15+ Year Old Account
    Also, I gotta say...

"Square enix is a company, and companies are designed to make money" = "They're going to lie to you about how they make their money and where they spend it" and "They're going to lie to you in general"

is one of the most reductive arguments I've seen this side of the forum. I realize that a lot of people have been abused, lied to, and exploited by gaming companies, but things are different from company to company. It's extremely two-dimensional thinking to think all companies = shady, bad, only in it for the money.

Yoshi P himself is a hardcore MMO gamer, he's been playing many of the same games I've played since ultima online and everquest. They made a promise of "gameplay first, money second" and have delivered on that promise.

Trust is earned. And the FFXIV dev team have earned it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Uh huh. I don't think they do sales on early access release but who knows. Stranger things have happened I guess.

Yes that's at new egg.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Also, I gotta say...

Yoshi P himself is a hardcore MMO gamer, he's been playing many of the same games I've played since ultima online and everquest. They made a promise of "gameplay first, money second" and have delivered on that promise.

Trust is earned. And the FFXIV dev team have earned it.

Yes that's at new egg.
    A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    If the trailer is any indication, we finally know what Amarautines look like beneath the mask. =)
    wait, when?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    wait, when?
    The launch trailer showed a few scenes from Amaurot, from the looks of it they look like just taller people, though they can apparently still have the freedom to dye their hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    The launch trailer showed a few scenes from Amaurot, from the looks of it they look like just taller people, though they can apparently still have the freedom to dye their hair!
    Oh, right, Venat was shown. But also I kinda figured the hair thing was already thing. Igorhym is seen with blue hair towards the end of ARR, even.

Can I buy moogle event items later as long as I have the currency? I see that the previous event's items appear to be available. I ask because I wanted the triple triad cards, but because I'm not far enough into SB the vendor won't display them to me. I've already bought everything else I wanted.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Farming certain mobs can start certain CEs. If you're going for a specific duel or something it is 100% worthwhile to farm the specific mobs instead of just hoping it pops cause that can take a long time.
    That's for achievements. It is not part of the progression or relic quest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    You get the colored memories. Joining a group that is farming clusters will be way faster then doing the skirmishes and CEs.
    You mean the stuff for the relic? You can do FATE's in old zones. It used to be faster. Dunno these days. It's really easy if you got BLU leveled up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Can I buy moogle event items later as long as I have the currency? I see that the previous event's items appear to be available. I ask because I wanted the triple triad cards, but because I'm not far enough into SB the vendor won't display them to me. I've already bought everything else I wanted.
    Couldn't see anything that says "not usable next time" like with the previous moogle event, yeah, should be usable at a later date under "previous events" when there's a new one

As long as you stock up on the currency you should be fine. Though afaik it only works for the items from the previous event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You mean the stuff for the relic? You can do FATE's in old zones. It used to be faster. Dunno these days. It's really easy if you got BLU leveled up.
    I have to disagree with that as well. Doing HW FATEs (at least the near 60 ones) is defintely faster than getting the few extra memories occasionally between clusters. I mean even the cluster drop rate isn't exactly stellar, even if you have 3 people run circles and nuking down everything in a 500 meter radius. It's worth to have to quest while you grind clusters, but if you just want the memories, FATEs it is.

Antitower for the next ones, preferably healer or tank to speedrun it between 9-14 minutes (best to absolute awful groups).

Castrum Lickityspit for the first weapon change step. PotD can die in a fire, not worth it unless you have a group that runs very high layers, but beating 5 crystals castrum every 40-50 minutes is hard even then.

Delubrum Reginae for the next step and some of the last step (make sure to have the final quest on at least one weapon at all times, this will save you alot of Dalridia runs later).

Dalridia for the final step if you no longer need the 4th step crystals (not quite sure tbh, Delubrum might still be faster overall).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I did HW fates, HW dungeons, Castrum Lacus, Stormblood fates, Delubrum Reginae, then critical engagements for the 180 part step. For raw emotions I split it between the two raids it allows you to do, with a mixture of level 70 dungeons. I wasn't a huge fan of some of the Bozja raids, so the ones I disliked I only did a couple times then decided that the 70 dungeons would just save my sanity a bit more.

You can substitute certain steps with things like PoTD or just grinding mobs in Bozja, but I always kind of took the most efficient route. There was no way I was ever going to step foot in PoTD again, do Crystal Tower raids or the actual grinding of raids for the 180 items. For that last step I just leveled some characters in Bozja/Zadnor, while doing critical engagements. I wanted to fully experience the zone anyway so I certainly got my fill doing all of the engagements available in each zone, as opposed to grinding out HW/SB/ShB raids.

No idea if I'll go back and grind any other relics as I put a shit load of time fully experiencing Bozja in the several days I no-lifed it, but at least some of the more annoying steps are a one and done sort of deal.

Thanks for the responses. Got another question. :P What is the secret to doing ocean fishing? Both times I've tried the NPC says they're not accepting anyone else, even talking to her an hour before the next departure. People say this is the easiest way to level fishing, but I can't even get on the boat. -_-
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Oh, right, Venat was shown. But also I kinda figured the hair thing was already thing. Igorhym is seen with blue hair towards the end of ARR, even.
    also during the amaroth doom scene the amoratians are no longer the non-descript entities Emet created.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    That's for achievements. It is not part of the progression or relic quest.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe a little faster but you make so much money from the clusters its my preferred way of doing it. Easy gil.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the responses. Got another question. :P What is the secret to doing ocean fishing? Both times I've tried the NPC says they're not accepting anyone else, even talking to her an hour before the next departure. People say this is the easiest way to level fishing, but I can't even get on the boat. -_-
    You can queue for the boat on the hour every two hours. You have to be there at the right time, that's all.

https://ffxiv.pf-n.co/ocean-fishing

Also a guide: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1411459855

For leveling, this stuff doesn't really matter, but you can easily get your shark mount while leveling. Just use the right bait to maximize SC chances because SC = huge exp, and use patience to get as many HQ fish as possible while using revised manuals and a food for exp.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2021-11-10 at 11:37 PM.

Thanks. I thought you had to pre-register for the event, I didn't realize you had to wait until top of the hour when the NPC has a quest marker to do so. We didn't meet our quota though, what happens if you do?

Thanks. I thought you had to pre-register for the event, I didn't realize you had to wait until top of the hour when the NPC has a quest marker to do so. We didn't meet our quota though, what happens if you do?
    You don't "pre-register" tho. You can register between X:00 - X:15 and that's it. Either you get a full group or you depart with everyone left that queues. If you queue right when it starts, you basically instantly get in, whereas a few minutes later, you usually depart at x:15 without a full group.

You just sign up, then it matches you with a group, then you get tossed into an instance on a boat where you fish for 7 minutes in each of 3 different areas. That's it, pretty simple. If there aren't enough people, it'll probably just say better luck next time, because it's not going to work well with just 2-3 people. You have multiple parties on the same boat, I've been the only person in my party on a boat with like 17.

The reason it's so good for leveling is because gear doesn't matter and the exp you get is based on your level, so you don't need to deal with constantly moving to appropriate level holes and hoping for the high level fish to bite that give good exp, it's very consistent high exp, and HQ gives a massive chonk of exp.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    When the matchmaking gets a full group together it starts immediately, if it can't find a full group it just starts with whoever signed up at xx:15

I've had some really barren groups in the past, which means your score will be crap but fishing EXP was fishing EXP. Ideally once you go for actual score, you'll want full groups with people who know what bait to use, as they'll not only contribute to party goals but also more consistently trigger spectral events.

Man i am such an idiot. I never got BLU beyond 52 because farming fates in Sea of Clouds was taking so long only to on a whim waiting for friends try it and on a random mob get 68,000xp instead of like 300xp from a fate mob and remember fate xp gains are dogshit for blue mage.

So i got from 52-60 in about 40 minutes

Ten levels left to cap that tomorrow and i'm really running out of things to do. Its sightseeing and big fishing left at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I buy moogle event items later as long as I have the currency?
    Depends, they had one moogle, where they actually removed the items to buy.... I had over 100 of the currency and simply forgot to buy in time. >.<