Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Whoever had the the idea to give white mages a giant, super bright, eye melting ball as an AoE spell, i want them to know that i hate them.
    Spamming it feels great. Unfortunately spamming it in Limsa is a bannable offense.

. - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

Aight, i just finished the ARR storyline and JESUS they have to tone it down with the cutscenes.
    I don't mind the long cutscenes here and there, but being bombarded with them for over an hour without the ability to skip them while doing GROUP content is just waaaaaay too much.

On the plus side, i got the Magitek mech thing as mount which is cool and i finished the lvl 50 dragoon quests and now my catboy looks badass
    Last edited by Arafal; 2021-07-16 at 09:25 PM.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

Aight, i just finished the ARR storyline and JESUS they have to tone it down with the cutscenes.
    I don't mind the long cutscenes here and there, but being bombarded with them for over an hour without the ability to skip them while doing GROUP content is just waaaaaay too much.
    Dont worry, they chill out a bit with the cutscenes the farther you get into the game

As was stated above, they learned their lesson with the 2.0 mega-dungeons. They are put in their own roulette away from the rest and they do not have extensive cutscenes in the middle of dungeons again. If there are cutscenes tied to a dungeon they generally come at the end once the party has disbanded.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Most of the garbage gets filtered out the very instant you step into Heavensward.

Whoever had the the idea to give white mages a giant, super bright, eye melting ball as an AoE spell, i want them to know that i hate them.
    Haha, don't diss my Flashbang.
    Though BLMs Ice III is a close runner-up in dark dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, thankfully they never repeated the mistakes of Castrum and Praetorium.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Haha, don't diss my Flashbang.
    Though BLMs Ice III is a close runner-up in dark dungeons.
    Its just SUCH a satisfying button to press. From the spinny character animation, to that 'charge up' sound and the moment it explodes in a full screen ball of light. God, its good.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Its just SUCH a satisfying button to press. From the spinny character animation, to that 'charge up' sound and the moment it explodes in a full screen ball of light. God, its good.
    SCH art of war is such a joy to use, and a massive ground flash too. wonderful,

400+ queue ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu

we are SO screwed come endwalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post

Yes there will be queues in the first weeks. Just like in any other expansion before it.

They're investing like 60 million into server infrastructure and a new data center. I still expect the servers to get burdened on launch just because of the nature of the beast but they're prepping atleast.

Man seeing people raid Coil and get more views than the WoW race to world first has gotten some people extremely salty. What a strange year for mmo's this is turning out to be.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man seeing people raid Coil and get more views than the WoW race to world first has gotten some people extremely salty. What a strange year for mmo's this is turning out to be.
    Just proves that it isn't the content as much as the people that they want to watch.

Just proves that it isn't the content as much as the people that they want to watch.
    if asmon kept playing wow he'd still average around 30-50k viewers like the 3+ months before he played ff14 for the first time, now he's averaging 80-100k so obviously content matters a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    if asmon kept playing wow he'd still average around 30-50k viewers like the 3+ months before he played ff14 for the first time, now he's averaging 80-100k so obviously content matters a whole lot.
    Yeah sure, your favorite person doing something new and unexpected is more interesting than him doing the same old same old.
    In a few months, his views will come down to comparable levels.

I would not use these numbers in arguing which is the better game, that is just nonsensical.

Also, I'd argue that raid videos lost a lot of the glamour attached to them when Blizzard introduced difficulty modes for everyone.
    It was something special to see Nihilum do Sunwell back in the day, knowing that you will most likely never get to experience the content yourself.

I have no idea how people can watch the world-first race in the first place. The hosts suffer through several hours of talking about the same shit over and over again and you have to watch people fail over and over again.
    The MDI is way more interesting to me than that - and that says something.

I think most people would rather watch someone to react to something they like... so it's not that suprising to me and I wonder who would get salty over something like that. When Shroud played Battleroyale XY for the first time, it had/would have more viewers than "that other game's worldcup" as well
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-07-19 at 01:02 PM.

Is Nobody doing Steps of Faith?

I've been sitting in the queue for over an hour now.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

Is Nobody doing Steps of Faith?

I've been sitting in the queue for over an hour now.
    Unless you're on a European data center, most people aren't online right now. People are just waking up in the US. It's midnight in Australia.

. - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

I am actually excited. I am hoping the influx of players will translate to more funding and more/even better content.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's good. It's exactly the shot of excitement the genre needed. There is life beyond WoW.

Yeah sure, your favorite person doing something new and unexpected is more interesting than him doing the same old same old.
    In a few months, his views will come down to comparable levels.

I would not use these numbers in arguing which is the better game, that is just nonsensical.

Also, I'd argue that raid videos lost a lot of the glamour attached to them when Blizzard introduced difficulty modes for everyone.
    It was something special to see Nihilum do Sunwell back in the day, knowing that you will most likely never get to experience the content yourself.
    Thats not how it works. I watched for couple hours quin when he tried xiv and it was just too painful to watch so i switched to literally anything else (it was heartstone streams or sth). On the other hand I could watch him stream PoE all day any day. Other games? Depends.

Its the combination of content + the person who is streaming what matters. I don't really watch asmon, he has some cringe takes sometimes but I do watch when he does raids (that wipes them).

And I do not agree with raids losing "glamour" - thats something I won't ever agree neither with your or asmon. Exclusivity is what kills games.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV