XIV's engine and class balancing. But replace the characters with something totally balanced for competition and make it more objective focussed? that might work.

and i'll take anything over spamming shatter.

-though fun never ever option: just put final fantasy tactics in as a pvp turn based game mode.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2021-10-25 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So the next live letter will reveal the new pvp mode "to appeal to westerners" so what is everyone expecting?
    Maybe a more indepth large scale objective based battleground, except it has two factions instead of three. Maybe some sort of Alterac Valley experience, or a castle siege like Wintergrasp or Strand of the Ancients.

Only other type of PvP content they haven't really done yet is a free-for-all.

-though fun never ever option: just put final fantasy tactics in as a pvp turn based game mode.
    Hm... could work if you have a 30 second timer for your turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Maybe a more indepth large scale objective based battleground, except it has two factions instead of three. Maybe some sort of Alterac Valley experience, or a castle siege like Wintergrasp or Strand of the Ancients.

Only other type of PvP content they haven't really done yet is a free-for-all.
    I could be wrong but i think they confirmed this is 'smaller scale pvp' but considering the size of wolves den already that makes me expect some 2v2 or even 1v1 stuff.

Hell it could just be duelling outside the one location in La Noscea.

On the subject of PvP; I hate Frontlines which is up all the time, and love Rival Wings that only really pops during the tome events shortly before I have to sleep. Sadness.

There seems to be some unspoken rule in this game that if the tank dies the healer is incapable of healing whoever's next on enmity, usually me. -_-

Needed to gripe because this happens every. single. time. The latest was particularly annoying because with two healers up on Titan (Hard), neither one of them tossed me a single heal despite my being the one tanking Titan (as a MCH) after the MT died (the OT was doing jack all). It might've been fine if this were a rare occurrance, but it's not and it's frustrating. I find myself frequently missing all the threat drop/redirect abilities WoW has.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    There seems to be some unspoken rule in this game that if the tank dies the healer is incapable of healing whoever's next on enmity, usually me. -_-

Needed to gripe because this happens every. single. time. The latest was particularly annoying because with two healers up on Titan (Hard), neither one of them tossed me a single heal despite my being the one tanking Titan (as a MCH) after the MT died (the OT was doing jack all). It might've been fine if this were a rare occurrance, but it's not and it's frustrating. I find myself frequently missing all the threat drop/redirect abilities WoW has.
    Or you get the healer who refuses to actually heal at all. Or, a healer who is working hard to keep things going because the other healers don't seem to care or something, who then doesn't get limit break off fast enough, and then gets castigated for the remainder of the alliance raid. (I miss threat-dropping skills, too.)

7+ Year Old Account
    First person shooter
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

For whatever reason, Healers get a major pass on just about everything in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    For whatever reason, Healers get a major pass on just about everything in this game.
    Most MMO's give Healers and Tanks a little bit more leeway because others in the group don't want to wait to refill the group if they leave, because it can take a while sometimes. I understand that. Typically, you need them more than they need you.

Really depends on the group, though.

I've called out healers MANY times, for either tunnel visioning on DPS and letting someone die, for ONLY healing especially in low level dungeons where they cast their cure once every 10 seconds because the tank has 2 health less than max, or using the "wrong" cure (Using single target spells vs an AoE when the whole group needs healing), and stuff like that.

Most times it's just a newb issue and they say; OH I didn't know that, or oops wasn't paying attention, or I forgot what level we were and didn't realize I could use that spell here.

If it's not THAT big of a deal and you can get through the dungeon/trial just fine, just a little frustrated then meh...deal with it. If the healer is actually one of the reasons your group is not able to complete the content, yeah, call them out.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    being PLD i get nothing but love
    but i'll probably never touch a healing job. it seems a pain in the butt 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's funny, it seems largely the opposite to me.

The DPS get to just DPS and no one cares if they screw up or die, it's a minor issue in 99% of situations. Healer just fixes their screwups and they get to go on feeling like an elite DPS because nothing went wrong.

The healers take care of all that goes with their role and make up for everyone elses' mistakes and they have to be perfect themselves because no one will be there to fix their mistakes.

It's way more responsibility and people gripe at you accordingly. Everything from not DPSing enough to "omg where's my heal even though I stood in fire" and "wtf healer, tank died with all their mitigation off cooldown but it's your fault"
    I get what you're saying, but I've played MMOs in general and FF14 specifically long enough to know when something is someones fault. I play every roll and 75 percent of the egos I see are from healers, but I guess everyone has their own experiences.

Not sure if this is restricted to the endgame and high level content, but I barely saw people call out other people on anything ingame. The only time I saw a lot of negativity was in one of the animal trials in SB - though warranted. A ninja (literally) pulled, and both tanks were first flaming in the chat because they weren't the one to pull, then just sat down at the side and didn't do anything anymore till the group wiped at some point. Funny thing, though, if it weren't for the tank-buster one-hitting people, we could have healed through it and killed the boss without them.

That being said, if a DD takes a lot of extra damage, dies now and then, or is semi-afk for most of the run, it's usually not that big of a deal. When a healer does, it can lead to wipes. If it seems to some people that healers get a free pass on a lot, it may just be that more or less everyone does, but for healers (and tanks) it's just much more visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Or you get the healer who refuses to actually heal at all.
    Yep, wiped on the first pull in Sohm Al because the WHM kept spamming Holy until the tank died. I'm still not used to healers not being second on enmity (and not being able to reduce my own). I've gone from, "Quick, save the healer!" to "Crap, I'm next."

Though the worst one to date was still the healer who let the party wipe because they were too busy flirting with the tank in party chat to do anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I've called out healers MANY times
    Given the game's policy on "toxicity" I never say anything. I should be as upset or more with the OT who was basically just a 5th DPS. He was being told in chat to turn on his tank stance. -_-

I generally have a lot of sympathy for those roles because I've struggled with both, but I also come from years of playing hybrid classes in WoW where I'm used to keeping an eye out for situations where I may need to off-tank or off-heal. My go to is to look at target-of-target, see who the new 'tank' is, and try to keep them alive. What I've noticed in FFXIV so far is if the tank dies the healers just seem dumbfounded, like they don't know what to do next. Healers will more often than not let both DPS die while they res & heal up the tank when if they'd just kept healing the DPS everything would've been fine.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

A lot of healers take the "damage first, heal second" mindset. I even saw a guide talking about how to minimize healing while maximizing damage.

It's a huge problem I think. A healer's role should always be to heal, and I am definitely not a fan of this design approach.