Quote Originally Posted by Femininity View Post

I need new underwear.
    When they announced this I was sad because I the I couldn't justify the cost of buying one, as I don't play nearly as much as I used to. But holy shit, did I wish I was wealthy enough to just buy it cuz I wanted it. That guitar is sexy AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Most annoying of all: Unless you focus the boss you don't really see the cast bar very well as a healer, since you are not used to watching the aggro table (I think it displays casts too?).
    I learned that the hard way in ARR.
    I'm so glad that most tanks barely need attention in Delubrum Regniae, so I can have the boss in target and just put my focus on the tank (usually only needed for the last fight). Otherwise yea, the boss goes into the focus. I still wish I could display the enemy castbar a bit better. Same for debuffs btw.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-11-03 at 02:07 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Oh man i just saw something painful. I'm lvl.58 in Hydatos, having a good time with a full party off the light eureka discord shooting the shit when we get a lag spike on the Echidna looking NM on the east side. Some die and one guy doesnt take my ver raise. We wait and keep trying right till he warps out.

Then he jumps back in saying he fell alseep at his desk and just lost 45,000,000xp and delevelled to 59 from 60 and has no reflects to level again easy. Ouch.

15+ Year Old Account

To steal an idea from Zepla, this is absolutely 1000% true.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

So what will endgame look like in EW? I haven't played a FF14 in the haydday of the expac but it seems like once the MSQ is over you just go back to what you're doing now? i.e., leveling alt jobs, glams, gold saucer, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    So what will endgame look like in EW? I haven't played a FF14 in the haydday of the expac but it seems like once the MSQ is over you just go back to what you're doing now? i.e., leveling alt jobs, glams, gold saucer, etc.
    The overall design is not changing, so yes, you would just do what you're doing now just with the newer Endwalker content.

We're still not sure exactly what the Island Sanctuary thing is though, so that may be an "end game" activity or just an alternative thing you can do on the side like Gold Saucer.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    We're still not sure exactly what the Island Sanctuary thing is though, so that may be an "end game" activity or just an alternative thing you can do on the side like Gold Saucer.
    The whole "not quite animal crossing" makes be believe that gold saucer in scope is probably way closer than it actually being endgame.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    The whole "not quite animal crossing" makes be believe that gold saucer in scope is probably way closer than it actually being endgame.
    Agreed, I used the wrong phrase. It's highly likely not true end game (as in, get high end gear from to progress your character), just an activity you can do. Whether that's when you finish the MSQ, or along the way....it's an activity you can participate in when you're done with the other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Agreed, I used the wrong phrase. It's highly likely not true end game (as in, get high end gear from to progress your character), just an activity you can do. Whether that's when you finish the MSQ, or along the way....it's an activity you can participate in when you're done with the other stuff.
    Might be a prototype for something like "semi housing" or "different" kind of housing that won't be limited by the plots.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    In the category of "Things that are metal AF for a game to do" I'd say collaborating on making limited edition collector's guitars is a pretty metal thing to do.

Also just came in here to say, time and again I'm reminded of why FFXIV is so great. The game releases content that you can enjoy literally at any time in the future. The story will always be there, raids will all be there, even ultimates. If you're a raider, there are people doing min ilvl synced savage raids all the time, entire discords dedicated to this kind of thing.

WoW meanwhile, has so many "limited" features, along with this feeling of having to log in every day (whether you believe you have to or not, this is a sentiment felt by a huge number of players) leading to just anxiety and FOMO.

On top of that Yoshi P has always said... play FFXIV until you don't want to any more, go play another game, come back after a few months and we'll have something new. That's an amazing mindset to have. Far better than "how do we keep players addicted?" design mentality.
    WoW's marketing team used to do some pretty cool stuff. Sad that they don't have the budget for it anymore I guess.

Well that was a long time coming. Now to go back to Anemos to grind protean crystals and to chase logograms for the elemental armour while reading up on Baldesion Arsenal, better late than never?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Might be a prototype for something like "semi housing" or "different" kind of housing that won't be limited by the plots.
    I really don't want to get my hopes up, but having even bare bones housing with less space and less customization but for everyone would be great. Give my a little plot to plant some stuff on top and I'd be happy no matter what the rest of the content actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    I really don't want to get my hopes up, but having even bare bones housing with less space and less customization but for everyone would be great. Give my a little plot to plant some stuff on top and I'd be happy no matter what the rest of the content actually is.
    Yeah, i'm not really "expecting" much, just considering they might just test the waters with it for something they might've planned but couldn't fully realize (yet?) or wanna know the player reception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well that was a long time coming. Now to go back to Anemos to grind protean crystals and to chase logograms for the elemental armour while reading up on Baldesion Arsenal, better late than never?
    Grats!
    I still want the mount from Baldesions, I just can't be arsed to jumo through all those Discord related social media hoops in order to find an appointment for a group. Whomever had that design idea: f*** you.

Grats!
    I still want the mount from Baldesions, I just can't be arsed to jumo through all those Discord related social media hoops in order to find an appointment for a group. Whomever had that design idea: f*** you.
    Same here. I tried to get into it late in Stormblood and early Shadowbringers, but I couldn't even get past the first Eureka map, since everyone already had moved on to the later maps or was not interested in it anymore. At least Bozja can be used for leveling I guess (which also came way too late for me, as I maxed every job by 5.1). It's also one of these "one day" things, I really want some of those relic skins as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post

To steal an idea from Zepla, this is absolutely 1000% true.
    Can't expect people to grind through dozens of hours hoping the shit will turn into gold.

I tried ff14 out of curiosity and while the gear is really good, the combat, character customisation and graphics make WoW look like the epitome of game design.

How can you people defend having 4 faces per race, all tied to facial hair, in 2021?

Vanilla WoW in 2004 had a better character customisation than this game has in 2021.

Edit: Infracted for what? Saying the truth? Why are FF14 fanboys allowed to moderate a FF14 thread?
    Last edited by starstationprofm; 2021-11-05 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    How can you people defend having 4 faces per race, all tied to facial hair, in 2021?

Vanilla WoW in 2004 had a better character customisation than this game has in 2021.
    You were the guy that claimed WoW currently had 5m players in one of the news threads, weren't you?

Grats!
    It's on my list of things to get at some point but going through all that setup is exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Can't expect people to grind through dozens of hours hoping the shit will turn into gold.

I tried ff14 out of curiosity and while the gear is really good, the combat, character customisation and graphics make WoW look like the epitome of game design.

exaggeration and hyperbole won't support your arguement, only point out how hollow it is. ARR is still a step above what wow has to offer as a whole, and is only lesser in comparision to itself but still well done in establishing a meaningful foundation for all that came later.

As someone who spends an embarrassing amount of time in character creation, WoW gives the illusion of choice. They were also inconsistent in the amount of effort they put into every race with the remodel. While it appears they took pains to make sure the female BE faces resembled their BC versions, they made little attempt with female NEs and no attempt whatsoever with female humans who all have the exact same face just with different makeup. They also added that irritating default smile to female models, so if you want an NE who doesn't smile you have 3 face choices and it ruined some of the BE 'resting bitch' faces as well.

Tauren females only ever had 4 faces and while Trolls had 6 and I think Orcs had 9, everyone used the same 'pretty' face for both. Having 10-15 face options when most of them are ugly or old isn't a lot of choice when there are only a couple of attractive faces in the bunch. Once you deep dive into WoW's character customization it's not that great, it only appears so on the surface. They do seem to be working on it though.

I'm not saying FFXIV couldn't or shouldn't do better. The Au Ra I made was pure accident because I picked the face before I realized you couldn't change the horns, but by that point I liked what I'd created and couldn't capture the same magic with the face with the horns I did want. I don't understand why those can't be separated. Course, the upside is the horns are such a turn off for so many other people I almost never see anyone with my character's face. Also, for whatever reason, FFXIV players seem adverse to non flesh tones. It's rare I see red, green, blue skin, etc. I ran into clones of my characters in WoW all the time and I have yet to in FFXIV, so that's been nice.

Anyway. :P Combat gets a lot better around 60. It shouldn't take anywhere near that long, but I've had as much or more fun on some FFXIV classes than I did in WoW. DRG is as much fun as ret pally (my former main) to me. DNC playstyle reminds me of Wrath ret pally, something lights up - hit it! MCH is great now and probably more fun than I had on my hunter (any spec) after all the ability pruning. I do think some jobs go overboard with the amount of abilities they have.

My main disappointments have been that DRK isn't more like DK and that there isn't a dedicated DoT job.

ARR is in desperate need of more work though. I don't think it needs a complete overhaul, but it desperately needs an editor to trim down the dialog and a massive reduction in teleporting all over the place just to talk to people.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson