1. #51461
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    34,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yeah, Castrum really sucks in that you pretty much have to join your datacenter's castrum farm discord and sign up for a group on the weekends to get it done, and it's a lengthy process where you might spend an hour or two waiting for the group to form, and then half an hour ingame just popping in and out of Bozja hopping everyone gets into the same instance, and then waiting for Castrum to spawn, and then the actual 30-45 minute long run of it. You have to set aside your whole afternoon to do it.
    Wait what, is your data center really that dead?

    If I wanna do Castrum LL I just pop into southern front, wait for CLL to spawn and then hop in. Most of the time we have ~20 members which is enough to do it. Even if we don't free all 6 prisoners, getting it done is pretty easy.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver

  2. #51462
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Wait what, is your data center really that dead?

    If I wanna do Castrum LL I just pop into southern front, wait for CLL to spawn and then hop in. Most of the time we have ~20 members which is enough to do it. Even if we don't free all 6 prisoners, getting it done is pretty easy.
    I'm on Crystal, the most populated DC in NA. I had the opposite experience of @Felis igneus; I can count the number of successful Castrum/Dalriada runs I had (without using the farm discord) on one hand. Almost every time I queued for Castrum/Dalriada normally, we just didn't get enough people to do it (or didn't have organization), and then we wipe and don't have enough time to finish and you wasted all of that time and lost mettle. IIRC they may have latter nerfed Castrum but I haven't tried it in a while, too burnt out by the whole experience.

  3. #51463
    The Lightbringer Pannonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    3,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm on Crystal, the most populated DC in NA. I had the opposite experience of @Felis igneus; I can count the number of successful Castrum/Dalriada runs I had (without using the farm discord) on one hand. Almost every time I queued for Castrum/Dalriada normally, we just didn't get enough people to do it (or didn't have organization), and then we wipe and don't have enough time to finish and you wasted all of that time and lost mettle. IIRC they may have latter nerfed Castrum but I haven't tried it in a while, too burnt out by the whole experience.
    That's weird, i did all 80 relics, so there were a lot of CLL runs, but in my experience i can count the times we didnt finish on one hand - playing on Light EU

    DR on the other hand, i only did with speedrungroups, as 60 min in there just grates on the very essence of my soul.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2021-11-15 at 09:38 AM.

  4. #51464
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm on Crystal, the most populated DC in NA. I had the opposite experience of @Felis igneus; I can count the number of successful Castrum/Dalriada runs I had (without using the farm discord) on one hand. Almost every time I queued for Castrum/Dalriada normally, we just didn't get enough people to do it (or didn't have organization), and then we wipe and don't have enough time to finish and you wasted all of that time and lost mettle. IIRC they may have latter nerfed Castrum but I haven't tried it in a while, too burnt out by the whole experience.
    Crystal has the most characters, but Aether has more level 80 characters. Crystal in general is just bad for raiding unfortunately.

  5. #51465
    Does someone know what all the lvl 50+ Bard-bots are doing? Do people actually buy GIL in FFXIV and.... how come they aren't getting banned considering how supposedly easy it is to get banned in FFXIV when you fart in the wrong direction?

  6. #51466
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Does someone know what all the lvl 50+ Bard-bots are doing? Do people actually buy GIL in FFXIV and.... how come they aren't getting banned considering how supposedly easy it is to get banned in FFXIV when you fart in the wrong direction?
    What do you mean "Bard bots?"

    As in, Bards sitting around playing music using a bot, or specifically Bards being the ones shouting for gil selling in cities?

    Either way, this is the first I've heard someone discussing it.

  7. #51467
    No.. the legion of Bards named "Aasgadsgas Ohghnjgog" that are lvl 50+ and teleporting below maps and stuff like that.

    You can't even report them properly due to how awkward the report system is in FFXIV.
    So I wonder what they are doing and more importantly, why no GM is banning them because it doesn't actually take more than 5 seconds to filter them out.

    Maybe it's because their own system is so convoluted that they have to type in their names manually themselves, which is why no one is bothering to do something.

    I only checked Bards... but now that I think about it, there are probably other classes as well.

    I just wonder how they reach lvl 50. You can probably ban 300 of them on a daily basis, so does that mean they gave up? I just wonder why they don't have anything in place that registers weird movements and disconnects them.
    I also wonder how they mess up the statistics, now that I write about it some more.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-11-15 at 03:35 PM.

  8. #51468
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Crystal has the most characters, but Aether has more level 80 characters. Crystal in general is just bad for raiding unfortunately.
    I mean I play on chaos (dunno what the verdict for that datacenter is?) and until last week I never had a failed (*) DR run. Castrum is a bit worse, since after 2 wipes you run into issues with the timer already and some people simply can't grasp the marker mechanic to save their lives; but even then 2 of my 4 failed runs are down to only having 3 people queue up and my 2 helpers failed despite super-echo support.


    *no tanks, no healers, most people had no esseneces, we had to stop after the lizard because I started to see abilities and combinations that I hadn't seen in the last 3 months, since we too like 14 minutes for a miniboss kill.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  9. #51469
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    I mean I play on chaos (dunno what the verdict for that datacenter is?) and until last week I never had a failed (*) DR run. Castrum is a bit worse, since after 2 wipes you run into issues with the timer already and some people simply can't grasp the marker mechanic to save their lives; but even then 2 of my 4 failed runs are down to only having 3 people queue up and my 2 helpers failed despite super-echo support.


    *no tanks, no healers, most people had no esseneces, we had to stop after the lizard because I started to see abilities and combinations that I hadn't seen in the last 3 months, since we too like 14 minutes for a miniboss kill.
    I play on Chaos as well!

    I've seen a couple of wipes on certain bosses, but I've never had a group fail or disband. I've never had to rely on Discord in order to find a group to run any of the current relic raids with, either. I'm sure that'll change as of Endwalker but there's less setup required to get into the relic raids compared to how it worked in Stormblood.

  10. #51470
    Had a group fail once in CLL. Don't exactly remember what happened, but we wiped/wanted to wipe, but we couldn't wipe at the top because it happened JUST as the core came out and took FOREVER (like a solid 5-10 minutes...) to despawn, making us time out on the 2nd pull.

  11. #51471
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    No.. the legion of Bards named "Aasgadsgas Ohghnjgog" that are lvl 50+ and teleporting below maps and stuff like that.

    You can't even report them properly due to how awkward the report system is in FFXIV.
    So I wonder what they are doing and more importantly, why no GM is banning them because it doesn't actually take more than 5 seconds to filter them out.

    Maybe it's because their own system is so convoluted that they have to type in their names manually themselves, which is why no one is bothering to do something.

    I only checked Bards... but now that I think about it, there are probably other classes as well.

    I just wonder how they reach lvl 50. You can probably ban 300 of them on a daily basis, so does that mean they gave up? I just wonder why they don't have anything in place that registers weird movements and disconnects them.
    I also wonder how they mess up the statistics, now that I write about it some more.
    Again, this is the first I'm hearing of this. How did you even find them if they're below the map? What statistics? Also, what are they doing?

    As a rule I'm against anyone deliberately doing shady shit they shouldn't be doing and shouldn't be able to do, because those are the rules and people should follow them, otherwise we end up losing stuff because they have to change rules and whatever ("this is why we can't have nice things" meme). However, I will acknowledge that dealing with people breaking rules is a difficult thing and takes a while and is impossible to catch and deal with all of them. If they're not hurting anyone or doing anything to hinder anyone's game play enjoyment, I understand why dealing with them would be lower on the list of priorities.

  12. #51472
    Crystal has more people than Aether now? Guess that's why we lost our preferred status. :P
    "Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought." - Isaac Bashevis Singer

  13. #51473
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Again, this is the first I'm hearing of this. How did you even find them if they're below the map? What statistics? Also, what are they doing?

    As a rule I'm against anyone deliberately doing shady shit they shouldn't be doing and shouldn't be able to do, because those are the rules and people should follow them, otherwise we end up losing stuff because they have to change rules and whatever ("this is why we can't have nice things" meme). However, I will acknowledge that dealing with people breaking rules is a difficult thing and takes a while and is impossible to catch and deal with all of them. If they're not hurting anyone or doing anything to hinder anyone's game play enjoyment, I understand why dealing with them would be lower on the list of priorities.
    They teleport and zig-zag around from quest objective to quest objective and are doing quests/MSQ.
    Not sure why, because I don't know what GIL is being used for in this game, feels like a dead market.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yngZ_LapcB4 15:40 for example (first video I found while googling it)




    lets play a game, find the actual player among the bots.

    As for statistics... well, the "created accounts" stuff and how many people play which class etc. etc.
    Since they are above lvl 50 they are most likely included, aren't they?


    Wouldn't be suprised if they cause problems when SE decides to do some stuff in old content when 300 bots are already filling up the servers.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-11-15 at 06:02 PM.

  14. #51474
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    That's weird, i did all 80 relics, so there were a lot of CLL runs, but in my experience i can count the times we didnt finish on one hand - playing on Light EU

    DR on the other hand, i only did with speedrungroups, as 60 min in there just grates on the very essence of my soul.
    I ran DR that much I started to feel physically ill after 2 or 3 runs lol, would get headaches.

  15. #51475
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    They've been doing it since the game came out. You'll see little clusters of characters with gibberish names all appearing in exactly the same place and then zipping around and disappearing. Hang around a city long enough and you'll see them all pop into existence near a company chest and then disappear together.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    They teleport and zig-zag around from quest objective to quest objective and are doing quests/MSQ.
    Not sure why, because I don't know what GIL is being used for in this game, feels like a dead market.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yngZ_LapcB4 15:40 for example (first video I found while googling it)




    lets play a game, find the actual player among the bots.

    As for statistics... well, the "created accounts" stuff and how many people play which class etc. etc.
    Since they are above lvl 50 they are most likely included, aren't they?


    Wouldn't be suprised if they cause problems when SE decides to do some stuff in old content when 300 bots are already filling up the servers.
    Ah, bots in general I'm aware of being a thing since the game launched. Was more referring to the Bard bots comment, wasn't sure why Bard was relevant in that context, but I get it now. Bard was just the job these particular bots were.

    And yeah, they've been causing problems for a while. Not huge ones, but still super annoying, especially the gatherers. They do get caught and reported and I'm sure some get actioned against on a regular basis, I've honestly never seen them out in the wild, not like that anyway, though I have seen some weird ass names occasionally just not in packs and not doing anything actively out in the world.

  16. #51476
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    34,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm on Crystal, the most populated DC in NA. I had the opposite experience of @Felis igneus; I can count the number of successful Castrum/Dalriada runs I had (without using the farm discord) on one hand. Almost every time I queued for Castrum/Dalriada normally, we just didn't get enough people to do it (or didn't have organization), and then we wipe and don't have enough time to finish and you wasted all of that time and lost mettle. IIRC they may have latter nerfed Castrum but I haven't tried it in a while, too burnt out by the whole experience.
    I've been spamming CLL and Dal the last month, and on average we usually get about 20 people per run. I'm on crystal.

    Yes, there was a time when the two were basically dead, but that was before they added echo. Both are really popping off now with lots of people doing them. And even with a party of 4, it's possible to do them both. With a 4 person CLL as a tank I have something like 800k HP and do enormous damage. You can stand in every mechanic and not die. It's actually kinda fun to do it with very few people now.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver

  17. #51477
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    It's actually kinda fun to do it with very few people now.
    If they are even remotely competend, yea, undersized runs tend to be more fun now.

    In other news, I think I will really go back to DR, TD is way too much of a risk unless you have alot of fodder in your group.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  18. #51478
    God, 50-60 leveling its so terribly boring, i dont wanna run potd

  19. #51479
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    God, 50-60 leveling its so terribly boring, i dont wanna run potd
    Do MSQ roulette once a day then?
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  20. #51480
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Do MSQ roulette once a day then?
    have to do it now, still have the road to 70 buff and im going for the amaro

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •