1. #51081
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,868
    Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    if asmon kept playing wow he'd still average around 30-50k viewers like the 3+ months before he played ff14 for the first time, now he's averaging 80-100k so obviously content matters a whole lot.
    Yeah sure, your favorite person doing something new and unexpected is more interesting than him doing the same old same old.
    In a few months, his views will come down to comparable levels.

    I would not use these numbers in arguing which is the better game, that is just nonsensical.

    Also, I'd argue that raid videos lost a lot of the glamour attached to them when Blizzard introduced difficulty modes for everyone.
    It was something special to see Nihilum do Sunwell back in the day, knowing that you will most likely never get to experience the content yourself.

  2. #51082
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man seeing people raid Coil and get more views than the WoW race to world first has gotten some people extremely salty. What a strange year for mmo's this is turning out to be.
    I have no idea how people can watch the world-first race in the first place. The hosts suffer through several hours of talking about the same shit over and over again and you have to watch people fail over and over again.
    The MDI is way more interesting to me than that - and that says something.

    I think most people would rather watch someone to react to something they like... so it's not that suprising to me and I wonder who would get salty over something like that. When Shroud played Battleroyale XY for the first time, it had/would have more viewers than "that other game's worldcup" as well
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-07-19 at 01:02 PM.

  3. #51083
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ardenweald
    Posts
    15,907
    Is Nobody doing Steps of Faith?

    I've been sitting in the queue for over an hour now.

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!


  4. #51084
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Is Nobody doing Steps of Faith?

    I've been sitting in the queue for over an hour now.
    Unless you're on a European data center, most people aren't online right now. People are just waking up in the US. It's midnight in Australia.

    . - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

  5. #51085
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    400+ queue ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu

    we are SO screwed come endwalker.
    I am actually excited. I am hoping the influx of players will translate to more funding and more/even better content.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man seeing people raid Coil and get more views than the WoW race to world first has gotten some people extremely salty. What a strange year for mmo's this is turning out to be.
    I think it's good. It's exactly the shot of excitement the genre needed. There is life beyond WoW.

  6. #51086
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yeah sure, your favorite person doing something new and unexpected is more interesting than him doing the same old same old.
    In a few months, his views will come down to comparable levels.

    I would not use these numbers in arguing which is the better game, that is just nonsensical.

    Also, I'd argue that raid videos lost a lot of the glamour attached to them when Blizzard introduced difficulty modes for everyone.
    It was something special to see Nihilum do Sunwell back in the day, knowing that you will most likely never get to experience the content yourself.
    Thats not how it works. I watched for couple hours quin when he tried xiv and it was just too painful to watch so i switched to literally anything else (it was heartstone streams or sth). On the other hand I could watch him stream PoE all day any day. Other games? Depends.

    Its the combination of content + the person who is streaming what matters. I don't really watch asmon, he has some cringe takes sometimes but I do watch when he does raids (that wipes them).

    And I do not agree with raids losing "glamour" - thats something I won't ever agree neither with your or asmon. Exclusivity is what kills games.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  7. #51087
    10 days and 20h of total playtime and I've finished the currently available MSQ completely, I quite enjoyed the journey overall especially 4.1 and forward but I don't see myself jumping into much of the other side content. Will probably just play other things until endwalker.

  8. #51088
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,566
    Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    I don't see myself jumping into much of the other side content.
    The ARR Hildibrand questline is pretty fun, would recommend doing that, only takes a few hours. If you like it and want more then do the HW and Stormblood versions. If you still want more comedy, there is the Post Moogle questline, though it doesn't have fancy cutscenes like the Hildibrand questline.

    As far as the raid storylines go, the Omega one was pretty decent. I also liked the Return to Ivalice one.

    . - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

  9. #51089
    Herald of the Titans Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    2,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I am actually excited. I am hoping the influx of players will translate to more funding and more/even better content.
    I admire the optimism, but cannot share it. Since 2015 the game's gotten more and more popular, but the content hasn't gotten better, and in some cases, we've even gotten less of it.

  10. #51090
    I've done dungeons a LOT, so I encountered it more than usual, but there are some really salty "gamer guys." I just got misgendered and accused of playing like a boosted player and bot, so I left. Hope they enjoyed waiting for a new tank in late-game dungeon content.

    I had gotten used to the niceness of the Guild Wars 2 community. FFXIV, on the other hand, attracts "gamer guys."

  11. #51091
    Not sure what 'gamer guys' is meant to refer to.

  12. #51092
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I've done dungeons a LOT, so I encountered it more than usual, but there are some really salty "gamer guys." I just got misgendered and accused of playing like a boosted player and bot, so I left. Hope they enjoyed waiting for a new tank in late-game dungeon content.

    I had gotten used to the niceness of the Guild Wars 2 community. FFXIV, on the other hand, attracts "gamer guys."
    This is the most bait-y sounding bait since the invention of bait.

  13. #51093
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    This is the most bait-y sounding bait since the invention of bait.
    I'm just not used to seeing dicks in MMORPGs, since I've stayed away from WoW.

  14. #51094
    Anyone has trouble in trying to make a character in ff14? A friend of mine finally wanted to give it a chance after so many people said it was a weeb game (he liked my footage of bosses).

  15. #51095
    Pit Lord bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    2,281
    Finally boosted my Scholar. I actually really like healing in this game, though ive only done various roulettes. There are still things i don't feel like i get entirely but I definately enjoy the moment to moment gameplay. Wish i didn't have to have a fairy and had a different looking pet, but o well.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

  16. #51096
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I admire the optimism, but cannot share it. Since 2015 the game's gotten more and more popular, but the content hasn't gotten better, and in some cases, we've even gotten less of it.
    Oh i don't agree with that. I do think the content got better. But, fair enough. It's your opinion.

  17. #51097
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I admire the optimism, but cannot share it. Since 2015 the game's gotten more and more popular, but the content hasn't gotten better, and in some cases, we've even gotten less of it.
    This. All the money the new players are dumping into the game will just be shuffled into development of other games. Between all the money the currents subs brought in in addition to the new subs and the mog station I suspect FFXIV is making as much profit for Square as WoW is for Blizzard, but FF doesn't have the same budget by a country wide mile. If the past few years are any indication, it got slashed in Stormblood and has only deteriorated since.

  18. #51098
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    This. All the money the new players are dumping into the game will just be shuffled into development of other games. Between all the money the currents subs brought in in addition to the new subs and the mog station I suspect FFXIV is making as much profit for Square as WoW is for Blizzard, but FF doesn't have the same budget by a country wide mile. If the past few years are any indication, it got slashed in Stormblood and has only deteriorated since.
    It's annoying.

    I really hope the game gets the investment it deserves since it seems to be the main thing keeping the company afloat these days. I really want to see the spaghetti code eliminated and enhanced character customisation...as well as more actual content.

  19. #51099
    Jesus Shivas Gold Saucer is packed. All the sprouts are after that Regalia car mount i imagine. No need to guess where they came from with all the blizzard shit talking in the zone chat. But man on PS4 you could not see shit for loading in a fraction of the players at once. It was like day one of ocean fishing times ten!
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  20. #51100
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,868
    I too had a queue of 670 on Cerberus @ 2100 hours when I wanted to relog.
    Ugh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •